Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Explorers of the Dale [Tutor]

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
</FONTFACE>
<FONTFACE fontface="georgia">It did not take Kaji long to adapt to the biting cold of Kaminari no Kuni. No, Kaji was always one with his surroundings, and it would be no different here in the Land of Lightning. However, utilizing a single day allotted for adventuring, Kaji went northern from their port of call in Cirrus and ventured up to a region known as The Spine of the World. He often felt the call of the wild; an urge to see what wonders were hidden in the deepest, uncharted territories found within a given region. In the span of one year, Kaji had come from the arid deserts of Soon's Haven, to here; the frigid mountains of the Lightning Country. But today, Kaji's yearning for adventure led him to an abysmal climate, so cold that he had to send his steed home in a burst of interplanar steam; Kukki vanished hours ago in a reverse summoning.

Dressed warmly in heavy winter apparel, Kaji was unphased by the barreling cold. A red scarf hung low from his neck, and blew in the frigid wind. There was low visibility here, with sleet blinding the shinobi beyond twenty feet of sight. Knowing that suffering was the strongest human bond, Kaji thought it was worthwhile to bring along the young lad, Tatsuo for his adventure this day. Leaving Sara and Umashi behind at the warmth of the inn at Port Cirrus, it was just Kaji and Tatsuo braving the elements, on a hunt for game and glory. "Look at us now," Kaji said to Tatsuo over the constant howl of wind. "How's this for a break from the classroom? There's much more experience to be gained out here than you'll find behind a desk in Konoha. Welcome to—" a sudden frigid blast almost bowled the veteran shinobi over, and he stumbled for a second. "Welcome to the Spine of the World!"

- WC: 315
- Kaji has entered the Thread.
- Requesting Tatsuo.

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Even on the adventure with Kaji, Tatsuo was awfully quiet. It was obviously because of his perceived punishment from Umashi about having to attend more classes. Tatsuo was dressed in a thick furs from head to toe. It was obvious when his mother packed for him she intended him to stay warm, he probably had enough clothes for the both of them. Tatuso had never experienced any place so cold, but it didn't disturb him too much. He was always a fan of adventure and wherever he could get it he would be, but nonetheless he couldn't manage to get excited about this trip as the looming boredom of school was just days away. When Kaji asked about the break from the classroom he shrugged. "I wanna be a ninja, not a student. I'm no good at school." he said before looking back to Kaji. "I was excited for this trip, but now it feels like a punishment." Tatsuo said in between howls of wind before placing his facemask back onto prevent the cold wind from blowing on his face.

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
It was a fair assessment that there was more to the day's adventure than a hike in the mountains. When it came to shinobi, there was always an ulterior motive to be found. And for a mere student, a journey to foreign lands rarely came without a purpose much greater than he'd possibly comprehend. This adventure was about more than putting a day off to good use or even the values of an education; it was about defining the shinobi within.

And as Tatsuo completed his rebuttal about the bleakness of his purpose in visiting this land, Kaji couldn't do anything but grin. As expected, the boy did not understand his purpose at all. With his head shaking softly in disagreement, Kaji would kindly correct his young apprentice. "Life is an unending process of learning— a process of working as hard as possible until you fail— and then learning from that failure so it makes you stronger," the depth of Kaji's voice beat the wind and blessed his pupil with valuable knowledge. It was knowledge he gained through years of experience; gained through both success and failure. "Whether in a classroom or in the wilderness, a shinobi must continue to learn... because wisdom allows for growth."

Amidst his lecturing, Kaji turned and make continuing paces towards a tall tree standing atop the mountainside. Despite the elements and altitude, the duo of shinobi came upon a sparse Blue Spruce tree, which stood tall and strong as a conqueror of the otherwise intolerable alpine climate. Kaji reached a hand out to the many branches, which loosened a bunched up caked up snow. "Despite having leagues of fertile lowlands to take root in, this tree grew here of all places... This tree is the product of ages of a bloodline adapting to nature; collective learning that made survival possible where it would not, otherwise. The result? This spruce tree has absolutely no competition for reproduction and is an integral part of the ecosystem on this mountain." Kaji then turned, and pointed across the horizon, making a note of the abundance of that single species of tree, and the dominance it achieved. "The most learned shinobi is the most prepared for the challenges ahead of them; and the most prepared for greatness."

