Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Under the Star-filled Sky [Contract Search]

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He took a long deep breath as if to feel the wind passing by take hold of him. If he were a bird, he might as well have flown, but he wasn’t and thankfully he wasn’t an idiot or else he would have fallen into a ravine at the bottom of this cliff. He carefully stands near the edge, giving the long fall a good long stare before he straightens his stance and then heads back to the small encampment.

It had been a week already since he had come to the lowlands, as per request by one of his former clients in the nearby town. He had quite the clientele, thanks mostly to his missions from the hospital, regularly sending him to towns outside Kumogakure for medicine delivery or the quarterly check-ups of those too weak to journey all the way to Aesculapium, or to have benchmarking checks of local clinics. Sometimes, those felt more like random chores, to be honest, but every time, Kiri would always end up having to meet new people, new personalities, some becoming friends, others not. And this time, it was one of those friends he had made that personally asked for him.

A local clinic owner’s daughter wanted to go harvesting some rare herbs in the outlands but the owner was ill and the only way to do was to ask for a bodyguard. And who better to ask than the very mednin-in-training who often comes to their little clinic for supply transport and practice checks. It was important that their clinic was at par, both by technology and knowledge, with the ones in Kumogakure per se so that their out of the way town would benefit. It also made accessing patients’ files and transferring of the critically ill to the Aesculapium a lot easier and handling their medical records for correct diagnosis more efficient. Still, they often relied in their herbal healing techniques, of which the daughter was to inherit. As such, Kiri was now accompanying her.

The encampment, a small tent, really, was set up near the base of the mountain. It was far from the falling rocks, and it was near the plains, so it wasn’t hard to get good visuals of the surrounding areas for any incoming strangers or creatures. That was also because it was far more dangerous to have the tent along the mountain itself, since there were too many vantage points to look out for. If she were another shinobi, Kiri wouldn’t have a problem, but as a regular civilian, he had to take extra care and watch over her. For now, he was merely scouting the area.

As he would near the campsite, the daughter was already waving at him. The smoke coming from the cooking pot was a light fog against the setting sun in the horizon. It would be nighttime and then he would have to stay on guard and watch over the camp. He’d been doing so for the most of the week, and he’d often be reminded on how to steal moments of rest for himself during the day. Sometimes, it was embarrassing when he was found dozing off during meals or when he would sit by the camp fire and simply fall off due to snoozing.

“Thank you, really, for coming with me. I know it must be hard for you,” said the daughter as she would serve the dinner soup.

“It’s not a problem. I do own Tatsuya-san a favor. Besides, if I had known, I would be more worried if it was just another guy from town. Who knows what kind of danger lurks in these areas?” answered Kiri, making the latter blush for a bit, which earned a brief chuckle from Kiri.

All jokes aside, the daughter would then explain after dinner how she had found an ample amount for the list of herbs. She had been categorizing them early. Thus, they can travel for home come morning. That sounded splendid to Kiri, knowing that the daughter was probably having a hard time sleeping on a sleeping bag against the hard surface of the ground. And even if the tent protected her from the elements, the first night was a rather eventful one with her screaming and him suddenly in alarm and drawing his sword only to find a bug had invaded her tent and was the source of the dilemma. Well, everyone had their fears, and despite being a brave lass, she was just strangely fearful of bugs.

By the time dinner was done, and things were set for their journey come morning, the daughter would bid Kiri good night before entering the tent. That left Kiri on his own by the camp fire. He would be dimming the light soon, so as not to attract any stray predators of the night. Besides, the star-filled sky and the moon was always a better source for natural lighting.

And with the last bit of of the camp fire extinguishing itself, Kiri began to walk about the area surrounding the camp as part of his rounds. Every now and then he would do so, before returning to sit by the entrance of the tent.

[WC: 866]
[Requesting C-mod]

Tomomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The night had been beautiful and so quiet for everyone that had decided to venture to this particular area of Lightning Country where the protagonist of our story was being a chivalrous gentleman this night. True, he had decided on his own free will to accompany his client out here into the wild unknown of the country, but he was still willing to watch over her and protect her if someone or something would try to harm her in the process while she slept. Luckily for him, there seemed to be no other signs of humanity around these parts and this particular area was swarming with the wildlife as Kiri would be able to hear the casual croaking of a toad or the rawr of one of the wild felines that decided to make their home here. In all honesty, the wildlife was capable of handling its own out here thus Kiri needed to not worry about others of his kind and merely the animals that would love to chow down on his flesh and blood if they had the chance.

