Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Twin Titans (Kazuki and Roku)

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]
Was Kazuki wrong in believing Mikaboshi was lying? Maybe he was. He certainly did not have all the answers, nor he knew everything there was to know. He certainly could be wrong from time to time. But he had been proven correct countless times before. Time would prove him right or wrong in the end. Deep Courts Ancients could not lie, not directly, but this Ancient Lord was inhabiting a human body. Was he being contaminated by humanity's genes allowing to overcome his limitations? Perhaps he was, but the Overlord had no way to know this. It was not even a growing theory, just a passing thought. "Don't trust his words... pot, are you calling the kettle black? Talk of furthering one's own agenda coming from someone who has so entrenched themselves into a village that is not their own, sorry if I find it funny." Roku immediately lashed out after the White Wolf's attempts, proven feeble enough, to warn the other Sennin of Mikaboshi's possible trickery. The Silvery Haired Man shrugged. "So be it." he conceded. Reaper was too patient and too smart to know when to fold. He knew that losing one battle was not the equivalent of losing a war. And time would prove that allying with Mikaboshi was the worst decision possible on this day. But sometimes you have to fall head first to learn. And they would. Or he would if proven wrong.

Kazuki purposefully gave them his back as he walked toward the end of the room. "Your call." he spoke to Sousuke as he passed by the Steward. Reaching the wall, the Overlord would turn around and lean his back onto the wall and crossed his arms. He was staring at a specific point in front of him, but because he had his mask on, they were unable to know who he was gazing, if any of them at all. In truth, his black irised eyes were locked on the figure of the Deep Court Lord. A silent study of his deadliest foe so far. And perhaps even kin to him.

[MFT - 348]​
|[legend="[[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qMBans8jyM][b][u]Senju Kazuki[/u][/b][/url]]"]
fnhhf8.png

Senju Kazuki - Occult ANBU Sennin
sand_sennin.gif
[/legend][/col]

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Episode 5: 'Games'| ANBU Sennin Arc said:
[col]With a shrug and some rather bland rhetoric, Mikaboshi made his point. It was a good point, one that Sousuke had mentioned previously; clearly the Ancients and Sora would not see eye to eye, so why would they join forces. The new couple of the Kazekage and Kazuki also seemed pretty intent that they could try and push those two forces into one another, and now here the deal was and both of them seemed prepared to shit the bed. This was the leadership of the village. This was why they had no wall, no control and no spine.

"Well, the ex-boss makes a pretty good point. It's not like he wasn't crushing big baddies for the village prior to this falling out."

Roku would shrug as well. Does that mean fully trust the beast? No, but he never indicated he did, even though Kazuki seemed to attempt to plead with him earlier. There was a long game that needed to be played and he hoped that his ex-Sennin was also thinking in the same process; it wouldn't be any fun if he wasn't playing a game as well.

"So.... seems like that piece of the convo has been sorted out, wouldn't you agree?"

His words would be tossed to Sousuke, who probably was not enjoying any of this moment. He was too logical, it was a buzzkill and a nuisance. There was still the name of the other Ancient that needed to be accounted for, if not others lurking in the village, but having Mikaboshi in agreeance to aid in the destruction of the Daimyo and his forces before turning his shadowy, monstrous attention was good; it gave them some time to continue to prepare for how to handle him and his kind. It was funny, but in this setting he could see what Fuu was talking about. All the pieces were assembling, none trusting the other, that would ultimately lead to mutual destruction. But Roku believed the woman to be full of shit anyways, still it was funny that her perception, or maybe it was more like involvement, seemed to be right on the nose for how things could and should go.

"Oh, but one thing, and I mean this with the utmost respect for the individual that saw to my acceptance and training into the ranks of the masked fellowship."

His red eyes would lack on the figure of dread before him with a smirk that seemed to send a lot of different messages, but just in case the right message was picked up;

"If you lay a hand on the Kazekage, I will be all over you like the shadows the stories say you hide within. I get that you and him have some business to attend to and I don't really know or care to know the details, and I am one that normally respects such honor among... men...beings... but in this case, I am part of a new initiative in this little sand box. I am a change in attitude this place has been desperately needing, and I am sort of keeping a running tab on little threads that need to be attended to before this village can be in good shape once more. Again, all due respect. I don't think I am better than you nor do I know if I can simply take you in a one-on-one, seems like the twins over there have already went round-and-round with you and their non-verbals when you appeared speak volumes as to how that little meeting went, but I am not them. Just wanted to make that point clear, didn't want to offend you later on down the road when we eventually don't see eye-to-eye."

No reason to beat around the bush. There was legitimately respect in Roku towards Mikaboshi, even in spite of his current reputation. That being said, Roku held ambition and had always viewed Mikaboshi has someone standing between him and what he wanted, so this day would have came anyways; even if it might have been more civil in different circumstance. So now that the ex-Sennin was clear on his attentions, he felt prepared to come at him with everything he had when the time came.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OOC: 618 MFT - - - - losing my mind and accidentally edited this instead of quoting it to use for my next post's formatting.
|
[legend="[glow=maroon][b][size=5]Roku[/size][/b][/glow]"]
7dec199f-1d20-43cc-b29d-d5e9ba8fd013_zpskfc4lisy.jpg

Name: Okayama Roku
Epithet: Suna's Raging Beast
Height: 6'2"
Build: Lean and Muscular
Eyes: Green
Blood Type: O Negative
Personal Data
Stamina: 50,400
Chakra: 31,200
Power Level: 3600 [CL: 15]
Stamina: 600 / 600
Agility: 600 / 600
Ninjutsu: 600 / 600
Taijutsu: 600 / 600
Genjutsu: 600 / 600
Chakra Control: 600 / 600
Fight Data
WiPActionsWiPWeapon EquippedSeven Deadly SinsMood MusicWiPMISC X
[/legend]​
[/col]

