Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

The Noble Reborn [C-Rank Solo Self-Mod]

Shinrya Kitsune

11th Raikage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
The travels out to Kitsune’s so called relatives happened relatively quietly, with no major events. Sure, they got ambushed by a team of five bandits, but with Kitsune in a lacey gothic style dress, and her headband placed around her inner thigh, they looked like easy pickings. Unfortunately for the poor bandits, Kitsune was in great shape that day and scorched them all with a well-placed laser to the rear just to scare them off, and it worked on the henchmen, but not on the head honcho. So Kitsune fried his ass with her special black fire from her Mangekyou Sharingan.

The two genealogists were thankful that Kitsune had saved them, but she shrugged it off with a short speech about how it was her duty to help people in need, and that it was the least she could do, being trained in the arts of being a kunoichi, and it would really suck if she died already. Especially considering that she was on the way to meet her supposed relatives out in the boonies. Apparently they were taking care of an area out in The Heartland of Kaminari no Kuni. An area that had been in Kitsune’s family for hundreds of years, apparently.

In any case, the whole trip was quiet, and when they arrived at the estate in Raimei no Seika, they were met by the servants in a lineup, and a red carpet rolled out to welcome Kitsune. Talk about overkill… she thought to herself as she looked around at the place. My mansion is bigger than this, and I don’t even have a single servant. Maybe I should get one. Just one. Two at most. she shook her head slightly to get the thoughts out of her head, and to focus more on what was at hand: Meeting her relatives for the first time.

As she followed the two genealogists though the doors, she couldn’t help but look around, and take the entirety of the place into her mind, so she could quickly formulate a plan, in case this was actually an elaborate ambush, designed to lure her into a false sense of comfort, and then to hold her hostage for her substantial fortune. Fortunately for Kitsune, it turned out to be quite the opposite. She was led into a big room, where a bunch of people were waiting for her. There was the grandfather Gozaburo, his daughter Aiko, and her husband Raiga, their offspring: Setsuko, Kazumi, and Hiroshi, and their spouses respectively: Takeru, Rentaki and Nanami. Then there was also Hiroshi and Nanami’s son Shinichi, and Setsuko and Takeru’s daughter Sayuri. They all introduced themselves to Kitsune, and she to them, so no one would be insulted by lack of introductions.

”So you’re the Kitsune, we’ve been hearing about from those two genealogists we sent to find you” Gozaburo said in a tone that signified that he was definitely used to being obeyed, and that people listened when he spoke. ”You don’t seem like much. But I suppose I shouldn’t judge a book by its’ cover.”
Kitsune scoffed at those words ”I’ll have you know, sir, that I’m a trained kunoichi, capable of taking down every single person in this room in a matter of minutes.” she said in a matter of factly tone.

That was when Gozaburo burst out laughing ”Ahaha! Now that’s the fiery spirit I know so well. There’s no doubt that you’re family.” he said with a great smile plastered all over his face ”When we discovered what had happened to your parents, we assumed their fate had also befallen you. So imagine our surprise when we found out that you still lived.” he added. ”Why is that so surprising though?” Kitsune asked ”I mean. It’s not like I’m special or anything. I’m just a kunoichi from Kumogakure, that’s specialized in medical skills.” she finished and looked at the big man, puzzled.

”You’re not just a kunoichi.” Aiko said, speaking up for the first time since Kitsune had entered the room ”You’re the rightful owner of these lands, holder of the title of Baroness, once it gets reinstated that is, as well as a dear family member of ours.” Kitsune blinked a few times ”Baroness?” she said in a tone that clearly signified disbelief ”Me? Really?” ”Well yeah. Why else do you think you’ve got as much land in the middle of Kumogakure, as you do?” Raiga asked, earning himself a slight glare from his wife ”What my rude husband was trying to say, that there’s a reason for your wealth and land. It’s been passed down from generation to generation. Our half of the family takes care of the province, while your half takes care of the political side of things.” she said and took a sip of tea from her cup ”However, lately, we’ve fallen on some bad luck.”

”What kind of bad luck?” Kitsune asked, curiously thinking that there might be something she could do about it. ”Well. Several wells have run dry, the lands have gotten a bit unfertile, and we don’t have the manpower to handle these situations on our own.” Aiko said and sighed. ”We’re thinking however that you, as a trained kunoichi, should be able to handle pretty much all the problems we’re having. And considering that you’re family, we’d lend you all the support we can so you wouldn’t get harmed.”

Kitsune nodded. ”I’ll help. Don’t worry about my safety though. I’ll be just fine. If I can’t handle a few issues like that, I wouldn’t really be a good kunoichi.” she said and grinned and it was then Gozaburo stood up. ”You should know. Your father held a title. He was a Viscount. As the line was broken for a good long while, it has been reset, so you, once you get your title reinstated by either the Shogun or the Councilor, you’ll be a Baroness. Your role, will be to handle the politics of Kumogakure and the nobles, while our role is to take care of the land. Think you can handle that?”

Kitsune stood up, gave a short bow to Gozaburo before saying ”It’ll be my honor. And thank you for finding me. My own search had hit a wall.” she said with a sparkle in her eye.

[WC: 1048]

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
A few weeks later...

The day had finally come. Shinrya Kitsune of Cloud, who had been an orphan from the time she was small enough to forget, was to be announced as the principal title-holder for the province of Raimei no Seika, an obscure province that had fallen on hard times and that no one seemed to want. But for Kitsune, the parcel of problematic land was not a liability, but a challenge – in bringing prosperity back to the people and the earth, she would find herself anew.

