Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

ANBU Class: Murder in the Name of the Raikage

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths

In was unorthodox for an ANBU class to be held in the forest, as normally there were certain jutsu and advances that the normal public weren't necessarily supposed to see. However, with permisison by the sennin, the woman most called by her surname wanted to make it both a good training exercise as well as a advertisement for young shinobi to start thinking about their career. Yes, a new age limit had been instated by Nobuyuki, but rules were made to be broken right? That and the sennin really didn't feel like arguing with a woman who in no way shape or form would ever stop arguing. He was much too busy.

So there she was, waiting out in front of the Ancient forest for her charges to arrived, mask equipped. They were to properly masked and outfitted as if they were on a mission. She had a special task for them today, and it would track just how well they were doing regarding their status in the ANBU branch. Hyobanshi stood before a quadra of masked trainees who stood and talked amongst themselves. Her arms were folded across her chest as she waited for the rest to arrive. Meanwhile, she had several ANBU who were good with earth ninjutsu errecting walls around areas of the forest, temporarily of course. This was to make somewhat of an arena for the special event she had planned.

Outside of the masked group, began gathering some bystanders who were curious to see the ANBU in this plain as day situation. Perhaps even some regular shinobi would show up to watch as well. Nearby, some strange looking ANBU had prepared camera feeds from inside the forest and they finally began sending signals; this was going to recorded and shown to bystanders live. Just what was going on?

"All who wish to participate in this little class, feel free to step forward and wait for instruction! Trainees of the ANBU are obviously required and cannot sit out." she shouted with a giddy smile, though it couldn't be seen behind her mask.

Osuteno

Yen
ASP
Deaths
oj1f0y.jpg

Katsumi approached the clearing masked and ready for combat. She became more than a little unsure when she saw the cameras though. There was always the chance her mother would find out about her being an AiT and that would go over... less than well. But that would not make fer shirk her duty to the village... But just in case it would probably be best to avoid using her Kekkei Genkai. Silently she walked towards those gathered in front of the instructor and await instruction. She looked around at those speaking and at the walls being erected not bothering to speak herself. Obviously not for privacy otherwise there wouldn't be cameras. All in all Katsumi was unsure of what exactly was going on here. She was doing her best not to be in sight of too many cameras though. Her mother would quite literally kill her if she found out and she would have to continue hiding the fact she was an AiT until she became an ANBU and left the clan... which was going to take much longer now that the Sennin raised the age limit on her. Standing at attention, her feet already began moving up to the line in front of the instructor before the order was finished. Maybe she could get away with using just wind jutsu. By habit her water jutsu came out as blood and she did not wish to make herself that obvious. If it came down to it she would focus on using genjutsu, though that would largely depend on the task at hand. Her skills were more suited to interrogation though she could handle her own in a fight. What was the instructor doing inviting anyone who wanted to an ANBU exercise? No, it wasn’t her place to question her superiors… but still why?​

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Nobu only just recently informed Shimete that an Anbu class was being set up and of course she would be joining it. Though on her way towards the ancient forest, in which the class would be held, Shimete noticed something unusual. The location of the class was being televised to the public; this changes things. If this turnout to be a battle oriented class, being able to see what the camera sees would be a tactical advantage. The question is who will stays and who goes. With beast clone either one of them can represent the identity of Fenlen(Wolf Child). Shimete would be the stronger choose, but Izumi has her advantages as well. However the consequences for deceit could be harsh So Shimete decides to go. As Shimete ran towards the class Izumi watched the TV. Without Izumi Shimete’s bloodline was considerably less than apparent. Bandages covered her entire body under her cloak and a blank mask adorn her face. When she got there she stood next to Katsumi awaiting instructions from the teacher.

Nara Raian

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shin looked at the crowd of people that were gathering for the ANBU class, his blue eyes narrowing at the camera feeds. His mask was secured tightly on his face, his curly hair covering part of it, forcing his the pushing the hair back. He wasn't sure what he was expecting when he had received the notice about a class being held in middle of the forest, but this wasn't it. For a branch that prided it' self on secrecy, it was odd to have their trainees broadcast to random people. At least we still have our mask.
Shaking his head he found his spot next to the rest of the trainees and waited. He was interested on how this was going to plan out, but he might as well be focused on the task rather than the outside noise surround them.

Tsuyoshi Junko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tsuyoshi Yoshi said:

Rp said:
Yoshi had been training in the ANBU's facility for quite sometime. He was becoming more accustomed to the ANBU's ways and he often dreamt about his family. After being informed of the class, Yoshi put on his mask and fully equipped himself. Wasting no time getting there, he stood giving small talk amongst some of the other trainees he was becoming familiar with. Often, they praised him on his efforts and skills.
Humbled though, Yoshi simply accepted the kind words and gloating.

Surprisingly, the entire thing was being televised. "Didn't expect to be in the open with all these cameras." Yoshi thought taking note of the familiar forest. Looking to the teacher Yoshi smirked at the woman. She was a redhead, it seemed as if he couldn't escape them.

