Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Disappearing Children [ Part 1 ]

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was early morning near the crack of down. Anyone could hear the roosters cries as the sun woke from its slumber. The atmosphere was cold despite the large line of people that filled the area. Zaku was standing at the back as he waited to get his ticket stamped before proceeding to the train. The people in front him were of various ages starting from young children to the elderly, perhaps one hundred in number. Some of the passengers were traveling to see relatives while others were on business. In reality, Solum de Asphelus was not a place for random tourism; there was not much there but large livestock and small towns. Despite the lack of urban economy it was a wonderful place to retire from years of work or just to enjoy the quite life.

Everyone was relatively quite except for the clapping of feet as the line continue to move. Of the side corner, Zaku could see men lifting crates into the cargo bay mostly likely supplies for the agriculture market at Solum de Asphodelus. The rest of the luggages belong to the passengers who begrudgingly brought them into the train. It was unfortunate that there were no stewards who could assist them. Finally, it was Zaku's turn as the conduction approached him.

"Tickets and registration." He said quickly.

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Zaku ~ iNPC/Future PC

--

I reached into my pouch quickly to retrieve the necessary items for the conductor to check and approve. Once he was finished, I would take my belongs and proceed onto the train, trying to find a seat where more kids my age would be located. Placing my luggage in the overhead bins, I took my seat in a quadra of seats where no one else was located. My eyes were wary of my surroundings, but I wasn't actively expecting any kind of trouble. So I reached into my pouch to pull out a survival guide and began my read...

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The wheels of the train creaked and churned as the passengers began to move forward. Several people waved their hands as they watched their relatives and friends leave the station. The smell of the smoke stack briefly filled the area as passengers scurried to their seats covering their noses from the caustic smell. The bright of the morning sun captivated the passenger's silence. The only noise that Zaku could hear was the sound of the whistling engine and the cries of the smoking stack. The ride took approximately three to four hours when the train finally arrive to its destination.

The first step across the clear terrain was more than prosaic. The feel of the tall grass scraping scraping the shin's of many people as they walked toward the vacant station. The temperature was within the mid-70's and the beating sun had receded into the ubiquitous cirrus clouds that surrounding the sky. All in all, it was refreshing scene compared to the cold whimsy Kumogakure.

There were several people waiting for the passengers holding up cut out signs or hollering out various names. A man dressed in solid black suit with nothing obscene touching his body. The sense of color the man had was the sprout of red that popped out of his colar and the red Rosetta rose sticking out his chest. His countenance was as mysterious as his general attire. His eyes were covered in black sunglasses and his expression was dressed in rigidity. A wooden post stood right beside him and a white flag that hung it with the Kumogakure emblem painted on the center. When Zaku walked over the man committed a low bow toward the young boy and lifted his hands towards a carriage near the road. They walked in the silence as they man carried Zaku's luggage. The carriage was rather impressive and the material refined. The vehicle spanned several feet in length enough to fit at least four or five people comfortably.The exterior sported a nice dark forest green color with jet black wheels. The wheels were easily identified as some sort of metal by looking at the sunlight that glimmered on its surface. The four windows that were flushed on the sides were tinted to hide any view from inside. The four black horses up front were majestic wearing intricate head protectors. The man opened the door as he let Zaku in. They sat down and the carriage began to move.

"We are glad you able to accept this mission, Zaku-san. However, we would like for you sign some few papers to solidified your arrival". He opened a small compartment on his right and pulled out a few pages of what looked like parchment but was too white and clean to be anything of the sort. The man handed Zaku the stack and reached back to his coat as he pulled out a small object that span about three inches in length. He handed him the object apparently meant to be used as a writing utensil. The pristine paper was too 'perfect' for its own good as the edges nipped at Zaku's fingers. A small drip of blood oozed out and fell on the front page.

"My apologies ---" The man said clearing his throat as he exchanged the bloodied paper with a new one and a white handkerchief.

"I am sure your kage gave you a sufficient briefly of what you will be required to do. The few pages is a brief description of the sensei, children, and staff that you will meet. Your housing will be arranged and funded at the Adelaide Hotel. If you need any assistance you can send a telegram. The number is printed on the contact page. If you have any inquiries please state them as soon as possible."

