Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Time For Your Check-Up! [Private RP]

Onamuji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As much as he hated being in the hospital, he had neither the strength nor inclination to protest his rescuer's path to the Caduceus Tower. The time spent in the Diamond Maelstrom had weathered his body down to a battered mess, and the as-of-yet-unknown beauty who caught him at the Maw seemed to relax his otherwise stubborn and defiant nature. The thought of all the poking and prodding that went on in the Tower made him cringe, but he would bear it just this once. He shut his eyes tight and rested them for a moment, still averting eye contact with the woman who held him close.

Stumbling momentarily, Satsumaru fell against his rescuer, but quickly raised himself and stood on his own. It felt like lifting a mountain, but he managed it to keep from falling on her entirely. The last thing he needed was a debacle like that, collapsing on some Med-nin...

He moved to speak, but lost his words and the willpower to recall them, returning himself to her guidance. He was in her hands now, and he had no choice but to accept it.

Honma Kotone

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The journey back to the Tower was simple enough, well, one says simple but in actually fact it was a little more tiring than normal. Why? During the her Gate Guarding shift, the Sennin had inadvertently stumbled across an injured shinobi - well, she presumed he was a shinobi and not an impostor; otherwise, that would be quite embarrassing. As the two broke into the sterile scene, an unusual image of such a higher-up to be portraying as she hastily made her way across the lobby, giving a brief 'hello' or 'speak soon', whatever was needed for the greeting really. It took them not long, actually, to find an empty room - one that wouldn't be occupied till the later day. "Busy, busy." She would state chirpily, stepping through the threshold whilst using the heel of her fashionable wears to close the door shut.

Kinnaku would gently ease her patient against the center examination table, its faded jade leather would give the man comfort against his wounds. She would allow the man enough time for him to lie against the examination bed stretched out, as a person would do in their own bed. "So, you said your name was Satsumaru? Well, I'm Oba Kinnaku and you'll be treated by me; I'm a doctor here, you see."

She would play down her stature within the branch, not really liking to bring such attention to herself. "First things first, I want you to remove all of your clothing and replace them with these." Oba would state, walking over to a drawer and lifting out a cling filmed pack of patient pajamas. Kinnaku would leave the room, allowing the man some privacy, before entering and collecting his dirty wears - if he agreed to that, of course. Eitherway, he needed to be cleaned up first and for most. "I'm just going to have to clean you up, okay?" Kinnaku would form a gentle smile upon her dark olive skin, moving closer to the man and wiping her thumb against his cheek; shaking her head.

"You're in such a state, Satsumaru." She would add, leaving his side and moving over to a medical cabinet, taking out an empty bowl and some packaged cloth. From there on, she would fill the bowl with luke warm water and return to the man's side with the bowl and cloth. If allowed, Kinnaku would begin to wipe the damp cloth against the man's face. "So, aren't you going to entertain a woman about how you got these injuries?"

Onamuji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Satsumaru did as he was told, though with obvious hesitation about the change of clothing. He didn't give a word of protest, however. She gave him the privacy to change, and given his clothing's state, it wasn't like he was terribly interested in where it would go or how it would be treated. Kinnaku was direct, but surprisingly without any harshness or displeasure. Even when she pushed forward in her care, he didn't feel like he was under pressure or a prisoner of the hospital.

Soon, her gentle touch and calming demeanor allowed him enough time to regain some of his strength enough to speak properly as opposed to sounding like a brain-dead zombie.

"Research...or exploration. Maybe both," he answered, taking a deep breath.

"I traveled to the Diamond Maelstrom...chasing a ghost story, I suppose," the long-haired Jounin added with a grin, but his grin faded as he admitted, "Yet the ghosts elude me. I didn't find what I was looking for within that hellish place."

Running a hand across his freshly-clothed torso, he concluded, "Instead, I found the truth behind the name."

His muscles still ached, and he could feel the nagging cuts beneath the hospital garb. It was hard to tell which was worse, however, the pain of his wounds, or the sting of a failed attempt. Oddly enough, he found comfort in the one place he hated more than anywhere else in the village.

With a defeated sigh, the prideful man stopped Kinnaku's hand with his own and said, "Thank you for this, Oba Kinnaku."

Sometimes, it was better to put pride aside and acknowledge someone's assistance...

