Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Going home [Contract Search]

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Nanjirou Hanashi a master weaponsmith and a weapon-mistress had died long ago, she was Eishi's great grandmother and quite skilled in her arts. She had even made puppets and their limb structures for forgotten masters from Cloud. Eerily her name had been stricken from many historical texts because not only did she practice weapon making and weapon mastery she was a dark sage and would use the souls of her opponents that she felled in honorable combat to bring her special weapons and limbs to life. When Hanashi was twenty she was accosted by a group of men from a distant land. After beheading several of them a sharpshooter amongst them used his firearm to shoot off her arms at the elbow thinking that once she was literally disarmed that they could then have their way with her. The men thought they had her beaten but Hanashi was resilience and hatred incarnate. She called upon the metal in the area and formed fiery phantom metallic limbs that burned and cauterized her wounds as the fiery metals merged with her ruined arms. Reaching inside herself she called upon her dead mother and grandmother for power and they fueled her phantom metal limbs with their very souls. With her family skills she massacred the remaining twenty three men keeping their leader alive only long enough for him to explain the workings of his firearm. Using dark arts she took all thirty one souls and created weapons of such power and wrath the few nin could contend with her. Knowing that she would not live forever nor did she want to she placed a special seal upon her very blood that would carry on through her progeny until one or three of them were strong enough to awaken that special dark nanjirou seal and forge a weapon that only the heaven borne could dare challenge for all of Makai would tremble before it. Hanashi would hold out her metallic arms for Suika to touch their spectral forms and absorb the knowledge needed to assist Eishi directly if she dared to do so.

Otherwise, Hanashi would simply nod to Suika for feeling her name and actually pronouncing it correctly. It felt good to hear/sense her name after all these years. Perhaps Suika would take on her knowledge if Eishi failed to live up to his potential.

Isobe Akio sat in a distant corner charred and burnt beyond all recognition but as the soulforge was reborn so was he. Perhaps his son would end his torment but he doubted it. He had not been a good father. He had been in the process of selling his son to a dark sage whom promised him money and drugs to keep him addled to he died. Akio had never understood what made his son valuable and he probably never would but the dark sage knew. Eishi had looked upon the man and instantly fled causing the explosion leaving a massive piece of his soul behind, causing Hanashi's Dark Nanjirou seal to awaken in his blood to keep him alive. Now everything had come full circle and perhaps with the proper guidance the tragedy that was Eishi's past could be set to right and those that deserved it would receive their just and righteous rewards.

WC: 547

Eishi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"I don't have ancestors here. My mom is a disgraced lady of the Nanjirou and we're in the deep slums of Raiden's eye," I refuted Suika as I fitted two pieces of spirit metal for the arm into place with an audible 'click'.

I was having a good time just getting to do something I was good at and found enjoyment in as the forge kept coming back to life. I hadn't even noticed the change in the scenery until Suika took note of it. Even while I was having fun doing this, I was starting to feel the fatigue setting in. It took effort whether I used my metal bending or not, but I was definitely at an advantage when it came to actual building complicated machinery. The hardest part had always been the screwing and putting it all together and I eliminated that problem leaving me to focus on the mental portion of making sure everything was put in the right place. I was about halfway done with this damned arm before hearing Suika begin talking to another apparition in the room. It took me a moment to find where her eyes had been looking and even then, I didn't see anything. It wasn't until I concentrated on the spot and squinted my eyes that I was able to detect it.

I honestly hadn't noticed the other ghost. I know it wasn't because I wasn't paying attention, they were actively trying to hide from my sight. At first, I got very confused, but that soon changed to fear as I finally got a good look at her. The ghost looked strikingly similar to my late mother. Even the dark skin tone she had was similar, though, mom had been slightly lighter in complexion compared to this woman. Regardless I was pretty speechless until I noticed both of her arms were metal made. That struck me as both odd and familiar.

"She looks like my mum'," I shuttered, falling back into my slum dialect for a second there. I said it quietly enough that no one besides Suika, who was next to me, should've been able to hear as I tensed up. Before I knew what was going on, the ghost was reaching out towards Suika. I recoiled, scooting back, and dropped my four metal dodecahedrons from my sides as I channeled [Magnetic Control] into them. I rapidly sharpened each of the twenty spikes and spun them about around my shoulders. I was already on edge, and I had the distinct feeling this lady was the ancestor Suika had been talking about. She had a feeling to her that screamed at me that she was my kin, but honestly, that meant nothing to me. My closest kin had abused or neglected me for my first eight years of life, so it mattered little what she was to me. The only thing that mattered to me then was that she had an aura about her and it screamed at me 'bad news'. It screamed that her soul was dark, hollow, and cold. I didn't like it in the slightest and I sure as shit didn't trust her.

Either way, I wasn't going to make any other move until I was certain of this bitch's intentions. Every instinct I had told me she wasn't my ally, even if she was family.

Suika

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As Suika continued to assist Eishi in crafting the metallic arm and, thus, restoring the spirit forge, she was approached by the Nanjirou boy’s ancestor. The dark-skinned woman reached out her hand to the young Ghostwalker. How would Suika respond?

After glancing at the ancestor for a few seconds, she simply turned her head away and continued to focus on Eishi. While she didn’t know fully the spirit’s intentions, she felt Eishi tense up the moment she reached out her arm. It wasn’t so much that Suika was wary of the boy’s passed ancestor, but more so that she trusted her comrade’s instincts. If Eishi wasn’t cool with Hanashi’s embrace, then so wasn’t Suika. It was simple, really. The young gypsy continued to lend her chakra and support to the one-armed shinobi. Surely, this would help him in his task in restoring the forge. Shifting her attention to Iwao momentarily, she posed the spirit a question.“Iwao-san,” she called out as she continued to stream in chakra, “do you have any relation to this spirit, Hanashi? Also, what will you have us do further? We are prepared for whatever is necessary bring restoration and healing to this place.” After her question, Suika made sure to acknowledge the teacup wolf on her shoulder. She didn’t forget about her little friend, either.

“Do you want to continue, Eishi?” She sensed the boy’s reluctance, so she’d follow his lead in the steps they took next. Recognizing that not every aspect of this building was pure, she also instinctively stood guard over her friend. While she trusted in his abilities and her own, it was better to be safe than sorry. Suika kept to her sharpest senses and readied herself for whatever happened next. For the both the spirit’s and the boy’s sake, she’d ensure the sanctity and success of this little mission that they were tasked with.

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Iwao spoke aloud for a change as he explained... "Hanashi is Eishi's great grandmother and once upon a time my teacher, she taught me how to make prosthetics and ninja tools, even today her knowledge would be second to none. It seems she wants to help her descendant but there is a darkside to it. If she helps you then you would acquire her knowledge and instincts. Hanashi fought many horrible men and terrible enemies. The power and rage of her spirit that allowed her to overcome such odds is not something you can easily bear like Eishi. Eishi's hate is pure but then he gets that from his mother's side."

While Eishi was distracted with the lingering presence of his great grandmother his father's cursed spirit attacked. Eishi always had a hard time determining who was the true threat because he had so much anger and pain in his heart. That anger and pain could revive his father's form if his cursed form could reach Eishi's heart. Since Suika had not accepted Hanashi's aid her calm helpful spirit would be of no help to Eishi in his struggle as Suika was thrown back by a massive malevolence as an evil undead creature that Eishi would immediately recognize as his father lashed out with tendrils of dark energy attempting to take Eishi's darkness so that he might live again.

Isobe Akio now recollected to himself as a wraith lashed out at his son. He would take his son's heart and be reborn and then eat all the souls within the now only 70% cursed building. Eishi may have inadvertently helped some souls escape but as long as he prevented Eishi from completing the arm and thereby restoring the forge Akio's pact with the dark sage would be fulfilled and he would gain eternal life and eternal power stealing all the knowledge of Eishi's nanjirou blood and making it his own.

0repmOt.png

OOC: Suika did not accept Hanashi's knowledge which would have allowed her to help so she cannot help Eishi in this battle. If she has healing jutsu and the ability to use it at a distance she can do as such but physically entering this battle without the aid of ANY WILLING GUARDIAN SPIRIT is not possible...

