Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Seeing Things (private)

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Kuro spoke of sorcery being a form of ancient knowledge. Technology could be seen as sorcery to others, but in a modern sense. As far as Sousuke was concerned technology involved raw materials being used to develop items to assist in a myriad of ways. Sorcery was a very tricky subject. Kuro spoke of how he could be capable with the help of others to best Nao, and the automaton. Sousuke quietly mulled it over in his head. Yes. It very much seemed that one of the Soverign was comparable to at least three of them in terms of raw power. Roku then went to confirm that the automaton was indeed one of the Sovereign. Roku next offered to make a report for each of them based on the Sovereign and give them some hard facts. Sousuke's eyes widened for a moment at the mention of Kaito. Apparently he was involved in the altercation between Avaron, Roku and Mikaboshi. The later would claim that Kaito was still breathing, which was more or less ... some form of alerting him of Kaito's condition. It could be that the man was dead at this point, given that he suffered a tremendous beat down.

Mikaboshi went to one up Roku on the report by summoning a secretary of his own it seemed. The key words of interest here were 'newest member of my court in some time'. Sousuke had an inkling of knowledge that Mikaboshi had sired children of his own. The person that entered though was not a person had expected. She was a young woman. Not a newborn by any means. Could have been a descendant, or worse a creation of his very own. Sousuke was handed a file unto which he almost opened, except for the fact that his was paying more attention to the odd interaction between the woman and Roku. Something was wrong with Roku? Sousuke raised an eyebrow. "You're not having chest pains, or power flux states are you?"<i></i> He would ask. Roku was a true friend of Sousuke, before Kazuki, before Katuso. Sousuke paused for a moment longer when she spoke that there were attempts to broadcast this information before death. So. This person had been killed, and then brought back? So... then probably not a member of the Shadow Court by birth then.

Sousuke would open the folder and saw the face of the one individual he was tired of seeing. Shouki. Michi would narrate a story of sorts. The narrative filled in more blanks that Sousuke did not have. Fuu's ... son? Talk about an awkward family tree. Most of the details Sousuke knew, and he knew some of them from Roku. Others he knew from firsthand experience. Kaito felt like the leader of the Cabal, but Shouki was certainly tougher than the old man. Sousuke would suck his teeth as he listened to details that informed him that would make his next encounter with the man more difficult. It seemed that Shouki had seals to bolster his defenses. Sousuke had defeated Shouki through the use of a psychic genjutsu that had delayed him feeling pain until it was too late for him to realize he was 'defeated' on his feet. Sadly it seemed Sousuke would not be able to rid himself of Shouki considering that the teenager had grown attached to him in some perverse way.

Turn the page. and here we go, the origins of the Sovereign Academy. Number one. Sousuke's eyes danced about the page drinking in the visual details of this foe. Again Michi narrated. So. Shouki was the general because Number One could not kill him? Well, that offered some good news. It meant that Number One was not immortal. He was not a follower of that damned religion. Unlike Shouki, he had access to a number of seals. Sousuke suspected that due to the risk, Number One was sent to deal with specific situations... like the collection of sennins. Excellent, so the Daimyo wanted to pick a fight not only with Sand but the other villages as well? Sousuke was thinking of any questions he had regarding the lot of them. "Does Number One have any relationships ... political, or otherwise that we should be aware of? Does he get along well, with his fellow Sovereign?"<i></i>

Sousuke would watch out of the corner of his eye where his shadow would be touched by Kazuki's. A concerning notion, more so was when he began to reprimand Michi for stopping him from reading further. This was a dangerous thing that was about to happen. Mikaboshi was very precise about meaning. What was happening here now could be considered for the most part disrespect, or a threat. Time would slow down for a moment as Sousuke considered the options. Most of them revolved around a fight breaking out. "Collateral damage."<i></i> Sousuke chimed in, "Is something I would very much like to avoid here and now. We have an accord with Mikaboshi and it goes both ways even to his new friend here who I suspect has a very long and interesting history that I'm sure the four of us would like to know."<i></i> Fuu was the one who told Sousuke that Shouki was a bastard, and a brother to Susumu. Few knew about that, and Sousuke too would grow suspect of who Michi was. "I would very much like to learn what I can, so can we not have this situation become literally explosive? I'm certain we will get to Nao in a moment or four."<i></i>

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kuro listened intently after receiving his file he would review it while he listened hoping to gather much needed information to protect Sunagakure. Kazuki seemed amiss about a new hybrid emerging and being somewhat familiar to him. Kuro was not familiar with her but picked up on Kazuki's notions and knew somewhat how Mikaboshi might respond. Quell the problems , ease the transition...
Kuro would look over Roku's body noting his intensive fluctuation and surges of chakra.
"Roku my healing abilities are at your service, if you are suffering a malady or something unusual and I can most likely figure out a remedy."
Kuro would note Kazuki's notions about Michi but they did not have time to mull over her and the possibilities. Too much was at stake.
"Kazuki sama, let us give Mikaboshi's protege' the benefit of the doubt until the sovereign have been dealt with."
Kuro would be thankful to her for any information.
"Michi, is it? Thank you for your information."
Kuro then turned toward Mikaboshi while checking over the file in his hand and remembering the relics he would need to get an expert Ancient opinion on.
"Lord Mikaboshi... we haven't seen eye to eye very often but I will be in need of a frank discussion concerning some relics when you find the time."
Kuro knew Sousuke was stressed and in his anger over everything he had been rude to his little brother. Big brothers could be real asshats sometime
"Lord Sousuke... I will study these files while my avatars continue to gather information regarding the sovereign as well. I will need to leave Wind Country briefly but I promise you I will return with results."
Kuro would listen for more information concerning their threats in hopes that weaknesses not obvious to them would be revealed.

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Episode 9: '...'| Sennin Arc said:
[col]Mikaboshi essentially gave him what he wanted, even if it came in a manner that seemed overbearingly arrogant. But that seemed to be what this monster was, something that believed itself to be on another level, a place higher than any one in the room and any human in general. The Ancient would then call forth someone, something, else. The person would appear and their form would not look like anything or anyone he had seen before.

Jesus, these things can procreate? Also, does this make her and him sisters... damn, what a bizarre circus this is turning into.

The thing would hand out information to everyone and seem to linger back onto Roku for a moment to comment that something was wrong with him. That was a rather vague statement, as assuredly there was probably plenty wrong with him. It was curious that the female seemed to know everyone in the room but him, but honestly not too surprising. There was never a public announcement of Roku being named Sennin, originally he was given the status as an ANBU so his masked persona was more known than himself. All of the merits he had done had been behind a mask and all of that was very intentional. Notoriety would make him a target and place him on the run. Being able to lay all the fault on nothing more than a mask made it difficult to track and strike back at him. Honestly, the worst people to fight would be those in this room who happen to know who he is behind select versions of his persona. Luckily, a new mask could make all the difference.

"No thanks..."

Kuro would offer to give him some healing, but Roku would decline. He still wasn't entirely sure what the new person meant by her comment. Maybe it had something to do with the journal he had found about him being some weird project, but he was still months away from fully uncovering what secrets were truly held back in his old 'home' or the revelation how well him and Nao know one another. So at this point, in this moment, he was more confused than anything.

Then the new person would begin to recite the information on members of the Sovereign. The longer she spoke, the more details she gave, the less he would find himself reading along and the more he would find himself staring at the female. Her extensive details, the statements that were almost identical to what Roku had been told in the alley of the residential area, it was almost like this person, who looked nothing alike, was someone he knew very well. Taking the papers into his left hand, his right hand would clench tightly into a ball. The pressure would continue as the female would continue to speak. He was now no longer even attempting to read but merely glaring at the female.

So is this how they make new ones... did he do this... is it her... is this a fate better than death... she is a coward... he is a monster... they all must die... parasites...

Kazuki would begin to talk, making accusations that seemed to be in line with what he himself was thinking. While the other Sennin talked, he would look down to notice blood was beginning to drip from his right hand. Clenching his fist so tightly, his fingers seemed to cut into his palm. Releasing his grasp, he would wipe the blood onto his red pants, turn his attention back to the group and relax his face. He had plenty of questions, he had a lot of thoughts, but now was not the time to act or show his hand. It was time to continue to watch and listen...

But he would not be forgetting. This was going to be avenged.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OOC:
MFT - 642 words
|
[legend="[glow=maroon][b][size=5]Roku[/size][/b][/glow]"]
7dec199f-1d20-43cc-b29d-d5e9ba8fd013_zpskfc4lisy.jpg

Name: Okayama Roku
Epithet: Suna's Raging Beast
Height: 6'2"
Build: Lean and Muscular
Eyes: Red
Blood Type: O Negative
Personal Data
Stamina: 50,400
Chakra: 31,200
Power Level: 3600 [CL: 15]
Stamina: 600 / 600
Agility: 600 / 600
Ninjutsu: 600 / 600
Taijutsu: 600 / 600
Genjutsu: 600 / 600
Chakra Control: 600 / 600
Fight Data
WiPActionsWiPWeapon EquippedMood MusicWiPMISC X
[/legend]​
[/col]

Mikaboshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]Mikaboshi drank in the varied reactions from those in the room. For some who had never met Michi in her previous life they seemed unfazed by the dark woman that appeared before them. Kazuki seemed largely absorbed with pouring over the material that the true Deep Court members had provided for the gathering. Roku, to his credit, seemed to rapidly connect the dots with the way that he refused to take his eyes from Michi. Mikaboshi would have expected nothing less, naturally. Listening to the information that she provided, Mikaboshi felt no need to open the dossier and read. To hear her speak the words of the page was enough for him; he could read through the printed letters at his leisure at a later date. As Michi reached her passage regarding Naganisa, Mikaboshi found that his pulse skipped a step at the mention of her name and while the woman's name meant little to him the involuntary reaction provoked from his body was something of note. With the mention of the villainous Shouki having potentially caught up with Naganisa, Mikaboshi found that spark of anger blossom into a roiling feeling of frustration that he could not reconcile. Though his outward movements and gestures betrayed nothing of the conflict going on beneath the human-faced mask that he wore upon his face, Mikaboshi found it difficult to quash the feeling of restlessness and anger that Michi's speculation had riled within him.

It wasn't until Kazuki -- foolishly -- made an aggressive move towards Michi that Mikaboshi was able to fully quash the strange reaction evoked by Michi's narration of the dossiers... or more accurately refocus it. Michi was a big girl and capable of fending for herself with Kazuki's grasping shadows and even more so was the case after the cleansing in dark fire that Mikaboshi had given her. Rather than moving towards Michi, Mikaboshi's hand came up and in a heartbeat the air in the lounge rapidly began to increase from the chilly atmosphere that it was normally. Roku and Kuro knew Mikaboshi to be a creature of frigid shadows but that was only because they had never seen the beast's true face. Like the Shadow Element, Mikaboshi was a creature composed of primarily Water Chakra... but also Fire Chakra, despite his once famous dislike for the element. Now dwelling in a body that greatly favored the flames his unrestrained form also favored that source of power. A single blossom of fel flame sparked to life at the tips of Mikaboshi's extended forefinger and middle finger, twisting and roiling in a sphere of barely restrained energy and blistering heat. There were no words of warning from Mikaboshi; his gesture was warning enough as the twisting and hungry mote of fire was pointed squarely at Kazuki.