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Zaku ~ iNPC/Future PC

--

It was quite the trip even though it was uneventful. When you are on a train, it's pretty much do whatever you want and get away with it if no one is looking. Quite strange really, this pseudo freedom. I would move with my money in hand to the dining cart for some food and then head back to my seat. But restlessness plagued me and I had to get up and look around. Moving between cars, looking and saying hello to a few individuals before moving on. But after two hours, I let sleep take my conscious effort and drifted to sleep.

The whistle of the train got my attention slightly, followed by a kind man's hand on my shoulder. I roused from slumber to find myself slumped in a seat. My sleep expression followed the arm up to a train attendee and I smiled like a dork. Thanking him for waking me, I gather up my luggage and made my way off the train onto the platform and followed a multitude of people going for the exit. Upon seeing the signs held, I began my search for anyone holding something I would recognize. No one with my name... but the symbol of Kumogakure caught my attention. A eerie looking man stood next it; almost too perfect in the way he dressed and stood. But I would pay it no mind. I was on a mission and had to represent Kumo in the best way possible.

When he bowed, I followed suit, as learned in my etiquette class and then followed without a word. As I surveyed the carriage, it dawned upon me that I was getting quite the treatment here. Whomever contracted the village must have paid a lot. I admired the make of the transportation device and entered with the man. Which is when he finally said something.

"Sign some papers?" My voice cracked as he pulled out some writing material. It was unlike the parchment I had ever seen. "Peculiar..." I noted before taking it in my hand. Taking the writing utensil next, I maneuvered the piece of paper in hand in such a way that it cut me clear as any small knife. The paper left my hand as with a drop of my blood. I quickly suppressed the bleeding by placing my thumb against the cut until I was handed the pristine handkerchief. I grasped the new paper carefully and kept pressure on the small would. He apologized, but it was not his fault. Just an accident after all.

As I signed the paper where noted, he continued on with the business of informing me of certain information I had not acquired. After finishing, I took the detailed information packet he had and looked through it, verifying what he had said. Only one question was in mind at this point. "Where are we headed, and when do I start?" I questioned. Oh, I suppose that was two questions, isn't it.

[Gonna PM me the information, or we just gonna assume Zaku knows this stuff?]

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The man received the packet and placed them back into the small black compartment. He straighten his dark glasses as he began to answer the man's question. "If you look out the window, you can see a large tower." The man said pointing toward the window on his right. The word 'large' was an overstatement, the tower looked to be about ten feet to fifteen feet which was nothing compared to the great towers in Torre Celeste. A bell could be made out from the top tower dangling precariously signifying the time of noon. As they got closer to the town, Zaku could see the masquerading buildings that covered the large bell tower. The carriage stopped at red building with a small playground on the right caged by a metal fence. Several children could be seen prancing around the monkey bars and sliding down the yellow slides. The scene looked rather harmless like a nice Sunday afternoon.

"This is the school you will be investigating. You will be starting early tomorrow as an exchange student. Your paperwork have been filed so you do not need to worry about it. The first class starts at 8:30 so prepare yourself before then. You will be taken to your hotel to receive your accommodation." The man said as the carriage began to creak forward again. Zaku could see three individuals conversing with one another. There was a young man perhaps in his mid-twenties wearing a simple clean white dress shirt with a sharp curvature collar. His eyes were behind large circular glasses revealing dark brown eyes to accommodate his short black hair. He had a capricious tone to him as if he didn't not want to be there periodically checking his hand watch. There was another man who looked a lot older and not because of his pudgy stomach that he showed off. His was a short man reaching 5'-5 1/2' in length, but in reality it was hard to tell from a far distance. On his head he had a strange array of hair or lack of. In the middle was a ball spot but at the side was bushes of gray hair that seemed to stand on its end like a rushing wave. He looked like a man under authority with his jet black vest and white suit accompanies with an elegant black cane. The last individual was a young woman who was just as young as the man. She had that simple school girl look. She wore a simple red dressed with her red hair wrapped in a simple bonnet.

A few minutes later they arrived at the hotel which was just as beholding as the carriage. An elderly man wearing a placid conductor suit opened the door.

[Assume Zaku has the info. I will rp what you do know as the mission continues]
[Just rp entering the hotel and leaving for the next day. A carriage will be waiting at 8:30. Apologies for the lateness too.]