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Mikaboshi was well informed as per usual. Sousuke held some sway in the courts of Soon's but something was amiss in Soon's. Could Sand beat all of Wind Country? There was a 17% chance sand could based on a longer campaign that involved the ruin of each individual state and resources being burnt out. That of course was based on the fact that no Ancients interfered which was most likely not going to be a thing. It was a difficult thing to work the numbers on. What Mikaboshi spoke of did cause him to stare at his former mentor with disbelief. Truce was a funny word. This was coming from an entity who acted like a child when he was told no for the first time ever. Certainly the method of the 'no' did not work as Sousuke had expected. Who knew telling him to stand down resulted in his armour being blown off and melted? Mikaboshi was very the dramatist when he simply could have let Shiori go and explained himself, which he still had not done so. There was no owner's manual to the formerly named Black Blade. For a moment if Sousuke had wondered if their roles were reversed, and it had been Mikaboshi's 'friend' who was seemingly in peril, would he not have done the same? Mikaboshi had been more or less throttling Shiori. The image was ever so present in his mind's eye. He was told to stand down.

There it was again. The word truce. Cessation of hostilities. Mikaboshi had given Sousuke time to develop. This truce would give him more time to develop what techniques he would need in the future to deal with him when the truce came to an end and Mikaboshi would go into a violent rampage. "Define us. Does it include your siblings Fuujin and Homura who have supposedly returned?"<i></i> Sousuke watched for Mikaboshi's expression. While he wore a face mask there were other tells involved. Mikaboshi knew that Suna was working to revive those two. It had occured. Now the interesting part did he know about it? "I do not know what capacity they are in, but they have returned."<i></i> The threat of Soragakure was high priority, but with those two back it wouldn't take long for Mikaboshi to act upon those two either. He had no love for his brothers at all. They would act against him. If Mikaboshi was willing to offer a truce with Sungakure, then this knowledge was considered fair trade. "History would inform me that you would ... well, have no particular fondness in rallying them to your cause or ours."<i></i> He exchanged glances with Roku who spoke his piece on defending Sousuke. He appreciated it, but unfortunately Roku would be one of the bodies burned as kindling as per Mikaboshi's narrative as how the end would unfold. It would not come to pass if Sousuke had anything to say about it. "What are your terms of this truce. You have always been particular about wording. "<i></i>

Mikaboshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]"Pouting is poor manners, halfbreed" Sneered Mikaboshi, referring to Kazuki's dueling heritages.

Ancients were unlike humans or other creatures in that they possessed a singular essence which bound them together as kin. This was a concept which was called fronzii -- the closest translation from the Ancient tongue being "kindred soul" or "family". To ancients which could recognize such a connection, mostly the ancient lords and their ilk, there was an unmistakable mark on those that were fronzii to them and Kazuki reeked of it. Whether he was directly related in some way to Mikaboshi or one of his court members was irrelevant as Mikaboshi did not consider Kazuki to be worthy of the designation. They were fronzii, certainly but that did not require anything from Mikaboshi towards Kazuki except for the tradition of not feeding upon his soul essence.

"No, you are not." Was all Mikaboshi would say in response to Roku's threat. If there was one thing about Roku that Mikaboshi could respect it was that the man seemed to have the same code of wolf's ethics as he did. There was no succor or cow-towing in the words that Roku offered him; I will fight you. He made that statement not as a threat to push out his chest or to make the room think of him as clever. It was a statement of fact and nothing more. Where as other humans had been nothing but dishonest with Mikaboshi in the past, Roku's intentions were pure in their challenge.

And to that Mikaboshi made a mental note to put that challenge to the test sometime in the near future.

Sousuke said nothing at first to Mikaboshi's offer for a truce for the time being. He knew that his offer would baffle the Steward as following their last confrontation Mikaboshi had made a promise to rain fire and suffering down on everything Sousuke knew and loved. That was a promise that he still fully intended to deliver on but for the time being it was too soon to continue following through with an all out campaign. Sousuke had insulated himself with powerful allies and he would need to be extricated from them to some level before Mikaboshi could be truly open about his hostilities again.

Roku would make the perfect weapon for that extrication. He merely needed to be aimed and sharpened, then Mikaboshi could stand back and watch from a safe distance.

"The Great Lords have revived?" Mikaboshi could not hold back a laugh at the absurdity of Sousuke's statement. "Are you really so naive as to think that you would still be breathing if either Fuujin or Homura were returned to life? Even one of them would be enough to bury the entirety of Wind Country under their heel. The bloodline of Primus is spent... or have you forgotten?"

Once upon a time there had been three Great Lords of ancient kind and they were Fuujin, Homura and Suna -- the greatest of their kind for the fact that they ruled the courts which the greatest dominion in all of Wind Country. Fuujin was the Ancient of the Sun and Sky, the Skylord and Sun Emperor, among many other titles. Homura was the Ancient of Iron and Flame, the Eternal Conflict. Both of them were maelstroms of power in their own right and it had taken the sum total of a rallied force of humans' conviction and faith personified in their king who was armed with a blade that could sever a being's very connection to the natural world with a stroke to defeat them. His last statement was a reference to the fact that he had killed the last scion of Primus' line and taken over his body. It pleased Mikaboshi that Sousuke seemed so tied up in knots over it -- if he'd known that Sousuke were so attached to the young Sunahoshi then he'd have killed him long ago.

"But as far as "Us" is concerned..."

Mikaboshi raised his hand and snapped his fingers. With an audible crack like that of a whip, a thin black scroll appeared in Mikaboshi's waiting fingers wrapped in a thin green cord. It was a benefit of the Sunahoshi's reality altering power; Mikaboshi had only to visualize what he wanted in his mind's eye and focus. The talent could not be used on a large scale but such a small thing as a short, light contract was easy enough. It was longer than it needed to be, as any such legally binding contracts were, but the relevant parts could be summed up as a full cessation of hostility between Mikaboshi and Sousuke with the terms of the truce extending to any person or group named as an ally by either party. It meant that either would engage in direct hostile activities against the other until the defeat of Sora and the Wind Daimyo was assured. Reaching forward, Mikaboshi extended the scroll to Sousuke and nodded to it, urging him to take and read it.
|[legend="[[b][u]OOC Notes[/u][/b]] - [[url=https://youtu.be/5CfNarCjSHMJ_E]SCENE BGM[/url]]"]
mikaboshipost.png

Mikaboshi - Ancient Rogue
roguenin.gif

Notes! Originally the concept of fronzii was talked about by Mikaboshi HERE but was referred to as svihelen. Apparently the translation in Dovahzul has changed over time so instead of continuing to use a word or phrase which doesn't technically exist I've adapted to this and added a note to it here.