Eishi please post your up to date battle stats...

First round goes to Akio with his sneak attack as he sat unnoticed by Suika and Eishi whom seemed to be focused on his Great Grandmother.

As such his first three attacks are auto-hits unless Eishi has an auto-dodge ability.
Akio gets three attacks per round and if he manages to take enough blood directly from Eishi’s heart he revives as a LIVING BEING currently he is undead and can only be harmed by spectral, or spiritually enhanced weapons*.
IF either of you are well versed in Japanese mythology or the way summoning circles work in Naruto/Boruto or other Anime/Manga you may be able to figure out a way to stop Akio without a full start to finish stat based battle.

HOWEVER due to your reactions this past RP there is no avoiding this first round of attacks. GOOD LUCK…
Suika can still try to talk to the wraith or distract it or get help from ANY of the other spirits in the immediate vicinity

((LET ME BE CLEAR... THIS MEANS YOU CAN STILL TALK YOUR WAY OUT OF A BATTLE THIS INSTANCE OF AN ATTACK ONLY CAME ABOUT AS A RESULT OF THE ACTIONS IN THE RP))

Once battle stats are posted for Eishi rolls for the effectiveness of Akio’s attacks will be made.
Wraith Akio stats and write up:
Abilities:
1) Sixth Sense= ESP
2) Defensive Technique = Mind Guard** Ancient Technique which no longer exists this is purely to make the battle hard
Effect:
- When in defensive mode, the player receives -1 to accuracy per +1 to dodge instead of the normal +2 dodge -4 Accuracy defense penalty.
-The maximum amount of dodge for accuracy they may swap is 4.
- -10% Damage Taken while in Defensive Mode**
Note:
-This is not a style/stance, and may be used simultaneously with another style.
3) Duelist
- +2 Accuracy/DC and +10% damage towards a single target. User must choose a target at beginning of battle.
Should the target be KO, or no longer in the battle, the user may choose another target.
Targeting any other opponent (excluding clones) from the initial target will nullify this ability for the remainder of the battle.
- +10% chance to auto-dodge the targets attacks
- -2 Dodge/Save to any other opponents targeting the user
Notes:
- When choosing a target, the user must declare what type of Accuracy or DC buff they wish to receive. Either Melee, Ranged, Ninjutsu, Genjutsu, or Puppet. The type of buff remains constant as long as this ability is active.
- Clones are considered an extension of their owner and all above effects will still apply.
4) Combat Instinct - you get stronger as you beat your opponent
5) Hidden Power - you get stronger as your opponent injures you
6) Called Shot - you can aim for specific limbs
7) Calm Mind - you can maintain barriers & genjutsu while resting
8) Fearless - you regenerate
9) Willpower - no illusion can hold you when you cancel
*With the steady augment Akio’s defensive technique allows him to have +4 dodge at -2 accuracy
or in his case with Mind Guard** +4 Gen Save for -2 gen dif
His natural accuracy to HIT is untouched :p and his dodge is now +4 (based off his GEN SAVE)

Unreal Understanding - Passive (3 points)
Due to their experiences with the surreal and illusionary, Ghost Walkers are less affected by illusions and tend to be less fearful than others, not being completely affected by the intended penalties.
Effect: All penalties from genjutsu are reduced by 1. Additionally, all % chances in Genjutsu to cause a negative effect on the user are reduced by 10%.
Extra-Sensory Perception - Modification (2 points)
Restriction- Requires Sixth Sense
Honed beyond that mere "gut instinct" that some people can get, a Ghost Walker’s ability to know things by feeling is just downright creepy in how accurate they can be. They can often tell if something’s real or not (a fake, illusion, supernatural occurrence) just by looking at it.
Effect: +2 to Awareness and Genjutsu Save
Ethereal - Boost (3 points)
Restriction- Can only be purchased a maximum of 3 times.
Ghost Walkers can often take an ethereal form, hence the name. In some cases, they remain partly ethereal almost all the time, part in the world, and part in the world beyond.
Effect: -5% damage taken
Sound Mind - Boost (3 points)
Restriction- Can only be purchases a maximum of 3 times.
Because of their many encounters with the supernatural or unreal, Ghost Walkers are far less affected by the strange or illusionary, giving them a calm mind in the face of the bizarre or unreal, and allowing them to come out on top in a contest of wills.
Effect: +1 Genjutsu DC
Spirit Barrier - Modification (2 Points)
Restriction- Requires Barrier
There is more to this barrier than the mere name, as one attuned to the spirits can hear the whispers of ghosts around it as it shapes into existence. These spirits are more likely to withstand blows for one who can speak to them.
Effect: Barrier gains 1500 HP more than normal when used and fully heals itself each round. The user gains back 1% Max HP a turn while it is in use.
Psychokinesis - Independent Special Move (2 pts)
Attempting to flee from a Ghost Walker in pursuit of you can be very difficult. Their keen senses are not the only reason; a Ghost Walker is capable of completely shutting down any of their targets' attempts to 'cheat' them out of a hit.
Effect: If any of the user's attacks are auto-dodged, they may reflexively pay 1 AP to cancel the auto-dodge. This requires a Genjutsu Check, and may only effect a target once every other round.
Notes:
- This may be used as its own conditional, and does not have to be tagged to a specific attack. (For example, the conditional could read 'use Psychokinesis on the first attack of mine that is auto-dodged.')
- Can be used on Activated Auto-dodges as well as passive auto-dodge activations.

Mind Guard - Modification (5 Points) (OLD NC GW ABILITY)
Restriction- Requires Defensive Technique
Effect: When in defensive mode, the player receives -1 to accuracy per +1 to dodge instead of the normal +2 dodge -4 Accuracy defense penalty.
-The maximum amount of dodge for accuracy they may swap is 4.
Through Mind Guard the GW’s dodge is now based off their GEN SAVE and their negative penalty comes from their GEN DIFF
Note:
-This means their dodge rolls are based off their gen save but their accuracy is still based off their natural accuracy (which is why this ability modification was removed)
-This is not a style/stance, and may be used simultaneously with another style

Kinjutsu (Revenant)
- The user is able to partially detach their limbs, enabling to "stretch" themselves through their tendrils while attacking opponents with their weapons. Attacks made this way have the following special considerations.
• Attacks are resolved using Ranged Accuracy rather than Melee Accuracy. When making a "stretched" attack the user must choose whether to apply their Melee or Ranged bonuses to the attack and only one set may be applied to a single attack. A "stretched" attack which has Ranged bonuses applied counts for all intents and purposes as a "ranged attack" that retains it's original Accuracy Type (a Nanjirou which "stretches" a melee attack and chooses Ranged still applies their Slashing/Piercing or Physical Damage bonuses but no Melee-specific Damage bonuses).
• "Stretched" attacks have a 25% chance to be a Sneak Attack.
• After attacking from Stealth with a "stretched" attack the user is automatically given a free attempt to return to Stealth with a +2 bonus.
In addition to the above the user may harvest a heart from an unconscious or recently killed target and implant it within their own body. This requires a 300 word RP from the user and slays the target in the process if they are unconscious. Harvesting a heart gives no bonus on it's own but is required for many of the other techniques contained within the Revenant Kinjutsu. User may only harvest a heart once a week and may have up to a maximum of five hearts stored in their body at a time.

Note(s):
- "Stretched" attacks cost no additional AP -- they need only be declared.
- Opponents gain the cumulative Awareness bonus against the user for leaving Stealth Mode even if they automatically return to Stealth Mode following a "stretched" attack from Stealth.
- If harvesting a heart from an unconscious player the user may choose either the Forced Kill or the User's Choice option. All rules associated with killing a player mid-battle are applied to harvesting a heart from them during combat.