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Zaku ~ iNPC/Future PC

--

"Understood." I replied, paying attention all along the way. It was a rather quaint little town, and such the people only had their architecture to judge by. Had the man been to Kumogakure before, that tower would not have been called large. I shook the silly thought from my mind as my eyes laid upon the school before me. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary; even the man who seemed to not want to be there. Why would anyone want to be at school on a day when there was no school? However, the fact they were there was strange. My only assumption was that it was to keep an eye on things as their was an abductor in the area. Soon though, they were out of sight and I was at the hotel.

I stepped out, giving the man a thankful nod. Moving inside, I got my room and things situated for the next day. Preparation made things a lot easier, and when that was finished, I fell to slumber on top of the large bed.

--

In the morning, I awoke by my own accord at about eight o'clock. I quickly showered, dressed, and prepared a backpack I had brought along with supplies that any primary school student would need. I went over the information I was given to familiarize myself with anything I might need, and just like that, it was time to go. I entered the carriage at eight thirty and was off to the school for a day of investigation.

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The carriage stopped at the school entering a void of silence. The sound of playing children was replaced with the creaking sound of crickets and the sharp screams of birds fluttering from tree to tree. The wind seemed to whistle brushing the leaves around the pavement like jelly beans in a bowl. Zaku could see a man in a bright yellow vest attending to a large yellow bucket near the entrance. He wore a mesh forest green hat with the words "Physical Plant" painted white on the front of the lip. It is easy to assume that these words of euphemism were to exemplified the needed custodial work in the town. The place was far too clean. The driver nodded his head as he raised the reigns altering the horses to move forward.

Zaku embarked his way toward the school as he rose up the stairwell. As he reached up the stairs he was visited by the same diminutive man from the other day. He wore nearly the same outfit but with a different flare. He had a large top had that rested on his head like a elegant bird's nest. "Hello, I was told you were arriving to the school today. I just wanted to greet you before you start your day. My name is Goro" The man said lifted a pudgy hand toward him. The sound of his voice had come to a surprise. He looked like an old man but Zaku did not hear the stereotypical raspy voice of one, instead was a fervent man in his 30's. He pushed the door open revealing the interior of the building. There was not much to see here but a wide hall perhaps seven to eight feet in width. The walls were painted in hot red but the doors were left untouched. The doors were made of alloy steel almost the same looking material from the carriage. "There are three period in the day, including lunch period." He said as he walked with Zaku across the halls. Like the outside, the interior was near dead silent except the sound of their feet clapping against the tiled ground. They stopped at a door on the right with rectangular window that fill three-quarters of the length of the door. The man opened the door revealing the students and sensei.

Zaku could see the children sitting in three rows and four columns. The majority of the seats were filled excepted most of the front row. The children appeared vastly different than the students at the academy. There eyes were soft and face cured of scares of life's problems. The sensei was the young man from before. He was dressed in a simple white shirt with nicely fitted blue jeans. The jeans were rather dusty from the day's brushed chalk debris. A lesson was still in moition from the sight of the symbols and characters that dressed the green chalkboard. The man poked his head from outside appearing in hurried mood as he quickly introduced Zaku to the sensei.

"Asuma-san. This is Zaku-san. The young man we talked about yesterday. Unfortunately, I can not say I must attend to the meeting." Goro said. After the quick words he left the scene.

Asuma made a slight bow as he motioned Zaku to step forward. He gestured the children into silence as he brought Zaku into center. "Would you like to introduce yourself, Zaku-san."

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The ride was uneventful, aside from the arrival to the locale where it was chillingly silent. Birds kept things from being maddening, but I still felt strange not hearing the sounds of humans. As I moved out of the carriage, the leaves played around my feet, the wind giving a slight chill to my skin as it danced and played. As the carriage departed, so did my best chance of escape should the unthinkable happen. But it really didn't plague me with worry, so I proceeded with my mission. It was time to get down to business.

The man I recognized from yesterday was there to greet me, as I am sure an arrival like myself was big news to a troubled town like this. "Good to meet you Goro. Ishikawa Zaku." I replied shaking his hand. Strange feeling: shaking a pudgy hand. It was always gave me the willing because it didn't feel like a hand to me. To much skin I suppose... Anyways, his voice was surprising. Perhaps it was because of his lifestyle choices, but his appearance didn't match his age. I've seen it a couple times amongst smokers, they are all wrinkled and what not. But this was just strange. Following him, he lead me to a hall way where he explained the days activities. Eventually we stopped at a door and he opened it revealing an ongoing class.