Fronzii is sort of an abstract concept which applies to ancients of the same court. It is an intrinsic connection that binds them together in an innate way allowing them to recognize each other regardless of the form that they might take but such a connection only exists between parties which belong to the same court. For instance, Suna would be unable to recognize a Deep Court ancient as she is not fronzii to them but she would know an Earth Court ancient or those that carried the essence of one immediately through even superficial contact.
Commentary
X
[/legend][/col]

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]
"Pouting is poor manners, halfbreed" Mikaboshi would tell him. Geeze, couldn't he be left alone in his corner, without having a distant kin of his, disturb his quietude? Even worse, he would declare something, that the Overlord was not completely certain of. There were clues, yes. But they were only evidences, and not facts. That would certainly re-attract those big spotlights toward him, but what could he do? He had said so to Sousuke himself before. That there was distinct possibility he had Ancient blood. There were too many coincidences between his abilities and Mikaboshi's. Too many to be just a random act of some strange god. No, they had to have a certain link. And judging from the Deep Court Lord's words, it was real. Kazuki would shrug, but he would remain silent and where he was. The room was not that big, so he could hear them just fine, if his voice had to be used again. So the former Sennin wanted to strike a deal with the Kazekage. Wonderful. How did the last one ended? The Silvery Haired Man could not bring himself to trust this shadowy monster in front him, even if he was potentially one as well. No, Mikaboshi could not be trusted, even if he could not lie. But the Deep Court had long been associated with deceit and subterfuge. It was intrinsic to him, part of what made him whole. Something he could not discard.

"Rina sut i' tella deal tyele." (Remember how the last deal ended) Reaper would murmur. Such a warning, even if in a very old and foreign tongue, was hardly necessary. The Takahashi Hightlord only had to remember the past few weeks. But his judgment could also be clouded by those memories. Better safe than sorry.​
|[legend="[[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qMBans8jyM][b][u]Senju Kazuki[/u][/b][/url]]"]
fnhhf8.png

sand_sennin.gif
[/legend][/col]

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Episode 6: 'Waiting'| ANBU Sennin Arc said:
[col]Halfbreed, huh... well that is a neat little bullet point to add.

And with that, he would file away another thread in his ongoing little search into the dark world around him and a country rotten to its core in corruption. While he was appointed the ANBU charged with the non-supernatural bullshit, it did not appear like he was going to get the luxury of removing himself from that muck. Mikaboshi would then acknowledge that Roku was not better than him, at least that is what he assumed the comment was about. Normally that would be a riling sting to one's pride. Roku felt differently.

That is right, doubt me. Ancients, halfbreeds, broken souls, all of you continue to doubt me. I need your sights all set away from me so I may crush your necks from the shadows.

Delusions of grandeur? Resolution of determination? Who knew. Either way, it seems the accords were now between Sousuke and Mikaboshi, so he would remove himself from the immediate area and take a seat away from the involved parties, but closer to Kazuki. This was not planned but was just a product location as they both seemed resolved to displace themselves from the hub of this interaction. Roku would rest his elbows on the table as his chin propped in his palms as he continued to await for the next step in all this business.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OOC:
|

Personal Data
Fight Data
[/legend]​
[/col]

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"Laugh all you want to."<i></i> Sousuke started at Mikaboshi, who did not wish to take him seriously. Very rarely did Mikaboshi ever take him seriously, but there were a few ocassions which did in fact concerned the ancient. The Djinn, the Outsders, and the Cabal. "Homura is making new Kirishii, and they are not in any form relation to the ones at Deadline."<i></i> Mikaboshi didn't believe him. He was right in the fact that a full powered Homura and Fuujin would destroy Wind Country, but they were not. Power was never created or destroyed, merely transferred. What Mikaboshi failed to realize is that Homura and Fuujin needed time to have power transferred to them. What the grievous error was here was instead of hiding and taking the time to have that power transferred to them, they had played their hand and revealed things early enough for Sousuke to try and put himself into a position of power to deal with them in the sense that it would be a negative outcome, being his death but he could slow them down by mortally wounding them. That was a best case scenario of course, and one that Sousuke did want to explore openly unless he had to. "The bloodline may be spent, but their legacy is not."<i></i> Sousuke had half of a mind to correct Mikaboshi on the bloodline aspect. Mikaboshi had sired children before, and now he had a body to do so again. The question was the offspring going to be a Sunahoshi heir, a shadow court heir, or both?

Sousuke read over the contract. He placed it down on the table and unfolded it to its entire length. He held his hands out he worked his plasma techniques out and summoned a small plasma star. He reached into it and turned something inside of it like a lever of sorts. The plasma star expanded and the language of the contract was present for everyone to read. Sousuke had reason to doubt himself. This was Mikaboshi, the man who stole Katuso away from him. A frown of sorts appeared on his face as he thought about it. He still did not know if Katuso was truly dead. Mikaboshi could have sealed Katuso in his sword. That much was entirely possible.

"Why are you offering this truce?"<i></i> Was Mikaboshi fearful of the Wind Daimyo? Mikaboshi in all likelihood wanted Sousuke snap and break down. Ancients. Wind Country. The Phoenix Force. Corruption from within. It was a very tiring process. The amount of time allotted to each of these problems was not equal. It couldn't be. There were too few hours in the day to work on all of things, and maintain oneself - which Sousuke was already not very good at doing. The Kazekage was not a shining example of what one would deem to be a healthy individual.