"All who wish to participate in this little class, feel free to step forward and wait for instruction! Trainees of the ANBU are obviously required and cannot sit out."

Listening, Yoshi waited for things to begin.

Yoshi - Npc
Topic Entered

Sukuna Kiyo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S

ofkeVO_U374PCmfXcdHGXHaRJ73KTYUY-bCJW6-OKoA=w480-h360-no

Akane was just out and about, planing on doing some training inside of the forest, and maybe pick some herbs. She expected the forest to be silent, and almost free of any other humans, but she was mistaken. She heard the sound of voices, and movement. Guided by the sound, Akane jumped through the trees. She found a wall, and used the tree to get over it, she wondered what was going on. Not to long until she found a group of ANBU. She had no clue that most of this group were just ANBU in training. She believed herself to have made a mistake again, by jumping over that wall.

Akane was about to turn and take off, but words that interested her hit her ear, a class? She was curious, she wanted to see what was so special about the ANBU. She was an MiT, and expected a promotion soon, but she wanted a peak at all the branches. So she jumped out of the tree, and landed next to the group of participants. Maybe they wouldn't notice the difference? Though she doubted it, it didn't take a genin to notice that one she wasn't wearing a mask, and two arrived after the rest. Oh well, Akane would just flow with it.

Today Akane was wearing one of her training/battle uniforms, it was skin tight, stretchy, and easy to move around it. The color scheme was black, and some hints of red. Akane was wearing a red scarf, one she had for a year or two now, and she usually wear it for comfort. Her red blade was hanging on her left side, ready to be used today. Whether or not if they kicked her from the class.​

Topic entered :p

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Zaku arrived in due time, stepping forward to stand next to Yoshi. He may have been masked, but after spending so much time training along side him, Zaku knew who he was based on stature and other features.

"Yo Tensai~" he chuckled as he approached from behind. Calling him by his callsign was weird. The Ishikawa too was wearing his mandated face mask, though he was having much more trouble adjusting to it that most people did. He hated feeling his own breath against his skin. It was far too hot and moist. "The sacrifice for anonymity I suppose." he thought to himself.

He took a look around to get an idea of what might be going on. Like the rest of them, he noticed the cameras sticking out like a sore thumb. "Wonder what those are about?" he mumbled, gesturing with his thumb over to the screens and electronics. It was pretty strange for such an elusive group to be putting on such a show. His attention shifted to the red headed ANBU, hiding behind her mask. Sensei Hyobanshi. She was the one who had been kicking their asses in the training sessions for the past few weeks.

Speaking of red hair... His attention turned to the new arrival, she who had shown up before him. She wore no mask and didn't appear to be scrambling for one. Perhaps this was one of the few who took up the invitation to join the party. Zaku wasn't usually the morbid type, but there was a reason the ANBU didn't live as along as those in the other branches. "You got balls girl. If you live, we should hook up some time and grab a bite to eat." he commented. His voice held no sarcasm, in fact it was pretty calm and ordinary. He always had a thing for redheads, and it had been a long while since he had been outside of the sileo.

Sukuna Kiyo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S

Once Akane hit the ground, she already noticed strange stares, she didn't mind though, she already got strange stares in the hospital for looking like a younger and shorter Kitsune. Akane did sense a familiar presence, someone she knew was here, she sensed Yoshi. A grin appeared on her face, but she wasn't exactly where he was. Until another ANBU spoke directly towards her. She faced the young man, and instantly knew that was Yoshi standing next to him. She trotted over to the two.

If she lived, she almost laughed at that. "I'll live, I didn't train for four years with him just to die in an ANBU class." She stated, nodding her head towards Yoshi. "Though if you want to make a bet, I will be glad to accept it." She stated with a grin, She used to make these kinds of bets with Yoshi, and Kunashi all the time. She was always ready to accept a challenge, well a Logical one at least.​

Tsuyoshi Junko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tsuyoshi Yoshi said:

Rp said:
"Yo Tensai~"

Turning his head, Yoshi Smirked behind his mask. An all too familiar voice was approaching. "Yo Himitsu~" Yoshi said giving him a pound. The sounds of sighs and teeth sucking could be heard simultaneously as some students were already accepting defeat in what ever challenge was ahead. Himitsu Tensai was becoming quite popular, and judging from Some of the reactions, hated as well. Chuckling a bit, Yoshi shook his head.

"Wonder what those are about?"

"Who knows, but it wouldn't surprise me if sensei Wanted to torture us and have it for her amusement later. Perhaps she filled all her slots with the snapshot jutsu already." Yoshi said jokingly with a hint of seriousness. Pausing, Yoshi turned towards a well familiar redhead that joined the party. The beautiful Rose.

It had been quite sometime, but Yoshi could still feel her lovely presence. It was nice to see a piece of family. Suddenly, Himitsu started something that made Yoshi want to laugh and face palm. He already knew what was coming next, and it surely would. A bet.

"I'll live, I didn't train for four years with him just to die in an ANBU class."

