Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Testing the Will of Fire

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
-tap tap tap-

Kaen's footsteps barely audible upon making contact with the cold hard stone beneath him. Naturally his attentions were caught immediately by the sheer monstrous size of such a building. Outside the massive stone structure, he had inquired with some of the locals as to its purpose, they only laughed and told him it was their masterpiece. Without a proper answer he had no other choice than to enter the premises and see for himself just how "masterful" this place really was.

The air was damp in here, condensation forming large droplets on the walls and ceiling overhead. The occasional -bloop- could be heard echoing the seemingly endless maze of tunnels. It was dark in these catacomb like halls, he had to conjure up a small flame just to guide his way. It was strange really, for all the hustle and bustle outside the walls it was eerily vacant within. He would wander around aimlessly for some time before finally emerging inside the confines of the oval ring.

The light hit his eyes, causing him to squint. Had he really been down there that long? It must have, as the sun was no longer at high noon but already cresting the upper seating area in the giant building. The sun casted large shadows into the pit of sand the filled the inner most region of the coliseum, but not encompassing it entirely. Any later and they would need to turn on the lights. The sand inside was not like your normal desert sand, but stained heavy with age old blood and sweat, Kaen could smell it... The thick scent of iron and despair hung heavy, symbolizing the battles that must of been held here. It filled Kaen with excitement and curiosity, he wondered what it might be like to battle here with a crowd cheering him on... A rather strange feeling it must be to have battle such an acceptable way of life... he like the thought of that. Kaen would close his eyes and go through the motions in a mock fashion, idolizing himself as the hero of this ring, fighting to live, but living to fight. There could be no better feeling than the rush of battle.

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
It was true that the coliseum was one of the few tourist attractions within the expansive borough that was the Hidden Cloud. A long day of traveling from Port Cirrus to the village had sapped his comrades of their will to venture out on a tour, but Kaji was restless and refused to waste his evening sitting around another fireplace. Some locals at the inn where he left his comrades suggested that he visit their arena when he mistakenly asked them about worthwhile stops to make. Seeing the sword at his waist and the black pelted cloak he wore for warmth, they mistook him for being another spirited fighter. It was safe to say that that this was not what Kaji had in mind.

But as Kaji wandered along the long corridors of the Vespasian Colosseum, he did attempt to appreciate the hidden cloud’s unique take on architecture. It all seemed familiar to him as if he’d been here before. Perhaps in another lifetime, as this was surely his first time visiting the Cloud. And as he passed through the shadows of each rising pillar, he came to recognize the many resemblances this place had to his first home: the metropolis in the mountain known as Maruishi. He was incredibly far from that home now, seemingly a world away as he explored the mysteries of a new land.

Kaji was one with the shadows and embraced his innate abilities so naturally that he sometimes hid without trying, and stood high in the rafters, admiring his surroundings from the shade. But once he had his fill of the drab setting, he began to step down towards the ground level where he noticed another stranger who appeared to be seeing the sights, much like himself. “you don’t look like you’re from around here,” the sound of Kaji’s voice echoed throughout the hollow arena, easily reaching Kaen.

As if he merely teleported, Kaji vanished from his perch and stepped out of a shady entry tunnel on the field. He emerged in clear view, making a casual approach towards his unexpected company. “The locals have a strange idea of what makes a tourist attraction… the least they could have done was send me here on a fight-night.” Kaji stood across from Kaen, making the ideal image of a shinobi; a tower of strength within a modest commoner appearance. He wore simple apparel in earth-tone shades, and with his every step, the glow of the emerald seated in the pommel of his sword shined just a little brighter. The sword came in and out of view as Kaji’s cloak danced and fell again in the passing breeze. A speck of sunlight reflecting off of the silvery mithril pendant on his cloak foretold of his station as a shinobi of the Hidden Leaf. “I came here expecting to see a bit more than fifty-thousand empty seats... Call me unimpressed.”

WC485
- Kaji has come.
<i>
</i>

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tatsuo made his way up into one of the first seats in the stands, he had purchased a large bucket of popcorn and a matching sized drink to enjoy the upcoming fight. He may have been the only one in the crowd but that wouldn't stop him from cheering at the top of his lungs.

"LETS GO!!!!!!"

Would be heard shouted from the loud youth before the match even began, while he couldn't match the intensity of a cheering crowd he did try his best to make an inspiring environment for both of the fighters despite his obvious bias in wanting Kaji to win.

[Entered the thread, but removing myself from the post order to keep the rythym of the fight uniterrupted. I am purely a spectator and in no way can I engage in the fight.]

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
“you don’t look like you’re from around here,” A mysterious new voice echoed around the entirety of the complex. The stone walls and well... everything was pretty much made of some sort of stone, this fact made the echo bounce repeatedly before fading away. Kaen could not tell from where the voice had originated, but luckily for him the individual showed himself quickly enough. In a sudden, yet subtle, appearance, the man appeared from a shadowy doorway across the sands. “The locals have a strange idea of what makes a tourist attraction… the least they could have done was send me here on a fight-night.” Kaen's gaze locked with the newcomer's, a hidden and silent battle wages in these few moments, one sizing the other up, looking, prodding for weaknesses only to find none at first glance. Kaen thought it rude to ignore such bravado, and would reply swiftly. "I quite like their tastes, to be honest. The thrill of battle is a natural thing for mortal to seek. It makes them feel excitement and all giddy inside. Kaen himself could never turn down an offer to duel, it was against his very nature to deprive himself of such thrills.