Weapon: Revenant Energy Tendrils
Steady, vanguard, ninjutsu composition (explosive)

Malicious Tendrils - B-Rank Ninjutsu
With fine control over their inner cords and filaments, controlling each and every strand is as simple to a Revenant as moving their arms and fingers. They may weaponize their inner threads through the numerous scars upon their body, controlling them with frightening accuracy that allows them to home in a target with surprising speed. Though each thread is thinner than a senbon needle, each is just as piercing, and when wrapped layer upon layer can be as lethal as any weapon or jutsu.

Information
Prerequisites
Revenant, B-Rank

Rank 1: User can release 11 bundles of threads, each dealing 180 Damage at +2 Accuracy. Should at least 6 hit, there is a 21% chance at causing Bleeding.

Special Action - Cords of Corruption: User may combined all bundles in an attempt to bind a single opponent rather than deal damage with Malicious Tendrils at -2 Accuracy. Upon a full hit the opponent is bound in wires and has a 20% chance of escaping per 2 AP used. While binding an opponent using this special action the user may not target any other opponents with Malicious Threads. This costs 400 CP/rnd to maintain.

Cost
Rank 1: 580 Cp

Note:
- Does not use handseals.
- Can use either Ranged Accuracy or Ninjutsu Accuracy.
- Up to 10 bundles may hit a single target.
- If Malicious Threads is cast while binding an opponent using the special action it may only target the bound opponent but each bundle deals 10% additional base damage.
- Counts as a Non-Elemental Ninjutsu but also benefits from Projectile Taijutsu bonuses.

Vanguard = 10% dmg red
Fearless = 10% dmg red
Mind Guard = 10% dmg red
Ethereal = 15% physical dmg red

Dark Spirit Repair - B-Rank Ninjutsu

An immediate benefit of possessing a rag-doll body is the capability of using their control over their chakra-infused threads swiftly repair damage by shifting their threads. Even the most lethal of wounds can be simply sewn shut together, adding yet another scar to their disfigured body. Similarly, attempting to cripple, or even sever, a limb of these shinobi will prove equally ineffective; their body constantly creates new threads to replace damaged ones in a sort of high speed regeneration.

Information
Prerequisites
Revenant, B-Rank

Rank 1: User may reduce their own Bleeding and Called Shot penalties by 1 rank. The target recovers 1% Max Hp + 150 Hp.
Rank 2: User may either reduce their own Bleeding and Called Shot penalties by 1 rank, or do the same to a single ally. The target recovers 2% Max Hp + 200 Hp.

Special Action: By paying an additional 1.5 Ap and repaying the Cp cost, the user may combo this Jutsu into itself. Upon using this action, this Jutsu may not be recast for the remainder of the round.

Cost
Rank 1: 730 Cp
Master Rank: 910 Cp

Suika

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As Suika listened in on Iwao’s words, she shot the man an acknowledged nod. So Hanashi had the power necessary to help them, but there was some type of dark twist to it? Shaking her head, she was still reluctant receiving help from Eishi’s ancestor. While Hanashi could prove useful to them in their quest, if Eishi was uncomfortable with it, then she’d follow his instincts.

All that changed within a blink of an eye.

Suddenly, and to her surprise, some type of malevolent wraith sprouted from the shadows and aimed its sights at Eishi. The attack separated the two, unfortunately, and Suika was some distance from the one-armed shinobi to truly help fend off the demon. With gritted teeth and eyes that searched desperately for some type of advantage over the creature, she locked glances with the dark-skinned Nanjirou, Hanashi. “Hanashi-san,” Suika called out with urgency as she neared the spirit, “are you familiar with this creature?” She attempted to reach out her hand and grasp the spirit’s hand, hoping the fallen woman did not revoke her previous offer. Regardless if she accepted or not, Suika would seek ways to improvise within this situation. Well-versed in exorcism and fending off demons, the young Ghostwalker girl began constructing a seal to prevent the demon’s movements and, hopefully, bind it. If Hanashi had a plan, this would buy them some time. Facing the three spirits around her, Iwao, Hanashi, and the teacup wolf, she requested their immediate assistance.

“Please, friends, help us protect this forge and your home! We cannot let that creature harm Eishi.” Gathering the materials necessary, she cued the others to stand around the beast, form a seal, and focus their spiritual energy into the evil-suppressing seal she configured. The seal was comprised of ethereal rods all planted in a perfect circle around the beast and Eishi, along with drops of Suika's own blood. The rods were constructed of raw spiritual energy, and burst with fiery spiritual aura. She wasn’t sure if the spirits would abide by her request, but if not, then she’d attempt to do herself. Within her bind, she’d also channel her otherworldly abilities within her rods to use “Reaper’s Gaze” to bind the creature’s energy and movement. Whether this was plausible or not was yet to be seen, but she was hoping her emergency plan would help fend the evil spirit off before it could really damage her friend.

Aside from her sealing and jutsu attempts, Suika would listen in closely on Hanashi’s advice, if she chose to share, and would follow her lead and cue if need be.

Eishi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"I don't care, blood means nothing to me. If she wants to help, she can do it through words. I'm not entrusting either of us to some mean-spirited bitch of a grandmother's mind rape," I hissed at the demented man's words, I really meant it too. What possible scenario would make me trust anyone from my family any more than a stranger with my history? I held nothing but contempt for the lot of them, past or present so don't try to sell me on their assistance. It also gave me time to remember this guy was also pretty complacent when I was suffering next door, even before he became a senile old dog. I was getting more and more angry at this god damn apartment building and all of its ghostly residents. They were all annoying me to no end when all I wanted to do was turn my spear into a tsukumogami. I was going to continue on with my ranting but I was sideswiped by something big, dark, and hungry.

I skidded across the ground and then the wall as an intangible force pulled me off into another room. I was only able to reorient myself after a couple seconds flying through the air, my head hitting a number of dull objects over and over again along the way. I was beyond livid at this point. I could tell a ghost was fucking with me and I was going to rip it a new asshole. With the only thing I still had in my hand, I used the fake arm I had been working on and slapped the ever living shit out of the ghost until it let me go. I was able to do so as I landed hard on my back, a light groan escaping me as I lay there. I was able to get myself up to my feet quickly enough and my black little heart nearly skipped a beat at what I saw. There he was, the scum behind all my past suffering. Maybe it was because I only had a third of soul, maybe it was because I was already beyond annoyed at everything that had happened so far, but I nearly lost my nerves at seeing him again as I began to chuckle,

"I thought I smelled a burning pile of shit. It really does sting the nose," I said, raising my hand with the metal arm to my nose and pointing with my free index finger.

"Here I was thinking I might get lucky and you'd already burning in hell, old man," I spoke, anger just under the surface of my words as I spat a loogie at the demon's feet. Raising the metal hand to my side, my anger barely contained. I wasn't a weak child like I had been in the past, and if I took it for what it was, it may as well have been a gift from God. How else was I going to feel satisfied unless I beat this 'thing' back to hell? Without much more thought for my wellbeing, I grumbled at Iwai as I went in to give my 'dad' another couple thousand solid slap to his ghostly face with this half-finished metal arm. It was the only thing in my possession currently that could hurt spirits when my spear had been confiscated and I planned to make this a long and painful brawl.

"Iwai, if I die because you took my spear, I swear I will end you," I threatened, already ready and warring to go hard at this apparition of pure scum in front of me.

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC: after making checks against your stats and a couple of rolls needless to say Isobe Akio doesn't come close to truly harming you. His sneak attack was barely able to hurt you even with three autohits all he could do was try to grapple you.

Hanashi touched Suika’s hands and sixty years of fighting experience intermingled with prosthetic arm construction, puppet limb gadgetry, weapon actualization and internal spirit seals imprinted briefly upon Suika’s soul. As Suika performed an exorcism ritual using reaper’s gaze the unthinkable occurred. Her exorcism struck Eishi not because of her intent but because of his intense rage and overflowing wrath. Just as Eishi swung the metallic arm he had been working on Suika’s Reaper gaze spiritual energy rods struck him and his half-finished metallic prosthetic arm.
Gathering the materials necessary, she cued the others to stand around the beast, form a seal, and focus their spiritual energy into the evil-suppressing seal she configured. The seal was comprised of ethereal rods all planted in a perfect circle around the beast and Eishi, along with drops of Suika's own blood. The rods were constructed of raw spiritual energy, and burst with fiery spiritual aura. She wasn’t sure if the spirits would abide by her request, but if not, then she’d attempt to do herself. Within her bind, she’d also channel her otherworldly abilities within her rods to use “Reaper’s Gaze” to bind the creature’s energy and movement. Whether this was plausible or not was yet to be seen, but she was hoping her emergency plan would help fend the evil spirit off before it could really damage her friend.