Smirking behind his mask, Yoshi wasn't surprised rose noticed him right off the back. Nodding back with a mutual understanding, Yoshi looked to Zaku to see his reply.

"Though if you want to make a bet, I will be glad to accept it."

Placing a hand on Zakus shoulder, Yoshi began shaking his head. "Don't feed into it." Yoshi said trying to give him a warning. The girl before him was a champion when it came to bets. Knowing his partner though, he wasn't the type to back down from a challenge. Especially a challenge that would get him a date. It would surely be an interesting deal. Oddly, Yoshi wasn't jealous, or extremely shy towards Akane. Perhaps the ANBU had began to change him already.

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Zaku was honestly taken by surprise by her response. It brought a smile to his face. She even wanted to make a bet, and Zaku was not the type to let a challenge go unanswered, especially when it came to gambling. He had a bit competitive bone in his body.

But his fellow ANBU was there to give him a word of warning. It was obvious that these two knew each other somehow, probably from before their training period began. And while he would have liked to listen to Yoshi, the blonde simply couldn't resist. "I enjoy beating people at their own game." replied Zaku with a very intense tone of competitiveness. "But I wouldn't know what we would even bet. We don't even know what we are doing in the class. I don't wanna bet that you won't survive, that'd just be fucked up."

Sukuna Kiyo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S

Akane looked towards Yoshi, he seemed to have changed some, he wasn't exactly the same man she called a close friend. It made feel tense, and a little sad, though she wouldn't allow it to show on her face. She just hoped he wouldn't be a stranger to her, once he was free to come visit family.

Her attention turned back to Zaku. She hummed lightly in thought. "Well I saw walls being placed around this area, so this class might be a battle simulation. But then again I could be wrong." She explained, she also thought it could be a set of duels as well, it seemed awfully like they were making a areana. She doubted it'd be teaching any anbu techniques, by the amount of cameras, and civilians around. So this seemed like a show of power.

Akane then turned her attention back to Yoshi, as she was not sure when the next time she would be able to speak to him freely would be. "Hey Yoshi, I wanted to tell you that I have missed you very much, since you have left." She started, then she bowed her head slightly. "I also never had the chance to tell you thank you, again, for healing my head wound, and saving me." She stated honestly, though she did not want to make her emotions appear, as she did not want to start crying again, she used to be a big cry baby, but she had learned to hold it in, at least until she got home. She looked at Yoshi again. "When you have finished your training, and when you have some free time, you should visit me. I will be sure to get you a gift." She said, then nodded to him, showing him her unique cheerful grin.​

Osuteno

Yen
ASP
Deaths
oj1f0y.jpg

Katsumi's eyes shot towards the trio who were speaking rather freely. The redhead seemed to be an outsider who decided to join in on the lesson, as much as it bothered Katsumi that such an invitation existed. Still, it wasn't her place to question her superiors. A different matter entirely was this Himitsu character. Hooking up? He could not be serious. Even the most foolish trainee had the meaning if not the words of the regulations memorized.

What next surprised Katsumi is the the redhead seemed to KNOW who was under that mask. That particularly strained Katsumi's nerves. She had gone through hell for years now to hide her status as an AiT from her clan and here was a man, no a boy as his irresponsibility appeared to prove, who acknowledged someone outside of the branch stating their acquaintance. Calm. Breathe. If others wanted to forget regulations and act fools that was their business. She would not get involved. Right as she had just about convinced herself to ignore them she heard the redhead name the one "Yoshi." She was marching towards them before she knew it.

"I would suggest you call him by the name Tensai, his call-sign." She arched an eyebrow as she said the name, not that anyone could see it behind her mask. Genius indeed. "More for his sake than your own. We are supposed to take great stock in secrecy in our branch." She turned her head to make it clear the tone in her voice was directed at her fellow trainees. "Though I suppose some might forget that from time to time. Such as when they see a pretty girl and want to 'hook up' despite the very first rule that should come to their mind. Despite knowing that while on the missions we will one day be expected to carry out as ANBU, simple mistakes could mean death for the whole squad if not a threat to the village. Even when kidding around there should be a good deal of professionalism so long as as one wears the mask."

Shaking her head Katsumi turned her head back towards Akane, using a more friendly tone. "I don't expect you to know our rules but I really do mean it when I say secrecy is for your friend's sake as much as yours. Perhaps next time Tensai visits," she said the words with a hint of exasperation, "he can take the time to make sure you are better informed about our regulations since he at least trusts you enough with his identity." She held out her hand to shake. "If you need a name you may call me Shitsumonsha. I know Questioner is not quite the friendliest call-sign, if you know what it implies, but it is a bit more honest than some." The last statement was unquestionably wry but who knew exactly where it was directed. Leaning in a bit she whispered just loud enough for Akane to hear, "I do hope you win something amusing out of your bet with Himitsu, whatever it is we are doing today. Some people need to be made a fool once or twice before they grow." She didn't say it as if she wanted Himitsu humiliated for the sake of humiliation, but rather because while confidence was fine, even necessary to a degree, cockiness needed to be straightened out.​

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Shimete just stood there seemingly unphased by the situation going on nearby. However such blatant disregard to the rules was hard to ignore. Her anger did not show however and she manage to continue standing there like a silent guard. Telling herself it is not her place to intervene, but she thanked Moro when Katsumi berated them. If Katsumi would return to her spot Shimete would gladly shake her hand and introduce herself by her codename Fenlen of coarse. Shimete can only imagine what the teacher would do about this, because Shimete was sure she wasn't to happy about it either.