Still the newcomer approached Kaen, ever vigilant in his approach. As if like metal to a magnet, Kaen's eyes caught sight of a beautifully designed weapon. He only caught it in glimpse as the man's cloak billowed in his footsteps. How curious that this man carried such a thing, surely he was no common citizen. Things were beginning to brighten up in this seemingly dull day. “I came here expecting to see a bit more than fifty-thousand empty seats... Call me unimpressed.” Kaen looked around at the rows upon rows of empty seats, not another soul to be seen... well except for that one kid, sitting waaaay over there. Almost as soon as Kaen's gaze crossed paths with the kid up in the stand, he stood up and began to shout; "LETS GO!!!!!!" Kaen chuckled, seems the kid wants a show, a shame that there wernt more to bare witness to the incredible show of skill that was about to unfold this evening... "Well... Maybe if we made enough noise, some of these seats might find themselves filled by the time we are done... Kaen did a small flip backwards to gain some distance before exploding into a flash of light and fire. In an instant the flames were doused and Kaen's entire appearance had changed. Kaen assumed a low stance and began to mutter something, his voice was slightly distorted due to the mask. The man could hear if he listened closely enough. "hear me, Mother Suna, bringer of salvation and providence. The enemy of my soul is hard-pressed to do me in. I ask that you give me the strength and ferocity to become victorious. Your love sustains me through this battle waged against my soul. Your love for me will never run dry or fail me. Thank you, Mother Suna! I lift my hands in praise and adoration for your great goodness, love, and glory..." His voice fell quiet for a moment before he raised his eyes to meet the other's. "You can call me Ruin, Shall we?" Kaen was ready, his body, soul and mind all in harmony, guided by the ever insightful wisdom of her glory.

[OOC, figure I'd let you get in another RP post and let you call for the B mod. I would like to request "Little Cover and Dim" for the modifiers, but its up to you in the end.]

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
No, Kaji typically wasn’t the type to pick a fight but he made occasional exceptions to the rule. In his time since arriving in Kumogakure, he had experienced a land much akin to the lawful and peaceful atmosphere he knew in Konoha. It goes without saying that he appreciated peace, but as a shinobi so accustomed to the ways of war, the occasional challenge did well to keep his skill in peak form. This evening was one of the occasions.

It was not a matter of fate that Kaji found this man, only coincidence- but he would do. And it appeared that he was just as prepared for a trial, if not more. In fact, choice language and behavior insisted that the stranger would amount to much more than a few rounds in the training yard. Your everyday shinobi doesn’t think of commoners as mortals. Kaji had encountered a warrior of ultra-rare quality, who quickly separated himself from the likes of the Cloud Shinobi he had met thus far. But just as Kaji’s intention for battle peaked, he heard a familiar voice penetrate the atmosphere. It appeared that Tatsuo was never far behind Kaji, and he emerged as the first spectator of sorts, or witness, more appropriately.

Ready for battle, the man Kaji would soon know to be Kaen spoke a witticism that they might draw a crowd, and Kaji was sure he was right the moment Kaen performed his fiery transformation into some edgy combat apparel. The comparison was polarizing once the wave of flames revealed his intimidating new form. “That’s a neat trick,” Kaji admitted with a hint of intrigue in his voice. But then the hunter’s eyes narrow and he created a scowl as his new opponent began some kind of ritual. “Mother Suna,” Kaji mouthed the words in silence as he analyzed Kaen’s prayers, and concluded the origin of his opponent. It had been a very long time since he faced a Sunan in combat… this was going to be interesting.

“Ruin” Kaji echoed the alias back to him, letting the word finish resonating through the crisp air. “Know that you fight a shinobi of the Leaf… for honor, and for glory. Okada Kaji.” He entered his first stance, tracing his left foot around in the dust in a c-shaped movement. A small plume of dust followed his heel, only to fade swiftly in a chilling breeze. Kaji settled his hand along the scabbard of Eelspine, awakening the blade’s thirst for honor in battle. The time had come, and Kaji would not sell himself short. “I beg of you... don’t hold back. I promise you’ll regret it.”

- Calling Bmod.
<i></i>

Shouyu Hoshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hoshi caught word of a fight at the coliseum. Today he successfully broke out of that lame hospital and was hightailing it down to the arena. He easily adapted to the wheels and how to turn and steer by turning in his wheels in certain directions. He was half as nimble on wheels than on his feet, but it sufficed. From all the cheering it sounded like it was just starting and the boy was breaking a sweat trying to arrive.

He reached the gates, leaned back into his seat, pushed down on his wheels causing his body get air from his chair, and then he pulled the chair with him, bunny hopping the entranced gate instead of paying, the guards yelled.

"Sorry, pay ya back later! I've been saving for something special!"

He carted off in a dash. He was carting to Tatsuo who was in the front row and wheeled right beside him.

"Yo! Tatsuo! Hey, is that Kaji Sensei?!"

He looked in the arena saw the familiar face and another he had never seen in the village in all of his three years in Kumo, whoever it was looked strong, and this one looked like a good match! Shouyu put the brake on his wheel chair and reclined with a screw face grin.