- WC: 378
<i></i>

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tatsuo listened to Kaji's advice mostly to not be disrespectful but his words mostly fell on deaf ears. Tatsuo was normally chipper but this whole trip was an awful experience for him. When he would usually be on cloud nine venturing so far he would have to deal with class. After Kaji finished his speech he looked to the tree and shrugged. "The tree never spent time in a classroom though. I always feel dumb in classrooms. I'm no good at school, I always feel behind my classmates. I thought for once, I would be on top, going on some awesome mission with the Hokage himself, but now I'm going back to school where I'm going to be the dumbest person in the room." Tatsuo sighed, had it not been so cold he may have been able to cry, but it would be easy for Kaji to tell that he was on the verge of tears.

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The elder of these two shinobi continued trudging forward through the thick snow, which was piled two feet above the ground here. With a waving hand, Kaji urged Tatsuo to keep pace. Here in the frigid alps, the shinobi could not afford to idle without a fear of frostbite. Though he did care, Kaji could only devote so much attention towards Tatsuo’s qualms without endangering them both. However, the sensei did have an understanding about the obstacles bothering Tatsuo, and thus his ulterior motive of their journey to the Spine of the World was revealed.

“Well, I think anyone with a brain can crack open a book and recite some quotes verbatim,” He said foremost. “And that might work well for your peers, but maybe that’s just not what’s meant for you.” As he went on Kaji was treading forth, moving through a leveled path where countless spruce trees parted, creating a trail to follow. There was enough of a shroud and stable terrain here that it made the zone perfect for staging an attack. Kaji came to a halt and knelt behind a bend at the face of the trail. His student would come to notice a change in his sensei’s every movement, becoming silent and cautious. He then drew his mithril blade, Eelspine, and held it low, above the soggy mountain floor. “While what’s up here might be the key to success on the battlefield,” he pointed to his temple, "it is often what's in here that determines a shinobi’s true potential, in both life and in war.” Pointing to his chest, particularly the heart, Kaji meant to motivate the boy. His words of wisdom were calmed to a whisper from then on. So what if you’ve come all this way to go to school? In fact... to learn in ways your peers will only hope to experience. To be chosen by the Hokage to represent the Leaf in a foreign land is one of the greatest honors a shinobi could strive for.”

- WC: 335
<i></i>

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tatsuo began to grow tense as Kaji's movements not only slowed but became more cautious. He retrieved his father's kunai from inside his thick coat. Holding it defensively, he did not seem to be fearing Kaji, but he understood that something was about to happen and he wanted to be prepared. His mournful attitude to school attendance disappeared, he was more focused on the task on hand. However he did offer up one last statement of protest "If I wasn't an academy student would I have to go to school?" He said before making a stance looking around for any movement.

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The pupils constricted within his pale olive eyes as Kaji tracked the rustling of movement blending into starch white treelines. The towering spruces masked the movement of something well practiced in stalking through these mountains. The forested trail lining the center of the pass was well traveled, with a mess of prints mashed into the sloshy snow.

It seemed that Tatsuo was still full of questions when he spied beside Kaji, behind the pile of bedrock they used as cover. “Life is one big academy,” Kaji snapped the reply, “And you’re in class right now... so calm it down a notch, we have movement.” It was practice for Tatsuo’s connection with nature; to hone his ability to perceive and become one with his surroundings. “You can see something in the trees, just over there. And listen, the birds have stopped singing.”