Fortunately, he was safe for now as he was making rounds around the campsite to keep his client safe as she slept. However when he would return near her tent, he would be to see a towering figure behind it a few kilometers away. This figure was majestic when it came to its size and it had horns that were reflecting every single color of the rainbow thanks in part to the moonlight that were hitting antlers as it stood there looking at Kiri. Quite honestly, the creature looked truly powerful but also at ease as it would occasionally glance around to check its surroundings before always redirecting its attention back to the protagonist in our story. It spoke nothing however as it examined the Cloud shinobi.

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Everything was seemingly normal. There wasn’t any sign of a breach within his current territory. If there was, he would have sensed it by now and acted upon it without hesitation. It was partly due to the fact that he had to be vigilant and take care of his current client. And it was also partly due to the fact that he knew how one’s slip-up could suddenly turn an event into something unwanted. For the most part, he simply had to keep up his watch for the night and things would go down smoothly come morning. But as he would return to where he was originally sat at, he would feel a strange piercing aura that was seemingly projected at him.

In that instance, Kiri turned to the side, eyes fully wide as he was ready for anything. But perhaps he was not at all ready for what he would find. In the far distance, his sharp senses would allow him to perceive a being with a great and strange aura about it. It was alarming for it seemed capable of such great power. And yet, it also had a sense of control, something he was far off from having. His eyes would remain wide open, a part of him slowly becoming in awe as his vision would become clearer with the moonlight aiding. And by then, he would be able to properly see the said creature, even if by its silhouette, though the beaming colors of its… antlers were quite dazzling.

He gasped when he noticed he walked quite a fair bit before he turned around in worry. He did not want to leave the encampment at a time like this, but he was also interested– too curious for his own good– about this unexpected encounter. As such, he resulted in what he could possibly do, summoning up his chakra and performing a quick jutsu. A poof and then out from the smoke came a copy of himself, droopy-eyed and wearing his usual lab coat when he was at the hospital. In essence, it was one of his clones made specifically for medical assistance, and he figured it would be the smarter plan to have him stay in his stead. Should the client get hurt, his clone would be able to heal her, but that didn’t mean that the clone was incapable of defending her either. In any case, he would know if something happened should the clone be engaged.

Thus, knowing that things were all set by the camp, Kiri went to approach the unknown creature. Even if this was not one of his usual hunts, there was simply something about the strange entity that seemingly magnetized him. Almost as if its very gaze was mystifying and he could not dare to ignore it, let alone look away. Was he under some kind of genjutus? He wasn’t sure. But the only way to find out was to get the answers he needed straight from this unexpected guest.

Tomomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It would only take the person a few moments after first catching the presence of the creature to act accordingly. The question however that the creature was considering was if this assumed shinobi was going to venture over to him and begin to have a conversation with him or decide to simply protect whoever was in the tent that was situated only a little ways away from him. Fortunately for him though, the shinobi would decide to "investigate" him after a poof of smoke would form and another individual was standing beside him. Of course, this creature being wild, but highly more intelligent than the average deer, would have some idea what had just occurred since the shinobi arts were seen around these parts a little bit at least since people were deciding to use the area as a location for combat. Usually if they were using the area for combat however, the area was scarred from a multitude of things from fires to lightning to explosions. In other words, humanity loved to go out from their homes and mess up the homes of others without any sense of remorse or so it appeared from the times that this creature had seen them here.

But, the area seemed to be recovered quite nicely as it seemed the lands could heal just like a human could when they received a simple boo-boo. It was somewhat shocking though that everything had recovered nearly perfectly almost like there was some strange magic in place that was protecting this general area. Yes, quite odd. But for now, the Kumo shinobi would just begin his trek to the animal and would only take a minute or two before he was within a yelling distance, but the deer would say nothing from here. No, he was going to wait until Kiri was closer before anything transpired between them.