Whereas Roku had thought highly of himself, Sousuke was thinking very little of himself. Not the superior Takahashi Sousuke, but in fact he was an inferior one. It was difficult. He poured over the contract as he thought more and more about it. Dissecting words and determining alternate meanings. Mikaboshi could not lie, but at the same time there were words to be taken advantage of. It was a point that Sousuke had to be smarter about. Roku and Kazuki could clearly see the words being dissected as Sousuke worked with the plasma star and would turn to both of them. He didn't say anything, but it was quite obvious he wanted a second opinion. He knew Kazuki would counsel caution, but even he was not so certain as to what Roku would say.

[MFT 611]

Mikaboshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]"Then that should make my offer all the more appealing given that you seem to have more than you can handle on your plate already." Offered Mikaboshi with an audible smirk in his words.

He still believed it considerably more likely that Sousuke had simply been given bad information about the emergence of creatures which were foolish enough to claim a legacy that did not belong to them. Fuujin and Homura had not faded away into antiquity or been sealed into a weapon the way that he and Suna had been. They had been destroyed by Shouki, a weapon that was capable of slaying the living concept of the world itself. A weapon of tremendous power, Shouki's power was such that it could change the fundamental essence of things that it encountered which was evident by the way it had elevated a simple human king to the level where he had fought on equal footing with not one but two Great Lords of ancient-kind.

For creatures such as the Great Lord existence was as cyclical as the seasons themselves. Death was not an ending but only a new beginning as their essence transitioned from one state to another and then back into physical form. Ancients did not "die" in the same way that humans did where their soul essence passed through the veil of reality into the mysterious great beyond. They were simply recycled back into the natural world which had birthed them only to be reborn again some time later. Only Fuujin and Homura had not died anything close to what might be described as a natural death. "Death" did not begin to cover it. Their physical forms destroyed, Shouki obliterated them from the natural cycle itself and shattered the process which might rebirth them. There was no returning from that. If the reports of Fuujin and Homura returning to life had any worth to them then they were misinformed out of ignorance; the creatures claiming to be those Great Lords simply could not be. The will and power of Shouki could not be undone that way.

"My reasons are my own." Replied Mikaboshi casually as Sousuke asked him about his intentions.

This was not a negotiation nor did Mikaboshi intend to engage it that way. They needed Mikaboshi more than he needed them, all things told. With the threat of Sora looming on the horizon and now reports of creatures of great power claiming to be reborn Great Lords, Sand could ill afford to maintain an enemy such as Mikaboshi. Even if they attacked him here in the office they stood a good chance of defeating him but even if they managed that he would kill at least one of them in the process and the village would have it's already weak position weakened further by the death of a powerful shinobi who was sorely needed during these dark times.
|[legend="[[b][u]OOC Notes[/u][/b]] - [[url=https://youtu.be/5CfNarCjSHMJ_E]SCENE BGM[/url]]"]
mikaboshipost.png

roguenin.gif

Notes! Originally the concept of fronzii was talked about by Mikaboshi HERE but was referred to as svihelen. Apparently the translation in Dovahzul has changed over time so instead of continuing to use a word or phrase which doesn't technically exist I've adapted to this and added a note to it here.

Fronzii is sort of an abstract concept which applies to ancients of the same court. It is an intrinsic connection that binds them together in an innate way allowing them to recognize each other regardless of the form that they might take but such a connection only exists between parties which belong to the same court. For instance, Suna would be unable to recognize a Deep Court ancient as she is not fronzii to them but she would know an Earth Court ancient or those that carried the essence of one immediately through even superficial contact.
Commentary
X
[/legend][/col]

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]
Sousuke would open the scroll and read its contents.Thinking of the crowd behind him, the Takahashi Highlord conjured a few plasma tricks and allowed them to see what he was reading. Quite an useful ability, and in their current predicament, very so. Deep Court Ancients were known for their superior ability for deceit and to find loopholes. If Mikaboshi was presenting them with a deal, they could be certain he had the necessary openings to come out on top, even if those openings were cleverly hidden in plain sight. Or through clever wording. Or by some, apparently, harmless omissions. Despite the distance, Kazuki's vision was perfectly normal and so he had already started reading the contents of the scroll, without requiring any approach. Roku seemed to have the same idea on his mind and so, by now, was practically side by side with his new colleague. "Why are you offering this truce?" Sousuke would question the former Sennin, now turned mortal enemy. "My reasons are my own." Mikaboshi replied. Of course he would reveal his reasons. This was a poker game, no opponent was ready to disclose their hand to the rest of the table. This was a negotiation, and the Ancient's reasons could be his trump card. Unsurprisingly, the Kazekage would be less than pleased with such response. And he seemed less than ready to make a decision and he looked behind him, requesting counsel from both Sennins, with his eyes.

The Occult Sennin would re-approach the table and would give the scroll a second, more careful read. He would shook his head as he finished reading and would return back to his initial position, leaning against the back wall. "His current proposal is unacceptable Sousuke. Yes, he is quite direct in stating we will cease our further direct hostilities, at least, until the current storm passes. But he makes no mention of stopping indirect actions. What prevents him from causing dissent among our ranks? As it is, he would still come out on top. We cannot attack each other, but he can still strike our foundations and we would crumble when this truce is over. This is my opinion." Reaper would tell him. His eyes were again fixed upon Mikaboshi, studying the ancient's body language. Checking how the former Sennin would react to his words.

"Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't Deep Court Ancients known for subterfuge and deceit? I mean, I should know it better than most, right dad?" Kazuki would question Mikaboshi. His response, if any, could likely shed some light about the deal Sousuke was about to sign.

[MFT - 388]​
fnhhf8.png

sand_sennin.gif
[/legend][/col]

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Episode 7: 'Who Is Your Daddy?'| ANBU Sennin Arc said:
[col]Daddy, halfbreed, well what a curiously unknown entity we have here. Thanks, Sousuke... for aligning with another one. Geez...