I smiled slightly at the sight before me. "Typical. No one wants to sit in the front..." But still, they seemed so different from the faces in Kumogakure. So...innocent. The kids in the academy never looked like this. We knew we were going to a life of danger and constant threats. But these kids? Why were these the ones who were being taken, I wondered. No matter, it was time to play the part. When I was introduced, I bowed quickly in respect and waited to be spoken to. Goro informed the man of who I was and then quickly left the scene. I was offered the chance to introduce myself, and I would do so shortly. It was easier snooping if I wasn't very exciting. It was going to be a question of how I should be perceived.

"I am Ishikawa Zaku," I began. Let's hope none of them know of the Ishikawa. "I come from a small village to the south and my father wanted me to have a better education than that which was offered in my home town. So here I am." I said, pretending to be rather shy. From my understanding, the students were not to know who I was, or their actions might tip off the culprit. So I took my seat and focused my mind. I needed to be aware of everything and anything...

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The children begrudgingly gave their welcome and most did not pay much attention. It was the middle of the morning and they simply did not want to be there. Asuma offered him a seat up front feeling segregated from the children but perhaps he would feel better to sit near the middle where he could survey the area. Hopefully, his pertinacious observation would go unnoticed by everyone. The class resumed after Zaku took his seat. It was a much larger seat than the seats at the academy, slightly more spacious. The children surrounding the classroom ranged from various young ages specifically between 8 and 13. The ratio between male and female were of relative balance given the impression that assailant could not have been attacking a specific gender. However, the children were segregated into 'cliche' groups the disingenuous popular girls sat at the far back popping their mouths with whatever substance that plagued their mouths. Their frilly dresses and bright red bows swayed around as they quietly whisper gossip to each other. The young boys in the far middle slouched inside their desk preoccupied by their doodles or watching the sunlight. The rest of the children were more disperse trying to attend to the sensei's ongoing discussion. One of the boy sported a a distinct velvet red vest with a simple white shirt underneath. He had blond hair that looked like the shape of curving wave that spouting out of his head like the head of radish. Zaku remember in his documents that a boy that looked like him was known for being a trouble maker. His parents had a great sum of money which they continue to pump into the school, of course as an eccentric business man as Goro he would allow the boy's 'antics' to slide. Eventually, his antics had brought him to an alternative school for his behavior. When he returned back to normal schooling his bullying habits had went into 'remission'. It was like he was a new person but his behavior had returned when a new student had arrived. The identify of the student was not stated, perhaps for the sake of confidentiality. His name was Dai. Either way, the entire scene was rather odd to see in the company of small children; normally this type of behavior would be seen in older children. What was causing this or perhaps it was just a dangerous assumption to not divulge into. Besides, this was not Kumogakure no Sato.

The lecture last for more or less an hour and a half. The sun was rising and the temperature had increased to around the mid-75's to the low 80's. There was no breeze and the humidity was at a tolerable level. The children were anxious checking the large analog clock that hung at the front of the desk. Finally, the clock struck noon and everyone seemed to break for the exit like fountain water gushing to the surface. Papers were left scurried on the floor and the seats looked in disarray. Asuma sighed as he explained to Zaku that it was lunch time. He continued with telling him where the lunch hall was located as well as the playground. Zaku had an hour to enjoy his break before going to the next lesson. After Asuma explained all that Zaku needed to know he packed up his things and left the classroom. Now it was only Zaku and his thoughts.

Once Zaku entered the lunch hall he could see how wide and vast it was. It was rather large perhaps almost the size of the big auditoriums at Torre Celeste when there was a big venue of some kind. The material of the tiling looked expensive perhaps a form of marble. He could see speaks of sparking granite shine on his face as he made each step. Who could afford to be in a school such as this? The coloring remained about the same. The walls shared the same distinct red color as the walls in the hall. At the right were several lines moving forward where children's were grabbing their lunch. Before Zaky went to get his own lunch he noticed a young boy slipping across the tile before his meal crashed into the boy with the red vest jacket. Zaku could see how enraged the boy was when he got out of his seat. His hair had become soaked with juice and cold soup; his wavy hair looked like it was swimming in the ocean. What had happened next was quite surprising. Dai thrust his fist like a cannon into the boy's cheek before knocking him down spreading blood on the nice clean floor. Zaku could have helped but it would have blown his cover if he had attempted to use any form of ninjutsu. Fortunately, his aid was not required. Several kids helped the young boy up and the staff aided in cleaning up the floor. Dai was dragged out of the cafeteria by a few other adults and everything seem to resume to normal. The damaged kid was asked to go to the infirmary but he declined and sat near the kids who aided him.