In their silence, the echo of weathered wheels grinding along the snow behind heavy hooves came to the shinobi’s ears but was still far around the bend from the trail where this sneak attack was being staged. They were hunting on a trade route. Realizing they were ahead of danger, Kaji glared sharply at Tatsuo, questioning if the boy was prepared for a live combat scenario. Well, he’d have to be if things went sour. “Looks like you’re going to have a story to tell at the dinner table, tonight” Kaji predicted, amused. “Do you think you can cover me while I go over there and handle some dirty work?”

- WC245
- Random Wilderness Encounter Rolled: 61 (Giant Spiders)
<i></i>

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Four spiders, about ehh." he said peaking over the rock, not seeing anything more than their shadows. "Three feet tall a piece? Size of a medium sized dog I would guess." Tatsuo was always better sensing things in a forest. "They're probably aggressive, but uh.." he furrowed his brow looking to Kaji. "We're in their territory, it's no fair to attack them." he said gripping the kunai tightly in his hand. "We're not going to eat them, at least I won't. Don't think spider would taste too good." he said in a hushed tone, before looking to Kaji. "I mean if you want to kill them, I guess I understand but I don't think i'll partake unless we're attacked first." he said with a firm nod. Tatsuo continued to focus on his surroundings. He could see his own breath, a rare sight in the Leaf but he assumed it must be pretty common here. He then placed his back against the rock, placing his hands on his knees as he awaited Kaji's response.

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Perhaps it should have been expected, but Kaji’s newest apprentice did not take to the idea of engaging the denizens plotting the ambush. While the boy revealed senses keen enough to recognize their oncoming foes, it would take time and experience to hone his instincts as a hunter, and that acceptable to Kaji. Though, there was a price to be paid for procrastination when danger lurked. “Fine then,” Kaji adjusted his posture to a seated one, and he looked to Tatsuo, uninspired suddenly. “Do you want to wait and see what happens once that caravan comes around the bend?”

The question was rhetorical, sarcastic even, as Kaji didn’t even wait for an answer before reaching for the slab beside him, and pulling himself back up to his feet. “You are correct, this is their hunting ground, but they’re not hunting billy goats or stags.” Then, two hairy blonde yaks pulling a wooden wagon driven by a single driver emerged from behind a blanket of risen snow. “Like it or not, we are protecting that caravan.”

“It is our duty!” Propelling himself over the stone, Kaji vanished from Tatsuo’s side and became a blur of speed darting into the treeline along the roadside. Activating the inherent strengths of his kind, Kaji became one with the darkness created from the canopy of countless tall trees. The man resembled a beast stalking through the dark in the light of day, finding shadows despite so many spots of blinding light. Two spots of bright green light reflected off his pupils like a panther prowling into pouncing range, and they were set upon the vision of four large spiders, crawling through a dense tapestry of webbing. Their trap was set and they were seconds away from springing out; but what they were not expecting was an intervention by The Hunter.

- WC: 304
- Completed WC requirement for Tutor
- Completed Post Requirement for Tutor
<i></i>