The gentle, majestic creature would look down at the shinobi as he was within a few arm's length from him and would properly wait until the man was close enough and situated before be began to talk to him. Once he did however, his tone appeared to be calm and relaxed almost like he had no concerns about a stranger being here with someone slumbering nearby. The larger-than-life deer would speak the following directly to the male: "Hello, Young Man. Do not be afraid as I am not here to harm you or cause you any trouble as I see that you have graced me with your presence tonight. Were you summoned by the individual in the tent for a mission or were you simply being a gentleman and aiding a lady? Regardless, it is very chivalrous of you to be out this late at night in the wild when you could be home with your family and friends having a nice, warm meal or something else that humanity enjoyed to do." Afterwards, he would stand there on his four hooves as he awaited an answer from the male as his attitude would shift momentarily to the tent that wasn't really that far away from them and the strange individual who was standing hard in front of it in nearly complete white. Being an animal of the world, this deer had no idea that the individual was actually a medical assistant or clone that the shinobi had summoned to watch guard over his client until he himself could return to her side.

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was definitely something new. Kiri had never seen a deer this large. In his many hunts, the largest he’d found in the ancient forest was about an adult’s height, but no more. And that was to consider that most of the creatures in the ancient forest were mutated or have adapted to the wild and dangerous surroundings that they grew in size and became more aggressive. That was another thing that was missing at this majestic beast before him. Kiri could see it well – the stature, the tone, and the appraisal gaze it had. It was cautious but also very considerate. If it did held any aggressiveness, whatsoever, it was amazing at hiding it well.

Still, the words that echoed in his head were rather charming to some point. He didn’t think a beast could produce such sensibilities. He always thought his brother was different because he was a human in the past. But perhaps there were to this mysterious creatures than he first thought. So he glanced back to the tent area in the distance, catching a glimpse of his clone seemingly doing situps and yawning before looking at his direction and giving a thumbs up. Perhaps it felt a connection with him and knew he was being looked at that he immediately did so. Kiri never got used to working with clones so he didn’t know how to react to seeing another of himself, but at least he gave a small wave back.

Looking back to the beast before him, Kiri reached out a hand as if trying to touch him. “I don’t really have a family to go back home to-” ah, he stopped his train of thoughts as he thought about the Tsuyoshi. “Well, they are kind of like family but it’s not like we eat dinners together all the time. They’re great, but they know I’m old enough to do things my own way, my own pace.” Then he raised a brow as a thought wondered, “Wait, then what are you doing here? Shouldn’t you also be with your family rather than to being walking at night?”

[WC: 353]
[MFT]

Tomomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
This majestic creature that our hero had stumbled upon was simply beautiful in every aspect as its antlers radiated different hues dependent upon the way that the moonlight was reflecting off of them. If this young man was truly paying attention to this interesting trait, he would notice that they seemed to resemble almost all the color spectrum that one could see on a pretty, little rainbow. However, the young man was likely more interested in this creature that was in front of him considering he had put his hand out to almost attempt to touch the deer-like creature while addressing the questions and giving his own towards the deer. The kid was interesting to say the least if we were to ask the deer in front of him.

In any case, the deer would give a simple nod at the boy before speaking once again. Like before, it was direct, polite, and calm almost like the deer was happy to see another form of life in the shape of a human here. "You are curious about my family, Young Man, but you must understand that I do not have a true family like you. I have lived in this area of your country for centuries in human years. This area and nature are my family and I have seen many beautiful things happen here over the years along with some things that you are much too young to even remember. I have seen life and death occur here and I have seen the beauty and the turmoil that can ravage these lands. Yet, I never allow it to affect me personally as that is how life sometimes works, Young Man."

After he spoke, he would take a brief pause to allow the young adult in front of him to digest what he had just presented to him. It was also just being kind and respectful to allow the other individual in a conversation to have a moment to really soak in your words before you continued. Once it seemed like a reasonable amount of time had passed, the elegant deer-like creature would finish by simply saying the following: "While I do not mind calling you a young man since it is respectful and you have not shown me anything different, may I ask for your name? I only ask because you seem like a shinobi of these lands and it is only common courtesy after all."

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kiri was amazed at listening to the creature’s answer. He knew of the existence of godlike creatures, spirits, and even the dead who simply did not want to rest. And yet, here before him, he was still at awe of the majestic beast before him. It was almost as fulfilling as meeting his brother for the first time. It held an equally important sensation over him that he couldn’t help but nod as he would digest every word that echoed in his mind. This beast was gentle in every way– his tone, his manners, and even his presence. It was quite tempting for Kiri to embrace it. And while Kiri wasn’t known for being gentle with humans– his recent exploits often concerned trouble for others as it was for himself– but he always held a different kind of bond and gentleness towards creatures. Perhaps it was an allusion to his past when he had to survive in the wilderness on his own, only under instruction from his beast brother’s soul. And again, he had long lived to know his brother only in his beast form and had been used to such scenarios that this was more welcoming than a man with open arms.