"Collateral damage is something I would very much like to avoid here and now. We have an accord with Mikaboshi and it goes both ways even to his new friend here who I suspect has a very long and interesting history that I'm sure the four of us would like to know."

"Your master pulls at your leash, half-breed." Mikaboshi growled, his voice low with violence. "You grow brave in the company of your allies but know this; even if you were capable of overpowering me with those present the mere ignition of a battle between us will cost you and your village hundreds of lives."

Kazuki and Sousuke would both be capable of remembering the form that Mikaboshi had shown to them during their last battle during which he had completely overwhelmed the Kazekage. Possessed of gargantuan dark wings and with a whirlwind of black fire, the released form of Mikaboshi had been a literal cataclysm given walking form. A hurricane of flame, destruction and rage. With Mikaboshi's rising ire so too came the flames of his rage burning behind the mask of shadowstuff he wore upon his face. The gilded flames of Mikaboshi's eyes burned brightly within the hollows of his mask behind the threatening knot of black and green conflagration that he wielded. His words were truth; even if the lords of Sunagakure threw together and managed to defeat Mikaboshi and Michi fighting together the resulting devastation from such a battle would be untold. The workforce of the Kazekage Tower alone was scores of secretaries and office workers to say nothing of maintenance staff and others who were simply present in the building for their mundane affairs.

"Make your choice and know that I will not brook a second insult."
|[legend="[[b][u]OOC Notes[/u][/b]] - [[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_3X9FNiQW8&index=1&list=PLrDAbjXuzOV52NTmj74e2MWMjXrTLMD_S]SCENE BGM[/url]]"]
mikaboshipost.png

Mikaboshi - One and Again Lord of the Deep Court
King Under the Sands, The Great Nightmare, The Night's King, Eldest Shadow
W5iWrBK.png
[/legend][/col]

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]
oDr0kyl.png

Michi

"Roku my healing abilities are at your service, if you are suffering a malady or something unusual and I can most likely figure out a remedy."

Sennin Toraono offered.

"No thanks..."

The strange Sennin would decline. "Won't help him anyways," she commented ominously as she scanned the room with her golden eyes. Kazuki was getting ahead of himself and she was losing his attention. She started to run her hands through a series of seals but shadows stopped her hands from completing the array. Her eyes looked at Kazuki the moment this happened, he was the most likely bondage expert. A fact he affirmed when he spoke.

"Does Number One have any relationships ... political, or otherwise that we should be aware of? Does he get along well, with his fellow Sovereign?"

Number One has no known friends, although it is possible that Roku... rather Six owes him some fealty because One pulled him from the streets as a lad," she answered. It was a stretch but both one and six shared one common denominator -- they had a sense of honor and dignity despite their monstrous appearance. Perhaps there was a sense of kinship between them.

"Care to explain me why you were doing handseals while looking at me? And with such a hurry? Is my reading of Nao's file so troublesome for you? And since I am questioning you, why won't you explain to me why you look so familiar to someone I know and, at the same time, you look so different than anyone I know?"

Her face remained neutral during his statement, she expected a bit of posturing from the foreigner turned Sennin. "Because I want you to hear me this time," she replied. "Who I was is irrelevant now Mister Senju Kazuki, not that my presence was ever truly relevant I am afraid." The corners of her lips twitched downward. "Which is unfortunate," she admitted with a hint of sentiment or perhaps resentment. "I have no qualms with you reading Nao's file, however I should warn you that you will not reach him if you do not understand his creations. It would be like fixating yourself on Otogakure and learning every last detail but not understanding the rugged terrain and the length of sea around it. So patience please Sennin." She answered his questions out of order but likely not to the depths he desired but there were other things at hand to discuss.

"Kazuki sama, let us give Mikaboshi's protege' the benefit of the doubt until the sovereign have been dealt with."

Border Sennin Kuro attempted to defuse the situation.

"I find it very suspicious that your fresh protege knows so much about them. It makes me wonder if she used to be a part of the Sovereign group, willingly or not. Or perhaps a underling of Nao's? Who was she before your turned her into an Ancient?"

"Michi, is it? Thank you for your information."

Kuro continued to try to quell obviously rising tensions.

"Collateral damage... Is something I would very much like to avoid here and now. We have an accord with Mikaboshi and it goes both ways even to his new friend here who I suspect has a very long and interesting history that I'm sure the four of us would like to know."

As was Sousuke. But the question was, would it be enough? The chill left the air. That was unexpected. She could not see what he was doing or the true source of the flames from her forced vantage point as she looked forward but she would see the green flames reflect in Kazuki's eyes.

"I would very much like to learn what I can, so can we not have this situation become literally explosive? I'm certain we will get to Nao in a moment or four."

"Your master pulls at your leash, half-breed... You grow brave in the company of your allies but know this; even if you were capable of overpowering me with those present the mere ignition of a battle between us will cost you and your village hundreds of lives."

"...all the civilian lives in this building," Michi assessed. It was not a threat, it was a warning. From all she saw and all she knew, it was unlikely that the Deep Court Lord would show mercy on the civilians in this building. The shinobis, however, might be more troublesome but she had never seen him in a battle but she was certainly aware of the legacy. "Unmitigatable losses the price of clashing egos and posturing," she warned them "I have seen enough death. This information far exceeds my relevance," she reiterated. "After all, what I was is dead." The statement seemed cold because it was, it was a hard but true fact that the person she once was happened to no longer exist and there was no use lamenting a loss especially when it would seem that she only gained. She died the day she was left in the Obsidian, the day she tried to stop herself at any cost from returning to Sora.

"Make your choice and know that I will not brook a second insult."[/color]

Mikaboshi was almost looking for a fight.

The quiet, strange one was bleeding. Her eyes missed little and they certainly did not miss the thin stream of blood that dripped down his forearm. "All is well, I assure you Sennin that I pose no threat at this time. I have no intention of damaging your esteem or honor, I am merely answering the call of the Deep Court Lord," she claimed. She would have to determine which Sennin he was but she was aware that she was in a room of Sennins, her assumption was that he was the face behind the mask of Tenken but she was not certain and she did not like to make announcements without utter certainty. "I already died once attempting to disseminate information and I will be honest, I am not overly confident that I will be heard in this life either." She let out a sigh, "if you spend your time fighting your allies then they will win."|
Paperwork said:
In each of their hands was a file, the contents of the file being everything they needed to know about the Sovereign threat. A threat they have ignored for well over a year. This might be their final chance to strike back, although by now it was probably already too late.