When lunch was over Zaku was stationed in his last classroom. It was odd when he opened the door to see Dai sitting at the back minding his business. In fact, it was pretty much everyone from the previous classroom. You would think that Dai would be sitting in the principals office or at least taken home.

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Twas varied class, somewhat similar to those back home in Kumogakure. Although, the age range was more severe as the academy split groups up based on that. They didn't want older kids mistaking their power and exterminating children, did they? Luckily no one recognized my clan name and class went on as normal. I didn't take notes on the lecture per say, but along with the doodles on my paper I began writing in short hand about those unique individuals in the class, as well as anything peculiar in my surroundings. I paid specific attention to those who were mentioned in my informational packet. Dai was on that list.

As class continued, lunch time arrived and the class scurried off like rats when discovered in their hiding place. I couldn't help but laugh as my sensei Asuma had to explain it was lunch. I thanked him for a good class and promptly made my way to the lunch hall. My first thought was how expensive this place looked... perhaps this wasn't a school to begin with? I made a mental note to look into the history of the area-- for personal reasons. As I was moving to grab some lunch, some boy slipped on the tile and his food and drink flew everywhere in front of him. And just who was in front of him? Dai. Retaliation followed soon after and the boy was on the ground in a moment's notice, blood flowing onto the tile. Like a machine, things were cleaned up and the trouble maker was taken away. In just a few minutes, it was like nothing had happened. Was this a regular occurrence? I had to wonder... but soon I was busy with my food and small talk, asking about the school and area, pretending to be seeking some kind of fun to be had.

Lunch ended... and class resumed with Dai present. Strange... back when I was in normal school, I didn't even punch any one and when I did something bad I had to sit with the principal for quite a while. Yet, he was back already... I smirked and looked to the Sensei. Aside from this nothing strange had happened yet...

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was around mid-afternoon and the sun was still beaming out the cirrus clouds that splattered the sky. Asuma was replaced by the young female from the other day. She was relativity short perhaps around five feet but a bit taller than Goro. Her attire was simple, a red dress with white strips on the rims. Her age was around the early twenties like a young girl who looked like she had just left school herself. She had a tremulous aura around, perhaps it was the soft undertone that she gave off when she spoke. At least her mystifying attractiveness kept the rowdy students at bay that is the boys were more focus on her than the writing on the board. The board was littered with numbers and archaic symbols and at the far right was her name written in bold -- Hana.

The rest of the children were attentively scribbling on their clean white sheets likes cats scratching the pavement. Zaku could see Dai not doing much but profusely rubbing his temple as if reliving himself of a bad itch. The young girls at the back were attending their strange devices which looked a headsets but way to clunky to be headsets at all. The younger boys were raising their hands asking insipid questions only doing so to hear a soft voice. The small boy who tripped before was sitting at the front but his back was turned toward Zaku. He rose his right hand straight up like a flag. "Yes, Hisao-san." She said. "May I go to the restroom, sensei." He replied with a high pitch voice. He sounded rather sickly but looked rather normal. He made a quickly glanced at the class showing sharp vibrant blue eyes that could steal the sole of a man.

She nodded her head as she walked toward her desk at the far right. She shuffled inside the desk for a moment before pulling out a solid white badge and handed it toward him."Five minutes." She said as the boy nodded heading out the door. She turned around but before facing the board again she noticed Dai's head drawn to the ground like a camel. His faced with painted in beads of sweat that glimmered like oil on metal. He gave off an addictive odor that only am Inuzuka could smell -- a captivating smell as att

She quickly walked toward her desk before pressing a small black button underneath her desk. "Yes." A female voice emerged from the center of the room. "Dai is looking ill I need someone to call his parents."

"Hai, sensei."

"Will anyone volunteer to bring Dai to the infirmary." She said as she faced the class.