[Topic Entered]

Seijin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Round 1

Kaji
HP: 38,556 - 1,174 = 37,382
CP: 34,680 - 4,400 = 30,280
AP: 10 - 9.5 = 10.5
Equipped:: Eelspine

VS

Kaen
HP: 44,000 - 1,289 = 42,711
CP: 32,400 - 5,647 = 26,753
AP: 10 - 9.5 = 10.5
Status: Activated Curse Seal | Dueling Kaji | Smoke Cloud | Ingested Blood of Kaji
Equipped:: Suna’s Wrath

Round Actions:
0s~Kaen activates Duelist on Kaji!
0s~Kaen activates his curse seal!

.5s~Kaji throws down a smoke bomb!
-Kaen is caught in the smoke and begins to choke!
-Kaji is also caught in the smoke and begins to choke!

2s~Kaen barely makes out Kaji and begins to stare at him!
-Kaen finds that nothing happens so he tries to stare again and nothing happens yet still.

2.5s~Kaji dons his camo!

2.5s~Kaen draws a weapon!

3.5s~Kaji enters stealth!
-Kaen can’t see Kaji!

4s~Kaji does something.

4.5s~Kaji does more stuff.

5.25s~Kaen lashes out in the smoke cover only to hit the air!
-Kaen couldn’t find a target!

7.25s~Kaji strikes from the shadows with a sneak attack! (Partial Hit)
-Kaji stays in stealth!

7.5s~Kaen strikes out into the smoke once more! (Hit/Hit [Bleeding]/Miss/Hit/Hit/Miss/Miss/Miss/Miss/Partial hit)
-Kaji is now at Rank 1 Bleeding!
-Kaji is no longer in stealth!

8.5s~Kaen Ingest the blood of Kaji!

9.5s~Kaji tries to Execute Kaen! (Miss)
-Kaji tries to re-enter stealth but Kaen is watching him! (Fail)

Round Note(s):
-72 hours until your actions are due!
-Let me know if you see any mistakes! (A detailed PM via Discord is the fastest way to reach me)

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Words of intent had been spoken, his sights were dialed in on the offering, he would not escape... In an instant the battle had begun, with a flash and a bang the area was enveloped in a cloud of smoke. Kaen chuckled out loud, this shinobi would prove quite interesting. But he acted too soon, as the smoke easily infiltrated his lungs causing a slight coughing fit. It mattered not, however. Mere smoke would not be enough to curb the insatiable thirst for his blood! The smoke was thick, thicker than he anticipated it seemed. His deadly gaze attempted to pierce the opaque veil of smoke only for it to remain fruitless. "Very well, Kaji, let's play hide and seek then..."

With a lightly audible rattle, chains could be heard within the cloud of smoke clanking to the ground below. Kaen had drawn forth his weapon, "Suna's Wrath". An instrument of bloody war and death, a gift from the Mother herself... Forged in the fires of his soul, imparted with the malevolent essences of her will, it had only one purpose... Kaen cared not that he could not see Kaji, in time all things come to pass. He whipped his deadly chained kunai through the air, only to come up empty handed. A strike from the smoke glances his armor, he felt it a little. "Tch" He was a crafty one, this Kaji. His trickery and shadow tactics will only make his fall that much sweeter. "The bell tolls, Kaji..." Kaen began to spin his kunair around in the air as he casually paced back and forth. There... He found his mark, he could smell his blood, it was sweet with fear! "The bell tolls for THEE!"

Kaen sent a flurry of zipping and slashing strikes into the shadows, he could feel the attacks connecting every so often. Like magic his chains retracted and once more his kunai was in his grasp, wet with the liquid of victory. By now, seeing that he was so invested in the battle, he had forgotten to keep his origins in check. The temperature around him rose incredibly high, his clothes even beginning to show signs of wear and damage as an aura of heat and flame became visible with Kaen in its epicenter. This was no magic power designs to inflict pain, but just his natural manifestation of his raw, unkempt prowess that hinted as to his heritage. Kaen removed the lower portion of his mask and grinned devilishly at the now visible Kaji. "Your offering is accepted..." And with that he licked the blade clean of all traces of his blood. A burst of flames erupted around Kaen, his previously activated seal and now the ingestion of his blood activated a significant change within him. His appearance grew ever more sinister and fearsome. There was no escape now...

[Sending Actions, MFT]

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
And so, they would have their battle.

Kaji’s opponent surged with ill-will, invoking the first signs of the dark arts which were so essential to his power. Kaen was a dangerous sort, and had no intentions of selling himself short or falling short in this performance; for him, victory was his only path. However, Suna’s Servant was set to face his strategic anti-thesis in Kaji, who molded his reputation through a mastery of shadows.

But firstly, Kaji revealed a tightly bound pellet no larger than a marble. His toss nearly went unseen and exploded in a plume a darkness which swallowed both fighters. The swell of pitch-black dust dyed the wind and shrouded Kaji in his natural element. Where Kaji went unseen, Kaen was exposed to Kaji’s well-trained eyes, attuned to sight, even on the most starless nights. Weaving a short combination of hand signs, Kaji covered himself in a deception shroud, seemingly bending light until he vanished from sight in a veil of chakra. His sleek form cut through the billowing smoke, stealthily weaving about with deceptive mastery as he unleashed the mighty Eelspine from its sheath. His blade hungered to taste the latest foe and would see no difference between Kaen and the many fiends Kaji cut down before him. No matter the odds, Eelspine did not care.

