Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Seeing an old friend [Private]

Daigo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC: I’m sorry for not posting much sooner. I’ve been waiting for Saito to post this whole time, but I just found this post today here. It states that he won’t be back until january. Sorry to keep you waiting.

"Aye. Daigo is my younger cousin. He’s not too much like me, I’m afraid. He’s mentally ill like my uncle Dashi, whom also happened to serve Kumogakure as a cloud Anbu. Daigo suffers from antisocial personality disorder. It’s very hard for him to develop emotional connections and in the past he used to violate people’s rights without consideration for others. ", he said. It was clear that Daisuke was holding back the rest of the information, but in his own defense, he wanted his cousin to have a fresh start without being discriminated against by the branch heads.

"According to my medical textbooks and based off years of experience, I’m well aware of his illness. Antisocial personality disorder is a type of chronic mental condition in which a person's ways of thinking, perceiving situations and relating to others are dysfunctional — and destructive. People with antisocial personality disorder typically have no regard for right and wrong and often disregard the rights, wishes and feelings of others. Those with antisocial personality disorder tend to antagonize, manipulate or treat others either harshly or with callous indifference. They may often violate the law, landing in frequent trouble, yet they show no guilt or remorse. They may lie, behave violently or impulsively, and have problems with drug and alcohol use. These characteristics typically make people with antisocial personality disorder unable to fulfill responsibilities related to family, work or school. He lives with that as well as his depression.", he thought before repeating the information aloud. The sad fact was that mental illness ran on both sides of his family. Substance abuse was usually the triggered it. Antisocial personality disorder and depression were only the general terms for his illness. If anyone were to make further inquiries, they’d be informed that more specially that Daigo was a high functioning sociopath and dealt with psychotic depression.

"Daigo is a good man despite all this. He went un-diagnosed for many years due to his neglectful parents, but eventually got the help he needed. In fact, he has been going to psychotherapy for many years as well as taking the proper medication for his psychotic depression. He was a blacksmith then joined the medic corps in the army as well. He just needs an opportunity to prove himself." he added. Daigo was to be Daisuke sole heir should he die. This lead Daisuke to give both his comrades a final letter.

"Hey guys. This is a letter from me should something happen. Okay. I've been getting my affairs in order recently and decided to write a few letters to some friends giving my last words to you all. This is for the both of you.", he said.

[MFT] WC: 445

Daisuke's Letter:
A letter from Daisuke said:
Dear Hayata Shin & Akira Saito,

I hope you and your respective families are well. If you are reading this letter then it means I am no longer of this world. I dare not speculate as to how I passed on. Perhaps I fell in battle, died from an incurable illness, or somehow managed the impossible and died of old age. Regardless of the circumstances, I know you will continue to keep the village in good standing, to the best of your ability. As these are my last requests as your old friend, I ask that you please consider them wholeheartedly.

First, It is my wish that you support Kitsune as she transitions into the medical branch sennin. Immediate appointment to senninship is rather difficult and she could use a support system. Ya know, a place where everyone else understand what she’s going through. I have complete trust in her ability to run the branch and ask that you support her as well. Second, I request that you allow my cousin, Kaguya Daigo, the opportunity to prove himself should he request to join the anbu ranks. I believed we’ve discussed this already. I have a strong suspicion that the medic and main branches won’t suit him at all. However, I beg of you to keep him occupied with clerical duties and responsibilities. I have no wish for him to become a field operative nor join the raikage’s guard and shadow Shin around all day. This is for Shin's protection. He would need much more competent guard than my cousin could ever be. I beg the both of you to keep Daigo within the village walls as much as possible, please. Years have proven that he still acts out every now and then, usually in the form of committing crimes. Knowing him, he would never break kumo rules, but anywhere outside kumogakure might be seen as fair game to him. Now onto business with the medical branch.

Should you ever find yourself in need of doing business with members of the medical branch, know that there are four comrades from my branch with which you can do business. You've already been informed about Kitsune, but you should also know that she is an amazing surgeon (both in general and kinjutsu surgery) as well as an excellent chemist. Experienced in medical research, tutoring, psychology and biology, you can't go wrong when asking for her services. Believe me when I say there is a reason why she is the head of the branch. Come to her with anything you need and she will accommodate you to the best of her ability. She is no push over, mind you so make sure that you come correct or heads will roll. Next, Suzaku Keiji is the head of the harvesters and can assist any anbu who wish to gain a kinjutsu or if an anbu is dying and you need to retrieve the kinjutsu. He is another excellent surgeon and chemist. From first aid to trauma, he's your man. Shin, Keiji can also help you with any kinjutsu you want as well. Higa Kahako is the head if the Sentou Henken division. Skilled in psychology and medical combat training, she will be of great assistance to you. She and others like her will be working together in collaboration with the anbu corps to fortify the mental strength as well as the physical health of our branches. They can also act as med evac during tough missions. Keeping around an anbu guard with medic skills is a great bonus, Shin. Lastly is my student, Tsuyoshi Junko. He will soon be a great biologist as well as a great medical ninja. He's skilled in biology, first aid, and medical combat training as well as an aspiring surgeon. He would be a great addition to any squad. Watch over him and guide him if he strays from the path. He will be a valuable ally to befriend. Now, I must ask that you both keep an eye on and possibly tutor my pupils if they so desire it. I recruited two other medics in training prior to my passing: Hyuuga Mirame and Sadoku Akuma. Lastly, I understand that my body will be harvested because of the kinjutsu that I possess. I have, however, made a last will and testament where I have expressed a desire that my body be released to my cousin, Kaguya Daigo, in the event of my death. Please see that this is done.