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
I didn't pay much attention to the teacher, but constantly caught myself looking to the windows as if trying to catch some kind of creeper peeking inside to pick their next target. But no such person would be there to find them, instead the class was involved with themselves like normal. Strangely however, Dai wasn't speaking. He was off on his own. Now, I wasn't one who had a degree in psychology or anything, but a boy like that just doesn't sit quietly unless something is wrong. What was he doing... it looked like he had a headache. I peered around to so anyone else doing something strange, but was not fortunate enough to see anything. Instead, when my curious eyes returned to the boy his hand was in the air and the sensei was calling on him. My eye brow rose and listened in on what he had to say.

The bathroom. Quite a normal request for someone feeling under the weather. My mind was put at ease as our Sensei allotted him five minutes. But as he was leaving he took a turn for the worse and the young woman took notice. My ears perked up as she messaged someone through an unknown device and then requested if anyone would escort him to the infirmary. I looked around for a bit, but based on the happenings at lunch, I didn't think anyone would be eager to help him out. I rose my hand into the air and stood. "I will Sensei." I commented and made my way over to his side. He was sweating profusely. If I was a medical ninja, I probably could give some kind of diagnosis, but I knew nothing of the sort. I remembered the way to the infirmary from earlier. "Come on, lemme help ya." I said, taking his arm and putting it around my shoulder.

MFT- 313

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The young boy was heavy or at least felt as if he had a heavy piece of lead stuck to his back. The boy was loosing his balance as his legs flopped and skated across the white tiled floor. The sensei rushed toward the door opening it before them. Her lovely face filled with dread no knowing what was going to happen to the boy. The boy could only groan as the two left the room. The hall was as vacant as the late night. The corridors were illuminated by the overhead florescent lights that showered the corners of the hall. Zaku could see the highlighted red dots like the sparks of burning ember. The direction of the infirmary was down south as indicated by the red flag that hung at the back near an open door.

They walked down the hall felt like minutes like walking through a heavy sand storm. The air felt heavy and dense like drifting smoke and the corridor seemed to bend. Zaku could feel the strange surroundings shift away as they approached the door where a young woman wearing a clean white apron and a curved white hat aided them inside.

The infirmary was not very big with a few couches and a receptionist sitting by at the far back. The woman waved her hands as the receptionist open the door from the back to bring them into another corridor. There were several doors on the left and the right. The woman opened the door on the immediate left. There was a large erected table on the center and surrounding the table were several shelves and a three chairs. The two lifted the boy laying him flat face up. His eyes were closed shut but he looked peaceful.

"Could you tell me what happened?" She asked as she pulled out a black pen pressing the head. A beam of white light appeared waving around the boy's eyes as she pried open his eye lids.

[Apologies for the late response.]

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He collapsed as soon as I got to him and I nearly fell to my knees under the dead weight. By the time I started moving, his legs had given out and I was merely dragging him along. I forced some chakra to my muscles, making sure it would be unseen, to help me out. As the sensei opened the door, I moved quickly so that he could get the care he needed, for who knows how permanent this damage would be. As my eyes looked around, I caught the image of the flag in my vision and hurried my steps. Who knows what bug had gotten to this kid. His weight was a problem, but being from the north, my endurance was incredible. Thin air and cold weather trains ones body to endure the toughest of conditions. Something seemed off about the atmosphere, almost like something metaphysical was warping it. But as I approached the haven I was seeking, things returned to normal. Peculiar, but I had other things to deal with.

I entered the room with Dai, and the two women took over and masterfully brought the boy to the bed in the room nearby. My eyes peered around taking in the various objects of the room, but I quickly followed them into the room on the left. Once I entered, she asked me a simple question, to which I took to memory as she checked his eyes with a flashlight. "Well, from what I saw, it looked like he had a headache at first. Rubbing his head and what not. Seemed pretty normal when he asked the teacher to go to the restroom. But as he moved to the door, he just kind of... well, what's the word, went catatonic. He just wouldn't move. Got worse as I brought him here. Can't say much else. I don't think it would be of much help." I replied. "It's almost like his body wanted pass out but his mind wouldn't let him." I added, trying to be more helpful.

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The woman nodded her head but her face remained contempt. She held a grim look as she removed the illuminated light away from the boy's eyes placing the object into an open pocket in her front jacket. "His eyes are dilated." She thought to herself as she walked toward the corner of the room. A large standing object that looked like a coat hanger peeked her interest as she wheeled it toward the table. She removed a plastic bulb shaped apparatus and attached a roll of wrapped material that looked like leather. She wrapped the material on to the boy's arm and began pumping the bulb like an inflated balloon. Zaku could see air expand outward increasing the volume of the material until it completely consumed the boy's arm. The boy looked like he had a huge training weights wrapped on his arms.