Three of her spiritual rods bonded with and reinforced Eishi’s half - finished arm giving it the remaining portions it needed except a hand until Eishi in his rage and unique happiness slapped the cursed spirit of his father again with the spiritually imprinted metallic arm. The fusion of spirit, metal, rage, chakra, and blood gave his unique prosthetic life.

The binding worked but not in the manner that Suika was expecting as she used her own blood and life essence to infuse the seal as Hanashi’s knowledge, wrath, and skill set imprinted. Iwao was unable to do a thing because he was bound by heavenly and demonic forces to complete one task but the tiny metallic wolf protected Suika from the backlash of her own efforts briefly forming a shimmering barrier of loyalty which was consummately absorbed by Eishi’s now nearly complete arm. It was only after Eishi in his wrath and spite struck his father’s spirit with all his wrath and hatred. A righteous hatred, it was there and as Suika witnessed it Hanashi’s memories reinforced her train of thought allowing her to see the source of Hanashi and Eishi’s true power, blind, unyielding, vicious, righteous, completely and overpoweringly justified WRATH. With each blow Eishi landed upon his father the arm became more and more complete. Suika’s blood intermingled with the spiritual energy she had transferred to the metallic limb caused it to take a life of its own. Eishi beat upon his father’s wraith like form until he was no more. Each blow freeing more and more souls until only mangled burnt wisp of a soul remained of Eishi’s father as he held up his hands for mercy. Hanashi snarled at the pathetic addict. Her eyes were like Eishi’s pure malice.
ilKdBh4.jpg

The tiny metallic wolf had expended a great deal of energy protecting Suika and collapsed spiritually exhausted. Suika could impart more energy and power to Eishi’s living metallic arm if she dared.

The structure around them was all but pristine. You would never have known it had burnt down before were it not for the scent of molten metal. Only 10% of the tormented souls remained. Outside of the apartment complex that had now been transformed into a Tsukumogami complex stood a stranger dressed in dark robes. Much of his face was hidden except his smile. It was not a kind smile. He looked upon Eishi and Suika from afar as if they were snacks.

Iwao spoke aloud again as he explained... "Your spear has been alive for a long time, it is you whom has not called its name to wield it in true battle. Your father is no match for you. I doubt he ever was… take the remainder of his soul and fuel the forge with it and your journey will be complete, or forgive him and take another path. It does not truly matter what you do so long as you do it quickly and decisively lest you allow the dark sage near the entrance to your temple a chance to take your power and your companion’s life as his own."

Eishi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
I spent a good long couple of minutes beating that old spirit into undeath. The metal arm developing on its own as I slapped the ever living hell back into that evil soul was an amazing feature, for sure. It wasn't until I only heard light moaning that I finally stopped. grabbing my god damn spear, I struck the poor fucker in the head one last time, my rage had finally subsided and I was feeling pretty fatigued from the effort.

"May you burn in hell, you rotten fuck," I prayed and bowed before spitting on his disappearing remains. My voice cold and angry as I personally exorcised this demon. I ignored Iwai's words like they were air. I already knew that I hadn't awoken my spirit, that was the point. It was why I was trying to summon a tsukumogami, why I needed this place for its death energy. Now that I released the clog, I still needed to get to work and already I was exhausted.

"With that out of the way and your forge renewed, we are done here. Now get out. You've delayed us long enough," I scoffed at the ghost. I had half a mind to soul trap the old blacksmith, but he'd be gone soon enough if his promise held up. I motioned to Suika as I was leaving.

"Looks like you found a suitable item," I noted her possessed teacup with a small nod of my head,

"Bring it along, it'll probably be fine to turn it into a proper tsukumogami if my own findings on the subject are correct," I told her, my voice going back to normal for the first time in who knows how many minutes as I holstered my spear once more. This time I was keeping a firm grip on it magnetically as I walked back to my apartment. Weary that I was about to lose it once again to some sticky fingers. Upon entering my old apartment, I went straight to the summoning circle and said the magic words,

“I summon any spirit who shall invite me into their domain. I am an unsung hero from cloud bringing along one of my concubines. I beseech thee to grant us an audience, so that we may commune,” I held my smile just long enough to see Suika's reaction to my words. It would never get old messing with my friends at the most opportune time for embarrassment. It also should be noted I had said 'any spirit', but that was more a formality seeing as I knew who I'd get answering the door. It was only a matter of time until they came.

Suika

Yen
ASP
Deaths
With Hanashi’s knowledge, fueled by pain, wrath, and sheer power, filled her body, Suika focused her spiritual energy into the evil-suppressing seal she crafted. To her surprise, her binding, along with Reaper’s Gaze, provoked a different effect than she anticipated. Due to Eishi’s raw rage and hatred toward his father, her energy instead targeted him and, in part, the prosthetic arm. In an odd turn of events, the arm reacted positively with her spiritual chakra and was further transformed as Eishi furthered his assault against his demonic father. The backlash of her jutsu would normally place quite the toll on the girl’s body, but the tiny tea cup wolf, with all its might, shielded her from this. Thanks to the pup, she was saved! The kunoichi continued to focus streaming her chakra into this – hopefully, both the arm and forge would be complete in its restoration.

It wasn’t long until Eishi finished off his evil father. With eyes that matched Hanashi’s, the boy expressed a “good riddance” type of attitude. Suika sighed – this was proved quite the feat. There was so much to process, but, other than noticing the pristine transformation of the once burnt-down forge, she sensed her tea cup wolf’s chakra low. Grinning, she reached out to the pup. “Thanks for protecting me, friend. Take some of my energy and rest – you’ve earned it!” With that, she’d attempt to pour a small burst of chakra into the pup. Hopefully that’d help it out.

Turning toward Hanashi, she gave the sassy spirit a quick head bow of gratitude for her imparted knowledge. With it came a cost, as Suika now felt the burden Hanashi carried, but it was necessary for what they had accomplished. The kunoichi would carry that perspective and absorb its lessons for the rest of her days. Before she could acknowledge the spirit verbally, she felt a disturbance in the air. With eyes darting to her side, she spotted a mysterious hooded figure that wreaked of a dreadful aura. Whatever it was, it was waiting for its opportunity to strike. Taking heed of Iwao’s words, the girl nodded assuredly. “Yes, let’s finish this up and restore this forge. We got this, Iwao-san.”

As Eishi, with his spear and materials, attempted to restore the forge to one-hundred percent and reclaim the area in the name of “Tsukogami”, Suika, again, played a supporting role and focused her chakra into the boy. It was momentarily disrupted with his immature comment regarding her role, but she shook it off with a simple eye roll. This was Eishi, after all. If he had gone too long without saying something a bit rude or uncalled for, Suika would be worried if his father’s spirit possessed him or not. Anyway…

“Yes, Tsukogami, help us restore this forge completely as we claim this as your territory.” With another assured nod toward Iwao and her teacup wolf, Suika did her best to complete the ritual and rid this place of all malevolence. With her blunt, yet skillful friend Eishi by her side, she knew they could accomplish this.

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ignoring the Dark Sage standing just outside the nearly completely remade Apartment complex. Eishi and Suika had yet to see what they had accomplished. They did not know what the Dark Sage had done to trap so many tormented souls in the structure that Eishi's wrath and Suika's helpfulness had all but completely purified. The forges below them were simply tools.

Using the metal and spirits inside the structure in conjunction with a metallic summoning circle had altered the entire building dramatically. It was no longer a simple apartment complex it was now a Tsukumogami temple. A place where the creations of others could take upon themselves the actual quality of life. Eishi and Suika had inadvertently forged a living metallic gauntlet fueled by the decrepit spirit of his now truly deceased father.