Now that we’ve gotten all that business out of the way, we can get to the real letter. To Saito and Shin, I thank you both for your wonderful years of friendship. I remember coming up with both of you and it was my pleasure to serve by your sides while at the disposal of Kumogakure. Never have I met such honorable and kindhearted men prior to my coming here. You both represent an excellent era in our history, when the days seemed endless and the joy seemed eternal. We had our share of bad days however, like when Sarunishi falsely proclaimed himself Raikage or when he killed my mental ill uncle whom at the time had suffered a mental breakdown. We’ve encountered such things like the demon invasion, the anbu uprising, and other strange events that occurred during our time here. Still, we survived and lived through it all. We have both, directly or indirectly, influenced and guided a generation. You both stand as pillars in the village.

Shin, your message and love and peace shows that you are not a tyrant, but a beloved man that desires neither war nor suffering. Seldom do we find an all-powerful Raikage that is not tempted to go to war, especially with a godly like army behind them. Thankfully, you’re not a tyrant. Saito, your role as a former sennin of the anbu branch has helped to excel the training of the troops and push the limits of operations all throughout Lightning country. Your example has led to the deterrence of major threats before they even became known to the public. It was both an honor and a privilege to serve with you both and it was my pleasure to call you both my friends. May lord raiden blanket you both with a blessing forever lasting. May your families continue to expand and flourish for an eternity. May you both be protected and should you meet your end earlier than expected, then make sure you die in service to this village. Gentlemen, I bit you farewell!

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to read what are to be my last words. I thank you for all you have done and for being so loyal to me through this transition. I have never trusted many people, but you are one of a select few. I wish you the best of luck in all your servitude to Kumogakure.

Forever a sincere and humble servant of Kumogakure,

Kaguya Daisuke

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Akira sat and listened as Shin asked Daisuke about Diago.

He was Daisuke's younger cousin and not well, Akira nodded silently as he listened. It wasn't uncommon to have mental disorders like that in the ANBU, sometimes it helped people do the jobs that other shinobi couldn't do. Akira often wondered whether the ANBU were a more effective version of a mental asylum, but then he remembered the greatest shinobi in ANBU's history, and knew it not to be the case. Still, the work they did in the field could break a weak mind. It was why entry tests needed to be harsher, it's why his entry tests had always been hard.

Taking the letter Akira stood and placed it on his mantle, oddly enough there were a number of letters up there, a couple unopened. This was not the first time that someone had given him a letter such as this, what could be safer than a retired ANBU Sennin after all? They have the strength of an ANBU sennin without the risk of the title or the missions that come with it.

It is good that Diago is getting treatment. Often it is something as small as a willingness to receive help that can make the difference between someone who will fail and someone who will succeed.

The boy had been a blacksmith, it was a quiet life if one ignored the sounds of the work. Probably pretty therapeutic in its own right.

Looking at them both he frowned for a moment Is there something you're not telling me? You're both very dark about your futures. Is there trouble in Cloud?

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was sad to hear that his cousin was suffering from an illness that he had no control over it reminded Shin of his mother's illness.

"I am sorry to hear that Daisuke-san. I know how it is to have a loved suffer an illness that you have no control of. It is good to hear that he has accepted his problem; it takes a strong man to admit his weakness." Shin said with a somber tone. "I hope that you will remain with him as he grows in the medical division and I will do my best to do the same."

Daisuke did not end the sad news there as he announced what sound like a will -- his last stand to his dear friends. Shin and Saito took a moment to peruse the contents remaining silent until Saito spoke.

"Is there something you're not telling me? You're both very dark about your futures. Is there trouble in Cloud?" He said as he examined Shin and Daisuke.

Shin glanced back at Daisuke then back to Saito. "More than you know, old friend." Shin said with a lower brow showing concern about the village's future. It would seem that over the years we have procured more enemies than allies, eh Daisuke-san? Let us hope that Saito is right that the next generation will lift this village up high and overcome the fault that we could not.[/b]"

[That letter was amazing. I think I am going to save it :D ]

Daigo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC: All red text are linked to mostly ooc threads explaining the reason for the IC thread and have links to the actual threads. I'm glad you like the letter. Also, happy B-day to me!

Daisuke was pleased after both his comrades read the content of his letter and Saito placing it somewhere safe. It was intended to be his last words should his god decide it was his time to go. Some might have thought it a bit unnecessary, but Daisuke had always been the cautious type. They were ninjas, all of them. They was at one point in time assigned dangerous missions that could have gotten them killed. To a man like Daisuke, it seemed natural to have a back up plan. Having picked up on subtle hints, Saito then made an inquiry regarding both Shin and Daisuke’s future as well as the future of cloud. Shin began to explain the situation and Daisuke intended to add on to it. Seeing as Saito was pillar, he desired to know everything.

