Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Squad 2 - Ekirei Village

Daigo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Daisuke.gif

Name: Chion
Clan: Toujigikou (Link here)

Date of Birth: The 10th of August (approval here)

Height: 5' 11"
Weight: 150 lbs
Dominant hand: Ambidextrous

Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Crimson red (ripple pattern)
Alignment: Neutral good
<i>
</i>

"Come on, no medic recorded anything in any of the records about this crisis. What a big waste of time on my part.", he thought as his shared vision remained active. As Daisuke’s eyes peered into the body, Chion too noticed the strange burns near the tissue. A puzzled expression appeared on his face as he had never seen anything like it before. Chion looked towards the clone which obviously had no idea either. It was truly baffling indeed. The clone of Daisuke took a closer look at the nearby tissue samples just as a precautionary measure. He did not want to leave any stone unturned. Chion remained still, watching through Daisuke’s eyes as he explained to Shimete and the others exactly what he had observed in the body.

"What the hell is that? What could have caused all that damage." he thought as he tried to wrap his mind around it all. A plague of some sort which affected everyone in the village regardless of age, race, gender or any other ethnicity and seemed to cause the chakra in one’s body to burn the tissue that surrounded it. He then spoke over the radio so that all his comrades could hear him and chime in. Brainstorming was the key to learning more about this crisis. "It almost looks like someone or something tried to force out the chakra within the body. The locals might not know about chakra, or if they do, they might not know how to properly utilize it. What could suck or somehow force out a person’s chakra? chakra stealing jutsus? A large swarm of starving Kikai insects, mostly used by those in the Aburame clan? What do you guys think?".

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Shimete disagreed with the idea of starving Kikai insects. Such answers would not apply to the other village. The villagers at squad three’s location are currently experiencing an increase of chakra. Kikai would not explain that. “Are you sure the chakra is being sucked out and not expelled. The villagers of Ijouhassei are currently experiencing increased chakra and I would like to think there is a connection. What if a person’s life force was converted into chakra? I assume a human body could only contain so much, thus the access chakra would be expelled.”

Daigo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shimete’s idea intrigued Daisuke. The thought of some kind of jutsu or more likely some kind of environmental factor causing chakra fluxuations made a lot more sense. The Kikai insect notion was just Chion spit balling. He stopped a moment and explained how the body he just observed had its chakra gates still in tact. Unlike a hachimon, they showed no signs of being broken nor the muscles any signs of having strengthened recently. This ‘plague’ became more and more strange as they gathered more clues. He pondered on what Shimete had said. "Excess chakra being expelled? Like those with the heaven curse seal, you mean? Makes sense, but how did it occur in so many in the time frame. Why did the chakra plague target everyone here, but only certain people elsewhere? I know I sound like a broken record, but the water source, food factories, or air pollution of some kind seems about as good as any place to check. The hospital wasn’t of any help regarding the medical records. If only we could find patient zero in this ground zero."

He took another breath and began to compile everything he knew about the village. "Trading village. Lots of traffic, could be how it spread. Shimete and team three say it’s all about chakra fluxuation. I have a visual to confirm it. Plague affected everyone here thus far and those kilometers away from the village. Visual confirmed upon arrival to this village. Civilians supposedly have little to no knowledge of chakra or chakra control. An overload could easily kill them. Its like the heaven curse seal and sensory overload. The body doesn’t know what to do and Shimete’s notion of the body forcibly expelling the ever building chakra in an attempt to spare the body caused burns throughout the chakra lines around the tissue and possibly the major organs. Like a hachimon, but there's no broken gates nor abnormal increase in muscle mass" It was baffling really. His mind was so clouded that it became annoying to ponder anymore. "Have we heard anything from squad one? Are they aware of what was just discovered in these bodies?" he asked, if everyone was kept in the loop then things would be alright, but something was still on Daisuke’s mind. The distance and mass infection concerned him along with the hachimon theory, then he had a question. To his knowledge, hachimons were known for pushing their limits and gaining stronger physical enhancements as they continued to open gates, but even at the basic levels of being a hachimon without the aid of the gates, they displayed a more than average increase in their abilities, even among other shinobi, so why didn't this corpse?

"Under the assumption that you're theory is true, Shimete, would you agree that if a regular civilian did in fact gain an enormous increase in chakra, their bodies would have burned out after...I don't know getting stronger, faster, healing faster, etc? They would not know jutsus I guess, but they should have shown some signs of superhuman intellect, or some enhanced senses, right? What we shinobi take for granted, these people should have noticed in an instant like agility, taijutsu, and stamina since ninjutsu, genjutsu, and chakra control are off the table. The elderly jumping much higher in the air... An adolescent gaining a serious increase in strength just before beating up the local bullies for the years of harassment... the husbands having higher stamina levels in bed, someone should have noticed something. I mean, as far as I know, a person with no bloodline traits or individual special abilities and no jutsu with a truck load of chakra...they defiantly should have stuck out right?", he asked as he re examined the previous body, then three other bodies with his crimson rinnegan eyes in hopes of finding more clues. He was looking for the tiniest enhancements to the body, even a slightly enhancement digestive system, anything to support what he was trying to convey to Shimete and Deta.