Honma Kotone

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Chasing a ghost story, she would mull that phrase in her head; tilting her smile sympathetically. Kinnaku's hand would be removed from the Jounin's face, and then her eyes would return back to the dirtied body that he unfortunately was presented with at this time. She would wipe down the man, making sure to clean the minor cuts and wounds - so to bring down the risk of infection to a minimal level, after all, he had been covered in God-knows-what when she found him. "The truth behind the name?" Oba would question, walking away from the man and returning with a bottle of disinfectant in her hand. She would add the solution into the luke, warm water and dab the towel's edges against the eye-nipping body of liquid. "It sounds like you uncovered a secret or something." She raised her bows and offer the man another sympathetic look, but do not mistake these expressions; they were not for pity but for sadness.

Kinnaku would wipe down a small cut on the man's face, it would sting but not by much, but at that moment Satsumaru would stop the Sennin's hand with his own. She would feel taken back by the sincerity, offer him a deepened smile and bow her head duteously. "Please," Oba then shook her head and cleared her expression of such deepened happiness, trying to remain as professional as one could, "Its the reason why I work here - I get to help people everyday, so please, thank you."

Hopefully Satsumaru didn't take her words as if; "Thanks for being tattered and beaten." Well, that would have been awkward.

"Plus, I'm the type of person to shy away from my duty-bound work load to help others, which I completely hate..." She would give the man a wink, toning her voice into sarcasm to display her utter hate for paperwork, as she gently nudged Satsumaru's shoulder. Oh, the Sennin made a joke!

Onamuji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The normally somber young man cracked a grin, appreciating the sarcasm.

It was almost ironic. He was meant to be the symbol of death for the village, and she, the symbol of life. It brought a sudden acknowledgment of the balance of things. Some were born to destroy, and others were born to give and protect life. It was the typical "can't have dark without the light" situation. In this case, almost perfectly, he was the dark and she, the light.

Though she wouldn't know it, he was a member of the ANBU, with a devotion to tracking and ending lives. He laid traps and manipulated others to achieve his ends, and death was usually the result. And he was good at what he did.

She, on the other hand, was entirely devoted to the aid of others. A Med-nin, she clearly loved treating the wounds of others and doing what she could to ease any pain they may have. By her own words, her purpose was to help others.

"It is humbling, to see someone so selfless," Satsumaru admitted. And it was, to him. He was generally a very introverted and isolated person. It said much that the only person he was remotely close to was his attendant. To see a stranger so concerned for his well-being was truly humbling.

Giving one more wry grin, he went on to say, "I can't promise to keep out of trouble, but perhaps that's for the best. If I'm not getting into trouble, I'm not doing my duty to the village. And if I'm not getting into trouble in the line of duty, I'm not letting you have the opportunity to do yours, now am I?"

Honma Kotone

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Humbling to meet someone so selfless?" Kinnaku would reiterate the statement with an exaggerated look upon her face, as if to say: 'really'. She would shake her head and laugh, rubbing down the man's wounds and lifting his patient gown in the right places to reach those nasty cuts and gashes. Still, a little flurry of pink adorned over her dark olive cheeks at the compliment, which she could get used to, mind you. "I didn't realize men who get into such bad shape are also quite philosophical, Satsumaru." The Sennin would comment on the man's well-strung argument, which allowed him to get hurt, in order for Oba and her staff to treat those who get hurt; creating a cycle of employment, ah, and such was the way of life.

"You know something," she would pose a question for the man, "As a member of the Medical Branch, I'm trained to use all these fancy techniques that are suppose to help my patients recover." Kinnaku would state, finding another gash that needed a good clean, something that had to be addressed before she continued, "And, I realized that it doesn't matter if you have all of these techniques because on my ship; we do things the right and proper way in a hospital."

The 'right and proper' way of healing would be that of actually meeting one's patient with civility, treating them with your knowledge rather than your chakra. A technique may heal the wound, but it can't clear an infection, no, only knowledge and a trained mind can overcome that obstacle. "Would you like anything to eat, Satsumaru? I could order you something from the cafe, if you're hungry. And don't worry, you don't have to say no because I'm here. You know, one time a patient ordered so much that the chef refused point blank to serve her anymore." She would chuckle, licking her lower lip deviously while leaning back and meeting his gaze, "I actually had to prepare some of the food! It was a disaster, to say the least."