Nara Raian

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shin looked over at the group of ANBU conversing, his eyes widening slightly as he recognized the female outsider speaking with two of his fellow members. The last time he had meet Akane, she a had been a child. A little naive and clumsy when dealing with people, but friendly none the less. Now she looked much older, and unless Shin had been unconscious for a few years, people didn't just grow up from child to teenager in the span of a month. But that had taken took a back burner for a moment as he noticed one the ANBU breaking protocol; his identity recognized by the red head. At-least from what he could tell from her familiarity it seemed with his fellow trainee. Shin clicked his teeth slightly, but he drew his gaze to another ANBU who seemed to berated the man and girl for revealing his identity as well explaining the reasoning for the secrecy. He wasn't make close attention to the previous encounter but it was a rather entertaining moment.

At-least his identify wasn't being broadcast to a the entire village. I doubt the teacher would appreciate that fact at all Turning his eyes away from the group he began scanning the crowd once more, attempting to see if he knew any of the trainee standing around talking. He noticed Shimete instantaneously, though he was to far away to make proper conversation. Shin looked back at the teacher for the class and waited. He could make conversation with the rest of the ANBU later, he was still curious out the reasoning for the cameras. Maybe an evaluation of the trainee expertise between one another? But why have random bystander viewing their abilities if that was the case. It didn't sit well with him, not making him nervous but rather annoyed at the lack of knowledge. His muscle tense has he continued to wait, his body ready to spring at a a moments notice.

Kazu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Kotsuko exhaled a steady stream of white smoke, the wispy particles that made up the burning ash floated up and around his face as they were carried by the gentle breezes of the forest. He'd felt something a while ago: a strangely large amount of metal had been brought in to this area, where no metal existed naturally. There were few things that could warrant such a grand event to be held, unannounced to the village. Kotsuko made it his business to check up on thecuriously unannounced things that happened around this village, so he had taken off the rest of the day at the hospital to check out what was happening here. He'd already finished all of his research for the day anyways, and the staff could always message him if he needed to get back for a surgery. Having set out, the young boy followed the pull of his chakra, guiding him towards the source of the metal he had sensed. As he got closer, he could hear the sound of work being done, people shuffling around, and of low murmurs and voices. As he continued even closer, he noticed a few other people walking in the same direction as the young boy—no doubt, they were going to the same place he was. It didn't take long for the wall that had been erected to become obvious, and the stands where civilians were sitting and chatting. Raising an eyebrow, the young boy realized something was definitely going on that required his attention. Stamping out his cigarette, the young boy joined the crowd as he blended in with the other onlookers. He moved to get a better look at what was going on.

Dozens of shinobi, all wearing blank masks and standing at attention, were positioned at the center of everything. A woman, who seemed to be the leader or the one who was in charge of this event, stood at the helm of it all. Glancing around, the young boy noticed the television screens that had been set up everywhere, pointed directly at the people standing in the center. What was all of this? Kotsuko had definitely become curious, wondering what exactly was the goal here. He decided to stick around a little bit more, and see if anything interesting were to come of this little event. He stood off to the sidelines, blended in with the rest of the crowd.

[ooc: Observing for now.]

Tsuyoshi Junko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tsuyoshi Yoshi said:

Rp said:
As expected, Himitsu wouldn't back down. Despite wanting to, Yoshi didn't sigh. Instead, he simply paid close attention to the instructor as he had the feeling that things were about to begin soon. Unfortunately, the devil decided to curse the young Tsuyoshi today as Akane walked up to him once more.

"Hey Yoshi, I wanted to tell you that I have missed you very much, since you have left."

"I also never had the chance to tell you thank you, again, for healing my head wound, and saving me."

"When you have finished your training, and when you have some free time, you should visit me. I will be sure to get you a gift."

Listening to her words, Yoshi was eager to respond, but remained quiet. Of course, if he was outside of his uniform, she would've received a proper hello. Every bone in his body wanted to hug her, catch up, and just talk. Knowing the consequences of possibly having every single one of those bones broken, Yoshi gave Akane the cold shoulder. So cold, chills ran down his own spine. Looking at Himitsu, Tensai cocked his head in a completely confused state. Showing that she had the wrong person.

Akane didn't know nothing about the ANBU, so it wasn't her fault. Hopefully, she wouldn't take things to heart too much. Knowing her though, she would and would likely hide it. Yoshi would have to explain at some later point. No matter what, he'd always be recognized by loved ones and close friends. They wouldn't be loved ones or close if they didn't. Similar to how a parent would usually always recognize their child.