“I know of another,” said Kiri as he placed a hand along his chest. “But he was small, fragile, though had a big heart. He was brave and protected his brethren to his last breath.” He paused there as he felt a certain amount of guilt inside him which darkened his mood for a brief moment, his hand clenched against his shirt, before he loosened his fingers and then looked up to face the deer again. “I couldn’t protect him as I thought I could, but he gave me a different kind of hope. The slugs of Sakuna Forest were like you, protectors from time immemorial.”

He paused again as he seemed to have remembered something and started patting at his clothes for dust and whatnot, and then facing the deer once more and giving it a polite bow. “I’m Kiri of Kumogakure. Currently, I’m part of the Tsuyoshi Clan, but I’ll always remember that I was once a Hasegawa of Konoha.” He then glances to the side and found a fallen tree. The years it had been there shows, part of it was dried up, while another was blooming with new life in lichen and shrubs. “If you don’t mind my presence, I’d like to stay here for a bit. Sit down. Talk, maybe. It’s easier for me to be more… open when it’s not my kind. That is to say, I’m rather fascinated by you. So will you tell me a story or two, uh...”

Tomomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Once again, this elegant and majestic creature that decided to grace this young man with his presence would listen intently to the man in front of him. As he did, Kiri would introduce himself and provide a little bit of his backstory like his village affiliation and which noble clans of Kumogakure and Konohagakure he was a part of. Due to the number of years that this creature in front of him had, it was likely that he was aware of these historic clans that had cemented themselves into history. However, he would simply nod at the shinobi as the boy finished and inquired about learning about our deer friend some more and maybe hearing a story or two because he was fascinated. It wasn't an unreasonable request at all, and the surrounding area was safe for now, so he was more than willing to spend some time with this child possibly because the man peaked his interest or like Kiri, he was somewhat fascinated about how this man was designed.

As he began to respond, there was that same sense of calmness in his voice. It truly felt like he had no worries about anything in this world and it likely was allowing Kiri to also feel more relaxed which was likely something that he and all shinobi in the world needed. The following would be spoken from him: "You may grace me with your presence if you would like. However, please do not get yourself into trouble for wishing to spend time with me, Young Man. I would check your friend to make sure that she is safe and sound over there before listening to me speak. I will forewarn you though that I have some questions due to your response to me so I wish to speak about them first and foremost." He would then allow the shinobi the opportunity to go over to her if he wanted or needed to. This also allowed the Cloud shinobi the opportunity to change his mind before our little mysterious creature would want to speak more to the man that had stumbled upon him.

If Kiri would decide to stick around regardless of checking or not on the girl, the deer would give him a nod with emulated his gorgeous antlers into the moonlight once again causing them to give off different colors from the rainbow. After the shinobi would be situated, he would speak once more and again there was so much calmness behind his voice: "You could not save this individual, but he gave you hope. That is interesting to hear, Kiri. Would you be willing to tell me how he gave you a different sense of hope as you have peaked my interest. After all, hope is a grand thing to have in this world especially when you have lived as long as I have and seen the chaos that can befall on a region without any warning. I don't have to tell you that though because your eyes show me that you have seen how this world can be cruel at times, am I right?"

The conversation would shift almost immediately after his question that was directed at Kiri. He had turned his attention to Lord Za Kuroi and his slugs that followed under him which the shinobi mentioned mere moments earlier. Once again, a calming voice would leave the creature's lips as he spoke: "You mentioned the slugs of Sakuna Forest earlier. I am curious to know how they are doing as they apparently were stressed about something when their overlord spoke with me last time. I think it might have been something regarding Fire Country and humanity over there, but I personally am not entirely sure to be honest. Understand, Kiri, that I am aged and many animals and humans could learn a thing or two from me if they were willing to sit down and listen."

He would finish by giving a small bow to Kiri as he was ashamed for what he forgot to do after asking for the man's name. His apology would be something like this: "How rude of me. I asked for your name, but never gave mine in exchange. My name is Kazuo."