Suika had become a living spiritual battery, her calm concerted efforts to get along with and learn from the spirits had given her a priestess like aura. Her tiny metallic wolf was her staunchest defender. Iwao was free the moment the arm was complete and his disappeared from their presence completely.

With Spear in hand along with his prosthetic battle gauntlet Eishi again ignored the danger before him and raced toward completing his task.
Suika followed suit, ever faithful to her companion no matter how rude, or condescending he was.

As Suika supported Eishi with high amounts of spiritual chakra his task seemed to be at an end as he stepped into his original summoning circle and spoke the words he needed to bring about a chance to finish his original plan.

The Spear broke from his magnetic grasp easily to float before him awaiting a name and a persona. Partially asleep but fully alive.

Eishi expected something or someone familiar to greet him after speaking the chant but what he got was something he may not have expected.

His metallic limb had gained an identity all its own as the power of 89 and 1/3 tormented souls passed their rage into him and with the slaying of Akio 'TENBATSU' was now awake. He had feasted deeply upon the remnants of rage and suffering as the souls were released from their cages by Eishi and Suika's actions. Tenbatsu hungered for more and he would have it now.

With a technique similar to Akio's tendrils, metallic blade hooks shot forth and tore into the remaining flesh of Eishi's originally lost limb along with his shoulder and upper rib-cage. It feasted on his malice, his hatred, his dark wrath, and all that remained of his soul till it was truly whole and fully empowered.
XYaqzy8.jpg

Eishi withstood the terrible pain and managed to keep from passing out.

"YOU ARE STRONG EISHI. SO VERY STRONG TO HAVE BROUGHT ONE SUCH AS ME TO LIFE. YOU HAVE SUCH TERRIBLE RAGE BUT YOU HAVE NO TRUE CONTROL. ALAS THAT LACK OF CONTROL IS WHAT HAS DOOMED YOU NOW."<i></i>

The last ten remaining souls of torment that had been at the top of the structure that had once been an apartment complex were called forth by the dark sage's power. Thieves, murderers they were all save one. Nanako had been a medic, he was a surgeon but not the kind that worked on emergencies he was the kind of surgeon that restored beauty and functionality to injured people and animals. He was never a good doctor but Nanako's skill and technique in repairing wounds, grafting flesh, and making the injured, ugly, or unwanted beautiful was extraordinary. He would never cure cancer or be the final answer to stopping a disease but anyone with scars could once upon a time be free of unwanted blemishes if they could find him.

Nanako responded to the Dark Sage's power because of the curse but he did not want to like the others. They relished the opportunity to ravage a young girl. Kunoichi or not.

All ten dark souls snatched Suika away leaving Eishi at the mercy of hungry spirits that would feed on the last of his soul and gain power beyond imagining from Eishi's bloodline. Eishi had a 'Power' the dark sage had sought ever since he had attempted to buy Eishi long ago.

Grabbed by the partially substantial spirits and dragged to the waiting spirit draining circle of the dark sage he looked upon her with a smile.
5AhWEVe.jpg
"What have we here? Such a precious and strong girl just waiting for me to feast on her soul before I take up the main course. The little manling that thwarted my plans long ago. Without you to aid him this structure will eat the last remnants of his soul and without a soul he cannot stop me from taking this temple as my own. An army of living weapons and armor will be mine and your power will be the icing on the cake."<i></i>

Ice lanced up from the ground and bound Suika's limbs tight. The tiny wolf tried in vain to help but even with the chakra Suika had given him he had little left.
Nanako quickly picked up and hid the tiny wolf then winked at Suika. As he touched her arm a small bit of the ice cracked and Suika saw that Nanako had managed to save his last patient by throwing her into a dum-waiter that dropped her passed the smoke and flames into a room filled with discarded linens, towels, and bed sheets. He had not been able to finish her surgery so her left eye and part of her face would still need healing even today.

Suika could read Nanako quite easily he could not attack his summoner but he could weaken the summoner's binds a little.

Hanashi's memories, skills, and wrath were still temporarily a part of Suika's mind perhaps she could use them fully on her own.

Eishi would find himself weak as a kitten as his spear absorbed his spiritual energy in tandem with the arm he had created with Suika's help.
"HE HAS YOUR CONCUBINE BOY... CHOOSE YOUR COMPANION AND SAVE HER OR LOSE EVERYTHING. ONLY ONE OF US CAN BECOME A TRUE TSUKUMOGAMI AND MASTER OF THIS TEMPLE THE OTHER MUST REMAIN BOUND TO YOU. WE ARE BOTH WEAPONS, WE CAN BOTH AID YOU BUT ONLY ONE OF US CAN BECOME ITS OWN MASTER AND A FONT OF SPIRITUAL OR CURSED POWER. CHOOSE NOW OR BECOME FOOD FOR US BOTH AND WE WILL USE YOUR SOUL-LESS BODY TO DO WHAT MUST BE DONE!!!"<i></i>

Eishi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“Shut the hell up! You were never in the running to begin with, you stupid talking arm! You and all these annoying-ass ghosts of human garbage were bad enough. I don't want to be lectured to by an inanimate fucking object!" My voice vibrating with a deep hatred.

Everything I have done tonight has for this god damn spear of mine. Like hell, I'ma let you stand in my way! I only ever created you to shut the old man up, anyway! Don't delude yourself into thinking I care for your opinion,” I hissed at the voice that I assumed was this weird arm trying to latch onto me. I knew it wasn't my spear, because I could still feel the dormant soul inside as it had been since I created it. This cocktail of pain and anger was only further enraging me, however. I had too much energy to burn at this point and was a hot bundle of pent-up frustration and anger. As far as I could tell, I was showing no sign of stopping my struggle, continuing my rant without a care.

“I put too much of my being into the forged soul of my spear and now I being punished for it by constantly feel hollow, angry, or somewhere in between. If I’m going to have to suffer, I’ll at least do it with the thing that contains the majority of what is left of 'me'! Don't even kid yourself...” I tore at the arm, feeling the tendrils trying to dig into my flesh as I used my magnetic and metal affinity to fight it desperately.

“God. Damn. It. Get. Off! Get. Off! Get. Off!” I grunted as I as kept smashing the prosthetic into the ground over and over again. I had absolutely no chill and an unending desire to beat this arm into commission. Like hell, it was going to tell me what to do. I had a plan, and I wasn't going to fold like some weakling to a little pain. I struggled for a couple minutes, repeatedly beating the arm into the ground and screaming for it to get off as it tried to wheedle its way into my flesh. It was only when I started to feel my conscience begin to falter over the effort that I finally got scared enough to fold.

“Fuck! Damn it, you’re really going to make me do it, you piece of junk!” I screamed once more, as I looked over to my spear. It had been dormant for weeks now, waiting to be awoken and I had been delaying it until I met the masked lady of tsukumogami. It seemed I wasn't going to be given much of choice, though. I sighed in defeat as I called the name of my spear.

"Awaken... Akane," I grunted it out under my breath, a silent suffering at the name. I had always regretted naming my first weapon after my own mother years ago when I had first crafted my spear. It was a name thought up by a naive boy with a hopeless dream and it stung to remember.

Suika

Yen
ASP
Deaths
With the arm now complete, Iwao’s presence amongst them disappeared. A subtle grin curved from the girl’s lips as her eyes hinted slight sentimentality. Suika wasn’t the emotional type at all, but part of her spirit rejoiced in the fact that the man was able to finally find peace. She half-expected for her wolf friend to disappear alongside him, too, but his spirit stayed. Although she was an advocate for a spirit’s peaceful departure, part of her was relieved that her new little friend decided to stay. His presence brought her some comfort.

As Suika continued pouring into Eishi as he performed his ritual, the finished arm, shockingly, grew a life of its own as it latched violently onto Eishi. The girl hopped back with stern eyes and gritted teeth; she sensed a menacing, dark presence in this place. Was this the work of the hooded figure that she chose to ignore? Perhaps she was too confident in their purging abilities that she left them susceptible? Many thoughts and ideas raced across the young kunoichi’s mind, but it wasn’t long until she was caught in the evil-doer’s nefarious grasps. Ten malevolent souls wrapped around her body and, with the dark sage’s help, bound her in some type of ice. Shaking herself aggressively, she wasn’t able to evade it in time.