In moments, the obedient one approached. A dog that simply obeyed and lived by the rules. Unlike her, Yoshi had a mind of his own. He refused to let things like rules hold him back. After all, sometime they have to be broken. This time, her obedient ways actually worked towards helping Yoshi. After the explanation, Akane would surely understand. Meanwhile, whispers floated about.

"Did the Genius goof up? Wait, I think she had the wrong person. He's slipping! Maybe we do have a chance in the class! Nah, he never slips... Does he? Did the human rule book save the day? Ah man, I was hoping for a scolding or something. You guys better hush or Himitsu Tensai might make us pay later."

Looking to Himitsu, he would probably already know what Tensai was thinking. "Just my luck..."

Watching the television screen amongst the other viewers, sat The prodigy brothers, waiting for things to begin.

Junko/Aiko Entered

Sukuna Kiyo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S

Akane was a little drawn back as Yoshi had suddenly become silent, maybe there was a rule that while in uniform, they were only allowed to talk to other ANBU, the other boy did seem to be like a rule breaker to her. Though she didn't know the real reason why, she knew there had to be a reason why he would give her the cold shoulder. She kept a calm and collected on the outside, but she couldn't help but feel hurt.

Soon though, it seemed like the rule book person came straight over to them, Akane couldn't see her face, but the air around them only became more tense. The girl didn't seem to hesitate to tell Akane what was up, in which, earned her Akane's instant respect. Akane was one to take knowledge and keep it, and when given new knowledge, she enjoyed it very much. It kinda made her feel better. She couldn't help hear the whispers about Yoshi. She felt extremely bad now, she had screwed up.

Akane bowed her head both respectfully and apologetically between the girl, and "Tensai. "I am very sorry, I did not know." She stated, she would have to remember the new name. THough the girl made her feel a little better, but why couldn't Yoshi say this, 'dont call me by name.' Instead he gave her the cold shoulder and completely ignored her. Speaking to an ANBU in front of her even. So she wasn't sure, maybe he wanted nothing to do with her anymore. All she had to go off of was assumptions, which often happened when someone did not give her enough information.

Akane showed a smile, though her thoughts were anything but happy. Her attention went to the girl, as at least she gave her the information she wanted, and she probably was keeping within protocol as well. Akane took her hand, and shook it firmly, her code name was a mouth full... Akane would not remember it very well, but she would try. "Thank you... Shitsumansha." She said the name slowly, but at least got it the first time. "I am Tsukino Akane, of the Shinrya clan. I am a mednin in training, so secrecy is not a well known thing to me." She explained with a grin. Though she would of said "There" instead of "The branch" but it made her think back to Kitsunes traitoress acts. That held much secrecy, and she wouldn't be a fool to believe that the branch didnt have its fair share of secrets.

Akane nodded to Shitsu as she whispered to her. "The only thing I like in betting is the gloating rights." She whispered back, she rarely actually rubbed it anyones face of winning, but she did use it as leverage to tease, and poke fun at, only to her close friends.

Akane looked around for a moment, it had been a little bit, and this class should get started soon, though she also felt another familiar presence, it was her sensei, and his brother, they had arrived to watch. But as late as ever. That probably meant it would be starting very soon, they had a knack for arriving minutes before the start, or nearly hours afterwards.​

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]
Sanageyama Setsuna

A small and curious mind moved through the crowd, the people around her seemed as tall as the rickety buildings of the slums where she hailed from. The eldest of the sisters wondered what the crowd was all about and came forward with much struggle. Pushing through people, she forced her way forward so that her bright blues eyes would behold the scene that was happening in front of the crowd. She wasn't tall by any means, not yet at least. She of course would apologize whenever she felt like she inconvenienced someone, but in the end when her curiosity was sated, it only bred more questions. She heard the strange word sounds of the people all around her once again reminded her she wasn't at home. That and the weather was a constant reminder. "Fuhtan fryd'c kuehk uh." she said to herself in a foreign language heard rarely outside of her home island.

It had been some time since she arrived in Kumogakure and after lotsa of begging and failing, Kioku had finally let the girls venture off on their own. But, they had to stay near people. Normally the forest was void with people, but today the people were abundant and she needed to find out why.
|
Ishikawa Zaku a.k.a. Himitsu

Zaku shrugged his shoulders at her prediction. It wasn't far off from his own. It had been a while since he had seen anything of this nature done as a class, and it had been a tremendous amount of time since he had been in a class. He let his mind wonder to just what he could bet her until his ears picked up Yoshi's name. Brows rose behind his mask and he subtly turned to look at his partner to see just what he would do with that little mistake. On the other hand, he was cheering for himself for being correct in the assumption that they knew each other. Though, that wasn't the hardest thing he had ever done. It was pretty obvious.