Kaji sliced Kaen a first time if only to test his resilience and the worth of his armor, which was lacking. The mithril blade was singing as Kaji swung it so effortlessly. Almost taking him by surprise, Kaen revealed his own means of attack, and nicked Kaji in return with a kunai and chain which passed against his guarding arm, and then across his hip on the opposite side. These minor stings meant little to him, and each served to raise Kaji’s expectations.

The Sunan fiend was washed in flames then, and a sinister statement cued his excitement as he considered their exchange as something of an offering from Kaji. “Don’t get too excited,” the trailing sound of Kaji’s voice came from all angles, only for him to appear briefly with Eelspine raised to a forward stance. The enchantment in his blade’s pommel shined in a heavenly glow, lit emeraldine and vivid. The chakra emanating from the weapon made a purring sound as it engulfed the blade. “I have something much more substantial than blood to offer… How would you like a taste of my blade’s edge next?” Kaji had no intention of escaping this fray; no, he would follow Kaen down into his worsening madness and use the Light of Eelspine to guide him through to the other side.

//Sending Actions//
<i></i>

Seijin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Round 2

Kaji
HP: 37,382
CP: 30,280-2,426=27,854
AP: 10.5-8.5=11

VS

Kaen
HP: 42,711-8,392=34,319
CP: 26,753-4,581=22,172
AP: 10.5-9=11
Status: Activated Curse Seal | Dueling Kaji | Smoke Cloud | Ingested Blood of Kaji | Fire Style | Sprained Arm | Active Camo
Equipped:: Suna’s Temperament

Specter Shade
HP: 5,760
CP: 5,760
AP: 2.62

Abysmal Harbinger
HP: 12,540
AP: 4-1=4

Round Actions:
0s~Kaen enters stealth!
0s~Kaen does something.

.952s~Kaji tries to enter stealth but is seen!(Fail)

1.42s~Kaen does something.

1.9s~Kaji uses his nimble hands to do something!(Hit)
-Kaen no longer in stealth.
-Kaji can’t retreat back to stealth.

2.84s~Kaen creates a heat wave!

3.32s~Kaji heals his wound.
-No longer bleeding!

4.03s~Kaji strikes out at Kaen!(Miss)

4.26s~Kaen creates a shadow friend!
-Kaji is aware of which is the real Kaen!

6.64s~Kaji fires off a Terra Firma Shot at Kaen!(Critical)
-Kaen’s arm is sprained!

6.64s~Kaen summons an Abysmal Harbinger!

7.11s~Kaji enters a defensive stance!

7.11s~Kaen drops his weapon.

7.59s~Kaen goes into a Fire Style!
-3 Targets for Kaen. Kaji, Specter Shade and Abysmal Harbinger. (Miss, Hit, Hit)
-3 Targets for Specter Shade. Kaji, Kaen and Abysmal Harbinger. (Miss,Miss,Miss)
-3 Targets for Abysmal Harbinger. Kaji, Kaen and Specter Shade. (Miss,Miss,Miss)
-Kaen, Specter Shade and Abysmal Harbinger have not done any Fire “Attacks” and thus the damage is 0 and the backlash is for 0.

9.14s~Abysmal Harbinger attacks Kaji with a strike!(Miss)
-Kaen takes backlash.

Round Note(s):
-Neither of you are in stealth as of the end of the mod.
-There was a roll off for who would go first in instances of time stamp matches. Kaji won both rolls offs between 1-100 odds v evens.
-Fixed Abysmal Harbinger numbers and the Fire Style auto attack.
-Let me know if you see any mistakes! (A detailed PM via Discord is the fastest way to reach me)

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Mother Suna’s vassal dashed forth, becoming a torrential body of flames before vanishing from sight, as his light quickly vanished in an act of deception. It was Kaen’s own brand of stealth, so astonishing that Kaji had to admire his style. But as Kaen engaged in his deception so did Kaji, who remained vigilant on his stance, but expertly weaved a combination of hand seals with his free hand. Kaji did not need his sight then and continued to follow his foe by sensing his dangerous intent alone. “Oh, you think darkness is your ally. But you merely adopted the dark; I was born in it, molded by it; it's inside my D.N.A. As Kaji spoke, a sweltering heat uncommon to the region suddenly swept over the arena, serving as a warning of the Kaen’s dealings from the shadows.

“I didn't see the light until I was already a man... by then it was nothing to me but blinding!” Kaji was speaking aloud then, though he knew exactly to whom and where he was directing his words. Amidst their constant shuffling, and Kaji’s Bane quotes, Kaji placed his nimble empty hand against the gashes created by his foe, and traces of his emeraldine chakra sewed up his wounds enough to prevent further bleeding. After all, Kaji didn’t want to ruin his garments with the sanguine substance, as he still had plans for later that evening.

