Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Recruitment Drive [Open]

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OC
Nanashi, Kumomi and Roku have not posted in more than 5 days now, so they are officially out of this thread.
There will be more opportunities to join the Ranger Order, so fret not.
It is just us three now.
I know you have already started rping in the dome, but since there is only 2 of you, I'll be directly modding you.

IC
Kuro reassured Kazuki that he had nothing but benign intentions and that he would never, purposefully so, endanger the younglings of Sunagakure. The Overlord nodded in response. "That is good to know. Not that I though you had gone mad and you were really going to send ill-prepared rangers into ducking it out with a sandwyrm, but sometimes better safe than sorry." the White Wolf noted as the Toraono Warlord left the room. The three hopeful initates had accepted the Silvery Haired Man's terms and had already entered the forest biodome. Taking a careful look upon the items the Sennin had left with him, Reaper sat down in front of the screens as he monitored what the twins and Midori Majo were doing. Doing as instructed, the former Sennin saw as Kasure began picking fallen pieces of wood and distributing them into two piles. Midori would soon join in with the effort of wood collecting, after being explained the rule of three. After hearing that, Kazuki nodded. Kasure was essentially correct and that meant their chances of survival had just increased exponentially. It also meant there would be no need for direct involvement if things went awry.

MOD
Upon the the forest biodome, you will immediately notice one of two things. There are trees everywhere, wherever you lead your eyes, trees is all that you can see. In fact, one could equate this dome to the natural environment found in the Fire Country. Oak, holly, ash, yew, pine. These and more kinds of trees can be found, regardless if they usually show up together or not. If you look up, you will notice you cannot see the sky, as the multitude of leaves completely conceal it. Nevertheless, there is more than enough light for you to see everything in great detail. On the other hand, this will make it hard to guess what time of the day really is. The other thing you can spot out, is a tiny trail in the forest floor leading north. You cannot go back, and left and right is impossible as it is blocked by a thick wall of trees, forcing you to go forward. After 30 meters of walking in a straight direction, the trail takes a sharp right turn and abruptly ends in a small clearing. Once inside the clearing you can see the trail continuing on the other end. The sky becomes visible again, showing nothing but a clear blue, indicating it is still morning. The ground is covered in plain grass, except for a spot in the center. This particular area has been cleared of everything. A closer inspection might reveal this has been used for a fire. In the distance, you can also hear rumor of water

With water close and an already fireplace built it, this might be the perfect place for setting camp. Where the trail starts again, you can see a few broken branches, which could be an indication that someone has passed through it rather recently.

What will you do? Set up camp, further inspect the clearing or continuing on?

Midori Majo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Midori dropped of his last bundle of wood and dusted off his hands. The kindling had come along nicely and he had even pocketed a couple nice disk shaped rocks for later. Improvised weaponry, yes, they were for all intensive purposes cavemen. Looking around he saw only one real clear path through the woods. Smiling, he looked back to his two comrades and spoke.

“Well I’m going to follow that game trail and look for water.” He explained

Turning, Midori wandered down the path. Though they had no chakra he wasn’t all that concerned. There were three of them and they were hunting one man after all. Before long he came out into a clearing. The clearing felt.. fresh? Midori lacked the words to accurately describe the sense he was getting, but it felt odd to him somehow. The soft dribble of water drew him from his day dreaming and he picked up a nearby stick. Drawing an arrow in the direction of the sound and scribed ‘Headed to Water’</I><I>. Smiling at his marked path – he began to crawl his way towards the source.

Would he find water? Would he get jumped? These were but a couple of the thoughts wandering through his mind. If nothing else his marked path would let his comrades know where he had wandered.

Kioku Kasure

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The twins headed into the clearing where the fire had recently been set up. Kaz sighed looking around and began to set up camp, preparing for the chase.

"What do you think?" Kaz asked the question when Midori was out of earshot, Kaz sharpening crude spears out of what looked to be 5 foot poles, while Satto made what seemed to be an axe using some of the long grass as binding.

"About the kid? He will be fine, he needs a little life experience, which this will give him. Its not like we're hunting in the obsidian dungeon, Its just one of our own and help is a few moments away."

"I wonder about that. But anyway if you go off that way we can between the three of us get some map exploration and maybe get some idea where he went." If Midori got back first he would find that Satto had lazily written 'gone fishin' on the ground.

Satto headed a little way into the forest picking some of the birch trees he began to chop down some larger branches, he just hoped Midori didn't get in to trouble while he was getting some weapons ready. He really was a soft touch at times.

Kaz meanwhile went to inspect the broken branches, the softer ground held tracks reasonably well, but Kaz was no huntsman they could be man, animal or manimal for all he knew.

"Well, at least I know somethings here..."