Zaku huffed in humor. He was actually ignoring her like it never happened. The Ishikawa shook his head with a smile and looked back towards Hyobanshi trying to get a sense of where she was at. But the drama would continue as a most infamous trainee approached. Zaku leaned over towards Yoshi and mumbled "Brace yourself. The empress herself is on her way." he quipped with a chuckle. Zaku had never really paid her much mind since he had joined the ANBU trainees. He had been a shinobi for a good long while and there were always people like her in the corps. They usually learned their lesson at one point or another, that is, no matter how closely they follow protocol, they lose six or seven of their allies and reconsider just how far up they wanna keep that stick shoved up their ass.

Her scolding was addressed to all of them, but for the most part it almost sounded like a lecture. The one known as Himitsu rolled his eyes in secrecy. "It's not like I was planning on marrying the girl." he thought to himself, looking back over to Akane as she was assaulted verbally, like himself. She handled it surprisingly well. He questioned how it would effect the little brown noser. Oh, but she wasn't done just yet. She had one last stinger, as if implying that he would lose! Zaku shook his head and glared at Katsumi from behind his mask. If only she knew that his confidence was well placed. Besides! Competition was good for the soul. It made everyone strive to do better, at least, that was his philosophy.

He turned to look straight ahead. His sister had taught him that arguing with a woman such as her would never end, even if you were right.​
[/col]

Hyobanshi Hitomi

Hyobanshi listened to what was going on amongst the group of trainees and the only one who seemed to take her invitation to come forward and participate. When Katsumi went on her little rant, the red haired woman nearly lost her cool in laughter. She snorted once and quickly placed a hand over her mouth to keep herself from breaking out into full blown laughter. The social hierarchy of the trainee's were vastly different than any other in the village. However, it was good that Katsumi was there to remind them of the regulations, even if Hyobanshi did label her an abrasive little girl. But that didn't matter, for it was time to finally begin. "Final checks complete? Good. Then let's get started. Bring out the targets." she said into her headset before turning to face the trainees and the crowd.

There must have been an ANBU nearby waiting just for this moment, because earthen steps rose out of the ground as she walked forward. Three steps later, she stood on her pedestal with her arms outstretched. "Welcome one and all to our little show we have to put on!" she announced. Wait a minute... was she wearing a microphone behind her mask? The speakers nearby were broadcasting her voice to the amassing crowd behind the trainees. It was obvious this lady was not the typical emotionless ANBU that most people would believe. She had a taste for the theatrics.

She looked down at the group of trainess, there were 14 of them in all, including Akane. A pretty sizable group that she was pleased with; this would put on a good show for her lovely viewers the citizens of Kumogakure. "Trainees! And miss Tsukino Akane of the Shinrya clan~" she said, pausing to look at the red haired lass. Yes she was paying attention enough to catch her name. She also needed to know her name just in case she was slain in the bout to come. "I'm glad you all made it on time. Let's see who else we have..." she trailed off, looking about the group for notable faces. "Speedy Gonzales... Tall, Dark and Mysterious... The Old Dude... Miss Rule Book... and, Wolverine." she said to herself. This was definitely going to be a good class.

Just then, a young trainee rose his hand in the air. "Uh Hyobanshi-sen--" he began. But suddenly he wasn't there anymore. No, his body had careened backward, through the crowd who part just barely fast enough, and collided with a man's cabbage cart. "MY CABBAGES!" he shouted in disdain. The only one of the group who could probably see what happened was Yoshi due to his unique bloodline and ability to perceive things that fast. The teacher had leaped off her perch and round house kicked the trainee in the face, which was what sent him flying backward. Then she was back on her pedestal as if it never happened in the first place. "13 left~" she smiled. Whatever he did, it was obvious she didn't like it. "Where was I? Oh yes! The show! Bring in the prisoners!" she shouted, throwing her arms up in the air theatrically. Between her post, and where the trainees stood, appeared 5 ANBU along with five smelly, unkempt individuals with blind folds on. This is when they would learn what their class was about.

"These five men are criminals of the Hidden Cloud, each dangerous in their own way. They have asked for a trial by combat, and I have graciously granted them that right! They are going to be taken into the forest and set free. It is your job to combat them and roll out their trial. If they die, they are guilty! But if they kill you all, then obviously they are free to go. Yes, they are shinobi, but don't worry. They've been in the underprison for months, so they aren't necessarily at full strength. The Raikage is counting on you to dish out justice here kiddies, we're counting on you! Take them inside." she ordered and the 5 ANBU disappeared. She looked for reactions among the students and saw that some were staring at the screens. In five different shots, the ANBU reappeared and freed the criminals from their binds and blindfolds before disappearing again.

"Wondering what the cameras are for? Well I don't wanna have to follow you all around in there just to keep an eye on whats going on. So I thought I'd make it easy for myself and make it possible to watch from the safety outside the walls. For those who live, the footage will also go into your file and be used as a basis for your future training." she smiled. She heard the mumurs of fear in the crowd and quickly pounced to calm them. "People, do not worry, we have ANBU stationed around the wall. The prisoners know if they try to escape they will be cut down without a chance of freedom. No need to be afraid." she concluded look down at a watch on one of her wrists. She was waiting for something...