The woman released the bulb and waited patiently. She looked toward Zaku noticing the confusion on his face. She smiled. "Don't worry I am sure he will be up before you know it. I think you might want to go back to class. The sensei might be waiting for you." She said.

Once Zaku left the infirmary he would notice that the strange eerie sensation before had disappeared. However, he did notice patterns of blond hair on the floor following him like a trail of leaves. The class was still continuing without him but his sudden entrance delivered an abrupt hold. The class turned toward him.

"Is everything alright with Dai." Hana said.

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The woman seemed to do doctor-like things to Dai for a bit before giving me the hint that I should return to class. "Yes'm, I think I will do just that." I responded, quickly turning and head back through the hall toward class. It was not like before, though, the strange feeling was gone and what seemed to be blonde hair littered the ground. I knelt down to take a better look at it, to compare it to my own to make sure I wasn't balding prematurely. As I entered, it was like I was the late one to class. Everyone's eyes were on me and I was put on the spot by the teacher. I nodded my head and said: "As far as I know. The nurse seemed confident he would be back on his feet in no time."

I quickly made my way to my seat and began to ponder the strangeness of the hallway. Some weird stuff with Dai, then nothing on the way back. And just what had afflicted my class mate anyway... Some digging needed to be done.

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The sensei nodded her head not thinking to much on his response. She attended to the green board scratching more archaic symbols as she continued the lessons. The room became moderately quiet again once Zaku reached his desk. As usual some of the children were not paying much attention to the current lesson rather they were all attentive to watching the wooden clock tick or conversing with one another.

"Do you think Dai is the monster rumor has been talking about." A boy said.

"What monster". The boy next to him said.

You know the monster who takes kids away. They say that the monster dresses up like a kid. He has been acting weird lately." The boy said nudging his friend in the arm. They noticed Zaku walked by before their voices became silent. They did not feel it was appropriate to continue their conversation further.

The day was at its end and the children were allowed to go home. Everyone game their goodbyes and before they walked of toward the side of the roads. Eventually, the school was empty except the staff and most likely Dai. Goro requested for Dai's parents to pick him up at the end of the day once the children to prevent them from drawing any attention.

The night became dark symbolized by the grand moon that sharpens its gaze on the earth. A man and a woman could be seen walking up the school stairs wearing evening clothes. The man was covered in nothing but black except a spot of red sprouting out of his shirt like a blood spot, on top of his head was a dark gray top hat. The woman beside him grasping his arms firmly. She wore a simple white gown that covered most of her body except her feet which were wrapped in white high heels. Her face was mostly covered by the spiraling blond curls that wrapped her head like a snake. The man open the door as a small glimmer of florescent light escaped before they entered. Their steps could heard from across the hall as if there were the only once in the building. They were approached by Goro and the nurse.

The man had a serene atmosphere as he calmly grasped Goro's hand. "Goro-san. Could you tell me what happened. Where is my son?" He said with a serious look on his face. He took off his hat revealing a head of bushel of blond hair. His blue eye peered at the short with tenacity.

"He had a bit of accident. Nothing to worry about." Goro said as he cleared his throat. Goro signaled the nurse to bring out Dai. She returned with Dai walking beside him. His eyes looked sunken and his skin was lightly pale but he was fine otherwise.

"Oh dear. Are you alright." The woman said as she feel toward his feet. Her hands caressed his head touching his face with great care. Her hands reached for his forehead.

"He has a fever." She said.

"He got into a confrontation with a student earlier today. After a while he came down with a flu. I am still not sure what happened. I thought it would best to contact you when we felt Dai was better."

"He certainty still looks like it." The man said as he walked by his son. "He was far worse before you arrived. I requested for him to see a doctor sometime tomorrow. I suppose now all Dai needs is his rest." Goro said.

"We appreciate it regardless." The man said as he grasp his wife and son's shoulder. The three left the scene with only the nurse and Goro. "Well that was interesting ... " Goro said brushing the lint of his black coat. "I will take my leave; I will need to come back early."

[You can try to investigate the school or go to your place and come to class tomorrow.]