Onamuji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Food? He had completely forgotten. The last thing he had eaten was...well, let's just say that there aren't many delicacies to be found in the barren wastelands. If it weren't for the innate hunting abilities of a shinobi, Satsumaru likely wouldn't have eaten. The scarcity of any edible flora or fauna meant that whatever desert creature he could find had to suffice. The remembrance stole away any desire to eat...

"Water would be appreciated," Satsumaru requested, "I can't say I'm too hungry at the moment..."

The cooking staff could be grateful. Even if he were hungry, the story of the kitchen-demolisher made the idea of ordering food an unpleasant one. Unlike their previous - probably hefty - resident, he wouldn't crush them with food orders. He just felt extremely thirsty.

Stifling another cough, the Jounin went on to remark, "I wouldn't say I'm philosophical. I just pay attention to the ironies of life. It makes everything more enjoyable. And in this particular situation, there are a lot of enjoyable ironies."

With that, he grinned and gave Kinnaku a slight shrug.

Honma Kotone

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Just water?" Kinnaku would retort, pulling away from Satsumaru as she walked over to an intercom device that latched itself to the wall. She rpessed her polished, purple, nail against the grey, bulbous button; it crackled and a voice broke through the white noise. "Hello there, I was wondering if you could bring me a glass of water to room 23B, please?" She asked, pushing her head closer to the slotted device and smiled with politeness, even though the male voice at the other end couldn't see her expression. "Of course, Sennin Oba." The voice would retort with a gesturing voice as he ended the connection with a flurry of white noise, which was extended as long as Kinnaku held her finger upon the button.

The Sennin would move over to her patient, grabbing a wheeled stool for her buttocks to rest upon. She would immediately sigh with relief of having a seat. "Well, I don't imagine you'll be kept here much longer after I patch you up." She would add, still dabbing the wounded areas with a snippy disinfect and water solution; which soaked his wounds, diluting them in a cleansing fashion.

The next stage of Kinnaku's treatment would be to wrap up this mans wounds in bandages, which she would begin to do. The stool would roll to the opposite end of the room, she would under-tuck her pinkie against a drawer handle and pull out the component, revealing a series of bandages; which were all wrapped up in a plastic protector. "I'll just begin to wrap you up now." She would say kindly, rolling back over to the man and ripping open the packets with her pearly whites. "So, what else are you hiding from your doctor?" Kinnaku would jest, sticking the tip of her tongue out softly as she refereed to what the man was up to out in the dangerous zones.

Onamuji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Satsumaru raised an eyebrow and grinned mischievously, replying, "Hiding and not volunteering are two entirely different things."

Looking to the woman, the long-haired Jounin would add, "Just as you not volunteering that you are one of our Sennin."

He looked slightly embarrassed. She was, for all intents and purposes, far beyond his status. The Sennin were second only to the Kage - or in Sunagakure's case, Stewards. Even if she was from a different branch, it was likely that there was some formality that they were supposed to follow. Satsumaru, as hard as he tried, just couldn't think of what that might be...

The man sighed inwardly, giving a shrug that accidentally caused some of his cuts to burn with pain. Though the question was likely merely said in jest, he knew that she could have a field day with all the secrets he had hidden. And the more he thought about his own secrets, the more he looked at her in curiosity as to what secrets she had to hide. The Sennin thing caught him entirely off guard, but he was too stuck in the moment to stumble over the idea of whether or not he should act differently.

"Unless you feel like trading your secrets for my own, it's probably safer for both of us if I keep anything that isn't health-related to myself," Satsumaru proposed at last, with another wry grin.

Honma Kotone

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kinnaku would chuckle, dabbing her hands into the water solution; cleansing them from the bloody that patched her hands in odd formations. "Oh, you got me." She would admit, raising her two hands in the air humorously as he pointed out the withdrawn detail of Oba's title. "I'm not just you're ordinary medical nina," She would say discreetly, shifting her gaze from left to right, leaning forward after she observed the empty room; inches away from Satsumaru's face she would laugh sweetly, "I'm also a keen baker." Kinnaku would pull back her face and scrunch up her smile, as if to say: 'Yup, I know, I'm talented' but in a joking fashion.

The Sennin would adjust the light cloth material that dressed the man, as she placed wraps of bandages over his flesh. She would carefully dress the man from head to toe, only giving some parts of his flesh, namely his head, room to breath without be so constricted by the white, mummification wraps. "Miss, I have your water." A young boy, a porter-to-be, would call out from the open doorway with a chilled glass of water in hand - it's body glistened with a chill as beads fell from its rounded face. Kinnaku would turn her head, smile, and gesture for the boy to come closer - to which she would take the glass and place to close to Satsumaru's revealed face.