He would laugh a bit at the comment of referring to Mikaboshi as 'dad'. Roku wasn't still sure about the entirity of the former Sennin's existence, as it would seem hard to believe that after all this time something like that would still have a physical body. Now the question was the procreation of Ancients and how all that worked. Did they birth their 'children' or did they manifest on their own, what was the process. The Daimyo seemed interested in that same question, as he was apparently force feeding their energy to kids. So what makes an Ancient.

Well...

Truth be told, he was more interested in what broke them. But still, just getting another nugget of wisdom would be worth it in his little quest. Making a mental note his eyes would begin to scan around the room to see if there was any booze present, as it seemed that this was going to drag on a bit longer. Honestly, Roku had planned to indirectly bother the Ancients, mainly for fun and see what their emotional levels were like, but it seemed Kazuki was going to ruin that little plan. Now he would have to wait until the end of their truce, or just simply make his target a different one.

Hmmm, honestly I doubt that Mikaboshi would be as petty to build a truce and do something like that, seems beneath his attitude. Let's see, if I was him, if I was a being that potentially predated humanity, watched as humans took over my courts or whatever, and then was subjugated by them... how would I process things once I got free. Clearly he isn't going to just walk in and offer a truce but he seems to hold some esteem, so pride or confidence, something like that and despises us, at least I would. So if I was him I would probably stir the pot before I made an offer, I mean why would you make the game fair? We are pretty easily manipulated with nice words and gestures, him coming to 'surrender' and I would think us foolish to eat that up. If I was Kazuki I wouldn't worry about what he could do and be more wary of what he had already done. Dude is part of the very core of the village and has a lifetime of influence, if he was doing damage I would have already done it. Hell, offering to surrender to me is a great way to start influencing me to be part of his stirred up trouble... but, Kazuki isn't that saintly in my eyes, so even without Mikaboshi's push I would still be gunning for him. That said, I can't dismiss him. Mikaboshi has a long game and we are only thinking short term... and I am insanely bored. Should I tell them this? Would that be fun? Pride comes before the fall right, guess I am damning us by silence... oh well, I've got my plans as well.

Removing his right hand from under his chin, he would begin to tap the table with the now freed digits. It was time to see what Sousuke did with the ball in his court.

OOC:
|

Personal Data
Fight Data
[/legend]​
[/col]
[/quote]

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Kazuki had brought up a valid point. The truce did not mention anything about creating dissent amongst the ranks. This was a valid point. Mikaboshi hadn't explained why he wanted this truce either. It was an infuriating point. Roku had not spoken his peice either. He wanted Roku's opinions, something, anything, but he was not given anything at all. He laughed at the remark of Kazuki referring to Mikaboshi as his father. That was ... well it certainly could have literal meaning as Mikaboshi has sired children. He continued to go through the wording of the contract. There was no mention of Suna at all. Sousuke would turn his head to his former Sennin. "You've not referenced Hahaoyasuna. Where does this put you in terms of your relationship with her, considering what how endgame worked out."<i></i> Mikaboshi did not answer several of his inquires the last time, but this time Sousuke was asking far less of them. Sousuke was missing very vital pieces of information. Mikaboshi had been choking Suna during the battle with Shouki before he entered the fray. She allied with him seemingly. What was he doing, and why would he not disclose it?

There was one thing Mikaboshi did not know though. The Daimyo's son was very interested in him, and curiously Susumu had offered him help in hurting Ancients. The son of the Daimyo seemed to greatly despise Ancients. Susumu himself was not a physically powerful individual but he had knowledge and that was the most curious thing. What did Susumu know about Ancients that Sousuke did not? "Kazuki has a point. Further expand upon the meaning of direct actions against each other. You will not harm harm physical or mentally to a Suna nin, nor will you cause rifts of same sort being mental or physical."<i></i> As Sousuke poke his version of the contract would change and a more explicit version of what he wanted would appear thus addressing Kazuki's concerns. What Mikaboshi did not address was who the Daimyo was, which was something that could work in his favor considering that Susumu may in fact cause problems down the line. If that were to happen then this war could last more than a decade considering Susumu's expansive. "I know you did not accept my apology for what happened with the Ancestors, I was certainly not that and as far as I know there was not a Takahashi present in those memories. Your reasons are your own, I can respect that. Humanity has certainly given you the raw deal. Why negotiate with humans again? Why Sungakure, not Soon's, or Soragakure. You wanted Sunagakure to burn."<i></i>

Mikaboshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]Kazuki and Sousuke continued to agonize over the finer points of the very specific concept of the truce between them and as the two ruminated on the possibility of Mikaboshi spreading discontent through their ranks, Mikaboshi rolled his eyes and sighed audibly as he stood up. Sousuke had asked a second question of him now; this time of his relationship to Suna but he had no intention of honoring the question with an answer. Not only was this now the second time that Sousuke had requested a concession of Mikaboshi before terms of truce were even signed but he'd also grossly mispronounced her name by conflating it together with some human attached title. And further than that, Kazuki seemed content to continue attempting to fruitlessly goad Mikaboshi into a fight... which in the end only furthered his goal in the enemy by putting his petty aggressiveness on display for Roku. Mikaboshi didn't need to put any effort into creating a rift between Roku and Kazuki... the mongrel sennin was doing a good enough job of that on his own.

He'd won the exchange by simply walking into the room.

"Yes, fine. I agree to your addendums."

With a wave of his hand the lettering upon the black parchment flared gold for a moment before settling into an eerie red glow. The effect was for show, naturally. There was no magical binding taking place which bound them to their words but theatricality had it's place. So long as those in the room believed that Mikaboshi was bound to the words upon the parchment -- and really, why would they not given the legends surrounding his predilection towards obeying contracts in their purest sense? -- then that was good enough for him. With another gesture the contract floated up back towards Mikaboshi's hand, assuming that Sousuke had no further qualms regarding it's terms, and rolled itself back up before sealing itself with a blood-red ribbon and disappearing into a puff of smoke.