The Files

[spoilername="General Ishii Shouki"]Name: Ishii Shouki
Height: 7 feet, 0 inches
Weight: 279 lbs
Eye Color: Gold
Hair Color: Red
Defining Markings: Several piercings, particularly cartilage piercings as well as intimate piercings. Also some dark runic tattoos that are often covered by clothes. Location is back, between shoulder blades and upper arms.
Preferred Attire: Variable but casual.
History:
  • Bastard son of Diamyo Ishii Shiro and Oracle Fuu.
  • Not considered to be in line for the throne because he is an illegitimate but he was raised in the Palace of the Glorious Immortal.
  • Tutored in Tea Country to hone in ninjutsu and genjutsu.
  • Privately trained in taijutsu by private tutors in both Sora and Tea Country.
  • Literate, a genius on par with an Oracle. Educated formally in terms of reading and writing through books written by Fuu that were transported to tutors in Soons. His education emulated that of an Oracle because of these books.
  • Cursed Seals placed by Nao.
  • Practitioner of Jashinism. Shouki is considered to be a Jashinist priest.
  • Upon completion of his training he was informally placed as the general of the Soverign Army.
  • He was sent on a mission to recover Oracle Fuu, she was found among a treasure-seeking group known as the Cabal. He attacked her and brought her before Diamyo Ishii Shiro for judgement, Fuu was sent to Nao for treatment. Shouki subsequently joined the Cabal group and the Cabal group was given access to Sunagakure's infrastructure. Fuu was re-added 3 months later.
  • Shouki's purpose in The Cabal was to keep the Kazekage outside of the village for the first 72 hours of the siege. After that Shouki was supposed to return to Sora and muster the Soverign Army, citing the Cabal's success. The Cabal's attack successful. The determination was that Sunagakure was a sub-par and that they could be easily destroyed.
  • The Soverign attack was prevented because of Shouki's mysterious absence. He failed to return to lead his army, reportedly because he fell underground when leaving the Maw of Barynx to return to Sora. He attacked some moderate ranked assumed shinobi, apparently taking on a perverse interest in the Kazekage. The fate of those he took is undocumented but as there is no record of their recovery my reports assume them to be dead.
  • Swallowed by Gamabunta after he fought Sousuke, however he was seen several months later according to civilian reports that described a man matching his description nude walking through the residential district. His present whereabouts are unknown but there have been no reports that he has exited the community nor have there been any reports of brutal attacks that would match a description of what he might do.
  • Akimichi heritage on father's side; mother is merely known as a 'quick learner.'
Fighting Style:
  • Exceptionally durable.
  • Uses a giant blade when he fights, it is as tall as he is and weighs 100 pounds.
  • Sado-masochist.
  • Reckless fighting style.
  • Seeks pain.
Known Affiliations:
  • Cabal member Naganisa - former sex whore-slave in Soons. She has had a consensual physical relationship with Shouki in the past.
  • Kazekage Takahashi Sousuke III - he is likely obsessed with him and will likely seek to play a mind game with the Kazekage.
  • He seeks opportunities to be violent and also enjoys sex, neither of these things are mutually exclusive.
[/spoilername]
[spoilername="Number 1"]Name: Unknown; goes by the moniker "Number 1"; "Ichi"
Height: 6 foot 0 inches
Weight: 200 lbs
Eye Color: Silver
Hair Color: dark brown
Defining Markings: Multiple scars over his body as well as runic tattoos
Preferred Attire: Covered in clean, white bandages that cover most of his flesh. He wears normal clothes over this, however it is normally nothing more than a pair of sandals and loose-fitting pants.
History:
  • The longest-term member of the Soverign Academy.
  • His origins are unknown but it is likely that he was picked up from the street as someone who would not be missed as a child.
  • He is a member of the Soverign Army and has been for decades. He serves only the Diamyo's orders.
  • He specializes in quieter missions that have remained undocumented so information cannot be shared because it is unknown. However it is important to note that he often does missions on his own but he also works in small team cells when requested.
  • Considered the "ultimate tool" as stated by Daimyo Ishii.
  • No formal education but he is literate and considered highly intelligent but there is no known reason why.
  • Seals were likely placed by Nao and include: Terra, Celestial, Gaia, Lunar, Hell, Astral, Solar, and Heaven Seals
Fighting Style
  • Genjutsuist. His power comes from his word.
  • Stronger than General Shouki, but not immortal.
Known Affiliations:
  • None. He is all business so it is unlikely you will find him sulking about. He follows orders to the letter and considers himself a 'good soldier.'
  • Last known orders were to assist in the collection of Sennins. His part in the matter is unknown, but he as well as the rest of the Soverign were ordered to contact the Sennins or other high-ranking delegates from around the world when they arrived in Soons Haven. He is likely processing a foreign delegate.
[/spoilername]
[spoilername="Number 2"]Name: Unknown; "Number 2"; "Mad Monsutā"; "Ni"
Height: 7 feet, 0 inches
Weight: 345
Eye Color: Teal
Hair Color: Blonde, pulled back from his face and bound most commonly but sometimes left down.
Defining Markings: Bilateral ears pierced; runic tattoos on back that appear to be cursed seals. All of the cursed seals appear conventional less one at the base of his neck that is unrecognizable.
Preferred Attire: No shirts (ever); loose-fitting pants; heavy jewelry that is not gold but he believes it is made of purse gold. Some of these pieces are so massive that they also serve as partial plate armor.
History:
  • Street child picked up in Soons Haven at the age of 3; son of a whore and one of her customers. While undocumented it was believed that he was sold to the Soverign.
  • No formal education beyond what he was given by the Soverign Academy. Does not understand sarcasm, metaphors, slang or language shorthand.
  • Serves primarily as a guardian for various targets of interest. He has never lost a subject he has presided over.
  • He is presently monitoring Ishii Sango.
Fighting Style:
  • Exceptionally durable.
  • Unarmed fighter who cannot be physically bound.
  • Reckless fighting style.
  • Selfless in strategy, he will destroy himself to destroy a dangerous target, however he has proven himself too durable to be destroyed.
  • It is unknown if he is immortal, he has never been defeated, even by Shouki or Number 1 but what he has in strength he lacks in intellect.
Known Affiliations:
  • He is in love with fellow Soverign member Shichi, however the sentiment is unrequited.
  • Shiny things - he loves all that glitters.
  • The target he is protecting -- he will not be more than a room away for the duration of his assignment.
[/spoilername]
[spoilername="Number 3"]Name: Unknown; called "Number 3" or "San"
Height: 5 foot 9 inches
Weight: 180 lbs
Eye Color: white?
Hair Color: N/A
Defining Markings: Made of a viscous black substance, he is devoid of known organs beyond dentition and an oropharyngeal cavity.
Preferred Attire: N/A
History:
  • Sold off as a youth, exact age unknown by an orphanage in Sora to the Soverign Academy for a stipend. This was common practice about three decades ago where one child is sold off in exchange for a food stipend that had enough value to.
  • Level of education is irrelevant, he does not create plans and will follow them to an extent but will sometimes divert from the path. He is considered insane and a dangerous, violent liability in missions because he does not care about the welfare of his teammates but he does care about the success of a mission.
  • He has killed 32 fellow Soverign purposefully, 17 others succumbed to grievous wounds weeks after incidents.
  • He is used primarily as an interrogator for the Diamyo's enemies, something Number 3 enjoys. His victims rarely live.
  • He is presently in Soons Harbor, he is capable of breathing under water and is being used to wrest control of the waters.
Fighting Style:
  • With a non-conformist body, he is mostly fluid. Physical attacks as well as water-based attacks are highly ineffective.
  • Master of water-based jutsus, he enjoys drowning his victims.
  • Does not care about the safety of his allies.
  • Never negotiates.
Known Affiliations:
  • A sadist, he has no known friends however it is rumored he gets along well with Shouki.
  • Water -- he is always in water. It is unknown if this is a preference or a biological need but he will seek water to even sleep in and will only remain out of the water for a few hours at a time.
[/spoilername]
[spoilername="Number 4"]Name: Ōtsuki Sayuri; "Number 4"; "Shi."
Height: 5 foot 3 inches
Weight: 118 lbs
Eye Color: hazel
Hair Color: white
Defining Markings: Multiple piercings but with fine studs so they are not immediately noticeable.
Preferred Attire: Variable
History:
  • Entered during a different era of Soverign training, slightly more refined. The children were still victims of experimentation but the effect on their appearance was not as immediately noticeable.
  • A street rat child, orphaned at the age of six she lived on the streets of Soons Haven surviving by selling her wares which at the time were necklaces made from fishbones that she filed down to resemble long ivory-live beads.
  • Experimented on, her body is filled with dark tendrils that are under her command and her limbs are capable of detachment.
  • Trained to fight from the shadows, she was trained to fight formally by Nao.
  • A watcher primarily, skilled at infiltration, subterfuge and assassination she is one of the better known members of the Soverign despite being far from the most powerful or the one with the longest tenure. Publicly is is known as a mercenary with no official affiliation with the Diamyo but this is untrue. She officially works in Soons Haven, often working closely with the Merchant Lords.
  • She was tasked with the collection of Sennins as well as the brainwashing of the collected victims.
Fighting Style:
  • She is a watcher primarily, skilled at infiltration, subterfuge and assassination.
  • The tendrils inside of her have offensive capacity.
  • She has cannibalistic tendencies and eats humans hearts, often of former lovers.
  • She likes to embarrass her opponents.
  • She is beautiful and uses this to her advantage. She will not enter a fair fight when she does not have to. She has a proficiency with poisons.
Known Affiliations:
  • She does not get along with most of her fellow Soverign members, specifically taro because of her "bad attitude."
  • She is a drinker and a gambler, however her identity during these outings is closely guarded.
  • She has a crush on a woman in Sunagakure, however the woman does not know that she exists (pick the woman as this is not defined but it must be a PC and first to pick one assume that it the name in the file).
[/spoilername]
[spoilername="Ogasawara Nao"]Name: Ogasawara Nao; whuile the fifth member nobody has called him anything but his name.
Height: 5 foot 11 inches
Weight: 168 lbs
Eye Color: red
Hair Color: black hair, half shaved and half long enough to be considered a long bob that he often pulls back with a hair binder.
Defining Markings: Multiple piercings, often silvered pieces of metal. When one looks closely at the metal they would notice runic markings. In addition his body is tattooed with inky black runic markings, however if one were to watch them long enough they would notice that these seals change albeit slowly they do so over the course of minutes.
Preferred Attire: Dark, juvenile choices with gothic tones. He seems to not differentiate between masculine or feminine attire, his boots are often heeled giving him an additional 2-4 inches height. Despite his advanced age, he has the skin (although very pale) of a teenager.
History:
  • Rumored to be immortal, but this rumor has never been proven or disproven.
  • Joined the Soverign of his own accord 30 years ago but he has been associated with the Soverign for much longer.
  • A dabbler in Jashinism, Nao is not a Jashinist but rather a Dark Sage. His power-set differs from that of other Dark Sages however. More powerful in a singular regard while at the same time much more limited. Nao's corpses work independent of him, however their scope is limited to their command and the corpses remain their previous sentiment but not full control.
  • He has a particular interest in former Sunahoshi corpses as well as other figures of historical significance.
  • He is considered to be potentially the most powerful among the Soverign, however this has never been proven because nobody has actually ever fought him.
  • He came from Tea Country
  • He is on a different level than most of the Sovereign, he does not go by a number and is responsible for many of the seals that are placed on the other Sovereign as well as the re-education of most. He likely has a personal goal considering his choice of seals on oracle Fuu because she was beholden to him rather than the Diamyo.
Fighting Style:
  • Fights via proxy with his resurrected corpses.
  • Master of sealing.
  • Never directly places himself in danger if it can be prevented.
Known Affiliations:
  • A confidant of the Diamyo's and his oldest friend.
  • Can be found in the Sovereign Academy or the Palace of the Glorious Immortal.
[/spoilername]
[spoilername="Number 6"]Name: Muto Atsushi; "Number 6"; "Roku"
Height: 5 foot 8 inches
Weight: 400 lbs
Eye Color: black
Hair Color: black, ragged
Defining Markings: Body is mostly metal; His gears whirl which each movement and in his wake the occasional belch of smoke.
Preferred Attire: Normal clothes, variable.
History:
  • The son of a prolific inventor, he suffered an injury as a child that caused him to lose a leg. He fell from the wall he climbed on a childish dare that surrounded Soons and fracutured his leg. The leg was so badly infected that it had to be amputated a few weeks later.
  • His father created a prosthetic for him that allowed Number 6 to maintain functionality.
  • His father died in an accident when Atsushi was 11; he died of carbon monoxide poisoning when one of his vents in his workshop became clogged.
  • Number 6's mother died when he was very young leaving him an orphan. The workshop fell quickly into disarray but Atsushi seemed to share in his father's talent. He worked in the small workshop for the next 2 years, he did gain a meager following that likely would have grown with time had he had the time to do so.
  • The workshop tools were repossessed at the age of 13, the Merchant Lords had confiscated most of his work. He was tossed onto the street. He did not last long on the streets before he was found by Number 1.
  • To escape the streets he accepted the offer to enter the Soverign Academy.
  • He was trained and reconditioned for the next 2 years in the academy. When he left the academy he was rather ill, he suffered several medical ailments however he was kept alive by a fellow 'student' who would one day be known as "Shichi" and the source of their relationship. A majority of his body was replaced with inorganic items such as stone and metal, he somehow survived these rough surgeries.
  • He refined his body once he 'graduated' from the Academy.
  • He was an early favorite of General Shouki, who was 12 at the time Number 6 was added to the Soverign Army, he was conscripted at the age of 15.
  • His duties have varied. Exceptionally durable and with a variety of offensive, defensive and supportive prosthetics he is very dangerous in unexpected ways. Most notable is his fire-based attacks due to the oil in his flame thrower. He is also fast because he has rocket boosters.
  • He was last seen in Sunagakure; he attacked Oracle Fuu but his reason was unknown.
Fighting Style:
  • Prosthetics used in combat, he has a variety of tools built into his body.
  • Chemical and fire damages are the most prolific.
Known Affiliations:
  • Favored by Shouki, likely for his unusual presence.
  • Has a friendship with Shichi, she likely provides him with medical attention.
  • He might have a sense of loyalty to Ichi.
  • A capable inventor, it is likely he maintains a shop someplace where he develops his prosthetics.
[/spoilername]
[spoilername="Number 7"]Name: Miyabe Amaya; "Number 7"; Shichi
Height: 5 foot 6 inches
Weight: 129 lbs
Eye Color: Purple
Hair Color: Long, lavender
Defining Markings: a seal on her hand that is a command seal
Preferred Attire: Variable, she tends to dress like a civilian for the most part when she is not working but when she is working as a member of the Sovereign she tends to obfuscate her identity with a cowl.
History:
  • A medic by nature, she was once a Sunan medic hopeful.
  • Never actually graduated from the Academy of course despite her aptitude but did have some basic shinobi training in Sunagakure.
  • Believed dead, her parents faked her death to prevent a kidnapping. She was kidnapped as a young girl from her hotel room, her parents never woke up in response to her abductor and feared reprisal or worse yet blame. Instead they faked her death and claimed he drowned in the bay.
  • She was not experimented on by Nao, unlike many of the others. Rather she was psychologically manipulated over several years.
  • She serves as a medic for her group in missions, often never entering the direct fray because she was there only to stitch her allies back together. For that reason publicly she is not known to be associated with the Diamyo beyond her graduation from the Soverign Academy at the age of 17. They are and have continued to be known publicly as a 'school' for the underprivileged.
  • Publicly her jobs are variable, but she presently works for a newspaper based out of Soons. She writes articles under a variety of penames but does so under the guidance of the Diamyo. Her articles are often strong opinion pieces.
  • Her last mission was to assist in the Sennin collection. She was not to kill them but rather to be defeated by one and captured sand to seek to harness their hubris.
Fighting Style:
  • Powerful ninjutsuist and healer.
  • Expert in bondage techniques and poisons.
  • A surgeon worthy of accolades
  • Capable illusionist but she prefers ninjutsu because it makes her 'creations' real.
  • Does not require handseals to cast ninjutsus.
Known Affiliations:
  • Number 2 has a crush on her but she does not share his feelings.
  • She is a close friend with Number 6, it is unknown if they are romantically involved.
  • She works for a newspaper based out of Soons Haven.
  • For the most part she appears to be a middle class woman that lives in Soons Haven. Her schedule includes manicure and pedicure the first saturday of the month. She works monday through friday at The Herald from none to five. She gets coffee every morning between 0815 and 0845 at a small cafe called the Desert Rose where she buys a small coffee and a buttery danish that she drinks and consumed on her way to her job that she walks to every morning. She brings her lunch every day except Wednesday, on that day she eats lunch at a small dimly lit bistro that specializes in fish dishes. She meets someone there each week between 1100 and 1230. In the evening she walks home and rarely leaves her residence which is located in the middle class region of Soons Haven on a second floor apartment. 675 New Stone Drive. She gets groceries every Sunday, she seems to have a love for fish because most of her food is bought at Soons Harbor. She also seems to have a strong preference for vegetables, it is possible she is a pescaterian.
[/spoilername]
[spoilername="Number 8"]Name: Yuji; "Number 8"; "Hachi"
Height: 5 foot 11 inches
Weight: 198 lbs
Eye Color: Gold
Hair Color: Red, messy
Defining Markings: Several piercings
Preferred Attire: Variable, he dresses like a young man in rather utilitarian clothes including cargo pants and light jackets with a number of pockets.
History:
  • Born in a brothel, his mother is Naganisa a Cabalist.
  • He was adopted during his infancy and passed around to several orphanages in his youth. Most of the families did not treat him well.
  • He acted out as a child and was labeled a delinquent but he did have a 'normal' education up until the age of 12 in public schools in various parts of Wind Country.
  • He was eventually abandoned in front of the Soverign Academy at the age of 12.
  • He was indoctrinated into the academy where he was reconditioned.
  • He 'graduated' the academy the next year at the age of 13, one of the fastest graduates. He apparently has a natural affinity and skill for the things expected of a Cabalist.
  • His duties as a Soverign are variable but he is often called upon by the Diamyo to complete tasks and they are done with proficiency. They are most commonly assassinations.
Fighting Style:
  • He fights with knives.
  • Strong affinity for poisons.
Known Affiliations:
  • He has a rivalry with Shouki; this is not associated with Shouki's relationship with his mother because he is not aware that his mother's identity is known.
  • He is methodical in his assassinations, he can be found in libraries as well as coffee houses throughout Soons and Sora.
  • He works as a sommelier in Soons presently.
  • He lives among the Merchant Lords and affluent businessmen in the heart of Soons, his pattern changes weekly but he tends to live at each household for a week and assists in event planning for these wealthy men and women.
[/spoilername]
[spoilername="Number 9"]Name: Oogami Taro; "Number 9" (used rarely); "Kyū" (used rarely)
Height: 6 foot 1 inch
Weight: 180 lbs
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Indigo
Defining Markings: Tattoos - some runic but many merely artistic.
Preferred Attire: Rather dynamic fashion choices, he likes to be noticed. He likes to wear sunglasses indoors.
History:
  • Orphaned at a young age he lived on the streets and stole food and baubles to survive.
  • [ Considered a street rat he was captured at the age of 6 by samurais and brought to the Merchant Lords for judgement. He was sent to the Soverign Academy for wayward youth in hopes that he would become a 'benefit to society.'
  • He escaped the Soverign twice and was subsequently recaptured each time by local authorities and returned to the Soverign over the next year. He was considered problematic even by the Academy because he assisted with each of those escaped several other youths and most of these youths were never recovered.
  • He was subsequently reprogrammed. He believes that he is a hero in service of the Diamyo as well as an abstract view of 'justice' that has been instilled by the Sovereign.
  • He graduated the Academy at the age of 17.
  • Considered unemployed according to public records he can often be found in various bars making bets where he demonstrates feets of strength and flexibility, his gains are considered enough for him to support himself.
  • He was sent to Soons Haven to collect Sennins most recently as per the order of the Diamyo. He was ordered to hurt them because they beat women. He has killed several foreign dignitaries to date via blunt force trauma - their faces and pelvises were crushed.
Fighting Style:
  • He is a Kirishii
  • He can find opponents even if they are hidden, he has a sense that allows him to find anyone that touches anything that touches the ground.
  • He prefers using his hands in combat but he has been trained in all matter of taijutsu, has some skill in ninjutsu and even genjutsu.
  • He likes to show off
Known Affiliations:
  • Justice
  • As an idealist he is considered to be "a fool" by most of his fellow Sovereign.
  • He tries to collect friends but they often do not survive his allies the Sovereign. He has kidnapped friends before to stop them from running away.
[/spoilername]
[spoilername="Number 10"]Name: Natsukawa Avaron; "Number 10" (used rarely); "Jū" (used rarely)
Height: 5 foot 7 inch
Weight: 130 lbs
Eye Color: grey-green
Hair Color: black with a streak of bed
Defining Markings: Runic tattoo seals placed by Nao that are not readily visible because they are under her clothes.
Preferred Attire: Simple tank shirt and pants with a pair of heavy military style boots. She wears a pair of dog tags that have her name graven on them.
History:
  • She came to Wind Country 1 year ago at the behest of the Otokage, he was seeking to unify Otogakure with Wind Country preferably through marriage.
  • Upon arrival she allegedly learned of the Soverign Army and offered her services, joining the Soverign voluntarily.
  • She never entered a reformatting.
  • She tends to work closely with Nao but does odd tasks for both Ishii Shiro and Nao upon request.
  • Her most recent venture was to Sunagakure where she came to recover the known criminal Cabalist Kaito. Her success is unknown.
Fighting Style:
  • She is capable of creating bombs that can explode remotely, via proximity or timed.
  • Can is able to absorb the abilities and skills of those she is fighting.
Known Affiliations:
  • Favored by Otokage Kageoni.
  • Good working relationship with Nao and the Daimyo.
[/spoilername]