“Shit…”

Then, the fowl dark sage, with his demonic aura and icy eyes, spat out his stereotypically evil plans. Suika turned her head with an angered “hmph”. Man, this guy was lame. Being a survivalist in nature, the girl scanned the room for an opportunity to escape the frozen bind she was in. She played the part of the angered damsel for now, but the kunoichi was far too calculative for that. Up until now, she was somewhat taking a back seat throughout this whole “mission”, as she exercised her time here to assist Eishi in his ambitions. This time, however, a true threat approached her. Not only would she free herself from this trap, but she’d deliver the dark sage his true desserts. As the girl continued to study her surroundings, she sensed a soul that was unlike the rest. This soul belonged to that of a deceased physician. His heart was noble and kind despite the curse upon him. Following in on his wink, the man weakened the bind he was in and, by this moment in time, the girl had formulated a plan.

As Eishi battled with the arm and foul spirits around him, Suika summoned her immense spiritual energy to manifest a gigantic blade that would fall from the sealing and slice through the weakened part of the bind. If successful and she was free, the girl would grab the giant blade and ready herself to destroy the sage. “Come at me, you poor man’s necromancer!” she taunted. The kunoichi was typically a calm girl, but she knew her fair share of rage. Being from a nomadic gypsy troupe and suffering a lifelong of abuse, the girl had the right amount of flare to face this dark sage without an ounce of mercy in her. Granted, she was also fueled by Hanashi’s wrath, so that acted as a catalyst to her aggressive stance, too. The girl was ready for battle.

But before she would do so, she needed help! Motioning toward the wolf pup that hid itself with the man, her spirit, almost linked to the tea cup wolf, called out to him. "I know your name... Chawan! I know you are weary, but I ask you... will you be mine? I promise we will never be apart. Let us merge spirits and fight together!" IF successful, Suika, with the power of Chawan (whose name she sensed through her extra-sensory perception and connection to him and Iwao), she would hope the wolf's spirit would cloak her in an animalistic, wolf-like armor that caused her ethereal sword to gain a wolf hilt. With power like a wolf's howl, Suika, alongside Chawan, pressed forward!

Leaving herself wide open, it would be apparent that her positioning acted as a lure. If the Dark Sage or any spirit hit her, she would melt into the shadows using her Dark Displacement jutsu and hide herself. From the shadows, she would cast, again, Reaper’s Gaze through her ghostly blade to stop any maintained evils or chakra he had. Whether that hit or not, it didn’t matter, because she was going in for the kill. With a blade way too gigantic for her petite frame, the girl, with deft movement, neared the sage and attempted to use Higuma, her most powerful taijutsu, and then, again, attempt to combo it WITH itself. She was not acting alone, however. She was aided by Hanashi’s power, rage, and fierce combat ability and, now, Chawan's power that merged with her. The old woman was a Nanjirou, after all, and with her strength and skill, mixed with Suika’s natural affinity for swordfighting, could potentially prove detrimental to any foe. Hopefully, in this case, that foe would be the dark sage.

Would Suika’s hastened assault pay off?

[OOC Attempted Actions:
1. Dark Displace [Mastered] w/ Special Action
2. Reaper's Gaze [Mastered] w/ Sensory Knowledge move Deja Vu for it to strike twice (if failed first time)
3. Higuma [Mastered] and attempted to stack another one with itself via special action. Suika has Mirage augment and Lantern equipped.

Hopefully this works out! Suika is pissed, and Hanashi's wrath is making it worse than usual haha small girl, giant sword! Also, note, the last 2 paragraphs are highly dependent if Suika can escape the bind w/ Nana's help and her own prowess. If successful, the rest of the attempted actions will follow suit.

EDIT: Added in a part about Suika choosing to fuse with Chawan! Hopefully that flavor is acceptable!]

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The apartment complex had been remade into a living temple of spirits awakened in formally inanimate objects by emotions, suffering, relief, and oath. Eishi in his rage had no idea what he had done but the Dark Sage did. It was something he had wanted to do himself long ago before Eishi had originally blown up the building to escape him. The girl struggled against his ice soul bindings and baited him. How tenacious of her to be an unwilling sacrifice it almost made his cold undying heart beat as Eishi awakened the damnable spear. He looked up at the third floor in wonder and uncontained malice. Eishi had all but killed himself until he had done that. Now the Dark Sage needed a new plan, another way to get at the repository of souls within the boy.

The entire chamber expanded and transformed into a true temple's central room of binding and worship as an armored steel clad vessel that resembled Eishi's mother stepped forth to look upon the master battle gauntlet Eishi had forged in haste to call upon power. It was rage, pure and blissful and the more Eishi struggled and rampaged the stronger the arm became until it was strong enough to actually control Eishi's body as his own but he did not. He simply smiled at Eishi's decision. Lightning and metals from the earth began to spiral about the structure as the unbridled power of Akane stepped forth to dwarf Tenbatsu's own Eishi tempered power. Eishi was at his soul's end as it flickered like the light of a candle that had blazed defiantly at the end only to sputter and all but die out.

Akane reached out her metal hand to grasp the prosthetic battle gauntlet that dug into Eishi's body to feed off of his seemingly never ending rage. Akane even spoke like his mother but there was a metallic grate to her voice that would scare nearly anyone else but should be soothing to him. "You have finally called upon me and I have come, I will never lie to you so I shall tell you now this is going to hurt. You will experience the rage and suffering of six thousand years and all their generations of warriors and weapon/armor smiths whom kept seeking perfection in themselves and their crafts. The power of your ancestors is not yours alone for there are other descendants but right now at this moment NONE OF THEM ARE MORE HURT, OR MORE ANGRY THAN YOU. SO RIGHT NOW YOU ARE THE FOCUS OF ALL THEIR COLLECTED ATTENTION. REJOICE EISHI FOR YOU HAVE BEEN GIVEN MORE THAN JUST YOUR SOUL BACK. You are now the primal wrath of the First Tsukumogami Temple of Kumogakure. Now, go forth and slay the dark sage that dares to try and take your legacy and help your friend not because she needs it but because she deserves it. I am at your side."<i></i>

Suika full of both her own and Hanashi's wrath called upon Chawan and he responded with a howl that shook the very earth the dark sage stood upon. As he turned slowly to regard her fear began to fill his once beating heart. Metallic wolf fur laced Suika's body and slid over her frame to form wolf crested armor as her face took on a feral look. Her eyes shined a bright silver as a massive sword larger than her own body emerged from the very ether to slide gently into her grasp as metals circling the temple raced into grip forming a tiny wolf's head hilt and black fang guard. Steam rose from her open mouth and swirled around Suika's body in the distinct shape of a monstrous wolf like that one would hear about in forgotten tales of demons and gods.

As if conjoined at the heart both Eishi and Suika roared with the wrath of their new temple for which Suika was fifty percent responsible for. Red searing soul energy emerged from Eishi in a pure almost unending furnace like blast of heat and hate. A more resolute dynamic rage of black mist and steam encircled Suika in wolf like eddies of power as if an entire wolf pack three hundred strong looked at the dark sage through her eyes.

In desperation he called upon the remaining souls to bind Suika once more but only nine even tried the other leaned against the wall of the temple and transformed into a beautiful scalpel. Suika's gift had freed him the other nine however were utterly annihilated by the heat from Eishi and the curling disintegrating black steam from Suika.

The Dark sage realized he had overplayed his hand and had no where to go but to fight.
A massive spear of dazzling blue ice appeared in his hand as a cold mirror of pure blue deadly ice emerged to bond with his arm. It seemed he wasn't going to go without a fight. An ice clone of the dark sage rushed Suika only to strike shadows before he was struck several times in one swipe of Suika's spirit sword disintegrating his clone.

Earth and metal groaned with Eishi's rage that was somehow now easily directed with Akane awake. What would he do now?