Meanwhile on the screen, the five prisoners were getting a hold of their bearings. This was the moment that the trainees had a chance to study what they could from the screens. There looked to be 4 men and 1 woman. The quality of the cameras weren't that good, but there were some definite characteristics that set them apart. But without actual intelligence from Hyobanshi, it would be hard to guage just how strong they were.

gA8alA6.png
Ixf0i1x.jpg
14oocGG.jpg
zHHst2A.jpg
gK6kxEW.jpg

A few moments later, Hyobanshi looked up from her watch with a smile. "You have 24 hours to kill them, the longer you wait, the stronger they will get!" she warned, stepping down from her pedestal. Someof the trainees looked confused. "Go!" she grunted at them. Several of the trainees ran through the entrance into the forest. But what would the others do?
<i></i>
THERE IS NO POSTING ORDER.

I Repeat.

THERE IS NO POSTING ORDER.

What you all should follow is posting etiquette. If you aren't alone or acting independently of the others, then yes, you SHOULD wait for others in your scene to post before posting again. BUT, if you are alone, and choose to be separate from the group, then feel free to post as quickly as you want, as I WILL REPLY WHENEVER I WANT AND FOR WHOEVER I WANT. If you have questions, ask me via PM or Skype.

I'll put it simply. If you are in a situation and there are other players in that situation as well, follow posting etiquette.

I would also like to stress: DO WHAT YOUR CHARACTER WOULD DO. You have all the freedom in the world. If your character would break down and cry and beg to be let out of the class, then do that. Don't be afraid to have flaws. Don't feel obligated to make posts long when they don't need to be.
How the class will Work

THE SETTING: The arena is a section of the forest surrounded by earth walls to keep you and the prisoners inside. Feel free to take creative freedom in the scenery your character is in and what not. Let's say for our sake, the section of the forest is 400x400 in meters. Think 4 football fields x 4 football fields approximately. See the Map Below.

MOVEMENT: Everyone starts with a base movement of 3 squares a turn. Except for Yoshi; as a Seikon he can move 4 spaces a turn due to his speed. It's up to him if he wants to move that much. You do not have to move at all, you can remain still or choose to move a limited amount. When you want to search an area, let me know. Officially you will all start moving from point K-13.

BAD GUYS: They are spread about on the map, and they each have.. personality of sorts. This personality dictates how they act and react to what yall do in your posts.

TIME: You have 24 hours. I will modify how much time yall have left personally and make it very clear how much time remains when I do change the time.

HOW TO WIN: KILL ALL THE BAD GUYS

MsnN0EA.jpg

Current Positions

Yoshi: Entrance (in the stony, grass area somewhere)
Zaku: Entrance (in the stony, grass area somewhere)
Akane: Entrance (in the stony, grass area somewhere)
Katsumi: Entrance (in the stony, grass area somewhere)
Shin: Entrance (in the stony, grass area somewhere)
Shimete: Entrance (in the stony, grass area somewhere)

Non participants: Standing in the stone area watching some screens. There is a jacked up cabbage cart nearby.​

Tsuyoshi Junko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tsuyoshi Yoshi said:

Rp said:
Surprisingly, Yoshi wasn't scolded by the proctor. Instead, she began her class on time like a responsible teacher was suppose to do, unlike Junko. "They're watching." Yoshi thought sensing his father and uncle as they arrived in the area. Despite this realization, it didn't change anything. Yoshi would do his best, regardless of who was watching. The Tsuyoshi brothers would finally get to see Yoshi in action without holding back. The teachers theatric introduction continued as she recognized the trainees and singled out Akane.

"Uh Hyobanshi-sen--"

Shaking his head, Yoshi felt bad. Those poor cabbages wasn't bothering anyone. Possibly the human rule book should've warned the imbecile of stating the teachers real name after she informed Akane. Oh well, lessons had to be learned and the instructors round house kick was a great teacher. Going back to the business at hand, Hyobanshi-sensei introduced the task of the class.

"These five men are criminals of the Hidden Cloud, each dangerous in their own way. They have asked for a trial by combat, and I have graciously granted them that right! They are going to be taken into the forest and set free. It is your job to combat them and roll out their trial. If they die, they are guilty! But if they kill you all, then obviously they are free to go. Yes, they are shinobi, but don't worry. They've been in the underprison for months, so they aren't necessarily at full strength. The Raikage is counting on you! Take them inside."

"Damn it!" Yoshi thought looking directly at Akane. His heart skipped a single beat as he wished she would've never joined. He didn't want to see her hurt and now her bet really would be surviving and battling. Despite this feeling, he knew she'd face the challenge head on. Why? Simply because that's how they were trained. To be ruthless survivalists before anything else. Hard workers that had the mutual understanding to protect the things they held dear. Of course, it all would show on the battlefield. People would finally get to see the difference between the strong and the weak.

"You have 24 hours to kill them, the longer you wait, the stronger they will get!"

Listening to some, doubt already filled their hearts while other remained confident in their abilities as shinobi.