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tatuso sighed, he felt like Kaji was dissapointed in his lack of action. Maybe this is why they forced him to go back to school? He couldn't even attack some spiders if told to. However he didn't find it fair to attack spiders for just doing their own thing, they weren't attacking anyone or so he thought. Once the caravan came into play he had to change his strategy. He watched Kaji jump into action, seemingly getting ready to use a shadow move. Perhaps he was a Nara? Or could other people learn shadow techniques. Tatsuo didn't really know and unfortunately he didn't have the time figure out as he found himself answering the call to action. Hopping from behind the rock he noticed the caravansary, it was an old man his leathery and wrinkled skin seemed more tough than the harsh land they've been trekking through. His daughter seemed to be a young adult, with most of her face covered up except short bits of blonde hair peaking through. It would seem they were carrying dried meats, normally they wouldn't possess much of a smell but these spiders could probably sense the meat from miles away attracting them to them. However Tatsuo could not take too much time to analyze the situation as the nearest spider sprung right at the elderly man. Faster than even Tatsuo thought he could react, he was already under the spider and delivering a kick to its softer underbelly[roll 1]. His foot impaled the spider, killing it instantly as the arachnid went limp. Tatsuo ripped his leg out from the spider, barely spinning out from underneath the heavy spider[roll 2]. Tatsuo probably would have been impressed with himself if there weren't three more spiders to go. Kunai in hand he jumped between the party and the giant spiders, turning back to the caravansary he shouted. "Stay back, behind your yaks!" he commanded the caravansary who didn't have to be told twice before huddling behind their yaks. Had Tatsuo's ears not been covered with muffs, he probably could've heard whispered prayers from the two. Looking back to the three spiders left, this was the first good look Tatsuo got of them. He was right on their size, they were all about three feet, they were white speckled with ice colored spots. Their black beedy eyes were locked on Tatsuo, unaware of Kaji's movements. Their legs were hairy, probably preventing the cold from effecting their constantly snow covered feet. Forming a small triangle, the trio turned away from Tatsuo. Tatsuo grinned, perhaps they were scared from the slaughter he gave to the first one. However he was quickly humbled when together they shot a thick, net like, web at Tatsuo and the caravan behind him. Within an instant, Tatsuo found himself trapped in the thick web. His kunai was having a hard time slashing through the thick web, it would take a bit of time for him to cut himself out. But time wasn't something he had on his side, the spiders were now charging him at full speed. Their combined charged made a small flurry of snow in the air, lowering the visibility for all looking at them, Tatsuo included. Frantically Tatsuo began to try and cut through the web to free himself. "Kaji, help!" Tatsuo would cry out as he continued to cut through the web. He looked behind the small snow flurry, trying to spot Kaji but he was positive, if Kaji didn't want to be seen, he wouldn't be seen. To no avail, he thought, maybe this was his punishment for not wanting to go to school? Maybe Kaji set this whole thing up to make him appreciate school more, there weren't any giant spiders in school. Except maybe in textbooks.
Roll 1 = 20
Roll 2 = 12

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Passing through the abundance of shadows, Kaji was weaving to the left and right as he charged the horde of king-sized arachnids. The four targets were strewn about thick, cable-like strands of webbing, and the veteran shinobi recognized the outlines of large cocoons as he entered the range needed for his single scimitar, the mighty Eelspine. Entering the fray with emeraldine chakra flaring off the fine edge of his blade, Kaji whirled about in a wild spin and bore down upon the first spider. Clean slices across the monstrous creature’s backside immobilized it with fine cuts. Kaji was as precise and powerful as ever, and each slice in his whirl of blows hacked through another limb. Kaji held fast to the massive spider, seizing hold of coarse tufts of matted fur in his free hand.

The force of Kaji’s prowess made the work with one blade resemble several as crescent streaks trailed around the flurry, six at a time when counted by the naked eye. And while Kaji was fast at work dismembering the first of four denizens, the other three spider felt the sting of hunger as the passing carriage came into view. As the thoughtless predators they were, the remaining three vermin left the first to die, and committed to their scheme to capture the caravan for a meal.

As if they were flushed out by the slaughter of their comrade, the trio of remaining spiders emerged from their cover, and one turned to Tatsuo, who found the courage to join his companion in the fray. At first, the boy had a successful encounter with the creature, and found a weak point in the spider’s exoskeleton, causing its underbelly to cave inward from the gut-busting blunt force of a mere kick. The force managed to puncture the beast, and steam from its warm entrails rolled off of Tatsuo’s leg as he skittered away from the falling monstrosity.

Placing himself between the remaining spiders and the slowing caravan, Tatsuo found himself being surrounded by the spider’s sheer size. The duo spewed thick webbing at the boy, attempting to bind him, and take him as a meal before turning to the caravan. They were stupid beasts from what Kaji could measure, and had forgotten about the danger he posed once they closed in upon his charge. Upon Tatsuo’s cry for aid, the form of Kaji emerged from a burst of white mist dispersing as two trees bent to let him pass.