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kiri could tell how this magnificent beast was different. Even when he met Moro and the rest of the slugs in Sakuna’s forest, there was still something majestic in the deer’s ways. He didn’t miss out the many moments it tilted its head, making its antlers shine against the moonlight. The color that reflected were resplendent and vibrant. It was almost a waste not to be seen by any other mortal man. Then again, Kiri thought that perhaps it was best that way. This gentle creature might end up being targeting by others and that would only create chaos. If he was truly a guardian of this land, Kiri would protect him. Lightning Country was his home now, after all. Everything that resided there was his family, may they be the weakest or the omnipotent.

Kiri paused for a moment and considered the deer’s words before looking back towards the camp. He waved his hands and waited. After a while, he would see that his medical assistant would wave back at his direction. “It’s alright. Everything seems fine over there,” answered Kiri. It was a brief moment of childish selfishness on his part. He had come to be more accepting of the rules, and of abiding procedures to some extent, but moments like this were when he could ally his own curiosity some freedom.

As they would continue, Kiri was thankful for the deer’s sensitive remark. Indeed, Moro was seemingly fated to die at that time, but that did not mean it was the end of everything. And now that the was asked of this question, Kiri became a bit silent. Not that he was somber, but because he felt a little worried as well. “To tell you the truth, I have not been able to contact them much. Once, I asked for assistance but other than that I have yet to return there. I’m quite worried they’re being bothered by those monkeys again. Then again, they are quite resilient, and to take the words of my other slug friend, Kiko, they’re not easily to be beaten. I should trust his word for that. But I suppose, when I get the chance to return to Leaf, I should visit them.”

After a while, the gentle deer would finally reveal his name. Kiri bowed in respect, “No, it’s a pleasure to meet you.” Straightening up, he would proceed, “So, Kazuo-san, if I may ask and if you would like to answer, what do you think about the nature of man? Is it good or evil? Spirits and guardians have a different concept of these, so I would like to know.”

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kazuo listened to the one that was questioning towards them in pure silence. They seemed to understand that they can give out a lot of guidance and indeed followed their words that they could teach a thing or two due to being aged. This wasn’t an issue at all, in fact, Kazuo would love to answer his questions, and probably even give him some knowledge pertaining to them. However, the question was very opinion based, and Kazuo wasn’t too sure how to proceed without sounding wrong.

“Kiri, you must understand, nature isn’t what makes someone good or bad, it’s the actions people take and the way people perceive them… there was a story I once known of a young girl… some people portrayed her as a villain because of an action she was taking, yet she only wanted to undo what she managed to pull off in the first place, which involved her sisters, who… weren’t much better, apparently.”

Kazuo tried their best to tell Kiri their opinion… but he wasn’t sure if it was enough to answer.

“I hope that answers your question, Kiri. If it does not, then I apologise, as I feel there may be no better way to explain, or it will become long-winded and confusing.” The deer admitted, blinking a few times before Kiri, hoping that their face would give out some understanding.

“I must ask in return, as that is a very difficult question to grasp. But come, let’s walk around together, this is a beautiful sight after all, and I would like to take advantage of its beauty. We can continue to talk and keep an eye on the things still.”

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kiri blinks a few times as he listened to the guardian’s words. He could somehow feel a faint trace of sadness in his words, even when he was trying to speak with objectivity. Perhaps, after centuries of observing, such a question was one of those striking ones that often leave even the mystical ones in perpetual confusion because of the changing nature. Needless to say, Kiri understood what the guardian wanted to convey and didn’t press for more.

“I see. It is quite hard to simply pin down the answer of many into one word,” said Kiri as he stood up in acceptance of the guardian’s invitation to walk. He wasn’t sure where they were heading to, he’d have to leave the leading to the guardian that towered beside him. But if there was anything that Kiri knew and felt, it was that this mystical creature was strangely soothing, a chakra pulse that invited a peaceful air about them. Of course, the same could be said with the slugs of Sakuna’s Forest, but also different. Perhaps it was because the slugs had their own quirks and personality that aside from the peacefulness, there was also that fiery personality. Kazuo, on the other hand, was more mystical, both impressively as a spiritual guide and also one of strength.

He smiled at the thought before opening up, “Well, if you ask me. There’s no such thing as good or evil. We are simply both. But those who think they are one or the other, those are the kinds of humans that we should be more wary of. For they will only see one way and will eradicate the other.”