In the past, the ennobling of anyone whom the Council of Nobles had viewed as a commoner was a controversial and rare event – only those with great wealth and connections to the extant nobility would ever be considered for an elevation of Baron or Baroness, and that was the lowest rank possible. Only through multiple generations would the descendants of a Baron be considered for Viscountship, and even then, the possibility was slim. But in the wake of the Civil War in which so many of the nobles had lost lives or titles or wealth, the path was open for those with ambition and the capital to back it up. Still, old prejudices remained, and while the brief ceremony that signaled someone’s promotion to Baron was attended by the Shogun and Chancellor, poor attendance by the other nobles was commonplace. No one wanted to acknowledge new competition, especially competent competition.

Kitsune stood in front of the gilded doors of the Shogun’s throne room in the center of the Red Palace, clad in the ceremonial wear that she had determined most appropriate for this occasion. The only stipulation had been that she wear an empty sheath to house the ceremonial sword that she would be given by the Shogun as part of the ritual. In front of her, two of the Royal Guard in their finest dress whites bowed to her and opened the doors into the grand chamber…

Contrary to what one might expect, there was no large crowd of clapping nobility and bystanders, and no fanfare of trumpets and confetti. Really, only two people were in attendance, minus the maids and butlers who stood in the corners of the room. In the somewhat awkward silence, Kitsune strode with a measured pace toward the seated Shogun of the land, with Chancellor Tachibana standing to his side. As protocol dictated, she knelt before him, head bowed in supplication. Ami spoke first.

yh4TZ.png
“Shinrya Kitsune, Mednin of Kumogakure, and inheritor of the province of Raimei no Seika, thou hast proven thy worthiness to serve the Shogunate of Kaminari no Kuni as a member of the Council of Nobles. Thy peerage is a mark of great honor but also grave responsibility,” said the Chancellor, reciting the ritual words, which were clearly written well before the modern era. “Dost thou swear everlasting fealty to the Shogun and His Heirs now and forevermore, and to perform all tasks both grand and menial, upon pain of death and dishonor, for thee and thine descendants?”

Shinrya Kitsune

11th Raikage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Kitsune entered the room as was expected of her, wearing a fancy dress, yet something that said “I’m proper, but I’m not unapproachable, and I like what I do.” to whomever looked. At her sides were the empty sheath she had been told to bring, so she could receive that ceremonial sword at the end of the ceremony. She had expected more people than two to show up, buuuuut considering how nobles were jealous bastards, it wasn’t really surprising that no one else had shown up. Kitsune continued her pace up to kneel before the Shogun as protocol dictated.

“Shinrya Kitsune, Mednin of Kumogakure, and inheritor of the province of Raimei no Seika, thou hast proven thy worthiness to serve the Shogunate of Kaminari no Kuni as a member of the Council of Nobles. Thy peerage is a mark of great honor but also grave responsibility, dost thou swear everlasting fealty to the Shogun and His Heirs now and forevermore, and to perform all tasks both grand and menial, upon pain of death and dishonor, for thee and thine descendants?” the Chancellor had said, awaiting a response from Kitsune.

Kitsune nodded and said in an authorative tone ”I swear it.” and as she did, she placed her hand over her heart, to signify that she was speaking the honorbound truth. She prepared the sheath, to make sure she was ready to receive the ceremonial sword, that would signify her entrance into nobility as being official.

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths

yh4TZ.png
“My Lord Shogun, dost thou accept Shinrya Kitsune of Raimei no Seika and her lawful heirs as thine servants in perpetuity?” asked Ami, completing the next step of the ritual. Interestingly enough, no one had ever said “no” in response to the question of swearing everlasting fealty. It was just as well, since clearly the creators of the ritual had not accounted for such a possibility, considering that there was nothing written as a response in that situation except for the phrase: “But Thou Must!”

1AxJA.png
“I accept thee as my vassal forevermore. Raise thy head, my servant. Chancellor, mine blade,” said Shiranai, rising from his throne and accepting the ceremonial, cross-hilted sword from Ami, who bowed as she presented it to him with the blade and hilt resting on her hands. As a weapon, the engraved sword was more for adornment of a waist than for any sort of warfare, but fulfilled its role admirably. Small jewels in the pommel glinted in the light as Shiranai carefully tapped each of Kitsune’s shoulders with the flat of the blade. “Now rise and face thy peerage,” he said, passing the sword to Kitsune.

Before Kitsune could fully comprehend the irony of rising to greet an empty room, the Shogun was at her side, holding her hand with the sword in the air… only to face the sound of applause!

Gozaburo, Aiko and Raiga, and their adult children and grandchildren stood gathered in the middle of the room, clad in the best clothing they could afford (even if it was a bit old-fashioned).

“Well, it isn’t standard procedure to let commoners in, but I figured that as no one else from the Council wanted to attend, we wouldn’t be stepping on any toes,” giggled Ami.

Shinrya Kitsune

11th Raikage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Kitsune raised her head as was asked of her by Shiranai, her former colleague, and now the Shogun. As she watched as Tachibana Ami brought him the sword, she wondered if he remembered seeing her at the hospital while he worked there. Her right eye glinted as she saw the sword, and she knew that she’d treasure it for as long as she lived. Which would hopefully be pretty much forever. She stood up after he had tapped her shoulders with the flat of the blade, rolling her eyes on the inside at the irony of rising up and facing an empty room.

She took the sword as it was handed to her, and before she could say or do anything, her hand and the sword was raised in the air and there was applause. She blinked when she saw her family there, applauding, and she grinned and waved at them with her free hand. Then when the Chancellor spoke, she grinned even more. ”Thank you Chancellor-san~ And I do believe you’re quite right. What they don’t know, won’t hurt them, ne?” Kitsune said with a wink before sheathing the sword carefully, and strapping the hilt onto her back, as she couldn’t put it by her waist due to her dress.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back