A black amalgamation then began to rise from the earth, insisting that Kaen was more than a pretender when it came to the shadow arts, but Kaji’s prowess placed him above Kaen’s attempt at deception. “The shadows betray you, because they belong to me!” Kaji set forth, using his speed to close a gap between him and his foe, and unleashed hard-hitting blow with Eelspine that emanated a trail of verdant energy, and stressed the strands of muscle that kept his opponent's unguarded side intact. And it seemed that the blow aggravated Kaen into a flurry action. He sent forth yet another fiendish creation to pursue Kaji, but this second creature could not best The Hunter’s defensive footwork. From the corner of his sight, Kaji noticed how Kaen cringed when his fiend failed to strike Kaji; and Kaji knew, such was the price for making sinful pacts. “The will of Mother Suna has led you astray; and leads you further to ruin,” Kaji warned.

// WC: 410 //
// Sending Actions //
<i>
</i>

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
What is fire but a source of light. When one learns to control that light, much as Kaen has learned to, wondrous things can begin to happen. Yes one could shape that light, the furious flames can be stoked to new heights of heat, threatening to erase anything its light touches. But time, practice and maybe some help from an age old Ancient, you can tame that light to serve another purpose other than pain. This was his secret curse, a malevolent aura that engulfed his body to bend the light around him and shield him from sight. Granted not everything is perfect and often requires supplementation. Fortunately Kaen was somewhat trained with such manifestations of ability and would cast a shroud of pulsating energy around him that would aid in his attempted deception. This Kaji of the Leaf made some bold proclamations of his status within the confines of darkness. He may have been born in it, molded by it even, but Kaen was it's master! It bent to his will to serve his greater purpose in life. This would indeed be a true tug of war to see who commands the darkness with greater force.

Kaen would then release the floodgates that held back his oppressive heat from within. The furnace of his soul was burning red hot with anticipation and excitement, this Kaji has already proven himself to be most interesting. Even landing a very painful, but enjoyable blow. With the summoning of two shadowy forms and a fiery demon, Kaji's fate had already been sealed. What could one man do against the forces of Kaen's might? Kaen watches as Kaji adjusted his footing, obviously preparing for Kaen's next assault. He was wise to do so, even a nick of his flames might spell certain doom. He retracted his chains out of sight and wreathed his fists in his unholy chakra. His flames were his life, his weapon, his salvation. With these he would annihilate his foe and reap his soul within! By now Kaen's chakra was pulsating outwards in a seemingly uncontrolled fashion as the flames washed over his newly summoned allies. But he was in command of it all, flame was his servant, shadows his slave. Kaen was the master... His goal? Enrolling this Kaji into the subservient role along side fire and darkness.

[OOC sending actions, Wanted to RP more, but I really just didn't have the time, im sorry]

Shouyu Hoshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shouyu watched as the fight began to commence! He noticed something familiar from the Suna warrior, strange markings and transformation with a dark energy. He recognized this from Osu one day in class. Before he could assess anything further, a shroud of smoke clouded both of the Shinobi where a lot of action was still happening. Shouyu activated his Byakugan, the veins invading his hues. He could see a dim chakra light from both. It appeared Kaji veiled himself in darkness and the Suna Shinobi was striking blindly, the sounds of weapon clattering.

Shouyu could see that Shinobi struck Kaji a few times, revealing him from the shadows, though the smoke was still thick. He took note of the Suna Shinobi ingesting Kaji's blood, but for what?

"This is already getting interesting from the jump! Whoa!".

Right after he said that, he could see the smoke cloud clear for a split second, seeing the colorful aura of the eelspine slice air. The move was too quick for his eyes to follow but it seemed like a missed attempt.

Shouyu wheeled himself into a better position, he slightly distanced himself from Tatsuo doing so. He was leaning into he fight, he saw a bright light and then the Suna ninja vanishing like how? Kaji performed some clever moves that he would, "Ooooooohhhh," at occasionally. The Suna ninja was struck and revealed, while Kaji healed his wound and sealed it. Quick to heal himself in the fray.

More actions he missed, not being able to keep up with the tempo of the older and seasoned Shinobi. But he could see a dark creation rising from the ground, and another even more menacing than the first. He gripped his wheels tightly, anxious in anticipation of Kaji's next move. Though he proved to be quite elusive, he cheered for both Shinobi.

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tatsuo watched the fight as well, he was taken back by the corruption that seemed to spread on Kaen after he activated his Curse mark. Unlike Hoshi he had never experienced one before and it almost seemed disgusting to him. To be honest, the whole mans persona set him back a little bit. While the Land of Fire had her own religion, aptly named the Will of Fire, he had never met a fanatic of the faith. It was common to find older people who were more set in old traditions that didn't make sense for the youth of the village but carried on anyway out of respect, but this type of worship disgusted Tatsuo. He was too young and too immature to understand why but it seemed like the antithesis of worship.

As the fight continued to rage on, Tatsuo began to worry for his sensei. It's not that he felt that Kaji was a bad fighter or anything of the like, but once the smoke screen was applied, Tatsuo's worry continued to grow. Who knew what type of things such a person would be capable of. Tatsuo had never truly met anyone he would consider evil but this man truly made him feel sick. However, a growing pride for not only his country, but his sensei drummed up from inside of him. If there was anyone he trusted to be fighting out there, it was Kaji. Soon after the appearance of the smoke screen he began to barrage Hoshi with questions as Tatsuo lacked the inherent gift which Hoshi's eyes provided. As Hoshi rolled down the stadium to get a better look, Tatsuo did himself. He really was paying close attention to this battle. As he noticed the large pyro behemoth appeared, Tatsuo tensed up again, he wondered what Kaji would have to answer to such a beast.