"That’s correct, Shin. As he has stated, there seemed to be a dark cloud hanging over our village. In no particular order, there was Yuuto who stole important documents and then provided a village wide broadcast about it. I believe he wanted to start a revolution of sorts (here). Second, there was talk of rebellion. While at the first village address, which is now a historical event meant to inspire tradition and camaraderie, there were those who expressed dissatisfaction in Shin’s leadership (here). Third, there was talk about the unethical actions of the harvesters, and lastly was the dissatisfaction of the Mist and Leaf refugees. Kitsune reappearing after we all thought she was dead (here & here). In addition, there's a cloud ninja by the name of Yukiko Ayumi who apparently died on foreign soil, earth country, and I don't think we've recovered the body yet either (here). It’s been a lot my friend. Those who oppose Shin’s leadership need to be put in there place. There need to be a meeting scheduled to address everything (here). Hopefully cooler heads will prevail." he said. Indeed, there had been a lot of trouble brewing under the surface of the village, but thing would be set straight...eventually.

Daisuke was glad to have heard such kind words regarding his cousin’s illness and was not at all surprised at how supportive both men were. They were good men, for sure and when Daigo begins to seek employment, he hopes were high with Shin and Saito looking after him. He was surprised to hear about Shin’s experience and god only knew what kinds of things Saito must have seen in his life time, especially since he was with the anbu for years. It saddened his heart to know that a close friends was going through the same thing.

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He frowned and sat silent letting the information sink in.

There were things he could and things he couldn't do with this news. And then there was his willingness to do them. This was always only ever going to be one side of the story, he didn't know how much of what he was being told was true, how much of the angst was with reason. Perhaps the boy who shaped Shinbatsu's shadow, the ANBU child who killed four of his own to attain the title of ANBU, the man who led Cloud's armies against the horde of Marsh Country, the two time ANBU Sennin... maybe this man was needed once more.

His head moved to look at the gigantic blade hanging on the wall. His weapon. His link to Shinbatsu. His link to a god.

Yet these were sombre thoughts.

If something happens you both have my word that I will take care of matters. A promise to friends, a threat to their enemies. None greater for Akira was nothing if not a man of his word and viciously dangerous when he wanted to be.

But he didn't want this time to be sad, he wanted the first meeting with old friends to be happy.

Do you remember when the Sennin Ringo took on a bunch of Academy Students and Genin in a fight to prove his "strength"? He smiled at the memory, so many academy students, so may explosive notes. He'd gone underground as was his way of fighting at the time and attacked with ninjutsu from there. It had been a mess.

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Daisuke was in complete agreement with Shin completing listing every event that has plague the village for the past year from the destruction of Kirigakure to the death of Yukiko Ayumi. In all of these events, Shin was responsible even though he had no control over the many people who entered his village after these men and women lost their homes or the opprobrium of being associated with unethical practice within the village. For Shin to hear these events again it brought sadness to his countenance like a sudden rush of cold water. All Shin wanted was the people of the village to move onto better heights, to teach them another way of the shinobi without always leading to senseless violence. They would never evolved if they remained like animals. A tool must evolved from being a mere dagger. Alas, none of what has happened could be helped. The only thing Shin could do was move on and hope that the next generation would learn from their mistakes.

"Thank you, Saito-san" Shin said with a gratitude.

"Do you remember when the Sennin Ringo took on a bunch of Academy Students and Genin in a fight to prove his "strength"? He smiled at the memory, so many academy students, so may explosive notes. He'd gone underground as was his way of fighting at the time and attacked with ninjutsu from there. It had been a mess.

"Ah yes those were the days. I remember nearly dieing that day suffering third degree burns over most of my body. If it were not for Rin's quick actions Ringo would not have noticed. I was disappointed to hear that he left the village. Do you know that Ryuujin had left his retirement, Saito-san?" Shin said with a happier demeanor. It was better to focus on the

[Happy B Day :D. I am going to be really sad when this thread ends unless the site gets hack and I can bring Shin back again :p]

Daigo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC: Sorry I'm late. I got finished my second interview for a mental health position at Sheppard Pratt Health System.

"Ringo? Oh yeah! Ringo! The red headed sennin. I’m pretty sure I took one of his classes. Man, its good to remember the old leaders. Wait, I had no idea the Ryuujin left retirement! So he’s back in action then. Great! I didn’t think I had too much interaction with the leaders back then. I was strictly main branch and obsessed with becoming a jounin. Then I was field promoted from chuunin to special jounin after helping Shinbatsu in the uprising. Good times. ", he said. Remembering the old faces was both a great and a saddening thing, but the idea was to remain upbeat. He would continue to do so for the sake of the conversation. A smile remained across his face as he listened to his comrades converse. Rarely did he find himself doing this rather well. Social interaction, that is.

Life was an interesting thing. Three very different students managed to survive and thrive within the ninja world. They all witnessed and experienced the strange events that occurred in cloud like the anbu uprising or the demon invasion and yet they all become stronger in one aspect or another. Three ninja, three different branches, three different fighting styles, and yet they all arrived at the same place in their life, with near equal positions to match accompanied by three different outlooks on life. Such a thing was rare and beautiful to witness.

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[OOC: No worries man, good luck for the job! I've just been interviewed for Portfolio Manager: IT for Conferenz (a corporate events company in NZ)]

Ryuujin was back? Akira's mind wandered to a dark place, a vision of a dead Ryuujin by his feet.