[246]

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
MOD

The rumor of water lead Midori into East. You will notice that although there is not defined trail leading to the water source, the trees have more space between them. A trail usually indicates there is sufficient passage to create such path, even among dense forests. But areas where the trees have much more space between them than the norm, might indicate one of two things. Either it is just a random coincidence, or this area is being created on purpose to lead someone out of their way. Without concerning yourself with that, you went on searching for the source of water. Unfortunately for you, this sort of trail is tortuous. Immediately after exiting the clear you will notice that the trees behind close down, becoming as dense as they were anywhere else. But in front of you, everything remains the same. As you walk straight ahead, the sound of streaming water does not become more pronounced as it should. You may verify if you are walking in circles, but one thing is clear, you are not getting near. Suddenly, a root forces you to stumble on your feet, making you to fall over. Instead of being welcomed by a fluffy floor, a hole on the ground reveals itself. But the strange occurrences are not over as a vine miraculously drops from the tree canopy. If you do have time to look up, you will notice a shade on top of a branch were the vine dropped.

Midori, will you allow yourself to drop on the hole and discover what is down there or will you accept the shade's help?

Kasure and Satto have decided to remain on the clearing. As soon you entered you, you will notice something strange about this forest. The absence of sound. No bird chirping, no sound of wind, no rustle of leaves, no sound of water. So why did Midori leave the clearing in search of water? It seems the forest is frozen in time and the only living things are you and your companions. A closer inspection upon the broken branches will reveal that they were not forcibly broken by the passage of something. Instead they were slashed out of the tree by something very hot as there are traces of ash, both on the tree branch and on the ground. You may not be an experienced tracker but the markings of the ground clearly indicate it is an animal with claws on its paws. The size of the track is a fair indicator it is adult-size, possibly larger than a human adult. The tracks go further on the trail, but abruptly stop a few meters out. Peace in the clearing is suddenly broken as a loud crashing sound reaches your hears. The sounds seems to come from the direction Midori went, but it sounded as if a tree had been sawed and timber was falling.

You will stay in the clearing or will you will go out and find the source of the sound?

Midori Majo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Deeper and deeper into the forest Modiri went, every once in a while taking a moment to scout the trees ahead of him. To his shock the path seemed remarkably easy to navigate. As he went on for what felt like forever he felt an odd sensation in his gut. Glancing behind him Midori noticed with a suspicion that the woods behind him were denser than ever. Either the forest was a sentient, ever shifting being – or he was under the effects of a Genjutsu. Listening closely he would remark to himself that the water did not seem to be getting any louder.

With a shrug Midori decided to continue on. It made sense to him that at this point he was clearly being watched, and if was in his best interest not to let his stalker know he knew what was up. As he walked deeper and deeper into the woods a root reached out and tripped him. ‘What the heck?’<i></i>

As Midori plummeted face-to-ground a hole opened up before him and a vine fell to his rescue. Having just enough time to realize that this was all to convenient of an occurrence, Midori ignored the vine. Placing his hands up defensively he turned his head to the right and braced for impact. Or lack thereof? Was the hole real, or just another Genjutsu? Only time would tell – but gods be willing he would not find himself face to face and alone against their target. The hunter had become the prey, and Midori felt like a rabbit to be sure. The hunter still had his or her chakra, and the tides were not in Midori’s favor.

Kioku Kasure

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Hmmm, not good." Kaz did not like the idea of a large clawed creature, nor of something cutting its way through the trees. As if a shadow passed over him Satto caught the same sense of unease,dropping all that he was doing, he began to make his way to his twin.

"So if I was hunting a missing nin in a foreign land and saw this, I would pull back and gather my team. Therefore us doing exactly the opposite is probably-"

"-an absolutely bloody awful idea? I realised as well..." Satto stepped out from behind the tree in time to catch the end of Kaz's monologue. Kaz didn't turn as he got up, he had known his brother was near even without the chakra binding they usually had. He had more pressing matters at hand, like the fact he hadn't taken the scenario seriously until now.

"So, us two alone without back up, a missing younger shinobi and the man we're tracking was more powerful than us by my approximation. Also a large clawed creature on the loose." The situation looked bad, the pause which followed showed both of their acknowledgement of that fact perfectly. Kaz brushed the hair out of his eyes, and tied it back, taking a deep breath as he did so. Satto understood perfectly mirroring the action, drawing up his focus. Now they were ready.

"We need to find Midori. If we're being picked off then we have to try and find him."

"Slowly though. Caution is needed here." Satto nodded in response and the pair began to move out stealthily, covering each other as they always did. Pacing towards the sound, keeping on alert. All trace of the jovial mood that they had in the waiting room had been dispelled, now that lives were on the line. Both of them inwardly cursing their own negligence for not being prepared, before this happened.