WC: 310

Seijin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Round 3

Kaji
HP: 37,382-4,538=32,844
CP: 27,854-6,790=21,064
AP: 11-10.25=11
Status: Active Camo | Smoke Cloud | Defensive Stance | ? | Bleed (Rank 1)

Teichou
HP: 42,000
CP: 20,000-625=19,375
AP: 6-3.25=6
Equipped:: Scimitar no Tokage

VS

Kaen
HP: 34,319+648+523(corrected backlash damage from last round)-7,151=28,339
CP: 22,172 = 21,000-10,374+840=11,460
AP: 11-10=11
Status: Activated Curse Seal | Dueling Kaji | Smoke Cloud | Ingested Blood of Kaji | Fire Style | Sprained Arm | Active Camo | Heatwave | Mantle of Fire | Bleed (Rank 1) | Divine Judgement | ? |
Equipped:: Suna’s Temperament

Specter Shade
HP: 5,760-4,515=1,245
CP: 5,760-360=5,400
AP: 2.62-2=2.62

Abysmal Harbinger
HP: 12,540-4,515=8,025
AP: 4-4=4

Round Actions:
0s~Kaji and Kaen both maintain their maintains.
0s~Kaen Enters Stealth!

.9s~Kaji attempts to hide but Kaen scopes him out with ease.
0s~Kaji drops his weapon!

2.5s~Abysmal Harbinger attempts to strike Kaji! (Miss)

2.72s~Kaen cloaks himself in fire!

4.99s~Kaji summons Teichou!

5s~Abysmal Harbinger attempts to strike Kaji! (Miss)

5.44s~Kaji picks his weapon back up.
0s~ Kaji exits his defensive stance.

5.45s~Kaen creates a circle of Divine Judgement around him!

5.82s~Teichou enters his style!

6.34s~Kaji prepares himself.

6.79s~Kaji enters his defensive stance.

7.5s~ Abysmal Harbinger attempts to strike Kaji! (Miss)
-Kaji manages to find Kaen in the shadows! (Kaji is aware of Kaen)
-Kaji deflects the attack back at Kaen! (Hit)
-Kaen is hit with backlash! *A_H was created through Fireblast*
-Kaen attempts to share damage! (Unsuccessful)
0s~Kaji rolls into a follow up and then attempts a strike at Kaen! (Hit)
-Kaen begins to bleed! (R1)
-Kaen attempts to share damage! (Successful)
-Kaji also begins to bleed too (R1)
-Kaen scurries back to the shadows! (Stealthed)
-Kaen is aware of Kaji’s whereabouts!
-Kaji is unaware of Kaen is.
-Teichou is not fooled and knows where Kaen is.

7.63s~Spector Shade does something! (Miss)

9.08s~Kaen does something!
-Teichou sees that Kaen has transformed into (In)Spector Shade!
-Teichou is not fooled by clones!

9.08s~ Abysmal Harbinger attempts to strike Kaji! (Miss)

9.57s~Teichou spins around in a furry and attacks the Spector Shade and Abysmal Harbinger! (Hit)

Round Note(s):
-Fixed Kaen’s HP from backlash that shouldn’t have been applied last round.
-Teichou can see through clones and in this particular case was able to see through Kaen's stealth attempt. Please keep in mind that Kaji and Teichou do not share a link like clones and creations do with their creators. Thus, Teichou is very aware of Kaen but Kaji is still left in the dark (pun intended).

EDIT: Fixed Teichou's actions due to me not reading his auto-equip ability.

Yaku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sara stuck to the rafters, high above the stadium grounds, beyond where the light of the sky, Kaen or otherwise could reach. To her, she saw everything as if she were standing alongside the spectators, the combatants in the ring themselves. It was the perfect view for the young kunoichi as she saw everything simultaneously. The young boy Hoshi in the wheel chair fidgeting with excitement, her should be student, that she hadn't really spoken to much, with seeming worried for the leaf shinobi Kaji on the grounds of the stadium with his opponent that she gathered was from the Wind Country. Even the goofy spectator that had tossed what appeared to be a rock at Kaji.

It was a Good thing that she was there. Sara was fairly against this sporting combat happening, but at least it wasn't of a local. Son reflection, she didn't much like the match that happened in Iwagakure back when, though it was interesting, the idea never sat right long term. But, here she was, lending her "support" as it were. And given the current case, hoping Kaji would prevail.

The fight almost seemed to be one sided at the moment. A battle of deception and dodging was the game afoot, and it seemed Kaji was winning thus far. His opponent was expelling massive amounts of chakra, damaging his chakra system in fact. She was surprised at how well Kaji was dodging, though something seemed...off. This man, she could see that somehow he had connected himself to Kaji, through what means she wasn't sure and to what end hadn't come to her until she saw it. Kaji had made a strike on the guy drawing blood, and simultaneously, through no act of his, Kaji received an injury of the same kind, in the same location. What was worse, the Sunagakure shinobi was a little better at hiding then Kaji, seemingly being found every time he tried. Or at least she felt like he was trying. Even he was an easy target for her to find from way up here, and aided with some help of a technique or two. He was not being very "ninja" down there as the kids liked to say.