File_icon.gif
[/col]

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]
"Your master pulls at your leash, half-breed. You grow brave in the company of your allies but know this; even if you were capable of overpowering me with those present the mere ignition of a battle between us will cost you and your village hundreds of lives." Mikaboshi growled at Kazuki. In fact, he primed a "pistol" and seemed ready to attack the Senju Overlord on the spot. The White Wolf chuckled again. The Deep Lord's reactions seemed to be more and more humane. Did he not he know his Ancient essence was being defiled by the Sunahoshi's body he had taken as host? No, of course he would not. He was so foolishly blinded by pride he would not even consider such thoughts. The Elder Shadow was so above all else he would never be soiled by human feelings and yet, here they were. Facing each other, fangs ready. Poor guy, in a way, the Silvery Haired Man almost pitied him. Unfortunately Reaper was not the kind of Hybrid of retreating before danger. "I have to question you. Is this the kind of alliance we want and need? When we are constantly marred by shackles and cannot act or speak freely because we risk offending one of our allies, regardless if we are actively trying to do so or not. Is this the kind of partnership we need?" the Occult Sennin questioned them all. By now he had given his back to the former ANBU Sennin. He was gambling now. He was expecting not be attacked when his back was offered to his foe, mainly because the Deep Court Lord was such a prideful being. Would pride allow him to strike a foe under such circumstances?

"You know why he made such proposition to you Sousuke. He knows we need him to win this war. But he doesn't need us at all, he is just using as a shield to overcome the Wind Daimyo and his Sovereign. And when the war is over and the dust settles, he will crush whoever remains lingering on the battlefield. Everything he does is to benefit him and him alone. If, by a slim chance, we get to gain something out of it, so be it, but our gains are the least of his concerns. This is not a true alliance and you all know it." Kazuki continued. Shadows began to drop from his chest as he continued, "This is a dictatorship and I, for one, just like my kin, have seen enough of them for a lifetime. In fact, we have suffered at the hands of one and we will not do so ever again. I will not allow Sunagakure to fall but I will defend this village under my own rules from now on. You can still count on me, but I am done with this farce." he finished. By now, his entire body had been changed by the continuous pouring of shadows from inside his body. His form was no longer recognizable as human, but he still resembled a humanoid. His frame was entirely composed of shadows and multiple tendrils wriggled freely.

"You have won Mikaboshi. You succeeded in breaking this tenuous alliance as I am leaving." the Deep Court Hybrid announced as he turned around. "From this moment henceforth I renounce all ties with the Deep Court. This moment is the dawn of the birth of the Death Court with me at its stead. You have won today but you will eventually learn that certain victories come with a hefty price." he stated as his form began to disperse. "Farewell." would be the last words they would hear from him.

[MFT - 611]
[Topic Left unless Stopped]​
|[legend="[[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASj81daun5Q][b][u]Protectors of Sunagakure[/u][/b][/url]]"]
2hykhd.jpg

Senju Kazuki - Occult Sennin
sand_sennin.gif
[/legend][/col]

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
As expected Mikaboshi would not take the gesture again his new companion kindly. He conjured a fireball. Was the endgame going to result in what happened to the Residential zone? Probably. Luckily, that did not occur. Sousuke found himself in a state of loathing. He despised Ancients. He despised himself. He even found himself despising Katuso. Fuu was right, he should have had Katuso apprehended. Apprehended for what though? Failing to accept his place and his charge? Sousuke wanted nothing more than to sit Katuso on that damnable Diamond throne and advise him to make the decisions required. Katuso was many things Sungakure needed that Sousuke could not be, and never would be. Curiously though Mikaboshi reacted before Sousuke spoke. That was interesting. He was never the type to react first. He was usually the type to watch and then react. Did Mikaboshi lose his senses? He had gained much in taking over Katuso's body but there were trade-offs.

Kazuki retaliated with words and a transformation. Kazuki was right. Mikaboshi would simply pick apart the victor between Sungakure and Sora. While Sousuke probably could have called all of them to fight Mikaboshi, there was the tower and its nearby inhabitants to be concerned about. Kazuki would leave them ultimately but not without having more to say, and in that a reveal in creation of a Death Court. Great. More Ancients. No. Not quite. Kazuki was the descendant of a Deep Court Ancient. While terms were being dictated to them by Mikaboshi, what he failed to realize was that his weapon was not truly indestructible. The Sunahoshi weapon he held was infact made by Takahashi, and was repaired by Takahashi. It would be a great shame if the blade were to break down once again and he failed to have someone with the knowledge and skill to do it. A small but encouraging thought, as Mikaboshi from time to time had met his own challenges and would continue to do so. Ultimately Kazuki would leave them. Who knew what would become of this split in the Deep Court. Mikaboshi did not command the legions that Kazuki did, and Mikaboshi did not have a family to back him up either. Certainly he had Suna and now Michi, some others that he had unaccounted that in time Sousuke figured he would learn about.