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Upon hearing Kiri’s answer, Kazuo smiled softly as they began to walk around, hoping that Kiri is following them diligently. There was so many things to see and do, and walking around in the middle of the pitch black night seems to be one of them. Well, there was lots of things to do in the night itself, Kazuo has seen quiet parties, loud parties, even nights where people have sleepovers, and lectures. All under the star-filled sky, and Kazuo loved witnessing them, it shown the bonds of friendship, and sometimes even love.

Suddenly, while walking, pain struck itself all around one of the legs that belonged to Kazuo. They tried to move, but alas, they struggled to. It seemed that Kazuo got their leg stuck in a contraption and after looking down, they gasped in horror and screamed out some more.

It appeared to be a trap, and not just any type of trap. It appeared to be a horrendous and rusty trap, and it had it’s grasp around Kazuo. Kazuo was not making things better for himself. In fact, they were panicking, their breathing could be heard, and they were ready to try to kick it off them as much as possible, but instead, they looked back to Kiri, pain written all over their face, and their legs trembling in pain.

“Kiri…” The animal groaned as they looked back down to their leg, a crimson colour started to trickle down their leg, and this only panicked them more. “I require assistance. Please, help me by getting this contraption off me. Then maybe we should check for more traps and disarm them, they could be very dangerous for the animals and I don’t want them to suffer what I am suffering now.” The deer winced in pain as they spoke. “Please…”

Kazuo was worrying and couldn’t understand a few things, the traps shouldn’t be around in the first place. Everyone probably managed fine without touching them, but for them to suddenly be here is very strange. So a sweep of the place would probably be helpful to Kazuo and to the others that will decide to tour around this area. Maybe catching the culprit as well would be in top order, if the traps were recent anyway… Which, Kazuo suspected so.

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As they would walk along the land, the bright moon shined over Kazuo’s antlers and it radiated in different colors. It was truly magnificent that Kiri couldn’t help but be in awe. However, such a feeling would be short-lived as he would sense distress in the guardian. Despite being an ancient guardian, Kazuo was very much in touch with reality and the trap that caught his foot would not go unnoticed. Kiri quickly came to his side before he glanced around the area. “It would be problematic, indeed. Stay calm for now. I’ll get to it.”

Speaking, Kiri would pull out something from his belt pouch. It looked like a small device before he coursed his chakra energy through it, seemingly activating it. He would then throw it out into the open and as soon as it dropped on the ground, a wave of chakra would blast like a shockwave across the land. It made a rattling noise before all the traps in the area were seemingly found, activating and snapping shut on the surface. “Looks like there was quite a lot. Poachers, perhaps? I don’t know. Unless they were particularly aiming for something, it wouldn’t be this drastic. A normal hunter wouldn’t resort to such wasteful means.”

Kiri then knelt next to Kazuo’s leg and place a hand on the trap that caught it. “Stay still. I’ll try to disarm it, though it might sting as the chakra might course into your leg.” He would warn the guardian before he harnessed his chakra into a sparking light that caught onto the trap. Moments later, it would touch upon the spring mechanism and loosen it. That was all Kiri needed as he would then use brute force to open the trap. He would then apply a healing jutsu on the guardian’s limb before he looked back at all the uncovered traps.

“I’ll clear these ones away,” he said as he made a seal and reached out his arm in front of him. A different nature of his chakra would suddenly gather and slowly, the traps began to hover before they all flew towards him. They halted just before his hand before they dropped to the ground as Kiri released his hold over his gathered chakra. “Yes, from the looks of it, these traps were meant to target something more than just the ordinary creature of this land.”

[WC: 398]
[MFT]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kazuo wouldn’t know what to do if it wasn’t for Kiri. They most certainly knew what they were doing. Kazuo knew they were also lucky though, because if it wasn’t for Kiri in the first place, they wouldn’t of received the help they needed, so when Kiri said they were to stay calm, and that Kiri would get to it. Kazuo felt relief.

Kazuo couldn’t see what they were doing properly as they were too focused on trying to keep themselves busy, trying to forget the pain that decided to intrude on their leg. However, forgetting the pain was pretty hard, they couldn’t walk, nor could they do anything else to keep themselves busy, even as they tried their best to remember the happy memories that they have experienced, it was hard. They wanted the trap to go away and for the rest of the traps to be gone too, but they also knew that would take time.