Either case, the match would never get to the point where either of them would be completely "out". If Sara needed to, she would jump down there and play interference keeping both of them alive.

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Every warrior, from the lowest foot soldier to aged commanders turned philosophers, know the adage “there is power in numbers.” It is a thesis that has been tested by time, and a determining factor that has put an end to countless wars in the history of the realm. And now, with a strength of numbers working against his favor, Kaji was weaving about the arena floor, defending against the tireless pressing attack of Kaen’s fiend. The unearthly fiend was known as an abysmal harbinger: a denizen of the lower planes. It towered over Kaji with a bulky, blood-red form and shredded muscular structure. Fiery wings pushed it forth, desperately keeping the Harbinger within striking range of The Hunter. It made constant attempts at cleaving through Kaji with a long vorpal sword that emanated lightning, and in the other hand, it wielded a fiery whip for when Kaji attempted to escape his grasp. But, again and again, Kaji evaded the fiend with timely movements, unable to parry the fiend’s blade without receiving an excruciating jolt of voltage.

“What kind of pact does he have with you fiend?” Kaji questioned the harbinger, but to no avail, as this one held a singular focus; kill, kill, kill. Somehow, the Vassal of Mother Suna had enslaved this Harbinger, this demon lord to do his bidding without question. The darkness of Kaen was different from the shadows commanded by Kaji, and he knew no bounds… but such power never came without a cost.

With the opponent free from their entanglement of slicing and weaving, Kaji knew his chances of escaping alive were slipping as continued to defend against just the Harbinger, as his real target, the summoner, continued invoking more evil enchantments from afar. “Time to up the ante,” Kaji thought decisively. He then somersaulted backward, drawing in an impaling strike from the Harbinger, only for the fiend to miss wide left and plant his blade into the arena wall. Kaji bounced off that wall and grabbed the Harbinger by its horns before skipping over and past it. “That should buy me a few seconds” Kaji knew. He landed behind the demon in a twelve-foot drop and rolled back to his feet in one agile act.

His olive eyes scanned about in each direction while his legs put space he could muster between himself and the opposition. Kaji nearly tore the sleeve off his arm when he revealed an elaborate tattoo inked into the entirety of his left forearm, above rippled muscle that almost pulsated from the rush of battle. Kaji gripped Eelspine’s blade from the flat side in his teeth and began a five mudra set of hand seals after coating the tattoo with spots of his own blood. “Come to me, Teichou!” By the time the Harbinger broke his sword free, and Kaen completed his latest spells, there was an earth-shaking burst, and a plume of interplanar steam swept the battlefield… Kaen and his fiends would be daunted to face the likes of Teichou; a mighty warrior among the goodly Lizard Clan of the Hidden Oasis.

But none of this mattered to the Harbinger, who was quickly upon Kaji again and barreled down upon him with his vorpal blade, only to be challenged by a rushing counter from within the steam that sent the fiend barrel rolling into the dust. Kaji found his confidence renewed when Teichou’s massive tail curved past him. The same mighty appendage then banished the entire plume of steam with another wide sweep, revealing the gargantuan reptile in his full form. “I hope you did not summon me just to swat flies for you” the king-sized reptile bantered, seeming to never be daunted in the presence of an enemy. “Oh, well of course not” Kaji answered once he clasped Eelspine by hand again. “I need you to handle the Harbinger and his shadow fiend, and I’ll take care of the summoner; Mano a mano,” Kaji revealed a hint of his native Maruishan tongue before dashing forth with Teichou in his steed, running on all fours.

The Harbinger closed in upon them once more, easily shaking off his previous swatting as nothing but an embarrassment. The enslaved demon remained focused on Kaji, but Teichou intervened again, this time using a swing from his huge blade; a scimitar thrice the size of Kaji’s Eelspine, and crossed the Harbinger’s vorpal blade with a timely parry. To the massive lizard, the blade’s pulsating voltage merely stung. “Yer’ done messing with my boy; yer’ fight’s with ME now!” The Harbinger attempted to show him the folly in his claim by unleashing a burst of flames from his maw, but a countering burst of chakra fired in a roar from the great lizard deflected the attack at Kaen!

And through the smoke smoldering from the results of the blast, Kaji emerged, and Eelspine sang out with a verdant arc of vibrant chakra, which crashed into Kaen to deal decisive damage. Kaji felt a sudden tear across his own abdomen, and an influx of pain as if he had delivered the blow to himself. He wisely jumped backward, and Kaen had done the same before attempting to evade sight once more. “That bastard,” Kaji grunted, realizing with certainty that Kaen had in fact, placed a Jashin curse upon him. “Mother Suna… hmph! I know a worshipper of Jashin when I see one. You’re not the first, and you sure won’t be the last.”

// WC907
Unapologetically long.
Sending Actions //
<i></i>

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
In the background, from the otherworldly shadows, Kaen continued to burn away his precious chakra. His hands furiously forming signs left and right trying to keep up with this nimble foe. So focused in fact that he didn't pay any attention to what the his harbinger was doing or saying. Just when you thought that there couldn't possibly be any more flames to spew, he would yet again surprise them as a seemingly unending font of vivaciously licking flames poured out from every orifice as Kaen let out a audible roar. The frightful bellowing threatened to shake the very foundation of the arena as his hellfire inferno exploded from within. As his harbinger did battle, Kaen prepared his next trick...