Interesting that he's back. Akira said, his words fairly solemn. Though Daisuke mentioned his part in the uprising for Shinbatsu. It was an uprising that he'd never had confirmed as being started in part because of his own exile by that leadership, but was something he'd suspected.

Shinbatsu rose up and took the title of Raikage from Ryuuto, a Raikage who had held Shinbatsu back and had helped Akira be exiled.

When I was exiled from Cloud, it was because of an investigation I was performing on Ryuujin. Ryuuto the ANBU Sennin and Ryuujin attacked me and dragged me to the gates. His eye studied the flood between the three of them. It was a dark moment of his past, where he'd been forcibly exiled from a land that he loved. I had told Shinbatsu to leave as he had arrived before the combat begun. Ryuuto was accusing me of illegal investigation, but when the truth was revealed they decided to simply silence me.

Looking up first at Shin and then at Daisuke he continued.

If there was anyone I wanted to kill in this world it would be Ryuujin. He perverted the life of Rei, turning her into a prostitute and destroyed the papers proving my existence in Cloud. Rei had been a girl who had gone to the academy at the same time as they had. Sure she had ended up marrying one of her targets, a man who she had been sent to seduce, and had had children with him. Last Akira saw her she seemed happy with life.

Ryuujin had kidnapped Rei at the time I first became a trainee for the ANBU. I was there that day and wanted to fight Ryuujin then and there. Masao saved my life, but couldn't do the same for her, for he was but a Chuunin at the time. There were good old times, but also bad ones.

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
They were both rather surprised to hear that Ryuujin had returned from retirement less so for Daisuke since he had met with the man not too long ago. All three of them had their own individual experiences with Nara Ryuujin but Saito had the most negative of the three. Shin had remember the day when Saito was expelled from the village and for a long time he had no idea why. It was during the demonic invasion where Saito supposedly allowed someone into the village and Ryuujin viewed him as a traitor. Could it have been all just a misunderstanding but it did not ended up as soon. The result ended up taking Saito away from Shin and the rest of the village for over two years. Shin could understand the hatred that Shin had for the youkai half breed Ryuujin.

At least, the man had mellowed over the years and he had very little compared to what he had many years ago. Regardless, he was still an important asset to the village.

"I understand your anger Ryuujin. He is still a man that bothered me at some points but his talents are indispensable and valuable to the village. I believe we can both agree to it. He should serve you no problem as he only a mentor for our main branch sennin. He doesn't do much for the village in a military sense."

When Saito had mentioned Masao it placed great sadness in Shin's heart. "Masao was a man greater than I. It still sadness me that I have not been able to find him since our last encounter with Enishi and his kingslayers. You must have heard of what had happened" He said as he turned toward Saito. It would not suprise me if Saito did not considering it was not open knowledge as to what had exactly happened that day but Saito was an ANBU Sennin and before an ANBU captain; he was more than capable of finding information if it suited him.

[Good luck to you both :D]

Daigo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"I too felt unease about him, but I wanted to be as professional as possible during that meeting. Still, I thought he was simply there to observe. I didn't know that he regained active status. Nor did I know what he did to you, Saito. No one's life should be granted or striped from them based solely on necessity." he said. Hearing about what truly happened to Saito made Daisuke consider getting back in touch with his blood stained roots, but he knew that wouldn't solve anything. Besides, Saito was a better warrior than him by far. If he wanted to, he could get his own vengeance. It came as no surprise to hear that Masao had stepped in to assist Saito. That was the kind of man he was and he was highly respected by many. Daisuke had also tried to be like the men he respected. He tried to imitate Masao, Saito, Shin, and even Kushin to a degree whenever he was faced with a difficult challenge. Not to say that he didn't have his own style , but when self doubt crept into his mind, his role models were there to guide him.

As he continued to listen, Daisuke began to wonder about his cousin. It seemed that the life of an anbu black op was quite risky, still he hoped Daigo could handle it well. He would need a teacher to guide him. His entry into the black ops would be tough. His training would be intense. His mind would be fortified however and threats to clod would be eliminated before they became such. Love and peace were two virtues that Daisuke hoped would remain in Daigo's heart as he pursued this career path.

That when Shin brought up the king slayers. That one mission still haunted him at night, but then again who would not be phased by what he witnessed. A giant puppet like creature carrying Enishi and his bunch away after killing the king and having the star shinobi on them like coco butter lotion on ashy skin. Afterwards, both Masao and Kitsune where taken away. His friends were taken and all he had to show for it were a few cracked ribs. A kaguya with cracked ribs! The nerve of those star bastards brought up old thoughts of revenge. While he would have loved to teacher those guys a lesson like Kushin did, Cloud had too many problems to start something with the star village.

[MFT] WC: 410

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[ooc: sorry for delay, didn't notice your posts lol]

He had been out of the loop, but even he had heard about the deaths of Takaki Masao and Santaru Rin. He had even heard of the rage displayed by Kushin when he found out what had happened. But still, that wasn't very surprising.

Masao was one of the greatest shinobi in Cloud history. It was simply a matter of fact to Akira, the man did things in his lifespan which other shinobi could only dream of. I was glad to hear that the kingslayers were ended, there were several times that I wondered whether I needed to join the fight, but I figured that it was for the best that I didn't. Let the new generation stand on its own two feet without having too many from our generation smothering them with a hand up.