"I did not accept your apology because it was not given in good faith, Sousuke. You were sorry because consequences for your actions finally caught up to you, not because I was wronged. Even now your conceited conscience is looking for reasons for you to shirk the blame for your mistakes."

And Sousuke had made mistakes. Truthfully, for the people of Wind Country and for Sunagakure it had been a mistake for him to release Mikaboshi in the first place but in context towards Mikaboshi the Steward had always treated him as a tool despite his claims otherwise. It was easy for Sousuke to say that he thought of Mikaboshi as a friend but at the end of the day one did not keep collars around the necks of those that they supposedly trusted and respected. He rationalized it a number of ways but at the end of the day the simple truth remained that despite his words that he thought of Mikaboshi as a respected mentor he still kept him chained to the enslaving power of the Black Blade throughout their association.

"But that is immaterial. I have no interest in your mewling apologies. There can be no forgiveness between men and wolves." Mikaboshi glowered, his eyes -- Katsuo's eyes -- burning with decades of anger and resentment from the eye holes in his mask that Sousuke had originally crafted for him. "Lord Roku. I believe I have temporarily surrendered myself to your custody. Perhaps you would like to debrief me?"
mikaboshipost.png

roguenin.gif

Commentary
X
[/legend][/col]

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]
It would seem this exchange of words was boring Roku, judging from he constant tapping on the table. Sousuke, on the other hand, rapidly agreed with the addendums Kazuki had suggested. It was not a surprise, it was a glaring hole on the contract. Unfortunately, the deal still had more holes than a Swiss cheese. What mattered was they had more to lose by signing than to win. Regardless if Mikaboshi's presence on their side was a boon or not. But they did not have the entire day just to discuss the fine print. Pressing matters urged them to conclude the negotiation rounds and proceed to act. "There are more glaring holes to be covered, but we could stay like this for a week or more, until we would be satisfied with everything. Do we have a week to spend it like so? I say we do not. But regardless if we are satisfied with the terms or not, there is one thing that spells doom no matter how we look at it. There is nothing to ensure that Mikaboshi, or even us, will stay true to the deal. There is nothing that binds either side to the deal. No way to guarantee that he will obey this contract." the Overlord noted.

He crossed his arms again before sharing a few more thoughts. "These kind of deals equate to making contracts with a demon. We never come out on top. Who knows how much chaos he has already created before joining us? Who knows for how long has he plotted Sunagakure's demise. Who can tell how many plots he has going on right now?" he told them. Mikaboshi was a creature with centuries of experience. Countless years sealed inside a sword, allowing his anger to boil. He could not be trusted. "I will not deny he could prove to be a great ally in the upcoming war and, ultimately, this your decision Sousuke, but I urge you to remember one thing. Can you enlist an ally only to be forced to constantly look behind you, for daggers? If there is no way to have a semblance of trust, then accepting his deal, which is something he sought us before, not the other way around, is foolish of us." he stated. Would this change anything?​
fnhhf8.png

sand_sennin.gif
[/legend][/col]

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Episode 8: 'Bad Boys said:
[col]It would seem that after a couple more talking points things would eventually move back to him. He was sort of surprised that Kazuki showed some foresight in his comments spoken aloud, maybe there was so hope for him after all. Sousuke and Kazuki, however, were both still hung up on a fact that was apparent to everyone in the room but seemed fruitless to be fixed upon. Again, it was very clear that this truce was essentially meaningless. What purposed it served was a cease, at least in the largest extent, between actual fighting between Mikaboshi and Sousuke, and by extension the village.

Now was the question of the terms for the surrender. Roku would finally stand back up and turn his attention to Sousuke.

"Any issues or specifics you would like me to take into consideration?"

He had been snarky towards the Kazekage for a large chuck of this interaction, but now that they were finally interesting the brass tacks of the matter it would be beneficial to return to a place of respect. If prior to his debrief with Mikaboshi Sousuke had any specifics or orders he wanted the newly appointed Sennin to consider, now would be the time for it.

OOC: Sorry for short post, just didn't want to stall out while I am suffering a large scale brain fart...
|

Personal Data
Fight Data
[/legend]​
[/col]

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Mikaboshi accepted his terms. Then he chastised Sousuke, no surprised. Was his apology given in good faith? Seemingly no. Mikaboshi seemed to forget that history had been written by the victors. Nori had written history so that Mikaboshi had been a villain. It was certainly difficult to trust Mikaboshi given what history had recorded him which certainly had a long list of character traits that were to put it lighly not good. There was a reason why his pact had involved a leash, but Sousuke only used it once and only once. Mikaboshi did not take well to it being used the once and only time. He disliked it so much that he had went and undone their original agreement.

Did Sousuke fully trust Mikaboshi to follow through? Not really. He burned down the residential district. Failed to see their agreement through to the end, which was his death. He failed to answer Sousuke's questions. Mikaboshi had spent hundreds of years in his own element. He spent significantly less time in Sousuke's service. "Mikaboshi."<i></i> He began, "Perhaps by the end of this you might be the one thankful for this."<i></i> At the time of this being spoken? Unlikely. Later? Quite possible. Mikaboshi's pride had been struck down. As a result it he had only become more and more prideful. In time there would be an instance when he would need help. He had been sealed twice before, and things did occur in threes. Mikaboshi could indeed fall from such a height that it would be most unhealthy. "You may be thankful yet for my supposed mewling apology... but more importantly my talents for repairs."<i></i> Mikaboshi had a habit of biting off more than he could chew. Even in this body now, there were limits. Certainly Mikaboshi could repair Katuso's broken shell, but even then Mikaboshi needed attending to himself. The expression Mikaboshi gave Sousuke, that burning hatred and resentment was met not with a mutual hatred and resentment. It was met with... nothingness. Nothingness at first, but then pity. Not pity for himself. Pity for Katuso. Pity for Mikaboshi even. That though was not so evident.