While Sousuke found himself despising Katuso for a moment, another moment later he found himself saddened by it. Katuso was a victim in all of this. Sousuke would sigh and shake his head. He was coming full circle "Let him go."<i></i> He would simply state. "He is correct about a number of things, but there are other things he is not correct about. Another undertaking for another time. We're not done talking about the Sovereign yet."<i></i> Sousuke would rewind his situation. Sousuke would notice something about the numerical ordering here. Nao was not noted as Number Six, but he was in the same spot as Number Six would have been. "Why is Nao's numerical position ... the way it is? He should be Number Six, but is not identified as such. What I am to understand here is that he has a hand in each and every single one of these individuals. That being the case, and given what you said we will speak about him last then. That is fine for me."<i></i> There was that enigmatic Otogakure being referenced. The supposed leader of this village was being married to the daughter of the Daimyo. A village that was hidden better than Suna was, but at the same time Sousuke had to wondered where their part in this world was, but he suspected he would be given that information and narrative later, if at all. "At any rate. I'm willing to listen."<i></i> Sousuke of course did not listen to Fuu in her former life when it came to creating a secondary Shoki. It was a weapon that was necessary. A weapon to erase -- wait. Sousuke replayed some words that Michi had said - to provide information. There was one individual that provided him information in the past. That lead to the formation of the Orders, which Sousuke had indeed implemented. There was of course one rather large piece of information Sousuke was missing to put all the details together. Did it matter ultimately? Sousuke would have to shelf the concept of who Michi was once again. "Shall we review Number Two and Number Three?"<i></i> He glanced over Number Two. An older member of the Sovereign. These individuals so far seemed to be of middling age, one of course could argue that Number One was an old man. "I presume there is a narrative here to be shared?"<i></i>

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kuro placed his hand before his face in exasperation as Kazuki became fed up with Mikaboshi. It was evident to all of them that Mikaboshi was going to be an issue in the future if he did not change. What it would take to make him change was the problem but he would need to focus on that issue after dealing with the Sovereign. Kuro looked over the files with ease and began his own studies of the information through his avatars. He would need to make countermeasures against them before asking for assistance from Roku and Sousuke. He would definitely need Mikaboshi and Kazuki to stop Nao. Finishing off Shouki would be simple for Kuro because he knew how to defeat Jashinists and turn their gifts against them. "We waste time feuding amongst ourselves. I will do all I can to set aside plans for us to engage each individual and assure the maximum protection for our citizens. Mikaboshi-sama, Thank you for allowing your progeny to aid us. If she has a moment I invite her to stop by my dojo and review some plans with me later. Kazekage... I will need your assistance with the automaton when he appears again and we can work out a plan to take down Shouki as well if Roku has time. Nao will require Mikaboshi and Kazuki to put aside their feud but I believe we can handle the majority of the sovereign if we work together. If anyone else has any suggestions please let me know."

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Episode 10: 'Going Off the Rails'| Sennin Arc said:
[col]The thing would once more make a comment towards him, to which he would pay no heed or attention. There was still anguish swirling and swelling up inside him as his mind trying to comprehend the creation before him, simply trying desperately to find rationale for who it wasn't who he thought it was, and yet all roads kept coming back to one conclusion.

In a rather shocking display, if for no other reason than he believed he was going to be the one to do it, Kazuki declared his intentions to leave this gather and break from the truce that the Kazekage had set before them. Outwardly, this was Mikaboshi's first victory against them. Yet, even with some of his distrust towards his fellow Sennin, he did understand Kazuki. The shadow man seemed to have some dealings with Fuu prior to their locking her up, and depending on how that relationship went or how long it had been running he probably did not take this sudden appearance of the abomination much better. Unlike the new denizen of the Death Court, Roku had no interest in making his displeasure, suspicion or emotions known at this time. It wouldn't have been in his favor.

Sliding in front of the humanoid shadow monster, Roku would have a parting conversation. The expression upon his face would turn from neutral to stern as he stared down his departing colleague.

"You running on home already? Gotta make it back to that big shadowy palace? Got a pet caged up that you need to check on? You'd probably be that guy that lives alone with a bird for a pet... shit, like living in a prison."

He would dismissively chuckle at the thought.

"Don't think your little haughty attitude will be forgotten, friend. You and I will have words about this later, you can bet on that."

His attitude, his tone and his words were meant to heavily convey a couple of things more apparent than others; disappointment, sarcasm, frustration, anger. Underneath all of that, there was another message. Words he used were specific and intentional. Previous in the Obsidian Palace he, under and alias, had made reference to Fuu as his 'little birdy'. While his veiled message wasn't entirely too clear, there was some hope that mentions of a caged bird, prison and shadowy palace would be enough dots for him to connect. He also hoped that how odd it might have sounded in comparison to his early verbal assaults directed towards Kazuki and Kuro would stand out. If not, then he would just further cement an open animosity towards his fellow Sennin. Either scenario played to his favor.

Sliding back he would let the now more monster-like Kazuki pass on by and continue his exit. His attention would return the files in his hand and he would lend his ear to Kuro as the Sennin spoke his piece on preparations for the upcoming battles.

He attempts to do too much solo, that won't lead to positive results.

The inner monologue of Roku clearly missing the irony of Roku considering anyone as 'doing too much solo'. He awaited the next round of stories.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OOC:
MFT - 528 words
|

Personal Data
Fight Data
[/legend]​
[/col]

Mikaboshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]"You were the one that put hands upon my kin. Once more it is a human that breaks his word and yet we are blamed for taking action." Mikaboshi seethed, small gouts of green and black flame wisping around the mouth of the mask that he wore upon his face. The swirling ball of fel flame winked out from existence but the temperature in the room did not decrease. Rather it continued to climb. Kazuki made a show of his attempting to leave the room but as Roku moved between him and the door and passed words between them, Mikaboshi's anger boiled over. With a movement of his hand, he sent the table in the middle of the room through the adjacent wall with a sudden crash.

"Do not dare to turn your back to me, halfbreed!"

[BGM - "Anger of the Eldest Shadow"]

Mikaboshi practically burned with visible anger now. It was clear that Kazuki's casual betrayal of the truce had touched a nerve but in a way that perhaps only Sousuke would be able to truly understand. The original event which had caused the rift between Mikaboshi and humanity had been Sunagakure turning on their "ally" out of fear. Men from Sunagakure had broken the terms of the agreement the Deep Court held with Sunagakure and found themselves subject to the laws of the Deep Court; hunt or be hunted. In retaliation, Sunagakure broke all ties with the Deep Court and launched a sneak attack which had resulted in the destruction of the court at the hands of the Four Winds of the King and the First Kazekage, Sunahoshi Nori. During the attack Mikaboshi had lost the one person in all the world that he might have considered a true friend and found himself placed into an ethereal prison which had held him for generations alone with his regret and bitterness. In this moment it seemed as if Kuro and Sousuke's appeals to reason were completely unheard by the furious lord. Each of them had looked on as Kazuki had restrained his kin and said nothing. Done nothing. It was a clean reminder of why he stood where he stood, as if he needed more of those. It wasn't so much the act of having broken the truce; he knew that was coming, really. It was the fact that once more a human broke the truce and claimed it was his fault.

"You try to lay claim to a lineage which is greater than the sum of all of humanity's works even while you spit in the faces of your last remaining kin. Death Court? What a joke. You are a joke. One that has ceased to amuse me."

They'd told him "you brought this on yourself". Even while Mariko's blood cooled on the stones of Shadow's Heart, Sunahoshi Nori had said those words to him. He said he was sorry and that things had to be this way. He said he was sorry.

((For those interested, the story being referenced here can be found in this thread: LINK. Carry on!))

You brought this on yourself. Those had been his words.

Both Sousuke and Kazuki had seen this before the last time they'd fought with the Deep Lord. When they'd fought last time Sousuke had pushed Mikaboshi's buttons by blaming him for the battle which was transpiring... that Sousuke had provoked by threatening Suna. It was rapidly becoming clear that if someone didn't make an attempt to diffuse the situation that a battle was going to erupt one way or another and many innocent people would be caught in the crossfire of such a clash. Not that Mikaboshi cared; they weren't his people. The vast majority of his people were long since dead. All that remained now were himself, Suna and a handful of halfbreeds spawned in a vain attempt to keep their proud race from slipping into the dust of the past completely.

"Since you seem so keen on being one of us then I will treat you as one. I will have satisfaction from you, Lord of the Death Court." Growled Mikaboshi, each breath alight with licks of fel flame like the maw of an angry dragon. "Apologize and ask for my forgiveness or I will tear it from your smoking hide."

There was no capriciousness in the words Mikaboshi used. Kazuki seemed determined to be taken seriously as Mikaboshi's kin and if that were true then he would be subject to their rules. Their way. He could either apologize for his transgression or this would become a battle. There were no other options. Deposed as he was from his throne, Mikaboshi was still an Ancient Lord and one of the very last of them to boot. There existed only Suna left save and she was as diminished as he was. He would not stand idly while a halfbreed claimed his ascendancy in the same breath as having paid him a grave insult. That was not the way of their kind and certainly not the way of Mikaboshi.

[Stopping Kazuki from leaving. You don't get to go yet, friend.]|[legend="[[b][u]OOC Notes[/u][/b]] - [[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2JjjSKh6jM]BGM[/url]]"]
mikaboshipost.png

W5iWrBK.png
[/legend][/col]

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
oDr0kyl.png

Michi

She remained silent during the tense moments that followed. The roiling anger and the bridled aggression of multiple parties was about to reach a head. "These puerile outbursts are without gains," she announced. "The Deep Court not only maintains their word but they expect that of others as well, it is more than a preference but a compulsion. While duplicitous in nature, they do not create fallacies and their word is their bond. Even if they were not compelled by their nature to do so, it is considered to be an act so low and deplorable that it is often considered an unforgivable slight in the Deep Court." She explained as she stepped forward, between the potential combatants but not in the path of the door but rather the center of the room. "You do not keep your word Sennin Senju, meaning you are not bound to the intent of the Deep Court. However, being capable does not make your actions righteous or even right especially in the eyes of your peers. Your hubris is your weakness and your sin," Michi warned. She was not going to stop him, the truce was indeed abolished but she was not here for a fight.

Sousuke, the leader who does not intervene. His men break their word and his enemies are pounding on their door, only civility keeping them at bay and he allowed the insult. She looked at him, he was far from impressive in her opinion. He wanted everything but was not willing to do a thing to get it. It was luck and perhaps providence if she believed in such things that have allowed this village to survive under his rule for so long. The Ancients could fight this out if need be. She turned to the errant leader. "You Takahashi Sousuke, third of your name, are a weak leader because pacts made are a display of not only your honor but also that or your men. You failed to intervene, to rebuke or beg pardon for their offenses making you complicit in your Sennin's outburst. Your allowance is an act of war against the Deep Court. Ancients are not so short-sighted as to forget such a slight, nor are men. You will lose your hold over the tribes of man when you need them most if you refuse to lead. Your idle stances will destroy not only you but this village." The Oracle warned, her golden eyes seemed to burn into him as she said that. She was reading him, perhaps he could feel it. Her long pale fingers reaching into the darkest parts of his mind and pulling from him what they found. The intense moment would not last for long, only for the duration of her words, she said what she needed to and she found what she wanted. She was not able to read minds, most certainly not but one does not need to be a sage to know. His expressions, where his ponderous gaze would lay. His posture and his grin or glower. An image was capable of a thousand words, so what does that make a moving snapshot locked in her brain? A hefty tome.