The ANBU seemed to be in disarray however... he'd never seen the halls so empty.

Oddly Kushin leaving has left a hole in the village it seems. The edge he brought simply by being known kept people in line. It was unusual, but perhaps Kushin was the man that this generation needed. Something Akira couldn't have imagined in his lifetime. In his lifetime the Kushin equivalent was Ryuujin, and there wasn't anyone he wanted to kill more. Ah I sound like an old man. He then said with a smile, An old man too busy dwelling on the past. I enjoy my work for the ANBU as their blacksmith. Perhaps you would both like a weapon built for each of you?

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Indeed he was Saito" Shin said. There was no doubt in anyone's mind in this room and the entire village that Masao was one of the greatest and most revered man in the village. When the village could not find him let alone his body the entire village went into a standstill but they had to move on. Shin just did not imagine how much Masao's death effected him. The kingslaeyer saga was over but the damage that it did to the village still lingered. It was partly due to this man that Shin was who he was today. There was no one Shin could look up to now that Masao was gone. Everyone else was retired or secluded themselves from the village, Lady Kiyo was one of the few that Shin had tried to say in contact.

"I am a minimalist at heart." Shin said as he flipped his wrist quickly causing a kuani blade to swiftly appear in hand from under his sleeve. "Unless you are good at concealing weapons I would have to decline." Shin said with chuckle.

"I never understood your fascination with large weapons. I would think that it was under protocol to use smaller weapons in the ANBU. What do you think Daisuke? You are man whose body is a living weapon. Do you prefer small conceal weapons or large weapons?" Shin asked as he turned toward the man.

Daigo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC: Finally, the site is back up. Been trying to post since Thursday. Also, I got the job. I start orientation on the 5th.
As usual, the boneheaded medic sat silently while listening to the conversation. Oddly enough it was like reliving his past in a way, but he was mostly certain that his mind was not under the influence of his friend's masterful genjutsu. Saito spoke of Masao next. A truly powerful man, both in strength and in influence. He remembered reading letters from his then genin uncle, Dashi, before he joined the anbu. He spoke about two rather outstanding ninja, one of each gender. Rin and Masao were their names and a legacy was what they left behind. Daisuke even had an opportunity to work a mission with the great man, only for everything to go to hell. A kaguya got his ribs cracked, his colleagues were arrested and Enishi killed a king with his merry band before escaping. Such was the reason behind Daisuke's prejudice against members of the star village, especially the kage and sennin of star village. The very thought angered him even after all this time, but he quickly focused on Masao's victory over Enishi and Kitsune's return to the village to avoid such negative feelings. Such was the life of a shinobi. Then a snap back to reality occurred. These two great men in front of him were not dwelling on the past so why should he? They found the strength to move forward with their life and Daisuke did right by choosing in that moment to do the same.

"I'd love if you'd make a weapon for me, Saito. and Shin, I prefer to use both actually. Being a human weapon has its perks and thus I have developed an appreciation for all There are times when smaller weapons are more desired, but bigger weapons also provide a certain level of intimidation, ya know. A certain level of psychological warfare. The opponent might wonder just how masterful you are with said weapon. If its small, they might think you prefer close range combat while those with bigger weapons might believe you possess a massive amount of strength to wield such a large weapon easily." he said. Over the years, Daisuke had learned to harness the demonic power form the demon within and learned to use it in conjunction with his bone weapons. He had no idea if Saito was familiar with forging weapons which could seal demonic energy within it and harness it, but he would go on to ask him such. Daisuke only hoped that he did not sound strange for asking him that.​

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC: Awesome, grats man!

Daisuke accepted but Shin declined. Akira nodded to Daisuke, he would forge the man a weapon that he thought would embody the mans spirit, a tribute to him.

But as Shin continued Akira grinned a grin only a pre-teen Akira would grin at Shin at the mention of his obsession on large weapons. It wasn't a grin showing his interest in them, but a grin of amusement.

I never used weapons Shin, you should remember that. That weapon was Shinbatsu's gift to me when I had lost hope and was in the darkest cell chained as a living cargo for the shinobi black market.

He wondered for a moment... had he ever truly opened up about his time of torture?

You both might remember when I left the village in search of Shinbatsu? A search which took me away from Kumogakure for a couple of years? Well during that time I was caught by a group of missing nin. They were strong but as you might imagine I wasn't brought down easily. Still I was brought down, chained up and tortured. Made to feel the death of their brothers a thousand fold. Or so I was told. They told me the only reason I was alive was because of my eyes. Because they could sell them for such a high price. And so one day... I don't know how long after I was initially caught they came for me with different tools. The scar running across Akira's eye showed the effect of what the said tools did without needing to be specified.

I fought against my chains daily. My mind sought a way to escape. I... this was something he'd never told anyone ... tried to bite my tongue off so that I would bleed to death, and deny them the use of my last good eye. His eye fell as the memory of the darkest moment in his life filled his mind When I woke I knew I had failed, a new device in my mouth forcing it open. He looked at each of them.

I had given up. I had attempted the one last thing I thought I could control and I had failed even to do that. A tear welled in his eye as it looked away from the two before him and to the memorial wall dedicated to Mojo, Akira's pet monkey.