Meanwhile with the harbinger...

“What kind of pact does he have with you fiend?” As if by surprise the demon spoke in clear concise words, understandable by all. "A mere mortal such as yourself couldn't even begin to comprehend the bonds that shackle me to my keeper, URRRAAGGGH!" The fiery red demon swung hard and pierced the side wall, causing a shock wave into the stands. The harbinger struggled to withdraw the ominous glowing blade from the firm, hard wall. "Just stay still and let us consume your soul, it will be easier that way!" Just as the harbinger released the blade from its seated place in the wall, a large plume of magical smoke filled the arena. "It matters not who or what you bring to challenge me, this reptile may best me... but I WILL claim my prize, even should I fall, you will follow!" The harbinger charged once more into the fray, but was surprised as a massive tail easily swiped him to the sidelines. The harbinger let out a deep fiery bellow and regained his footing. “Yer’ done messing with my boy; yer’ fight’s with ME now!” The massive reptile challenged the fiend directly. But the harbinger had his malicious orders that he must follow. The reptile would have to be ignored for now, even if the massive lizard crossed blades to protect his summoner. A loud twang reverberated off the stone structure as their weapons clashed in a wondrous show of force. "You can't protect the mortal forever... I will get to him, even if I have to go through you, HUURRAAAAGH!" And so the battle intensified, Kaji was safe for now so long as his reptilian partner in arms was there to cross blades with the harbinger of doom.

From the shadows...

"Blood for blood, the Mother of Suna giveth unto me the powers that be. With my blood which has tasted thine own, hence forth a forging of souls shall be. The darkness that shrouds your soul has been revealed to me and so shall my suffering become yours. The scales of balance has been paid a blood oath, the suffering of mutuality is nigh. With this rite I summon forth your eternal soul, the bell tolls for thee..." In the darkness and shadowy depths of Kaen's malicious and fiend like flames, a cursed verse was spoken. Like magic a black entropy of markings spewed forth from the epicenter that was Kaen and formed into a seal that would in turn seal Kaji's fate. Kaji struck true and feirce, but the process had already been completed. Kaen's suffering became Kaji's as well. The sting of his marvelous blade rung true upon his writhing flesh, but so too would Kaji feel the bite of Eelspine's might. “Mother Suna… hmph! I know a worshipper of Jashin when I see one. You’re not the first, and you sure won’t be the last.” Like a whisper in the wind, Kaen spoke through the shadows to creep his words in Kaji's ears. "I know not of this Lord Jashin, but even he pales in comparison to the glorious splendor that is Mother Suna. Come now, fall to your knees and ask for forgiveness and devote yourself to her teachings, maybe then I will spare your accursed soul..."

[Actions Sent, MFT]

Shouyu Hoshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
This harbinger of fury and ominous death towered over the stadium. It struck no fear in the young Genin's heart but caused his eye to twitch in reflex, he was awestruck. Such a beast could be summoned by a mere man?! Shouyu couldn't fathom the abilities of both ninja. His eyes caught sight of the harbinger swinging a blade coming toward him and Tatsuo. Shouyu wheeled back, and made a get away snatching up Tatsuo if he didn't react in time himself.

Shouyu would have crashed out of his wheel chair, picking himself up to lean against the wall before his seating. He was heaving deep breaths, that was a close call. Kaji seemed to have dodged it as well, but now had his palm to the ground and summoned a rather large animal himself, a scimitar wielding lizard who spoke boldly.

The Suna ninja shrouded himself in the darkness of flames and began to mumble something that wasn't completely audible to Shouyu. He was really visible either, Hoshi was quite confused and clicked his teeth. The beasts battled, rattling the stadium as it suffered massive damage from the on going fight. The Suna ninja finished something and revealed himself where Kaji struck true. Shouyu almost jumped seeing that Jashin was also wounded. This baffled the young ninja as to how that could physically be possible. The back and forth banter between them only made things more heated, and Shouyu watched in suspense.

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tatsuo had been on the edge of his seat this whole time, the moment the harbringer went to strike Hoshi and Tatsuo he had already begun to prepare a defense. However while he was mid forming hand signs Hoshi had moved him out of the way, however Tatsuo had already formed the necessary hand seals and quickly both of them were surrounded in a full casing of wood, with a small slot to give them vision of any more incoming attacks. He would look to Hoshi, nodding his head. "Nice save." he would say as he continued to hold his hand sign, maintaining the small barrier of wood around them. "It's not much, I guess but it saved us from the debris." he would say motioning his head to the plethora of upturned stone and cement that had crashed into their small barrier, leaving large dents into the wood. "Do you think that was intentional? Doesn't he know we're only spectators?" he would say, not really expecting any answers. This fanatic was the epitome of evil to Tatsuo, he expected nothing less from such a foul being. He gulped hoping that Kaji would be okay out there. This man seemed to have disgusting abilities but Kaji was no lightweight and the summoning of the great lizard nearly blew Tatsuo out of his seat. Such raw power, he wasn't aware just how powerful two ninja could be.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back