"This body did not show any signs of an increase in strength, but what about the others. Chakra resides in every living creature, but not all can properly harness it and utilize it in combat or everyday life without necessary training. Some warriors have no idea that they might be utilizing chakra during battle, but the fact is that they are using it. They might not notice it, but still. So why didn't they at least notice enhanced abilities for a little while prior to death. Would they have noticed the physical enhancements if they had lived?"

[mft] wc: 710

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[OOC: sorry this is small, I'm sorry for the holdups, I'll be posting more regularly now as my uni is finished for the year (summer holiday)]

The ghost spoke to Matsuke It was strange. I felt a sudden surge, it took my breath away, and then nothing. I just awoke here in this realm and knew that everything was over. There was nothing out of the ordinary that I can think of happening before hand.

Daisuke asked them a question and Deta pondered using Akira's thought patterns. Shimete replied but Deta held his thoughts for a moment. His eyes continued to search the bodies.

Then he spoke up after Daisuke had responded.

"The electricity box outside most buildings in Kumo have a safety switch which burns out when there's too much power running through it. The body lives on chakra, chakra is the energy which allows the body to function. We train this system to enable us to act the way we do as shinobi, force our bodies to perform at a heightened level, these people were not. Is this what happens when too much chakra is suddenly forced through the connections?

What could this mean...

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Shimete suddenly feels a rush of power as her eye evolves to its final stage. She was able to see everything around even inside the buildings. She could see the chakra flow in each of her teammates. All of this visual stimulation was overwhelming and she faints. Before she passes out she was able to say, "I can see..."

Matsuka heard some of what her teammates have found out over the headset. It matches what the ghost here just described. “We believe your life force was converted into energy which would explain your surge in power, but that is quite unusual. Have you seen any strange people in the village recently?” Something like this can’t possibly be natural; there has to be some sort of mind behind it. She might interview the local priest to see if it was something demonic.

Daigo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shutting up after giving a long winded speech, Daisuke heard Deta’s wise words well and then the metaphor made much more sense. Deta’s theory, which proposed that normal citizens who did not train their bodies to handle large amounts of chakra would simply die from an overload, easily refuted Daisuke’s theory, which proposed the citizen’s brief awareness of enhanced abilities prior to death. This helped to ease his mind a bit, then another question appeared in his mind. Brainstorm time.

Your idea makes more sense, Deta-san. If what you say is true, then how indeed was chakra forced through the connections, thus creating a burn out? If these people could not utilize such an increase in power, then perhaps a shinobi could. I get what you're saying. Ninjas actual had the training and tolerance for it. Hell, Kumo starts the students from age 8 if I'm not mistaken. As you said, the citizens might have had chakra within them, but they lacked the years of formal training and physical discipline. Could this incident…in fact…be intentional then?”, he asked as he knelt back down near the body.

He placed one body on the ground and prepared to look at another, all the while re-listening to the metaphor. “We agree that chakra is the life force in all things. Without it, we would die. Shinobis might have lived and thrived off such boost or ‘electric surge’ in chakra. If this is not a natural disaster, then it could be an intentional one. Three cities, perhaps they were all different testing sights; all with different results. Maybe the results were from different methods that were used. If so, then the question is no longer 'what', but 'who' did this? Marsh country? We are near their border and they did have a war several years back with Bear country along with those traitorous star ninjas. A weapon, machine, or jutsu used to boost their soldiers fighting capabilities and supply a prolonged state of heightened chakra warriors, maybe? Naw, I’m just grasping at straws now. Letting my imagination run wild yet again.”, he thought. First, a large swarm of kaikai insects going on a rampage and now a warped conspiracy theory regarding tatical warfare experiments from a neighboring country. When would it end with this guy, no really?

He turned to ask his comrades opinions on the matter, only to notice Shimete lying on the ground. A quick jump and Daisuke was right beside her calling back his path and clone from the hospital. “Oi, you okay?”, he asked prior to examining her body through his rinnegan. He noticed a small surge of chakra in her eyes. “What the?

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Deta listened to Daisuke's words, nodding in his isolation he waited for a moment of silence to voice his agreement. Yes, it would explain other things as well.

"Perhaps the incidents are linked. Although everyone here died including the young at the other sites it was the younger people who lived. Perhaps there was a reason determined over time which led the shinobi villag..." he was cut off, something was wrong with Shimete. The monster stood in the small house and the side of the building exploded. Rage which would only ever be capable of being matched by Akira Saito or Shinbatsu himself filled his features. The complete and utter loyalty and love for his village which filled Deta's body from Akira's personality. Within moment he was there as well, though there was no enemy to cut down.

Matsuka spoke with the ghost who shrugged. The last people to leave the village that I knew about were from Marsh country, but that is nothing out of the ordinary. They were part of that organization which has been advertising around the place. You know, the one which has been offering people more safety and all that stuff.

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[OOC: I'm wrapping up this part of the event.]

Deta headed back to the village and using the Byakugan he searched the buildings for anything suspicious. As he did so he came across something which wouldn't have been noticed.

A container was underneath the floorboards in one of the houses. As he searched more he found a couple more. The containers were unusual, and he didn't know exactly what they were, but they weren't something under all the houses. As he expanded hiss view to look down on the village he realized that they had been placed an equal distance apart. Very unusual.

Taking a couple the group would all return to Cloud. They had their samples and they had found more.

[Mission Complete - Success]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back