One day I woke to the sound of gurgling. The kind that I had dreamt of causing to my captors on the sweetest of nights... but this was reality, not imagination. The door opened and the first thing I heard were the alarm bells. The group had been attacked. I didn't realise by who, nor could I know. But when Mojo stalked their halls he was death. They didn't know what to look for, they were searching for a shinobi, not a bloodsoaked monkey with vengeance in his eyes. My pet had tracked me after I hadn't returned to his home to visit when I had promised, and he came for me. I saw his small face as he looked in the door, the sound of chaos down the halls behind him, the bloodsoaked floor evidence of what he had done to my guard. The tear ran down his face as he remembered what happened next.

Mojo freed me, but we weren't safe yet. We ran down the halls trying to escape with as little combat as possible, I wasn't in fighting shape. But we were cornered in a weapons room after a time. I fumbled at my chakra and failed many times. Mojo killed several in that room, but I was about to take a fatal blow, and Mojo took the brunt of it stopping it from being fatal for either, but he couldn't fight from that moment on. I stumbled back and fell into a crate of weapons and it was then that I saw Shinbatsu for the last time. He was only an image, and some might suggest it was a trick of the mind, but I know it was not. Strength surged through me as he spoke. He told me that he had sacrificed an eye for me, to grab the weapon behind me and that he would be with be always.

Looking now behind him to the massive blade that hung on the wall.

I picked up the weapon but before I could swing it, it enveloped me. He looked back at the two It coated me in an armour of itself, turned me into a true warrior of Shinbatsu. I felt his power surging through me and I could see out both of my eyes. I could see the fear, the terror in my captors. Shinbatsu's rage flowed through me and they died. Every single one of them died. Only when they had all been crushed did the power subside and I was left with my body renewed and this blade.

After this I performed the most basic of medical jutsu on Mojo to maintain his life force and returned to Kumogakure as quickly as I could for Kogan to finish the job on him. Mojo lived another five years afterwards... but he could never fight again. He would also never leave my side from that moment on. He had only ever once left my side and that was when this happened... I think in a way he blamed himself.

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Akira made a facetious grin as he quickly corrected Shin of his error. The man was not in the business of using large weapons and the only large weapon he had ever owned was the blade held by Shinbatsu. It was the same blade that Shin found strapped behind the man's back when he returned to Cloud after being banished all those years ago. Those years outside of the village had hardened the once young boy. He was no longer that soft and cheerful boy that once stood beside the austere Shin many years ago. After hearing the tale about his banishment and temporary capture once again, Shin could not deny the loyalty that Mojo had for Saito even more loyalty than any shinobi could have for another. It was only sad that their bond had to be tested through violence.

Shin had noticed the silent tear that sweep over his best friend's harden skin. It was not often that Shin could see this side of him and Shin could not bear to see him in pain. Shin's hand rested against the towering man's shoulder. "If it is any consolation, Saito-san. He has more loyalty than any human friend." Shin said with a warm smile.

"Let us not remain in sadness. There has been some memorial times. I remember the first time I met Mojo. I believe it was our first mission together fighting against that large crustacean and Enjeru was our leader. You remember him don't you, Saito-san? I still don't know to this day what the purpose of that mission."

Shin turned toward Daisuke. "I don't remember much of the missions we were in together Daisuke-san, perhaps you have a better memory than me. I mostly rely on my notebooks." Shin continued as he reached for his coat and pulled out his notorious black notebook -- the same type that he has been carrying since he was a student.

[Congrats :D]

Daigo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC: Just got the internet back on, I’m good to go now. I apologize for the wait.

Daisuke sat back and listened to his friend’s recollection of what had occurred during his exile. A shame really. No one should ever be subjected to that kind of malice, but such was the life of a ninja, especially one with a powerful kekkei genkai. He then leaned closer as Saito discussed his torture. It made his bones ache and the worst thing about it was that he couldn't do anything to help. After all there was no time travel jutsu that he knew of to assist him. Saito then explained his attempted suicide, which resulted in failure. His story reminded Daisuke of Shin’s “long stay” in the sand village.

"My god, the horror he must have endured just to survive and his faithful pet Mojo, the loyalty is amazing. What they have been through gives them their strength.", he thought as he continued to hear Saito testimony. Although his story was a tragic one, Daisuke could not help but respect Saito that much more. Many other shinobi would have folded and rightfully so, but Saito’s resolve, accompanied by Mojo’s loyalty and Shinbatsu’s blessing, made him strong enough to stand on his only two feet. Along with Shin, Daisuke offered his condolences before the former decided to lighten up the mood once more.

He reminisced about missions from their youth, then made an inquiry regarding himself and Daisuke to which he couldn't recall. Most of his memories of Shin as a youth were in the academy. Mostly lectures, weapons training, and survival skills training. Daisuke was even held back while his fellow classmates, Shin and Saito included, took their genin exams. His very own genin had to created to compensate him.