"What! How do she expect trainees to deal with criminals! Stop being a wimp, it's a reason to our training. Keep your head held high. We may just die... I don't think I can do this. Hey kid, it's either us or them. Look at them, they don't even seemed phased. What do you expect though, they're Himitsu Tensai. Hopefully they can help us all out."

Sighing, Yoshi couldn't believe some of the whispers. A lot talked a good game, but they weren't built for the ANBU. Perhaps this class purpose was to weed out the weak. Stepping forward, Yoshi attempted to placed a hand on Akane's and Zaku's shoulder simultaneously to place one of his unique seals on them. Certainly, it'll be beneficial during the class. "I'm sure we all have radios. If not, I have an extra. Teamwork seems essential and the easiest way to go. Especially since we don't know the enemies abilities." Yoshi said speaking in general so that only the classmates could hear.

"Who died and made him commander?"

Rolling his eyes, Yoshi didn't care. Himitsu and Rose was his main concerns. He'd like for everyone to survive though. Hopefully those wanting to team up would put their radios to the correct frequencies.

"Go!"

tumblr_msxouazS7k1shvs15o7_500.gif

In an instant, Yoshi would move forward with whatever team he had and stay at the same pace. If no one wanted to partner up, he'd head in alone and ahead of the group(4 squares). With that, he'd scout the scenery and report anything to anyone linked to his radio frequency. He wasn't against sharing knowledge with everyone, it would just be best if their were less kumogakure casualties in the end.

meanwhile, the prodigy brothers watched closely as the young would display their powers.

Osuteno

Yen
ASP
Deaths
oj1f0y.jpg

Katsumi simply nodded towards Akane before making her way back to where she had been standing before. It was good that no one complained this time, initially she had been used to people trying to argue that rules were not absolute and the like, as she very well knew. But that was no excuse for tossing them aside when one simply wished to. It was nice that this Akane woman was agreeable. That was not to say that she failed to hear the comments of "Empress" or "Rulebook" but she had been more than used to those. She was surprised when she was offered a handshake when she got back. Fenlen was one of the older trainees having been around for some time. "Shitsumansha," she said simply as she shook the offered hand and stood at attention, waiting.
"Welcome one and all to our little show we have to put on!"

Katsumi had not been expecting that. Show? This was just a game to her. It wasn't proper to think in such a way about a superior..., but Hyobanshi was a tiring woman. Suddenly one of the trainees went flying back. Even though she didn't see what had happened, she could guess. Such a flashy woman. If she was going to stand out that much she could have at least been adorable. Katsumi would not have minded if a little thing tried to stand out this much. Her mind started drifting to the secret underground shrine she had made to house her collection of adorable things. Why couldn't the instructor be a huggable child or animal... She mentally berated herself. "Focus, your thoughts are drifting." She raised an eyebrow as the prisoners were brought forward.

SNAPSHOT

She was starting to get an idea of what was going on now, and was unsurprised at the mention of trial by combat. It wasn't unheard of that it be requested but it wasn't always allowed. People who wanted such were typically guilty anyway. Residents of the underprison... There were likely going to be a few less trainees after this, such was life. More importantly these five needed to fall to justice. They were taken away to the arena while the instructor was explaining her "show." And Katsumi gazed coolly at them. After she felt like she could get everything she could out of their appearances, not that meant much when dealing with shinobi. Pulling a scroll from her uniform Katsumi unsealed a rather serious looking weapon about a meter in diameter on a chain.
main-qimg-699319c3e985fd34e2bfc1c7d4b61423

The Headsman's Dream
After the confession and the sentence declared, all that is left is to end the dream.
Damage Type: Slashing
Effect: Naturally causes bleeding
Bonus: -2 Accuracy, +10% Damage
Augments: Fata Morgana, Chain Link

Grabbing the weapon by the small handle just the size of her hand where the weapon and chain met, Katsumi looked to see that some of the trainees had run off already. They had better not run off completely on their own. The more that died early on the harder it would be to complete their task. Considering the prisoners could very well fight together it was foolish to go off without at least a couple others guarding your back.Turning to speak to those who had not run off without an ounce of thought Katsumi said, "I have their chakra signatures, but are any of you tracking specialists or lacking in that area? It would be best to spread our talents around when grouping up, for instance despite this," she knocked on her weapon, "I am a genjutsu specialist." She looked around to see who was left. "Though I think I can guess how some are going to group up, but let us try not to be in groups smaller than three unlike some who have run off already. Those of you complaining about Tensai's friendly reminder about radios should know better and I won't see anyone playing the fool simply because they don't want to be thought of as following orders of someone they don't like. The less dead the better and who knows how many enemies we will find at one time. I am sure none of you were foolish enough to forget to bring your headsets today or need a reminder of what frequency they need to be on." A few gulped. She looked at the departing Tensai and then at Himitsu and then Akane. Some people would likely stick together out of habit and she was fine with that, people who were familiar with each other's fighting styles performed better as a team. She however was always grouped up with random individuals so was used to working with all sorts though a couple people stepped away from her gaze as she looked around. "Like I am some sort of viper," Katsumi sighed to herself.​

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back