Before his feet touched the ground, a flurry of single-handed seals proceeded a missile of blazing emeraldine chakra. A ball of fervent green flames hit the spider to the left and smothered it in a blanket of fire. One a last, defeated arachnid remained once the third was erased to cinders. However, the last spider was undaunted by the death of its kind, and was nearly upon Tatsuo with it’s vile pincers, when the blur of Kaji rushing slid beside it, skidding through the snow. Leading with an upward strike, Kaji targeted the beast’s left right front leg, destabilizing it before doubling backward and grabbing another appendage. Kaji slid himself in front of the spider now, narrowly weaving backward to avoid a big bite before dipping low again and dismembering another leg on the opposite side. Streaks of blue blood spilled into the snow and ran profusely as the large vermin stumbled, turned, and struggled to track the agile shinobi.

The bystanding traveling pair who mounted the yak-drawn carriage were in awe at the two shinobi, and watched with the jaws dropped as Kaji pounced on the monster, and drove his blade down the center of the spider’s head, down to the crossguard; centered between an abundance of eyes. Their witnesses were captivated enough to treat their battle like a show, and offered eager applause with a pair of clapping, mittened hands.

“Well, that’s that” Kaji decided with a grin from his seat atop the back of the final dead spider. “Nice job there, Tatsuo,” Kaji saluted the boy’s effort for good measure and proceeded to slowly pull Eelspine out of the expired creature’s skull. Notice the mess of webbing binding him, Kaji couldn’t help but laugh at Tatsuo’s turmoil. “That was one for you, and three for me; not a bad start for an academy student. Better watch out for those webs next time, you were off to a hot start.” Meaning to reinforce the lesson to not get himself webbed, Kaji turned his back to Tatsuo and left him to cut himself free. Instead, Kaji approached the caravan, who had yet to continue rolling by once the fight concluded. “If we were a moment too soon, you two might have been troubled here,” he said, celebrating their work. The riders revealed themselves to be mere merchants and were grateful for the shinobi and their intervention. Explaining himself to be a lowly hunter, and Tatsuo his apprentice, Kaji suggested that they had ventured to the mountainside to procure samples of that spider breed’s venom.

Revealing three small vials in the process, Kaji began milking venom from the fangs of the bloody corpse he skewered last. By the time he was finished Tatsuo would be free from the webbing, and the Kaji accepted a ride back to town, complements of the caravan, who appreciated their company.

- WC: 887
- Kaji has left the thread unless stopped.
<i>
</i>

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tatsuo frantically was trying to cut himself out, meanwhile Kaji was going on a rampage making short work of the vicious spiders. By the time Tatsuo had finally freed himself from the thick web, Kaji was speaking to the members of the caravan. He turned to them and said "Hello! My name's Tatsuo!" he grinned as he finally got all of the webbing off him. After speaking to them for a minute and agreeing to both head back to town together he nodded. For a short moment he forgot about having to go back to school once he was in the Cloud village. Luckily Tatsuo's clothing was not ruined by the thick webbing, he would have no way to replace this far from home and if he came back with a destroyed his jacket his mother would kill him. He couldn't be a ninja if he was dead Tatsuo thought before sighing realizing he wasn't actually a ninja yet anyways. However despite slipping back into that depression, he was quickly giggling and sharing a piece of reindeer sausage. She continued to gingerly offer it to Tatsuo, who happily obliged who was he to turn down free food? As Tatsuo finally stuffed his face with as much reindeer sasuage as she would offer, he began to wonder if all people in the Lightning Country were as hospitable as this. He sure hoped so, if everyone was super serious in the Cloud village, that wouldn't be too fun. Tatsuo's mind then wandered to the Leaf village, he wondered how everyone was doing without him. Especially Akira and that girl, he hoped the got something good. Maybe he'd try to buy some reindeer sasuage and bring it back to Akira.

[Topic Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back