She walked over to Roku and stopped uncomfortably close to him. She did not address him from the front but rather the side. "Sennin Tenkin I presume?" She paused a moment and awaited affirmation but she did not expect or require it. "I and confident of who you are because it would be odd to have every Sennin gathered in a single space less one outlander and one Sennin absent," she explained. It was true, in this meeting of Sunan leaders only Sennin Tenken was unaccounted for. She never knew his actual idenity but she never sought it either, Tenken was an irrelevant to her. "I would have been an asset to you had I not died and had I been treated as a person rather than a possession to be left for later convenience," she commented. Was she angry about the fact that she was left in that prison office, yes. Little shown however in how she carried herself, her neutral expression and her inquiring eyes betrayed little beyond the words she shared. She went to great lengths to ensure they learned and she even went as far as to take herself out of the equation but there was a part of her that truly thought that her works would have made her valuable enough to not leave her behind. The data she had given them, they did not even use. It had become immaterial. Her efforts were for nothing. "You have forgotten what it is to be human and what it is to be humane; I have a feeling that you are the furthest from human among us because I do not know if you can feel anything but anger," she was not emphatic but she was good at reading people. The tense shoulders, the clenched jaw, the widened stance of a man looking or at least always ready for a fight. "Wrath... that is what they will use," she stated as if it was a basic fact she read from a book. "You are also alone by choice, as you should be." It was not intended to be an insult but rather a warning, he was going to hurt someone and it would likely be someone close to him. Right now that would likely be one of his fellow ANBU, Sennin, the Kazekage himself, or perhaps an exceedingly unlucky lady of the night.

Every one of them seemed to have a corner in the office and that was their space. Every one of them was alone. Some of them just realized it more than others. Some even took it as a badge of honor.

She would not know Sennin Toraono from the ally, she was not conscious for most of their time together but she would be aware of him because he has made his status well known not only as a Border Sennin but also as a clan leader. He was a man of few secrets and someone who seemed to like to be known. "Avarice comes in many forms Sennin Toraono. I do not believe that you seek material wealth but rather the adoration of those around you. Perhaps it is a hint of self-loathing from your demonic heritage that you outwardly embrace or perhaps something more personal I cannot ascertain, however you are the sort of man that finds himself in a crowded room that you yourself filled and yet you still feel alone and isolated. You want to be seen and you want to be loved and there are so many of you that I feel that you have found such to be an insurmountable task. You might be a legion, but you are at the core a single man and alone you can only do so much. Shared accolades are better than none. The hope of an exclusive victory where you are the only combatant will certainly be the lure that takes you from your allies and ensures your defeat." The Oracle warned. He would likely tell himself and others he did not want to risk the lives of more soliders. He sought the role of hero and martyr.

As for Mikaboshi, his perceived weakness was irrelevant to the conversation at hand, in fact it was likely the only reason he tolerated them.

"The files will give you everything you need," she finally reiterated. "And you can either learn more about your enemies or you can fight among yourselves and I will seek others who will hear me." She started to back away, towards the door. She was leaving or at least she should go before this situation devolves further. "Is it time to make your leave Deep Court Lord Mikaboshi?" Her hand made a sweeping gesture for the door. Mikaboshi could fight here, he might even win but what benefit would it have? Would it salve his anger. Would it satisfy something in the vestiges of his soul? Would it make him one Ancient poorer? An ungrateful one certainly, the losses conceivably small but still a third of his population. Was he ready for such a sacrifice? Perhaps.

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]
"Do not dare to turn your back to me, halfbreed!" came a growl from behind Kazuki. Although those words had been spoken in a shouting manner and despite the, practically palpable, anger that they carried, the Senju Overlord firmly remained with his back toward the Elder Shadow and continued speaking. The words he had for them had to be spoke and he would allow himself to be deterred because an Ancient Lord was pouting. The fact that things had come to this only further emphasized his point that the alliance with Mikaboshi should never had started to begin with. As the White Transformed into his true Ancient Form and finished his speech, he attempted to leave but was momentarily stopped by his fellow ANBU Sennin. "You running on home already? Gotta make it back to that big shadowy palace? Got a pet caged up that you need to check on? You'd probably be that guy that lives alone with a bird for a pet... shit, like living in a prison. Don't think your little haughty attitude will be forgotten, friend. You and I will have words about this later, you can bet on that." Roku would tell him. The Silvery Haired Man would chuckle, something he rarely did in his human form. He had understood the other guy's veiled message. It was a clear reference to the Obsidian Palace and a certain prisoner named Fuu. One they both suspected had been permanently turned into a Deep Court Ancient and was now in the room under the alias of Michi. You know what they say. Shadow monsters need shadowy lairs. he replied in return. Having said that, Reaper continued his way out of the room, always giving his back toward the Lord of the Deep Court, but as soon as he was about to cross the arch, Mikaboshi's words made him stop.

"You try to lay claim to a lineage which is greater than the sum of all of humanity's works even while you spit in the faces of your last remaining kin. Death Court? What a joke. You are a joke. One that has ceased to amuse me.". After hearing that, the Deep Court Hybrid turned around so he could finally face the former ANBU Sennin. The creature's body mannerism was all about boiling anger, one that threatened to spill over and consume them all. The Occult Sennin did not care. He had fought worse and he survived worse. Casualties were always expected in war times and they were at war. But still, the civilians in the tower and, in fact, the other people present were blameless there. If Mikaboshi wanted a piece of his hide, why not let him? Why not end his suffering? The Senju Overlord's life had been filled with suffering and endless killings. His kin killed by a deranged man and his home vanquished by him. In a way, both Reaper and the Elder Shadow were the same. They had more similarities than they cared to have. "Since you seem so keen on being one of us then I will treat you as one. I will have satisfaction from you, Lord of the Death Court. Apologize and ask for my forgiveness or I will tear it from your smoking hide." the Lord of the Deep Court would finish. An apology hay? The Night's King wanted an apology? Kazuki was not a hybrid of the Solar Court. He did possess a measure of pride, just like Mikaboshi, his potential progenitor, had, but he knew how to kneel in front of another. And he would do so if necessary. "You do not keep your word Sennin Senju, meaning you are not bound to the intent of the Deep Court. However, being capable does not make your actions righteous or even right especially in the eyes of your peers. Your hubris is your weakness and your sin," Michi would warn him. Her words would momentarily shift his gaze from the former Sennin to his new protégée.

It was time to use the Deep Court's limit against them. Reaper would kneel where he stood, while facing the Lord of his Court. Perhaps this would be a shock to everyone, but he was teach them a lesson. One they would never forget, or so he hoped. As his knees made contact with the floor, his shadowy form retracted and his resumed to look like a human again."I apologize Lord of the Deep Court. I spoke out of line, but my words come out of desperation. Do you think you are the only one here that had his home destroyed by man? That had his kind slaughtered by them? That saw his loved ones perish at the hand of mankind? The only one that was betrayed by those considered allies? You are not. I was as well. And dark clouds loom and promise me a second time of such dreadful events. I cannot bear to lose a second home, I am desperate and desperate times mean desperate measures." he conceded. Everything so far had been true. Just like Mikaboshi, so did Kazuki lost his home and was betrayed by a man he considered an ally. "You and I are more alike than we think. More than we want it to be. More than we want to admit. In fact, there may be a small chance that you are my progenitor." the Senju Overlord admitted. They never saw eye to eye, ever since their first encounter. And one had to wonder why. Was it because he was a part of the Deep Court but had learned so without Mikaboshi's direct intervention? Or was it because he saw the Silvery Haired Man was competition to his lordship? "Difficult times are ahead of us all. We are kin, regardless if we want it or not. Perhaps it is time to turn a new leaf and become something we never thought possible. Partners." Reaper declared. Now begged the question. How much of this was true?
[MFT - 999]​
|[legend="[[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASj81daun5Q][b][u]Protectors of Sunagakure[/u][/b][/url]]"]
x0xsld.jpg

sand_sennin.gif
[/legend][/col]

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
There were several points to correct Mikaboshi on. Sousuke wasn't really sure anymore if Mikaboshi knew what he was saying really. Half-bred Ancients touching other Half-bred Ancients and pact breaking. On a technicality it wasn't a full blooded human who had damaged the agreement, it was somewhere in between both parties really. Either way, what Sousuke really thought didn't matter. Mikaboshi flew off the handle and sent a table flying through a wall. Mikaboshi had then went to call out Kazuki and called him a half breed. Considering that Mikaboshi was in the body of Katuso in the form of possession but seemingly he was merged with it ... wasn't he a halfbreed too? His former bodies were mechanical in nature, but had capacity to transform accordingly.

This was a frustrating experience which was only further made by Michi's commentary. Sousuke rubbed his temples and closed his eyes. One particular person spoke so clinically of him. He remembered her words well during their second encounter. Each member of the Cabal has a talent. Mine is remaining a faithful observer... and scribe. Perhaps the last of my Order, it is the one truth I can never truly know and the one truth I will never share... perfect stealth. But I have been watching you for a long time dear Kazekage. I am what you see hidden in the back of the mirror. The creeping shadow you spy out of the corner of your eye. I am the sound of footsteps never passing by.</I><i></i> The conversation lasted maybe half an hour. "At least I've moved on from wanting to be someone else."<i></i> He muttered to himself. "Yes... yes... I am a weak leader, but I am less idle than what you think I am, but there are certain matters I keep private due to a personal choice. I have had far more than just the reconstruction of Sand just to detail and contend with. I don't think the idleness you're referring to meant to what I was referring to."<i></i> Sousuke's rogue gallery was indeed stacking up. Sousuke was ringing his hands. "Gaining favour with differing tribes and groupings in Wind does take time."<i></i> Allies came in all shapes and sizes. Sousuke had been trying to gain favour with a Guild of Farmers that were scraping at the land. He was indeed successful. There was also the matter of dealing with the after-effects of using the power of the First Men. It was a powerset that needed to be ... not recorded or observed by others. <I>Inaction will plague you more than the wrong action. This was the second time he was being told this. Different words. Sousuke's eyes shifted to the ceiling. During this time the sound of metal could be heard coming out from the other room. The table Mikaboshi had smashed was being carried back into the original room by automatons, or a variation of metal clones Sousuke had been working on. Their design was more puppet like in design. The automatons simply returned the table to its proper place. More and more metallic entities would emerge from the room and attend to the room. The automatons seemingly had a great amount of detail in their innerworkings. Each one was different from the other, but they all worked like clockwork.