He turned to Kazuki, and then Roku. "I am surrounded by foes on all sides. One less foe makes things more manageable. Roku is right."<i></i> Sousuke explained. "He has allowed us to make changes to the agreement. The Cabal invasion came upon us because of a Suna nin, not because of Mikaboshi. I speak in earnest and absolute that none of the people in this room are a party to that."<i></i> He shook his head. "Likewise we too are capable of plotting as well, we are no different from him."<i></i> He motioned to Mikaboshi. "Different designs for different people."<i></i> He added. He turned to Roku. "The Daimyo right now is our top priority. Whispers, rumors, fact, fiction. Recorded. I have a substantial file. His bastard son, and his legitimate heir are Jashanists. It would lead me to the consideration he is one too, and thus we are in a difficult position when it comes to fighting them due to their bodies being capable of taking a great deal of punishment."<i></i> He rubbed his temple. "Enough bickering between all of us. Debrief Mikaboshi."<i></i> Sousuke had held out his hand and conjured a big thick red file 'The Pain Kings'. "These are my own recordings with sketches. I would like the file returned to me as you found it."<i></i>

Sousuke sighed. One last thing to add. "Oh. Before you leave Mikaboshi."<i></i> The door opened up. "Let nothing ill happen to that body of yours, or that blade. If either occurs, do as you usually have done in the past."<i></i> Find me. Abhorrent it was, but Mikaboshi was using Katuso's body. Mikaboshi knew exactly what to do. Sousuke may not have been able to protect Katuso or save him at this present time, but in time.

[Let's wrap this up?]

Mikaboshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]Despite Kazuki's continued attempts to dissuade Sousuke from agreeing to the truce it seemed as if Sousuke finally relented and was willing to allow the agreement to pass into effect. He already knew that he wouldn't be able to trust the humans that he'd entered into an accord with just now but Kazuki's vehement insistence that there was no way to reliably enforce the treaty meant that he would need to work quicker than slower to ensure that Roku was solidly in his corner. When the time came to unseat Kazuki from Sousuke's right hand he could wield Roku like a caw's paw and be free of the battle entirely to pursue other things. Still, what he'd told Sousuke wasn't entirely untrue -- more so now than ever, really. If there were beings out in the desert claiming the identity of Fuujin and Homura then Mikaboshi would need to pay them a visit. It would be sacrilegious in the extreme to think that a mortal creature might dare to claim the names and legacies of two of the Great Lords but if that were so... they would soon come to regret their decision.

Mikaboshi turned and considered Sousuke's offer as they left. "Do as you usually have done in the past"? Was he offering some kind of olive branch to his former servant? There was a piece of Mikaboshi was that was surprised at that. Against all odds and throughout the threat of destruction that Mikaboshi represented to Sunagakure, it seemed Sousuke was being sincere for his part in the pact. Turning once more without further comment, Mikaboshi awaited Roku at the door.

[Leaving with Roku?]
mikaboshipost.png

roguenin.gif

I'm sorry my brain is super out of it, I just don't want to hold the thread up.Commentary X
[/legend][/col]

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]
It was done. The contract had been signed and there was not turning back now. For better or worse, Sousuke and Mikaboshi were allies once again. Their foe immensely powerful and with endless reserves. His power source? Hundreds of enslaved Ancients whose only purpose was to feed the Sovereign's growing army. Sunagakure was ill prepared to defend itself against such overwhelming odds, but they would have to endure or face their complete demise. To those ends, they were willing to to the unthinkable. It was not long ago that Mikaboshi, the Deep Court Lord, had fought, and defeat, Sousuke and Kazuki. The Ancient had promised to kill, or consume, every last human in the Wind Country, and if they were really unable to lie, then they had to really believe in the creature's promise. The Overlord had suffered a humiliating defeat at the ends of his possible progenitor, and he was not ready to let it go. Not so fast though. And now they were entangled again. Bound by a contract, whose binding was as weak as rotten nails. Belief and faith was all that tied them together. And possible utter doom for them all.

"It is done then. Now we only have to hope for the best and do what we can to survive." the Silvery Haired Man declared as he watched Roku and Mikaboshi leaving the room. He had stay behind purposefully. Mikaboshi had revealed, and confirmed,a suspicion that had been raised by the White Wolf before. The fact that he could be, potentially, half Ancient. The Deep Court Lord practically confirmed it, but there was still the lingering chance it was all a lie. And considering the current stance on Ancients within Sunagakure's halls, there was a quick conversation that had to happen between Reaper and the Kazekage. "If you remember, I told you, before we faced and defeated Zzzax, that there was a chance I was an Ancient, or partly one. There were abilities that I have, that were very similar, if not the same, as they. And judging from Mikaboshi's words, I am a halfbreed. How does that leave us?" he inquired. Much of Sunagakure's future would be played now. Could the Takahashi Highlord suffer the loss of Kazuki's might and that of his clan?​
fnhhf8.png

sand_sennin.gif
[/legend][/col]

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Episode 9: 'Echo in Here?'| ANBU Sennin Arc said:
[col]A smirk would go across his face as Sousuke addressed him about the new top priority before conjuring a file to give Mikaboshi.

"Ha, so the Daiymo is the top priority? Coulda sworn I heard that from someone else in this room not too long ago..."

With his last bit of snark, the white haired man would bow to his Kazekage before heading towards the door with the former Sennin. He would pause at the threshold and gesture for Mikaboshi to exit before him.

"After you."

He would begin once more making his exit with the Lord of the Deep Court.

