Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

The Impromptu Battle [Req. Hon]

Akimitsu Doi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
A break? Doi raised an eyebrow at Hon’s statement and slightly relaxed. He slowly stood up from his crouched position and carefully watched his opponents antics. Hon rubbed his stomach in a gesture that was widely understood by many - it was that of hunger.

Doi could understand the effects an empty stomach would have on one’s physical performance despite not being very hungry himself. Though, he did now slightly crave some udon noodles. He’d had himself an amazing bowl of the stuff down in the Susukino district the other day... Safe to say he dreamt of noodles that night.

Sharply turning his focus back to his opponent, Doi spotted Hon rapidly approaching his position. The rules they’d made at the start of the spar put some restrictions on what the white-haired teen could do. Most of his jutsu were dangerous — if not lethal — and weren’t exactly spar material, thus leading to a long and drawn out battle. It wasn't much fun, frankly. Not even to someone like Doi, who's entire arsenal consisted of ninjutsu techniques. No longer wanting to continue playing this game of cat and mouse, he would once again cloak himself in his Storm Mail armor and run back at his opponent.

Soreness would be a side effect of using the chakra cloak like jutsu multiple times — due to the strain it put on one's body — but Doi wanted to at least enjoy himself for the remainder of the spar. Whether or not he lost did not matter at this point.

WC:258

Honnou

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Casually running towards Doi, Hon imagined what sort of meal that he should order, otherwise. If miso or ramen was out of the menu… maybe a steak? Rice bowl with chicken? Some KFC? He’d gladly claim some discount on KFC, since he helped making it big here in Kumogakure. As one of his main missions as a Genin back in the days, frying chickens were his specialty- why was Doi cloaked in Storm Mail?

Wait, wait-

The next moment was a pure, impulsive clash between two Chuunins as classic as it could be - with the exception that Hon wasn’t expecting such a thing nor prepared for it. Taken by surprise, he simply bounced off of Doi’s Storm Mail in a cartoonish way, flying right to the side of the arena wall with a harsh impact. He almost flattened out comedically, his face planting the granite roughly and passionately.

“O-Ouch… I-I meant a break n-n-n-n-now…”

On the good note, his Hakumei didn't blink out in some dysfunctional way. Even at the bottom of the battle - preferably called 'defeat' - his blue eyes were still active. It was such a weird phenomenon, being able to see everything around you 24/7... and the more that he was aware of its usage, the more it unfold itself. The Hyuuga lad would have to cope with it for now, though, before he could unveil more of these Byakugan eyes' secrets... and that would probably take a lifetime...

Akimitsu Doi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Had Doi won the battle? He didn't feel like he had. The manner in which Honnou was catapulted towards the adjacent arena wall was nothing short of comical, yet it did feel like it'd been a really cheap shot. Had Doi really misinterpreted Hon's action as sign of aggression? His immediate response to the situation was a simple 'Oops'.

The young Chuunin shinobi slightly grimaced as he noted the Hon shaped indention that now remained on said wall. 'So much for causing minimal damage to the arena...' He turned his Storm Mail off and sprinted over to his opponents fallen form and offered the dazed boy a hand, pulling him up if he were to accept the help.

"Sorry, I thought you were running in for an attack." Hon still had his 'blue byakugan thing' turned on. "Your eye thing is still on by the way. Besides that, I can think of a couple of good places to grab some lunch if you're still up for it."

Honnou

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Running in for an attack? He was just strolling over to him with no hostile intent, how did Doi assume him to attack?! It was such a comical misunderstanding, and for that Hon would let it slide as Doi genuinely made a mistake. Please, despite having the White All-Seeing Eye itself, Hon often caught himself seeing things in the wrong light… oh, coincidentally, Doi mentioned his eyes still activated.

It was true that Hon had issues concerning his all-seeing eyes. Ever since they malfunctioned in a spar with Suika, his Byakugan greatly stood out from the rest through its lack of veins on his face and its shining appearance. It was a rough time to close down on occasion, too… he had to rely on those eyes from childhood, and using other methods when they wouldn’t work pushed him through a whole new life of a shinobi. However, no matter how much effort he put into utilizing other skills and styles, his Hyuuga heritage was glued onto him from birth and would never leave him… and he didn’t even hate it that much.

Rather than an inevitable fate, he saw it as a generous gift.

“Oh, is that… hehehe,” Hon let out in relief and pleasant joy, “My Byakugan… it must’ve concluded its transformation.” Releasing himself by the help of Doi’s grab, Hon planted on his feet once more and stroked a hand across his face. A dazzling, bluish glow was present on his very pupil, and it shone sharply as if cutting directly through one’s soul. “You could say… that I’m seeing things- you know what, I’m very hungry and all, so you show the way, cook.”

He was hungry, yes, and using that as an excuse to catch himself and prevent the Hyuuga self from expressing a pun was glorified in his mind. That was a close one, phew…

Akimitsu Doi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
So the Byakugan is also capable of evolving? It must be similar to how the Sharingan involves into the Mangenkyo Sharingan. "I see," replied Doi. "It looks really cool. I like its color." The teen turned to walk towards the exit."Let's get going. I've got some money to spare thanks to my last mission. No need worry about the tab."A grin began to form on Doi's face. "Just try not to eat my pockets dry."

The teen shinobi gave the collesum one last cursory glance as he approached the exit. 'At least we didn't rough this place up too much. That was fun wasn't it Shakoo?'

'Yes, it was.'

[Exiting Thread]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back