Suddenly, sounds of trapping could be heard, since the sound startled the deer, it would also make them panic more, making them think that the traps have caught someone else within their function. It caused Kazuo to scan the area in a panic. They only calmed down when Kiri mentioned that there was quite a lot of traps. It most certainly felt nice to know that Kiri had knowledge with what they were doing, even going as far to tell Kazuo to stay still in order to start their attempt at disarming the trap, which they done so with ease. That was when chakra shot right up their leg, and it made Kazuo stumble a bit. In fact, it caused the deer to land on the floor, with their legs spread out. Sure, they looked like a right idiot, but considering the trauma they just experienced, they also looked much more relaxed.

Watching Kiri while they were on the floor, he really did assist as much as he can, causing the deer to smile. “I thank you, Kiri. The animals will most surely be safe now.” He admitted, trying to get up on his legs, but failing epically because the moment they tried to, they simply landed back on the floor. “It seems I cannot move for a while… that's a shame…” They mumbled before looking down. “I hope this doesn’t bother you.”

Kazuo was a little worried, worried that they wouldn’t be able to walk properly again for a while, even getting up took a lot more effort now, and they just didn’t have the energy to do so.

“I wonder… what they wanted…” They mumbled more before yawning. It seemed that Kazuo was getting rather sleepy.

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kiri managed to deal with the traps on his own. He had hoped that it would be enough, even if for just tonight. But as he was helping Kazuo, the deer guardian would fall back down. It was understandable that the latter was injured, and perhaps frightened even if he was a large spirit guardian. Maybe it was his own fear of the humans that were always unexpected in their devious ways. Nonetheless, Kiri would approach Kazuo and keep a hand on the leg to produce more healing chakra around it. “It’s alright. We can stay and sit under the stars for as long as you need. There isn’t much need for anything right now,” replied Kiri as he would then make for a sit next to the spirit guardian. “And don’t worry so much. You said you’ve lived for centuries… or thousands of years, in fact. If something as simple as this could keep you down, you wouldn’t have survived all these years. The fact that you’re a guardian of this mountain, a spirit that dwells between the spiritual and the corporeal realm, shows how much power you possess.”

Kiri gave the deer a mischievous poke on a woundless leg, and then patted him. “I know it must be terrifying to think that other animals, those who are more vulnerable than you, are more than likely to suffer more, but this is what it means to live. We all takes risks and we all have moments of despair, but that doesn’t mean their lives, no matter how little or fragile they are, are weak. Of course, that’s also why it’s important for the people who protect them to also be wary and make sure they safe.”

After a few more minutes, Kiri would feel that Kazoo was getting tired, so he kept his hand on the deer’s limbs. He was a giant, and to think that such a great guardian would seem so vulnerable was almost impossible. He was no ordinary deer either, that was already something he was certain of, but he also knew that as a living and breathing creature, there were always limits to everything. “Well, whatever they wanted, I’m certain they were willing to be expend as much resources, even if it was futile. But, it’s okay now. If you want to rest for a bit, I’ll stay here and accompany you. It must have been lonely in all those years.”

Yen
ASP
Deaths
There have been a lot of things happen indeed in the time that the deer stayed alive, but this was not one of them. In fact, it was much different. Usually, after some healing, ancient creatures like he would usually be strong in standing and such again, but to feel so weak afterwards wasn’t right at all… it was as if something was attacking the deer from the inside. Kazuo didn’t want to tell Kiri his thoughts just yet, but that was fine, right now, he simply enjoyed just having Kiri’s company.

“You’re right, Kiri. I have managed to stay strong for this long, I thank you for reminding me, sir.” He mentioned as he looked over to Kiri, he was happy that Kiri wanted to spend time with him during this weakened phase. It was rather nice though, if he was going to be honest. Just being here with him, getting comforted and spoken to. It was… really nice…

“Yes Kiri, it has been… rather lonely here, I have managed it though. I just wish I could walk normally after that incident. Something is clearly wrong… I wonder if they placed anything on them traps… can you check them thoroughly?? I know it probably didn’t help that I panicked but I need to know…”

It was strange for Kazuo to ask a few things for their own benefit, but they knew fine well that it was probably better for someone like Kiri to check. They just hoped that it wasn’t too difficult of a task, they didn’t want to tire Kiri out after all.