"I’m sorry, but I cannot recall them at this time. We mostly attended classes together. Like the time Ringo had us search for a kunai knife around the school, but in actuality, he kept it in his sleeve the whole time. Or the weapons training class we attended. You had some of the highest marksmanship with the projectile weapons if I’m not mistaken. Pretty much from my time as a student up until my field promotion from chuunin to special jounin, I’ve been trying to catch up to you two. The Bear-Marsh war aftermath put things in perspective however. I realized that the life of a ninja is not a competition to get the highest rank; to know the most jutsu; to have the best contract summons; to gain a higher status in most of the branches; It’s about the service to one’s village; the dedication to their duties; the will to endure suffering for the greater good; I was a young fool back then that allowed my own minor insecurities to lead me astray, but your shining examples along with others from the village became the north star which led me back to a ninja’s true purpose. I thank you both for your sacrifices. You are amazing men. Truly." he said. He wasn't getting all emotional or anything, but his recollections of these two in the past helped to motivate him to be a better man. This was something he felt he should get off his chest, while he still could. He might not have another chance to do so.

"Shin's busy running the village so if anything happens, please give this to my student. His name is Tsuyoshi Junko.", he added after withdrawing yet another letter. Daisuke just couldn't shake this strange feeling he had. The last time he felt this way was just before the demon invasion.

[MFT] WC: 500

Junko's letter:
A letter from Daisuke said:
Dear Tsuyoshi Junko,

I hope you and your family are well. If you are reading this letter then it means I am no longer of this world. I dare not speculate as to how I passed on. Perhaps I fell in battle, died from an incurable illness, or somehow managed the impossible and died of old age. Regardless of the circumstances, I know you will continue to keep the hospital in good standing s well as take my teachings to a whole new level, to the best of your ability. As these are my last requests as your sensei and sennin, I ask that you please consider them wholeheartedly.

First, I’ve made arrangements for you to be promoted to a full fledged med-nin and receive my old office to do with as you see fit, in remembrance of me. I trust that you will keep it in fine condition. Second, I requested for you, Tsuyoshi Junko, to become a division head in whatever department you choose. I assured the new sennin that you are a capable young man and can handle the task. Should my request be approved and you become head of a division, I’ve asked that you be allow to recruit and manage your division as you see fit. I believed we’ve discussed this already. Third, I ask that you keep an eye on and possibly tutor my two other recruits, if they so desire it. Their names are Hyuuga Mirame and Sadoku Akuma. I recruited them both prior to my passing, but they chose other divisions so they never really learned from me with the exception at the time of recruitment. They are young and corrigible individuals as you can imagine. Keep alive their desire to become mednin.

Fourth, I understand that my body will be harvested because of the kinjutsu that I possess. I have, however, made a last will and testament where I have expressed a desire that my body be released to my cousin, Kaguya Daigo, in the event of my death. I hereby request that he be given my rinnegan eyes in a kinjutsu surgery and I hereby inform only you, my pupil, that I desire my body be used as a path so that I, in essence, may continue to serve Cloud village long after my death. This is not up for debate, my pupil. I apologize for failing to live another day. I have failed you in that aspect, but you are more important than any other in my eyes. You are the hope this village needs; the younger generation who crave knowledge; that walks their own path; that will eventually lead a new generation and preserve the kumogakurian ways.

Now that we’ve gotten all that business out of the way, we can get to the real letter. As we are ninjas, we know that we might one day meet our end up by traps, ambushes, groups of missing nin, or even by missions gone bad. My branch of the kaguya clan holds no grudges and only seek a glorious death among their slain enemies if possible. So long as I died loyal to my ideals (standing up for what I believe in), and attempted to wound at least one enemy if not kill said enemy in battle, then I am at peace with that and I ask that you be as well. I know what I ask of you is difficult, but please Junko, do not allow it to break, corrupt, harden, nor cast your heart into darkness. You are above that base desires for self destruction. Instead, live your life to the fullest as we our only here for a brief amount of time. Take the gifts I have bestowed upon you (feline contract, kinjutsu, and medical knowledge) and master them. Be a symbol of what a cloud shinobi should aspire to become. For a long time you have looked up to me and called me sensei, but you had it wrong the whole time. I admit that in all my time in this world, you have been my greatest teacher. I have taught students before, but none like you. You taught me a lot about myself, pushed my limitations, and just your presence made me want to be a better man than I was before, for your sake as well as my own.

Well, now I pass on the torch to you, Junko. The student has become the master! Love, teach, and respect others as I have done for you, but most importantly...Live Junko. Live for another day. See the world, find love, settle down and have a family of your own. For a life with no purpose or a life with aimless anger and self destructive behavior is not life at all. Live, my brother, and guide the next generation into a marvelous new future...for the glory of kumogakure! Become a pillar of the new generation; make our name legend...as it should be. I have faith in you, my student...no! The term ‘Student’ is too tiny, too insignificant, too meaningless a word to use in reference to you. My beloved family member is much more fitting. May both the old gods and the new, both protect and guide you onto a righteous path. May lord raiden blanket you and yours with a blessing forever lasting. May your family and friends continue to expand and flourish for an eternity. May you remain protected and should you meet your end earlier than expected, then make sure you die as I have...for the sake of a loved one and/or in service to this village following your beliefs and ideals to the grave as I have. Farewell, my relative; my feline brethren; my greatest mentor; my master...Tsuyoshi Junko-sama!

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to read what are to be my last words. I thank you for all you have done and for being so loyal to me through this transition. I have never trusted many people, but you are one of a select few. I wish you the best of luck in all your servitude to Kumogakure.

P.S. Anything further, such as your inheritance, will be handled by my cousin, Daigo, at a later time.