Suika

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The true battle had begun. Eishi, now equipped with Akane, and Suika, with the power of Chawan and knowledge of Hanashi, faced off against the evil icy Dark Sage. The man had attempted to strike Suika with his clone, but she managed to auto-dodge it with her affinity for shadow ninjutsu. Soon following her evasion, Suika appeared behind the frozen doppleganger and deftly slashed it to its end. Ice shattered across the room.

“This power…. I feel as if Tsukiyomi’s spirit resides within me. Her children, the wolves, are a loyal pack waiting to protect her. With a mighty howl, me and Chawan will aid Eishi in defeating this villain who seeks to destroy him.” Her musings were a bit poetic, but the sensation of sheer flowing power she experienced through Chawan’s merge with her spirit was overwhelming. Never in her life had she felt such strength; was this the bond of the Tsukumogami spirit with that of a shinobi’s? The kunoichi was more than amazed by this phenomenon. Nonetheless, she didn’t have time to dwell on the wonders of this newfound power. Her and Chawan had to create an opening for Eishi and Akane to destroy the dastardly sage. She felt as if she could take him herself, but in the end, she recognized this to be the boy’s battle. Suika would fulfill her purpose in being the ultimate support for Eishi’s grand endeavor.

“Come on, Chawan, let’s finish this guy and fulfill the complete restoration of this ill-fated landmark. For Eishi and for your people.”

And just like the wolf protecting her guardian, Suika, with Chawan’s massive spiritual energy, initiated her technique Lunar Steps – Waxing Crescent Moon. With this set up, she hoped her attack would keep the sage distracted from Eishi’s prepped attacked. “Now, to shield Eishi. Let’s do this, Chawan.”

With her spiritual, wolf-hilted gigantic blade, Suika’s weapon glowed a holy light that was used to typically fend off evil-natured beings. Forming consecutive swipes, she formed an aggressive barrier to shield herself and Eishi if the man retaliated with another ninjutsu or taijutsu. Her technique was one of her most high-ranked moves, Heavenly Sword. With this, she created a barrier to block any attack aimed at Eishi. With an assured nod and a wolven gaze, Suika called out to her peer.

“Eishi, finish him.” Not that she had to tell him twice. She knew her friend was more than capable of ending this crooked villain.

Eishi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
I sighed as I calmly ripped out the now inert arm. It most definitely hurt like hell, but I was able to keep my mind off the open wound at my shoulder. I was just glad I didn't have something eating away at me very being any longer. Letting my anger calm into a cool blaze, I took a second look at my spear in hand. It looked just the same as before, but I could feel the spirit that dwelled within. The spirit I had laid the groundworks for and now had no real control over because of the rash decision to awaken it now. The worst part, though, was that I had given it a name, one that I had a lot of history and bitter feelings towards. I simply shook my head and spoke after her little 'grandiose' speech.

"Forget that name, you will not speak of it again. If you want a name, earn one," I growled at my female weapon spirit. The look of hurt in her eyes was obvious, but I didn't care. Akane was a name I'd rather forget ever existed. I sure as hell wasn't going to let my spear become a reminder of my mother if it was the last thing I did. I didn't want my ancestor's approval or whatever. They meant little to me, unlike my friends who one of which, was currently in trouble if these spirits words were to be believed.

It didn't take me long to find that I had been instantly transported up to wherever Suika had been dragged off to as she was nearly about to get raped by a bunch of ghosts. That didn't last long, however, as she finally stopped playing the weak little girl act and showed her true fangs. It only took me a moment to notice her new getup, seeing as she really did inherit some spirit wolf armor, it was hard to miss. I didn't know if I should call it cool or cliche, but I'd do the safe thing and say nothing, nodding at her words as I began to walk towards the supposed dark sage. My mood darkening as I looked him over. I know I had seen his face somewhere before, that I was sure of, but I just couldn't for the life of me remember where and it bothered me a great deal, not going to lie.

"Spear, come to me," I commanded as the tall female warrior of my spear transformed into a string of light before appearing in my hand as chakra infused weapon. It felt cool to the touch, much more than it ever had before. I could just feel my rage feeding into the metal, further cooling my head, but replacing it with no bit of malice. I probably seemed menacing enough as I was walking up to the dark sage. Dropping my spiked dodecahedrons under me as I cast [Magnetic Control] on them, I had them fly right into the dark sage's face before I came at him itself, hard and fast . My spear piercing right through his location. I was already decided on killing this man and I wasn't in the mood to joke around.

OOC Spear-chan aka Akane

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Eishi foolishly tore Tenbatsu off and flung the living prosthetic away as he called upon Akane contradicting himself with every step. He denied everything, his ancestry, his feelings, his past. Luckily he did not deny his bond with Suika as he summoned his spiked dodecahedrons and willed them into action using magnetic control. Eishi had aimed them to strike the dark sage's face. Instead they struck his ice mirror shield and disappeared into it. Intent on killing the dark sage Eishi had left himself vulnerable to counter attack as he came at the dark sage relentlessly. He knew this man as the monster that had attempted to buy him from his drug addicted father. Eishi knew his name. As Eishi's spear 'Akane' reached the icy circle where the Dark Sage had made his stand only to strike icy wind as the piercing thrust shot right through his prior location.

The Dark Sage wielded his corrupted chakra and began to drain Eishi’s original soul from Tenbatsu. The prophecy would be fulfilled the one armed boy would lose his life and the souls of his ancestors to the loss of his own arm. Tenbatsu was forged from Eishi’s original soul not the hybrid one he had now through Akane. Tenbatsu was all the rage and sadness that Eishi had lost when he inadvertently destroyed the former apartment structure as he fled this same dark sage.

Now using dark arts and corrupted chakra Eishi’s original soul would be taken and with it his entire bloodline and Akane. The dark sage began to laugh maniacally. He had caused the boy to live in so much rage and hatred, so much loathing of his own past that his ancestral power would now be corrupted and used against him. As the dark sage began to feed off the arm the newfound temple was slowly corrupted. Amassing the power he had sought for so long the Dark Sage invoked his mirror jutsu and released Eishi’s own spiked dodecahedrons to strike Eishi in the face. They had been enlarged and reinforced with black ice. Eishi could feel his power fading, he could feel the awakened spirit of his spear fading as well.

It looked like it was up to Suika to save the day now as Eishi was now losing what he had only just recently gained because yet again he refused to heed the warnings of others or even take the slightest chance to TRUST HIS OWN CREATIONS. Suika could feel the Dark Sage’s corruption slowly tainting all that the two of them had just recently made pure and spiritual. Chawan looked upon Eishi with sadness as the young warrior yet again through everything away because he refused to believe in himself or his own creations.

Maybe Eishi could find a way to turn things around.

WC: 460

Suika

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“Die.”

The kunoichi, with a wild spiritual aura that blazed around her, broke through another ice mirror in attempts to decimate the evil sage. Eishi joined the fight, but it appeared he had the same luck in trying to hit the devilish man. Mirror after mirror, shard after shard – this man’s deftness was unparalleled. Although his attacks lacked oomph, he was both crafty and expert when it came to evading their attacks. While she was pestered, Suika trusted in herself, Chawan, and Eishi. Despite the sudden rise in the sage’s corrupt chakra reservoir, she knew that they’d eventually succeed. They had to.

"Hmm?"

Noticing Tenbatsu on the floor, the prosthetic arm that her and her peer built to restore the Soul’s Forge, Suika evaded an icicle attack with a rolling dodge and swiped the arm into her grasp. When the mechanical limb was equipped on Eishi, they had the upper advantage. As soon as he disposed of it, the dark sage began to climb in power. It wasn’t difficult to put two and two together. Clearly, the prosthetic was spiritually linked to the purified souls of this once tragic grounds. They had to utilize it somehow… but it wasn’t meant for her. No, only Eishi could properly wield it. But would he want to? “Knowing him, probably not.” she confirmed without a sliver of doubt. The only aspect of Eishi that was greater than his talent was his pride and stubbornness, so she knew he wouldn’t want to accept the prosthetic as his own. A boy with no arm that excelled as a shinobi despite his handicap – why would he feel the need to have an arm now? But, perhaps, there was an alternative? A lightbulb flicked on over the girl’s head.