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As I grew near, my eyes fell upon the two boys who struck up a conversation putting serious accusations on Dai. I didn't want to seem to interested so I immediately moved them from their direction as I got closer, but they still ceased what they were talking about anyway. Why didn't they continue with me? Did I really make that kind of first impression in class? These thoughts poured through my mind with a mental resolve to be more... child like tomorrow. But then it hit me... I don't really remember what it was like before the academy. My memory was shoddy at best, and this was my third year trying to become a ninja. Could I really remember what it was like to not have a care in the world? To laugh and play and not worry about the dangers I had become so used to? These thoughts made me fearful, that I was forgetting how to be a kid. But it also meant another thing; that is, I was becoming a ninja completely.

Unlike the others, I did not return to my suite in the hotel. Instead I stayed behind, keeping myself busy with hand seal practice and some meditation on the days events. It was like a closed my eyes while the sun was out, only to reopen them and the moon be in it's place in an instant. I quickly made my way to the front of the school as I heard the newcomers approach and quickly began watching them from a safe distance. Through a window, around a corner, enhancing my hearing with a jutsu, etc. From what I assumed it was Dai's parents, as my observations never witnessed him leaving. This was unusual in my opinion, as wouldn't any parent or school official want the sick to go home or to the hospital faster rather than wait? I tucked it away for later thought as I observed the exchange of words...

Dai looked better than before, but not by much. I smirked as the words of the adults gave me nothing to go on aside from a kernel of thought. Perhaps it was the boy that Dai punched that had made sick. There were only two things that acted that quickly, genjutsu and what some in kumogakure call a bio-weapon. Well, there were other things, but nothing else came to mind. As the conversation held nothing of immediate interest, I had two options in mind. Follow Goro, or follow Dai and his parents. At the present, the most suspicious individual was Goro. Why had he waited so long to contact the parents? But then again, Dai's parents just seemed odd. Why weren't they worried about their son, and not even a reaction about the confrontation at lunch. I smirked again. Perhaps there was more to be discovered at the school itself. The hallway where I felt strange seemed like a good starting place, but I would need to cover the entire area eventually.

[Investigate the School]

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The interior of the school was cascaded in black with the evening moonlight leaking out like white spots on dark carpet The school was completely silent except the occasional rumbling noise of wood scraping the tile floor and the whizzing coughs of an old man. The old man was seen rolling out of a small passageway possibly a restroom as he pulled out a cart from behind him. He was tall for his age possibly standing six feet tall and skinny like a towering scarecrow, on top of his head sprouting weed like hair and a distinguishable bald spot at the center. He paused for a moment before his right hand reached toward side pockets. He pulled out a white handkerchief and covered the sheet over his mouth. A loud choking sound blew out of his mouth like a broken horn. He stuffed the handkerchief into his pocket and went on his way. As his cart strode away into the hall specks of hair flew out of his pocket. The color of the hair was mostly gray but there was a profound splash of blond on the tips which strangely resembled the hair that was discovered on the ground earlier in the day. Perhaps this man was not who he claimed to be.

[I believe I am prolonging this a bit to long so I am going to cut it short]

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As I moved through the hallways, the sound of coughing caught my attention and I immediately ran through the list of people who might be remaining on campus. With no such luck in guessing whom it was, I quickly followed the sounds of wood along the floor until I peered around a corner to find an old looking man pulling a cart behind himself. He resembled some of the old men that I knew back in Kumogakure. To old to care to eat enough that they grew skinny and frail. However, no lack of diet could keep his height from being a very notable factor. He stood a good eight inches above me; and I doubted that he was in on the plan that I was investigating these matters. So I needed to remain hidden as I stalked him, learning of his intentions for being at the school so late.

For a moment he stopped and I pulled back around a corner while he coughed. My eyes focused on him ever so cautiously before continuing to follow him. As he concluded his fit ad moved on again, I silently approached his location to examine what had fallen out of his pocket. "The hair from before..." I questioned, thinking back to before Dai got sick. "I dont' remember seeing him anywhere nearby then." I noted, and furrowed my brow. Still this was evidence that the man had been in the hallway before I had moved through it. And I had not seen him all day, which meant that the probability of us encountering were extremely low, or he hid in that room all day... I looked back in the direction he originated from and smirked. However, my mission was to now follow him, making the room a note I could possibly investigate later.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back