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kiri could understand the deer guardian’s worries. It would be completely useless for the trap to be as simple as that. There was definitely something there. But before that, Kiri would pull out a sheet of paper from his pant pocket. On the surface of the paper was a circle with runic markings pretty much like a seal. He would then gather his chakra along his hand as it coursed through and onto the sheet of paper. Soon enough, the markings on the surface would glow in azure as per his chakra nature’s color, before a sudden poof. A short-lived smoke would soon begin to dissipate to reveal a small orange slug on his hand.

Immediately, the slug would nuzzle Kiri’s hand before its head arched to the side and noticed Kazuo. No doubt that the slug summon had noticed and recognised the power that lived within Kazuo, bowing its head lightly before looking back up to Kiri. “This is Tomo, one of my slug friend from Sakana’s Forest. He may be small but he’s quite competent,” said Kiri as he reached down to place Tomo on Kazuo’s leg, before nodding. At that, Tomo would begin to move about and lather a great deal of slime along Kazuo’s leg. “He’ll make sure there wasn’t any form of toxin that may lingered.”

Then, Kiri would approach one of the traps and crouched over it. He carefully lifted on and began to examine it. Being a medic, he knew a thing or two about potential chakra severing or illness inflicting poisons and other such things. As a hunter, himself, Kiri knew of the mechanics of traps, though not as thoroughly as a real trap master, but he knew well enough to examine these traps. “While the configurations of the mechanism is quite well-made, there doesn’t seem to be any sign of a hidden trap mechanism. It could have been coated, though, with poison, but there are only faint traces now. The poison had long expired. In other words, these traps had been here for quite some time.” Nodding, Kiri would look back to Tomo, watching the slug diligently work to slime Kazuo before the young slug would look up and smile at him. “Tomo says there’s no trace of poison, but he gave a bit more of healing slime to quicken the muscle strengthening of your leg.”

Suika

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As Kiri went to work, the deer guardian could not help but to be further impressed. The white-haired man was proving himself not only as great company, but knowledgeable in many areas. What resonated with him the most was Kiri's demeanor throughout the whole ordeal. His words, like a physician, were soothing and assuring. Who knew a mortal this young could calm an old stag like himself? He chose to be silent throughout Kiri's procedure, but kept an eye of admiration on the shinobi. The slug Kiri summoned, too, also did a wonderful job. Kazuo felt his vigor returning.

After the procedure, the grand deer attempted to stand. It was a success! He was a bit wobbly as his strength hadn't fully returned, but the combined efforts of Kiri's healing proficiency and Tomo's slime definitely did its work. With more zeal and pride in his stature, the stag towered graciously over Kiri and performed what looked like to be a bow.

“Thank you, Kiri, Tomo, I feel a lot better. You have done far more for me than I deserve, and for that I am indebted. If only there was a way I could repay you-” The stag shot his attention west of them as his senses went off. From afar, an audible cry, probably coming from another deer, could be heard in the distance. Although not completely recovered, the guardian rose courageously to the occasion. He had to help his people!

“Kiri, you have done so much for my kind already, so feel free to go if you choose. It seems the rampant traps have ensnared another of my kind. I will now go to their aid. Feel free to join, too, but do not feel obligated to.” Taking a few unsteady steps, Kazuo regained his balance and then sprinted with urgency toward the cry for help. At this point, Kiri could stay behind, or he could follow the guardian toward the noise. There was no stopping the deer's protective instincts.

If Kiri arrived at the scene with Kazuo, the two would catch sight of a female deer being dragged by the hooves from what appeared to be hunters. They were pulling the animal into a small compound that read, "Hunter's United".</FONTFACE>

eLOzSLP.png
<FONTFACE fontface="georgia">

The guardian readied himself to charge in to save the pained doe. Kiri had a decision to make, too. What would it be?

OPTIONS:

1. Kiri can go attack the hunters with the guardian. If so, they will be able to save the female deer, but the rest of the hunter's compound will be on high alert and will direct their attention toward the group.
2. Kiri can advice Kazuo not to charge in and wait for their moment. He will listen to Kiri's advice, but the female deer will lose a considerable amount of blood in the process and will be near death. This will allow them to be in stealth and possibly infiltrate inside.
3. ??? (Basically, if the two options don't apply to you above, choose your own path! But know, the rewards and consequences will not be noted to you until the next RP)

[OOC: Taking over this mod as discussed and continuing it based off my own creative interpretation on how the story proceeds. Thank you!]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back