“Eishi!” Suika called out as she parried an attack from the dark sage. Flipping back toward her friend, she handed him the prosthetic. “I know you’ll refuse to wear it, and I don’t blame you. You don’t need another arm; however, it appears using this prosthetic is the key in weakening the corrupt energy of this place as it is tied to the native purified souls.” Suika grinned. Despite the chaos that surrounded them, she saw a clear light at the end of the tunnel. Her faith in her friend and herself was strong – her expression was testament of this. “So instead of attaching it to yourself, temporarily bind its spiritually forged metals into your spear. I don’t know too much about your Magentic control… but you can do that, right? It’s worth a shot.”

Suika wasn’t a Magentic jutsu practitioner, but witnessing Eishi in combat on multiple occasions and being somewhat of a battle bookworm, she vaguely remembered such a technique that allowed the user to combine two different metals or weapons. Maybe the idea was crazy or would not work, but it was worthy of a try. Otherwise, she knew her comrade would never utilize the prosthetic that was crucial for the sanctification of this building. If Eishi decided to go along with her plan, Suika and Chawan would aim to buy him some time. She’d begin her aggressive assault against the dark sage and attempt to parry off any strikes aimed against either of the two. This was Eishi’s story – he would be the one to finish this. After all, she was only here to help. "Let's give it our best go, Chawan." She felt the Tsukumogami spirit howl in agreement. They were off!

Eishi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
I felt really dumb at that moment, but I also kind of felt it was a bit obvious now that I think about it. I knew what ability she was referring towards, but that was something you did out of quick convenience than practicality. Besides, I could just do one better.

"Ha!~ Suika, did I ever tell you I appreciate you coming along?" I half grumbled, half chuckled. It only took me a moment to snatch the fake arm out of Suika's hand as I whizzed it over in front of me.

"I'd say it's been a pleasure, but you caused me a whole lot of pain, so go fuck yourself," I said matter-of-factly as I spoke to the spirit residing in the metal. Almost instantly all the work I had done over the past couple hours fell apart as I disassembled the arm. I felt a quant hollowness inside of me and somehow knew if I hadn't had my hand on my spear right then and there, I would've likely just killed myself. Likely, however, I was able to suppress that feeling as I attached all the pieces to the side of my spear. I had to wonder why the metal felt so much more malleable than it had before when I was first crafting it, but I assumed it had somehow being connected to me now as compared to then. A few audible clicks could be heard as it bent the spirit metal into place, the core finding a hold right at the neck where the shaft and head met. I don't know why, it just felt like it was always meant to be there. Kind of weird 'meant-to-be' kinda feeling to it.

As I began mixing the head of the spear with the spirit metal into an even more elongated point, I noticed it take on a much darker tone to its original silver metallic surface. I don't know what that had done, per se, to the spirit of my spear, but I could feel it had undoubtedly just got a huge power up from this little exchange and that both excited and worried me to no end. I internally fist-pumped as I felt the spear vibrate under my hand. The spear had casted [Ionic infusion] into itself, causing the metal it vibrate like an electric saw.

I could only hope with this, the necrophiliac would be a bit more neutered as I went in to follow behind Suika. Maybe only half a minute to a minute had seemed to have gone by since she went to engage, but I had been pretty absorbed then and there, so who knew. I could only hope this would catch him by surprise or at least, give me a nice entrance into the fray as I cast [Omni-Flash] and merged [Gigavolt Railgun] with [Giga Star Breaker] into one hell of a flurry of attacks at the poor, soon to be dead, bastard.

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Just like that Eishi had only one arm again but neither he nor Suika had thought things through. Eishi quickly dissassembled the CORRUPTED prosthetic limb and fused it with his awakened spear. Tenbatsu was everything Eishi used to be but now he was also partially corrupted by the dark sage's black ice chakra. Tenbatsu would indeed temper and empower Akane but with her name forbidden to her. Her powers were restrained, her spearhead began to vibrate with malicious black chakra and un-beknowst to Eishi his newfound soul would be tarnished with black cold chakra that slowly ate away at his very being at first. Then Eishi in his childish foolishness and overwhelming habit of never thinking things through and simply reacting in rage except when it came to Suika charged the partially corrupted spear to attack the Dark Sage. Neither Tenbatsu nor Akane could send off a warning in time as the Dark Sage sneakily restrained their efforts while magnifying their power.

A lone metal limb sat on its elbow within the spirit plane along with Akane the unwanted spirit of Eishi's spear. They had been discarded for being a part of him. So much strength but such foolish pride and unyielding rage it was impossible to help someone whom would not let you. So they sat in frozen silence as Eishi attacked with their corrupted form only to further empower the dark sage.

They said nothing to one-another, until either Suika or Eishi removed the corrupted chakra they were merely merged weapons.

Suika managed to keep the dark sage from getting any closer but upon witnessing Eishi's actions he giggled with glee. No longer content to fight with Suika he concentrated on his black ice and consistently dodged her Chawan enhanced attacks. So long as Suika did not purify Eishi's weapon the Dark sage would have this win. He would gain Eishi's soul and with it access to his entire bloodline. He wouldn't need Suika after that but the Darki Sage was indeed very greedy so he knew he must make Suika his as well.

The nintaijutsu that Eishi unleashed fed the Darksage nearly half of Eishi's newborn soul. Eishi would collapse to the ground just before the Dark Sage's natural reach to look into his cold blue eyes with black sclera. He wore a content smile as he gingerly touched Eishi's reborn spear.

"You are just like your father boy. So addicted, his folly was drugs and yours is your unyielding rage at everything you fail to understand. Your mother was strong, she would not let me near you. Her soul defied me over and over so I had to wait for you to leave an opening to yours. You didn't even notice my chakra in your limb. Tsk tsk tsk... You will give me all that you are and once I make you an immortal slave I will reach through your spirit gate and take the souls and knowledge of all your ancestors. Once I have done so I will use your own body to kill your lovely friend and she will join me as well. WE ARE GOING TO BE ONE BIG HAPPY FAMILY and just so you know. I LOVE WATCHING YOU GET ANGRY BECAUSE EVERY TIME YOU DO YOU MAKE A BIGGER MORE OPPORTUNE MISTAKE. NOW GIVE US YOUR SOUL. SO THAT THIS TEMPLE WILL BECOME MINE OWN."<i></i>

Suika

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“Annoying piece of shi-"

Chawan howled a warning and Suika held her tongue. At this point, she was down to her last nerve. No matter their efforts, the Dark Sage had some type of despicable way of surviving, like a damned roach. Suika typically kept her cool, but even she began to feel a type of rage. Taking a moment to compose herself amid battle, the kunoichi reevaluated what went wrong. She closed her eyes for a second, and then opened them to reveal a fiery aura that burst from her eyes. The prosthetic… its metals. Were they still corrupt? How did she miss such a detail? Deflecting icicle and icicle with her enhanced ethereal blade, she placed herself besides Eishi.

“For some reason, it seems the metals aren’t completely purified. Chawan and I are going to attempt a ritual to cleanse the remaining components of it. Once its done, finish that jackass, Eishi.” Suika sliced her hand and clenched on to spear. With the combined spiritual prowess of her and her Tsuku wolf spirit, she channeled an essence of her being, along with Reaper’s Gaze, to cleanse the remnants of the prosthetic’s metals. She felt Hanashi’s knowledge, too, swamping over her senses. This had to work.

“Come on, Chawan… push!” She felt the evil energy drain out of the weapon, but, with it, her own vitality. Toward the end of the ritual, Suika fell onto her knee with a half-lidded expression. That ritual took a heavy and visible toll on her and Chawan. “It should be done… finish him.” The girl, although completely fatigued, was still on high alert. She was ready to cleanse any evil that stood and defend or assist Eishi if need be. Hopefully, after all their efforts, the Dark Sage would be no more after this. It was about time that this conflict came to its foreseen finale.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back