[Topic Left]
OOC: The return of the short post! Didn't really have a whole lot to say and already held you guys up for a weekend!
|

Personal Data
Fight Data
[/legend]​
[/col]

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke was silent for a time before responding to Kazuki. He heard the sennin speak to him. "Indeed."<i></i> He finally answered. "Mikaboshi is in possession of the last Sunahoshi, using it as a body... his name was ... is ... Katuso."<i></i> He frowned as he looked out the window staring at his own reflection. Wishing that he saw his reflection as Mikaboshi instead of himself. "Katuso had saved Sand, and now he is either dead or controlled, which I could not determine, but if Mikaboshi dies so does Katuso. If there is a one percent chance that I can save Katuso, I have to take it as an absolute. By default this means that I have to save Mikaboshi as well should something or something rises up against him."<i></i> His frowned deepened. "Mikaboshi had been wronged by the Sunahoshi clan long ago. They had a treaty with him and they turned against him."<i></i> He continued to stare at his reflection. "I cannot fight both a war against Ancients, and Soragakure."<i></i> There was also that over watching presence of the Phoenix Force.

The final question caused Sousuke's eyes to narrow. He sighed and ruffled his own hair. "Human souls are a funny thing. The Ancients use them as nourishment. Human souls are believed to go to a place of paradise or torment in death. Perhaps even that is a lie. Perhaps the former of the two fates is what occurs when a human is in the stomach of an Ancient."<i></i> His gaze narrowed further. "There are some that deserve such a fate considering how they've treated others. Some who deserve paradise for their good deeds are subjected to a fate most unfitting."<i></i> He finally turned to look at Kazuki. A rather blank expression it was. "What you've done though is something very different. You are a host to several people, and some of them were my friends. Others I have read and heard about."<i></i> Sousuke laughed. It was a grim and difficult concept to grasp really. Was Kazuki worse or better than his supposed relatives with his legions? "We are where we have always been at."<i></i> He finally answered. "Suna remains to be a problem. I know not where she lurks, or where she is. You and I though? We're as we usually are."<i></i> He hesitated. His secretary's name was far too close. She carried on like Shiori did, in a way. Could be merely a coincidence, it might not be at all.

(MFT)

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]
"Indeed. Mikaboshi is in possession of the last Sunahoshi, using it as a body... his name was ... is ... Katuso. Katuso had saved Sand, and now he is either dead or controlled, which I could not determine, but if Mikaboshi dies so does Katuso. If there is a one percent chance that I can save Katuso, I have to take it as an absolute. By default this means that I have to save Mikaboshi as well should something or something rises up against him. Mikaboshi had been wronged by the Sunahoshi clan long ago. They had a treaty with him and they turned against him.I cannot fight both a war against Ancients, and Soragakure." Sousuke explained the reasons being his adamant decision of allying themselves with a declared foe. Kazuki saw as the Takahashi Highlord gazed the horizon, or perhaps his own reflection, on the sole window of the room. If it were not for the fact that he was speaking, the White Wolf would think the man was lost in thoughts. He now understood why the Kazekage did not refuse the deal with the Deep Court Lord. He still was not fond of it, but at least, there was comprehension. But the Purple Haired Man needed to be reminded of a few facts, if he had forgotten about them. "I do not have to agree with your decisions and I do not have to like them, but I respect them. And I will live through the fallout of our decisions, such as this one. Mikaboshi knows we need him more than he needs us, and he will use that to his advantage. He is probably aware of why you opted to strike this deal with him and he will also utilize it against us. We also know what happens when an Ancient eats a soul. If he is inhabiting Katuso's body, then most likely, the Sunahoshi's soul was consumed and it is gone forever. You could be trying to save a shell. I have no idea if you and Katuso were close, and I understand why you would try to save him, but at the same, you should consider saving yourself from pain." the Silvery Haired Man told him. "If Katuso is truly gone, then there is nothing else worth saving for. I will not hesitate to claim Mikaboshi's essence if it means saving Sunagakure." Suna's Sennin stated.

"Human souls are a funny thing. The Ancients use them as nourishment. Human souls are believed to go to a place of paradise or torment in death. Perhaps even that is a lie. Perhaps the former of the two fates is what occurs when a human is in the stomach of an Ancient. There are some that deserve such a fate considering how they've treated others. Some who deserve paradise for their good deeds are subjected to a fate most unfitting. What you've done though is something very different. You are a host to several people, and some of them were my friends. Others I have read and heard about. We are where we have always been at. Suna remains to be a problem. I know not where she lurks, or where she is. You and I though? We're as we usually are." Sousuke admitted, turning to face Reaper midway through. The Halfbreed would nod. It was not exactly reassuring, but the Kazekage certainly needed time to adjust to the news. "I have called Mikaboshi daddy, but I have immense doubts about it. I am certain a Deep Court Ancient mixed itself with my family years ago, and such genes were passed generation through generation until I was born. And for some reason I unlocked what was dormant and so I became what I am today. I am what I am and nothing will change this fact. Regardless of this revelation, I am still the same man you have met and fought alongside with. I have pledge my loyalty to Sunagakure and my oath remains true as it were before. To me, this changes little, but I need to be certain you will not cast me out because of what I am. I need to know I can trust you like I have been trusting you so far. Ca you do that for me Sousuke?" Kazuki questioned him. Could the Kazekage do it? Or was the Overlord on a path that would mirror Mikaboshi's and Suna's?

"And you are right, we cannot fight a war against such two overwhelming forces. The time has come to shed our mercy away, because we will find no mercy on our enemies side. If they find us in the brink of annihilation, they would not hesitate to stomp us into oblivion. So we must steel our resolve, quell our fears and fight like we have never fought before. The time for indecisiveness is over. It is time to bring the fight to them and use every skill, every resource, every ounce of power at our disposal to defeat them. Takahashi Sousuke, this war marks the last days of old Sunagakure. Are you going to lower your head and flee? Or will stand up and fight?" Reaper questioned him. It was time to become as relentless as their enemies. Sometimes you have to fight fire with fire in order to win. Desperate times require desperate measures and they were desperate as they come. The White Wolf was ready to do everything, but would walk that road with him?

[MFT - 911]​
|[legend="[[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0zdqeivGaU][b][u]United We Stand - Divided We Fall[/u][/b][/url]]"]
fnhhf8.png

sand_sennin.gif
[/legend][/col]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back