[321]
[MFT]

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
MOD
The vine offer was not accepted. Perhaps you were wise in not accepting the offer, but that means you fell on the hole. To your surprise, the fall was cushioned by a bed of leaves, leaves you cannot find anywhere else but on your landing spot. The hole above your head closes with a click. Behind you there is only rocks. Above you there is the hole you came from, but you cannot forcibly open it from your side. It is very dark inside this location, but your eyes will eventually grow accustomed to the lack of light and you begin to discern some details. You realize you are inside a tunnel that leads forward as you feel the faintest of the wind currents. From the distance a tiny blob of light seems to be coming your way. Eventually you will realize it is a tiny creature, also known as a wisp. Sentient spirits of the forest. This creature is motioning you to follow it. The glow that accompanies this being provides you with a much necessary light source. As far as you can see, this tunnel leads forward into the horizon. No bumps, no crossroads, just a simple tunnel going forward. You have two choices. Stay where you are and hope for rescue, or follow it.

A large crashing sound and the notion of a large creature roaming the forest alerted you that not everything is what it seems. Perhaps this peaceful forest is not as calm it should be. Knowing something off, perhaps due to a greater experience pool than the young energetic Green Witch, you stealthy follow the source of the sound. Unknowingly, you are following Midori's path, but things will be different this time around. Just like before, however, you will notice that the path in front of him is relatively open, but the forest immediately closes down behind you. In a way, you are forced to go forward. Your stealth approach proves to be successful as you reach the source of where the crashing sound came. The ground has clear signs of being recently tampered with. You notice a small crack that seems to lead forward. You are not aware,but Midori is down below, and the crevice aptly follows the tunnel below. You can do one of two things. Either investigate why there is a crack on the ground, when the rest of the floor shows nothing of the sort. Or follow it.

OC
Feel free to criticize my modding style or to suggest me something, at any time, ok?

Kioku Kasure

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The two figures stalked silently through the trees, not even sharing a look or a hand sign. And the pair were intensely aware of the lack of sound, which in many ways made it easy to be aware of traps, but also made stealth somewhat impossible even the slightest breath seemed like a hurricane. Not to mention the toll it was taking on them mentally, it seemed like something was playing with them and was in control of their environment, neither could be entirely sure they weren't inside an elaborate genjutsu. As such both were far too alert to keep up the pretense that they weren't fully in sync. Approaching the edge of the immediate tree line, they hit upon what seemed like a forest trail. When things seem to good to be true- they usually are... A shared glance caused their eyes to meet before they continuing to scan the surrounding area for threats. The pair were not unconcerned at the seeming lack of path behind them, but it seemed to be less of a pressing concern than their missing witch. That's a problem for future Satto, or more likely Kaz. A brief smirk hit Sattos lips, Kaz meanwhile moved up along the path tracing the young students path. When they arrived at the area with the crack their instinct was too go up and look for Midori, but deep in the back of their consciousness a tiny voice was screaming 'Its a trap.' So they circled around in opposite directions trying to work out what happened whilst still on a high alert. All of their senses strained to their limit in the eerie silence which seemingly persisted over the entire forest in such an unnatural way. I am beginning to regret not having eaten after training. Kaz inwardly sighed. Sometimes it was the little things which were the worst.

[316]
[MFT]

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC: Due to my own inaction within this thread, I am going to be removing myself from it. I just lost interest and focus and it has been difficult to build back into this at this point in time. I will try again at any future Ranger recruitment sessions.

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
This was fated to become a complete failure. Although the simulation areas were sealed shut, a sufficiently strong shinobi, like most of them were, could find a way to escape without direct intervention from Kazuki. He had suspected most of them were long gone now, with only the twins remaining. Unfortunately, even for them the lesson was going to be cut short. The Overlord had received grave news, via his headset, and his presence was required somewhere else. He had the desire to finish this, but that other thing took precedence. After reaching the second clearing, the one where Midaro had mysteriously disappeared, the twins would find nothing. The forest was as peaceful as ever, but it was about to change. The sound of an old, rusty, metallic door opening would become audible and alert one, if not both, of the twins. They would see Kazuki standing, not far from them, but still in the original room. The frame of a door had magically appeared ten meters in front of them, right in the middle of a trail. The White Wolf would motion for them to come closer and pass through the portal.

Once back to the starting point he would motion for them to drop the suit and reacquire their possessions from the sealed box, only them could access. "Unfortunately I will have to end this lesson now. Something else happening right now, requires my immediate attention and I would not allow you continue on your own. The rest of the hopeful apprentices have already left. Take this." the Silvery Haired Man announced as he handed Kasure something. Once accepted, the Suna shinobi would be helding a crudely crafted gem. This gem had acquire the shape of the symbol shown in Suna's headbands. "It will become warm when the next lesson is up. Now leave." Reaper would explain. It was to leave, for both of them.

[Lesson over]
[Topic Left]
[We will start this over in a new thread]
[Request B-Rank modded fail mission rewards]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back