Michi went to each of them in the room, and spoke her piece it was that clinical way of speaking again. Kazuki had made his apology to Mikaboshi. "People have the tendencies to become highly volatile and act irregularly, but if given time, even seconds they will come to their senses and return to the normal form. That or the use of threats of violence or in this case large a mention of large amounts of collateral damage works as well."<i></i> Sousuke would state for Michi most of all, and in part for himself. "This room is filled with individuals who are either fully human, or part human. Humans are prone to make mistakes, but if given time will correct themselves ... hopefully in time which has occurred here in some form. I am very much aware of Mikaboshi's unfortunate situation with humanity. While Kazuki has already apologized, I will do so as well."<i></i> Sousuke would begin, his head would bow in an odd manner of sorts. "Mikaboshi, I would ask pardon for Kazuki's outburst and actions. Despite his actions, I would remind you that my offer for repairs of your blade, or armour still stands, and still would in the event of an underhanded actions by a member of the courts."<i></i> He added. To hell with inaction. "That being said though, there will be repercussions should any future stains be made on this treaty by any party member of said document. We are here to deal with the Daimyo and the put an end to his game which threatens both Sungakure and the Ancient courts. Both parties are victims here as we were attacked, and Ancients are being tortured and drained of their power by the Soverign."<i></i> Unfortunately coming from a monotone speaker, there was no real threats veiled behind the tone. All the same, Sousuke was full of surprises from time to time, as evidenced by his newly revealed automatons who continued to work to repairing the room. There was something more life-like about how they worked in contrast to Sousuke's mannerisms.

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kuro bowed before Sousuke as he continued his analysis of the files Michi had given him. As he listened to Mikaboshi's tirade he chuckled to himself. It seemed Mikaboshi truly did not understand what he had done by taking a human form. He had gained human emotions, human feelings, and a human heart. The Sunahoshi wielded power forged into their bloodline by Mother Suna herself. Mikaboshi had possessed a host already infused with the power of the ancients. Now he was finding humanity, he was pushing himself further and further away from being a true ancient and just becoming a near immortal lord. His outburst spoke volumes, he may still be an Ancient Lord at heart but he now had a soul and it was affecting him bit by bit. Kuro did not have to stop Mikaboshi from attacking Kazuki as it seemed they had come to an agreement willingly. His main concerns were the Sovereign and the Daimyo, two of which were immortal he would tear the Daimyo's son apart for what he had done to his village, his people, and his baby brother. What he would do to the Daimyo if Mikaboshi or Kazuki did not get to him first was going to be the torment of legends and nightmares. "Sousuke your designs have improved tremendously. Mother will be happy to hear of it, and Doctor Daibatsu might want to spend some time demonstrating some of his newest inventions as well. I eagerly await the time when we go forth as a team and take out these threats."

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Episode 11: 'Your Words'| Sennin Arc said:
[col]Things would spiral a bit more between Mikaboshi and his baby boy before the one known as Michi began to add her own musings to the situation. His eyes would only glance at her for a bit when she began to fixate her words on him. Once she finished;

"My first time meeting a Michi, so care to explain what exactly it was I did to you again? And my, my for someone so upset over being a possession you still seemed to be rather possessed to me."

He would motion towards Mikaboshi who was directing his anger at Kazuki. He brought her here, and it was almost a certain that he made her. He was her keeper. His words were also another subtle dig at the person that Michi once was, as it was clear she had been possessed by the power of the ancient.

She would then take her turn going through the others present, except for the being that was pulling her collar now. The Fuu he knew wasn't a complete idiot, but this new incarnation not only seemed blind but self righteous. Either way, he would await on the chatting until Kazuki would offer a knee and apology to Mikaboshi. The sincerity of it all would be inconsequential as they could go on and on about how they truly feel of one another, this was nothing more than posturing between the two sides. Soon after, Sousuke would offer his own apology. Now, in Roku's mind, it was time for another apology.

"Before we continue any further..."

His attention would turn to Mikaboshi.

"Lord Mikaboshi, I would request an apology from you on behalf of your protege, or an urging of you to get her apologize for stepping out of place... unless your intention was to merely bring her here to run around and provide inciting observations based on a first glance interaction."

If the Deep Court Lord wanted to out himself or his protege for who she really was, a sign that would probably look just as confrontational as any other in the shadow monsters dance with the parameters of their original agreement that was fine with him.

"I would hate to say that her unprovoked interjections, while ever enlightening, were an attempt to mentally effect, to the point of harm, those present, which would fall against our originally agreed upon pact. Now, I would never say you are a weak leader because pacts made are a display of not only your honor but also that or your men... or children, or that you failed to intervene, to rebuke or beg pardon for her offenses making you complicit in your protege's outburst or that your allowance could be seen as an act of war against us."

Words sounded familiar.

"...again, I would never say that, but I will say that I thought The Deep Court not only maintains their word but they expect that of others as well, which I assumed would fall to those you bring into the fold from your end, she is an extension of you... if you are going to refer to our Sennin Kazuki as a dog, I believe she would also fit the bill for being under your leash, correct?"

He would either deny openly or just not respond, didn't matter. Either way, for someone who would have snapped at him earlier over being treated as a possession, a woman that comes when beckoned to be nothing more than a reciter of information for Mikaboshi... didn't really seem like she had done a lot to shake that label herself. She was just someone else's lap dog now.

"Your word is your bond, I've heard that before, but when it comes to our treaty you seemed incredibly at ease to break it over the account of your feeling of disrespect, and I can understand that, I've recently learned I am full of wrath. However, it would seem a bit one sided, and hypocritical, if half of our side had to apologize, while half of your side toes a similar line that was crossed against you and does not reciprocate with the same call for respect."

Ball was in the court of the Deep Lord.

"I would like to learn more about our enemies, and I would like to maintain civility, that is if your protege and our Kazuki understands that their puerile outbursts are without gains."

If Michi was indeed Fuu, then Fuu was dead. He did not know or care for this new thing that stood before him. There was no need for them all to falter and twist to Mikaboshi's anger. They were in a position to bend to make this pact work, and so was Mikaboshi. Now it was time to see if Mikaboshi was willing to concede a moment or pride or if he would allow the words of Roku to drive him to lash out once more. If it was the latter, then Roku had made sure to use the words of Michi so his anger at them would only further reaffirm the point Roku had made about her words being out of place. It wasn't the tightest net, but based on his own anger towards the Fuu situation, it was the best he could do on such short notice.

OOC:

|

Personal Data
Fight Data
[/legend]​
[/col]
[/quote]

Mikaboshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]((Let's all remember that Katsuo's spirit still being present in Mikaboshi's hijacked body is something that literally only he is aware of. Making guesses is fine but jumping to the conclusion that Katsuo's humanity is bleeding into him when there has been no evidence that Katsuo is anything but a corpse suit being piloted around is getting a bit far out there!))

The Lord of the Deep Court looked on imperiously as Kazuki returned to the room and relinquished his transformed state before bending a knee and beginning to offer his apology. He spoke of desperation and betrayal, likening his experiences to those of Mikaboshi's without understanding the depth of what he was saying. Kazuki had lost his family, his clan. Mikaboshi had lost his entire race. Their history and their ascendancy had been torn down with the final swing of Primus' sword. He was one of the last of his kind in the world. Sousuke took offered his apology and Mikaboshi offered one last gasp of flame from the mouth of his mask as the temperature finally began to decrease in the room at last.

Crisis was averted. For the moment, at least.

"I am ancient. Not simply in name but in age. I was old when your kind was young." Whispered the voice of Mikaboshi from behind his implacable mask. There almost seemed to be a... fatigue to the way he spoke. "I have heard those words before. Humans... you are so short lived that the experiences you suffer through are tiny ripples in the river of time even if to you they mean all the world."

As he stepped towards the kneeling Kazuki, Mikaboshi crossed the distance between them in an instant though there was no aggression in the way that he moved. No bloodlust filled the air in the presence of the Deep Lord as he leaned forward to place his face alongside Kazuki's before speaking quietly -- a strange contrast from moments before when his voice had nearly shaken the foundation of the building they stood in.

"I accept your expiation, such as it is but spare me your "we are not so different" platitudes. When you have survived the extinction of nearly the entire sum of your kind then you may speak to me on the subjects of loss and betrayal as an equal."

Standing back up from his leaning stance as Roku spoke, Mikaboshi turned his eyes to the other ANBU Sennin and shrugged his shoulders.

"If hearing the truth of your nature spoken aloud stings your pride that much then I offer my sincerest apologies for your shortcomings and express my genuine hope that you are able to overcome them before they hamstring you in the war to come." He remarked, the world weariness from his voice in moments previous gone without a trace and replaced with the normal pace at which he spoke.

Mikaboshi's response was dry and biting. Michi had not paid any of them insults; only outlined the traits which had given rise to a situation where they had nearly not only lost the support of one of their strongest allies but also found themselves engaged in a battle that would surely have drained their strength for the coming conflict. If not for Kazuki's aggressive movement to "lay hands" upon Michi, the meeting would have continued unabated and perhaps they might have even learned a bit more information about the foes which they stood to face in the future. But as it stood now, Mikaboshi was no longer in a sharing mood.

"The files are yours to keep. Think of them as a part of my most heartfelt apology." He stated as he gestured to Michi to follow him and began to make his way to the door.

[Leaving Topic]
|[legend="[[b][u]OOC Notes[/u][/b]] - [[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2JjjSKh6jM]BGM[/url]]"]
mikaboshipost.png

W5iWrBK.png
[/legend][/col]

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
oDr0kyl.png

Michi

"Yes... yes... I am a weak leader, but I am less idle than what you think I am, but there are certain matters I keep private due to a personal choice. I have had far more than just the reconstruction of Sand just to detail and contend with. I don't think the idleness you're referring to meant to what I was referring to."
Where was the wall?

Why were the civilians still underground?

Why was the Daimyo acting unhindered still?

Where were these supposed allies?

"Gaining favour with differing tribes and groupings in Wind does take time."

"Time you do not have," she replied sharply. "Thousands will likely die in that hole," Michi warned and she was right. In a matter of weeks those tunnels would collapse and the efforts of the first incursion would see fruition but even she did not know when or how. However fast Sousuke thought he was going, it was not fast enough. They did not seem to share her sense of urgency, the very same sense of urgency that she was willing to risk life and limb for. She was a woman of calculated risk, she let Kasha find her. She let Kasha beat her. She was beaten to an inch of her life. Did he ever stop and consider WHY?

"My first time meeting a Michi, so care to explain what exactly it was I did to you again? And my, my for someone so upset over being a possession you still seemed to be rather possessed to me."

No seals. No bars. No chains. Never before had she been so free. Her only fetter being her word. And words held so much power, greater than any sword. A pact could compel a nation to rise arms, a blade could merely sever a small fraction of what a minor word could incite. Still, this was freer than she had ever been. She could walk, she could serve, she could study and she could know all matter of things and it would be because she wanted it to be so. She approached the unmarked Sennin and she stood a foot shorter than Tenken but she did not seem deterred by their difference in height but she did not remains still as she walked around him. A cool chill seemed to fall from her shoulder in misty waves and the shadows at her feet grew restless and dark. "Liar..." She announced in a low tone as she reached his back and continued to circle around. A flash of cold would seem to burst as she passed. She knew him. She could simply breathe his familiarity. A deceiver was such a disturbing thing. "You. Know. Who. I. Am." She announced firmly as she met him face-to-face. There was a sense of determination in her voice perhaps even a hint of emotion or passion, something that Fuu always seemed to lack. "And I know who you are... You have been negligent in my care and derelict in your duty, Sennin Tenken," Michi announced as she moved closer. "I was once briefly possessed by you and had you heeded my words, the Diamyo would be no more. You do not understand the depths of my indignation dear Sennin. NOT at my imprisonment... NOT that you left me unattended and vulnerable... But that my efforts were for naught."