Forever a sincere and humble servant of Kumogakure,

Kaguya Daisuke

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
I wouldn't say that Shin, but his loyalty was as unwavering as a shinobi's should be. He was one of the best ANBU I've ever seen, and his limitations were greater than that of any human.

Then Shin mentioned the mission they had gone on. Akira smiled and looked at the roof. Enjeru... what a piece of work. The man would have been fired under Akira's running of the ANBU, but the man did perform some acts of great skill and ability in his time... most of them were ridiculous.

We were stopping the small town from being overrun by the crab and his force of clams. It was an insane situation and I remember running around with a giant hammer using my Hyuuga techniques to crush them as quickly as possible. But Enjeru just sat atop the house and gorged himself on seafood while we did so.

Then Shin looked to Daisuke, but couldn't remember any missions they had been on together. Daisuke mentioned that he couldn't either but remembered classes instead. It was a strange thing, but for some reason Akira always thought that they had performed a mission to catch some old lady's cat together, a cat which scratched the shit out of everything that touched it. But for the life of him he couldn't be sure.

Daisuke's reply was an interesting one because for Akira the man had been someone he had always attempted to keep up with. Akira was a touch younger and had started the academy after him and only about a week after Shin. It wasn't anything against Shin but he'd never felt any need to catch up or surpass the man, he had his strengths without a doubt but it wasn't anything Akira thought measurable. But Daisuke had always been one who Akira had felt was stronger in some way.

We were all young fools once. I remember Shin barging in on a funeral ceremony spouting on about how shinobi were simply tools to be used. It was a shinobi who I'd never met and had happened to be paying my respects to the elders who had passed away during the Waterfall War at the time. I heard the ruckus occurring and I believe that Mojo saved your life that day Shin. He grinned playfully at the other You'd pissed off both Masao and more dangerously Rin, and Mojo had managed to placate Rin's anger. Akira had stepped in as well, pulling the young Shin out of the situation without much in the way of grace or friendliness, simply getting the boy out of harms way before yelling at him. It was one of their first encounters, and a strange way to start a friendship.

The Bear-Marsh war took its toll on me. Arranging shinobi from four villages as well as missing nin, calling in favours only to find that missions which needed completion were abandoned, changing plans as events occurred out of my control. I had to retire shortly after. So much bloodshed under my control only to later find out that the Marsh armies were farmers, good men who had been forced into the situation. If I'd known... perhaps I would have commanded the force differently. Arranged strike teams to take out the commanders rather than targeting the full army and almost wiping it out, as well as wiping out a full generation of men of an entire country. Marsh is only now beginning to recover from that tragedy.

Another letter was passed to him from Daisuke. These things troubled his own mind. He must have been missing something. What was going on that he didn't know about...

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
There weren't many missions that Shin and Daisuke had attended together but there were several lessons. Shin had remembered the ones he had with Ringo as the instructor. He was a crafty man who always wore a sharp smile which could cut an apple -- something that he always seem to carry. At the time, Ringo was the main branch sennin and Shin was only a lowly genin. He was one of the many sennin before Shin that he had respected. It was unfortunate that Ringo's skills had led him to leave the village resulting in his death. There were so many things Shin wanted to learn from that man. Saito began to recount the many exploits that he and Shin had gone through over the years. It was like drifting back in time to the days of old when Shin was a stubborn

Shin chuckled. "I do remember that I believe the man was Dai Reikon. He was a very close friend to Masao at the time. I don't know why he was killed but I remember he committed a crime that led to his execution. I truly believed that human emotion was a weakness or at least that is what my father preached to me. It is strange that was the first day I met you Saito-san."

"I believe we have all helped on another over the years. I am certain that we would not be where we are standing if it were not for those around us." Shin said as he turned toward Daiskue. It was only then when the medical sennin pulled out another parchment from underneath his cloak. It felt like Daisuke would be better of retiring his status as medical sennin to be a courier with the amount of messages he was delivering to Shin and Saito. Why is he not delivering the message to the recipient in person?

"Junko. Do you know I am training his brother Aiko. I have very high hopes for the two of them. I am sure you can give this message to him personally, no? Shin continued.

Daigo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC: Gentlemen, I do apologize for my tardiness. I've been busy w/ work and sleep has become my new best friend. It's best to just skip me this time around.

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Daisuke sat still and listened, Akira hoped it wasn't awkward for the man to be involved in a discussion involving two people he had grown up alongside, but who had been much closer from the start and so had shared more experiences together.

Shin remembered more of the details from that day and Akira nodded when he said it was strange for that to have been the first day they had met. Though Akira didn't want to correct him, they had been in a class together by that time, but they hadn't interacted together much. It had been the reason for Akira pulling Shin's ass out of the fire, if he'd never seen the boy before he'd have ignored the whole debacle.

Yes, I agree. If we'd not been there for each other we would have all died long ago. There were many other friends who had died along the way of course. But that was the course of being a shinobi and living as long as they had. They had passed the average life expectancy, they had all lived for the village and that was shown in their lack of families.

Akira accepted the letter from Shin and then looked at the two.

Do I look like a post office?

He smiled after saying it to show he was only joking around, but it was strange and the joke was his way to try and remove the tension he felt by receiving all these things.

I will be burning these letters in a week. You are both over reacting.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back