"Thank you, son." The Sennin would smile sweetly as the boy drifted off, pleased at his daily deed. Next, she would tilt the brim of the glass towards Satsumaru's exposed lips, hoping that he would open them just in time for the liquid to enter. Kinnaku would continue to deliver the liquid into his parched mouth for as long as he required it, stopping only when the man signaled for it. "I'm going to prescribe to you some Tramadol, which is a powerful pain killer. Normally it's given to patients with severe pain but I want you to take one tablet a day: half of one tablet in the morning and the same at night."

Kinnaku would step away from the man, readying herself to leave the room in search of her prescribed drugs. "Do you think you can rest for about two weeks?" She would ask, but already knew that undefined answer to that.

Onamuji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The bandages were already stifling, but two weeks of rest? Pain killers? The idea of each made him sick to his stomach. As she served him the water from the cool glass, he almost choked at her words, backing up and coughing a bit.

"I appreciate your assistance, Ki-...erm, ma'am? My lady?" he spoke, still visibly shocked, "But I can't promise I'll rest for two weeks. Or take the pain killers."

Satsumaru sighed slightly, biting his lip. He didn't mean to be disrespectful in the least. She had gone out of her way, Sennin or not, to take care of him. It was clear she was only doing her job, but...he couldn't sit idle for two weeks. There was work yet to do, and he'd be driven insane having to wait two weeks to address it all. The long-haired Jounin had isolated himself in his home for a week or so in study, but there was something about being told to rest for two weeks that made the difference.

And pain killers were out of the question. He hated any sort of drug or concoction that altered his state in any way. It slowed him down or dulled his mind, and he always had something to work on that required his mind be in prime condition. Besides...he had experienced pain far beyond the normal threshold. This was nothing but an annoyance compared to what he had been through in the past.

As much as he hated to disagree with the Sennin's request, he couldn't possibly sit for two weeks and take pain killers.

"I mean no disrespect, I just...I can't stay idle for longer than a day, much less two weeks," he pleaded, looking rather defeated and exhausted. He had more than his share of work to do. There was more research to do, more exploration laying in wait, and missions that wouldn't wait for two weeks to allow him his bed rest...

Honma Kotone

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The Sennin's expression would change, in fact, she seemed disappointed by the man's refusal to take his medication. "I understand but..." She would shake her head and then roll away from the Jounin, lifting herself from the small stool. "You'll just be in discomfort, and those wounds will open; preventing the healing process or just prolonging it." Kinnaku would turn her back against Satsumaru, opening a cabinet door and snuffling through the contents; packets of white meshes. She would tumble her polished nails around until her eyes met with the desired item - a large packet of bandages.

The Sennin would return to the laying man, placing the packet on his chest with a smile. "If you don't take your medication, and don't rest, then you'll have to make an appointment to see me in two weeks to check your progress, okay?" Kinnaku would smile coming to a resolve as the two would, most likely, meet in the middle. Hopefully.

"Although, I don't see what's so important that it overrides your own health."

[Sorry, bad post, my ear is killing me so it's killing me and effecting meh typinaah skillz!]

Onamuji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[OOC: Your post wasn't bad. Even at your worst, you're generally better than mine :p]

Satsumaru raised an eyebrow at the remark, replying somberly, "Quite a few things, I'm afraid."

Again, he was at a crossroads. He understood that she had to be concerned, but she had no way of knowing why he was so driven to whatever purposes he had in mind. It was a one-sided situation in his favor, but even still, she was in the right. Whether he liked it or not, the wisest thing to do was for him to rest and recover.

Taking the bandages in his hand, he rose to a seated position and took a deep breath. He felt much better already. A hot bath would finish what the Sennin had begun, cleaning his body of all the blood and dirt that had accumulated through his adventure into the desert sands. For now, however, he was impressed with Kinnaku's treatment. Even without the flashy tricks or shortcuts, she managed to treat him and help him become something more like a decent human again.

"I'll leave you in peace, Lady Kinnaku," he said with a polite bow of his head, using a more formal method of addressing the Sennin, "I'm sure I've taken up enough of your time, and there are patients out there who need you far more than I, I'm sure. Although, I have to admit that I'll be looking forward to seeing you again in two weeks."

A mischievous grin returned to his face as he stood from the bed.

Honma Kotone

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kinnaku would give the man a bracing smile, hoping that he would take care of himself. She really didn't want to re-apply the bandages, or worse, apply stitches to split wounds. The Sennin would step back and hold her cupped hands just as they dangled by her inner thigh. "Please, take care, Satsumaru." She would add as he addressed her with a title; a 'lady'. Such a strange thing to call a person, well, not in this instance but in general - the title seemed to command respect, wealth and an abundance of power. It always made the Sennin feel uncomfortable. Truth be told, as she held her own chest, the Sennin was sad to see the man leave.

"Satsumaru..." Kinnaku would speak up just before he left, "Would you like to have a drink, maybe, in the next few weeks?" She would smile, blushing somewhat under her tanned, olive skin cheeks.

"Only if you were free..." She would nervously laugh, holding herself anxiously as the question was left out there - waiting to be responded by the man in question. However, what would he say in reply? If it was a no, then she would move on and try to get on with the daily grind; after all, what could one little drink do?

Onamuji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Satsumaru's eyes widened a bit at the mention. A drink? With the Sennin? Socially? He couldn't remember the last time he had gone out for a drink...or...gone out socially, at all. Likely because it never happened, but the thought still surprised him. He was known for being a solitary, quiet man. It was part of the intimidating illusion behind "Uchiha Satsumaru, the Black Prince", after all. The idea of a woman, the Medical Sennin no less, inviting him for a drink was...well, actually intimidating.

"Is...is, erm...is that an," he stopped, his artificially blue eyes darting nervously before halting on Kinnaku as he hesitantly asked, "Is that an order?"

It was hard to shake the mindset of being an agent of the village. His life had revolved around command and orders, and it was difficult to wrap his mind around the idea that she might be inviting him out.

Realizing quickly that he was likely making the situation awkward, the Jounin answered, "Of course, Lady Kinnaku. I'd be honored to share a drink with you, at your convenience. I may be a man with plenty on his desk, but I am capable enough of making time enough for a drink."

Honma Kotone

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kinnaku wouldn't say anything but she would smile, occasionally laughing. However, she wasn't laughing at how Satsumaru was acting, well, maybe a bit, but rather at how very formal he was being towards the Sennin. The woman would approach her patient, well now it could be debated that she wasn't the doctor till the next appointment, and place her hand on his shoulder - poking her head forward and smiling deeper. "Please, I'd like it if you called me by my first name, or if you like, you can call me by whatever else. Just so long as it's not something ridiculous like 'Lady'." She would give the man a wink before passing by him, dropping her hand from his height and placing it snugly back into her coat pocket.

"But if you don't feel up to a drink, or dinner, then you don't need to worry." Kinnaku would throw it out there, just encase he felt obligated to go out to get a drink with her just because she had patched the man up, or because she had a title. Really, if that was the case then don't you think she would be going around, demanding, for a date or two?

Actually, that would be a pretty funny sight...

Kinnaku would stand under the threshold of the door, biting down on her lusciously modest lower lip, which was coated in a pleasantly toned peach lipstick. "So... I'll see you in 3 weeks? You can pick me up at 7 on Tuesday, that's my day off." She would smile coyly and would then laugh with a closed mouth, trying not to giggle like a school girl. Kinnaku would then leave the room and leave Satsumaru standing there with such a weird day ingrained into his memory.

[Topic Left]
[New topic soon? :3]

Onamuji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Kinnaku, it is," the long-haired Uchiha would say softly as the Sennin exited the room, knowing she wouldn't hear him but hardly caring at this point. What needed to be said had been said, and how interesting it had been. Now that the situation was over, he found himself with a multitude of questions floating around his mind. Despite being considered a strategist and a genius in battle, this interaction wasn't his forté.

As he began walking out of the room, he was left wondering...what was the Sennin's intention? She was beautiful, of course, but was she really inviting Satsumaru out for a drink for...well, an entirely personal reason? Or was this a friendly social drink, giving her a chance to get some of his secrets from his own lips rather than trying to thumb through his - likely extensive - file. He was unable to come to a conclusion on which he thought it might be.

He did conclude, however, that it didn't matter which it was. He would see her in three weeks, on a Tuesday, at seven in the evening...and how interesting it would no doubt be.

[Topic Left]
[OOC: I'll get a new topic up, and you can enter it whenever you have the time/slot :p]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back