She was drawn to Kasha like a moth to a burning flame, his vigilante acts burned bright in the darkness of Sunagakure's terrible nights. She wanted to find a hero but instead of a hero she found just a man. It was exceedingly rare for someone to know what the world would be like after they were gone. How many disappointments the world would hold for them if they knew! "Kasha failed me as have you Sennin Tenken... as Occult Sennin Senju has... and as Kazekage Takahashi has. Your inaction against Daimyo Ishii has only allowed him to grow stronger and to solidify bonds that will be the end of you and my ability to serve as a resource. I only know what once was." She turned to walk away from him. He could try to strike her down but she would strike back. "I owe Deep Court Lord Mikaboshi my gratitude for my freedom. Yes, freedom," she repeated in case the word was too large for some of the 'great minds' gathered here to understand. "If it was not for him, I would still be who I was but I would also still be intrinsically bound to Nao. My duplicity would have been the end of me. I was dead the moment I stepped out of line and found Kasha and he ensured my fate... this fate when he entrusted me to you Sennin Tenken. I placed my faith in Kasha to the point of debility to protect him from myself leaving me easy prey for Roku. To protect him and by extension this village from what I knew." She knew a lot about him, she did not know his name but that she because she did not want to. She did not know his face because if she knew he would have been a dead man. "So tell me this Sennin Tenken... are you concerned that I am 'possessed' or that I am no longer possessed by you or by him." Fuu was never one to talk about how she felt or how things affected her, it was something that they had always taken for granted. That she would be an accessible reservoir of information, her needs, wants and consequences not a consideration but her motives always in question. She was indignant, it was something that they could see on her face but it was something Fuu skillfully hid. Fuu treated herself as an irrelevant, something likely preferred by those gathered here who thought themselves infallible. Nobody wants to be held responsible for the actions or lack thereof, they only want to hear what a shining example they are, how they were paragons among men and how they were 'needed.' Michi was not going to do that; she had a sense of self-worth.

Her debate with Tenken would come to a pause.

"I apologize Lord of the Deep Court. I spoke out of line, but my words come out of desperation. Do you think you are the only one here that had his home destroyed by man? That had his kind slaughtered by them? That saw his loved ones perish at the hand of mankind? The only one that was betrayed by those considered allies? You are not. I was as well. And dark clouds loom and promise me a second time of such dreadful events. I cannot bear to lose a second home, I am desperate and desperate times mean desperate measures... You and I are more alike than we think. More than we want it to be. More than we want to admit. In fact, there may be a small chance that you are my progenitor... Difficult times are ahead of us all. We are kin, regardless if we want it or not. Perhaps it is time to turn a new leaf and become something we never thought possible. Partners."<i></i>

Michi stopped and her golden eyes rested on Kazuki. His knee, his bowed back and the angle of his head. How his hands rested or clenched the air. The way he breathed and the words he said. She did not say anything, she did not need to.

"People have the tendencies to become highly volatile and act irregularly, but if given time, even seconds they will come to their senses and return to the normal form. That or the use of threats of violence or in this case large a mention of large amounts of collateral damage works as well."</B><i></i>

Sousuke would state but Michi would silently shake her head 'no.' She did not believe the Occult Sennin's actions were forthright but she would not say anything further because the relevance of such fiction was not her primary directive at this time. In fact, it was advantageous to allow them to make peace even if their hearts had other intentions.

"I am ancient. Not simply in name but in age. I was old when your kind was young... I have heard those words before. Humans... you are so short lived that the experiences you suffer through are tiny ripples in the river of time even if to you they mean all the world."<i></i>

It was audible how his blood-lust receded. Sousuke would have something to add but his words would be largely ignored by the Deep Court Ancient.

"This room is filled with individuals who are either fully human, or part human. Humans are prone to make mistakes, but if given time will correct themselves ... hopefully in time which has occurred here in some form. I am very much aware of Mikaboshi's unfortunate situation with humanity. While Kazuki has already apologized, I will do so as well... Mikaboshi, I would ask pardon for Kazuki's outburst and actions. Despite his actions, I would remind you that my offer for repairs of your blade, or armour still stands, and still would in the event of an underhanded actions by a member of the courts. That being said though, there will be repercussions should any future stains be made on this treaty by any party member of said document. We are here to deal with the Daimyo and the put an end to his game which threatens both Sungakure and the Ancient courts. Both parties are victims here as we were attacked, and Ancients are being tortured and drained of their power by the Soverign."</B><i></i>

He was trying to make peace. Something that would have worked, even if there was a lack of heart the sentiment would have been enough for Michi and likely Mikaboshi as tense postures and piercing gazes seemed to soften.

<B>"I accept your expiation, such as it is but spare me your "we are not so different" platitudes. When you have survived the extinction of nearly the entire sum of your kind then you may speak to me on the subjects of loss and betrayal as an equal."

Apology accepted. Perhaps now all would be right between them. No, Tenken needed his turn.

"Before we continue any further... Lord Mikaboshi, I would request an apology from you on behalf of your protege, or an urging of you to get her apologize for stepping out of place... unless your intention was to merely bring her here to run around and provide inciting observations based on a first glance interaction."</SIZE><i></i>

<B>"Anemic," she would announce. Is he... are they so thin-skinned that she would have to sugar-coat the truth. "After all I have done and after how little you have, you have the audacity to ask for an apology." She scoffed at the notion, well aware that she would be expected to take a knee. She fought Kasha with the utmost urgency knowing that she was to return to the Diamyo once again with information. She gave him names, descriptions. She gave up herself and she ensured that she would be too disabled to make it back to Soragakure. Yes, Soragakure because that was what was happening. No, it was not a true hidden village because the Soverign army was not a shinobi organization but rather a manufactured group that would be loyal to their master and king and no other. Her betrayal was already known, a sovereign was already sent to slay her and at the most inopportune time. She was defenseless and she wondered if the attack's timing was because they knew her plan. The timing was impeccable. Six might have been a rogue agent, as unlikely as that might be, but if he was by now her absence would now make her a priority enemy of the Diamyo. There was no seal burned on her tongue or her side that compelled her only the threat that unfortunate circumstances would follow if she were to reject a request from Mikaboshi or any party stronger than she was and in all honesty strength was relative.

"Your word is your bond, I've heard that before, but when it comes to our treaty you seemed incredibly at ease to break it over the account of your feeling of disrespect, and I can understand that, I've recently learned I am full of wrath. However, it would seem a bit one sided, and hypocritical, if half of our side had to apologize, while half of your side toes a similar line that was crossed against you and does not reciprocate with the same call for respect."<i></i>

"If hearing the truth of your nature spoken aloud stings your pride that much then I offer my sincerest apologies for your shortcomings and express my genuine hope that you are able to overcome them before they hamstring you in the war to come."

She let out a huff of annoyance. They broke the accord. She could challenge them... ANY of them to prove her wrong. With a known enemy. A known impending threat. An incursion. Fleeting vulnerabilities elapsing with each passing moment. No wall. A village inside of a fragile hole. Have they even met a single Soverign that did not come to them? Failure was an understatement in her mind and a large part of her truly felt that she had chosen the wrong side, that she chose the side she wanted to see win. Pride was not a trait of the Deep Court, merely a trait some members of the Court.

<SIZE size="90">"I would like to learn more about our enemies, and I would like to maintain civility, that is if your protege and our Kazuki understands that their puerile outbursts are without gains."

Does he even know the meaning of the phrase?

"The files are yours to keep. Think of them as a part of my most heartfelt apology."

She swallowed her anger and followed the Deep Court Lord, her fist clenched. "I want..." Yes, she wanted. "Tell you something important," she choked on her words as she attempted to follow him out of the room.
[Attempt to Leave]

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]
Kazuki rose up and silently watched as Mikaboshi and Michi left the room. Even in their departure, their words were filled irony and malice. The Deep Court Lord had, effectively, forced their hand, and made them apologize to him, when there was no need for it. When demanded the same, the former ANBU Sennin basically spat on their faces and brushed their words aside as if it was a child making such demands. Such behavior was one more example on how their allegiance would never work. Again, the Senju Overlord wanted to behead the Elder Shadow and end this, once and for all, but after almost breaking their truce once, he would stay idle and wait for further comments from his current companions. This was certainly most interesting.​
x0xsld.jpg

sand_sennin.gif
[/legend][/col]

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
So it seemed that Michi was indeed Fuu. Such was only further evidenced by what she was saying now. Sousuke held his hands behind his back but his metallic hand curled into a fist. "The transition process from the caverns to the surface has been fluid. Those down there are there by their own choice. Not mine. They have been advised of the dangers."<i></i> He answered. Protecting people from themselves is a rather annoying and tiring thing to do. Those with young children were even given a grant of sorts. The criminal element? That didn't need to be on the surface. If it was crushed, then that was perhaps for the betterment of several individuals.

Acting against the Daimyo was like throwing people across a field of spikes. Maybe Michi/Fuu should have been an agent of the Mrioku clan who so much wanted to throw themselves at the enemy. Engaging the Daimyo now was suicide, and it would perhaps be later as well. There was a moment to act, and this was clearly not is. It was always either to defend a position than it was to take it. Perhaps the Oracle herself was quite blind in her own approach. Becoming a half-bred Ancient had dulled her senses. Sousuke was a human, and nothing more. He would never know what the experiences of an Ancient were, and he would certainly not know what their life as a half-breed was. Mikaboshi and Michi/Fuu would leave.

Roku would probably have something to say, but Sousuke would reach out to stop his friend. "Come Roku. Let's go have a drink. We both need it right now. I'm buying."<i></i> He would advise. "Kazuki and Kuro you're welcome to come as well."<i></i> While Michi/Fuu was resourceful, there were times when listening to her was perhaps in their better interest. Re-making the Primus sword was necessary. Not now, but later. When the Daimyo was dead, their treaty would come to an end, and Mikaboshi would indeed begin his design to destroy humanity. It might have been justified, but he would have to be stopped, and indeed he would be.

[Topic left]

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC:(Kuro has theorized that your taking a human host of significant power would affect you in some manner but that is all Kuro has done is theorize. From the moment he found you with a heartbeat... he has made no threat, no experiment or motions to truly test you he simply knows the level of difficulty of taking over a vessel as one's own...)

Kuro looked up and reached out to Mikaboshi and Michi with his telekinesis to tug at their hands the same way a child would tug at the hands of adults when they needed their attention for things beneath their notice. Hearing Michi's outburst towards Roku, Kuro wondered what was it that made her so angry and decided he would need to ask directly. "I will join you shortly Kazekage (Kuro used Sousuke's title so that Sousuke would know what Kuro needed to do was important and personal whereas any other time Kuro needed to talk about the village he would simply use Sousuke's birth name or when being personal a nickname) I must speak with Mikaboshi and his protege as they leave. Do not worry, nothing I have to question or impart will break any pacts or encourage any division between us all." Sanryoukyougan Kuro stood and followed Mikaboshi and Michi hoping to catch up before they left the area. His presence did not signify any environmental changes without his actual will to do so but he wondered why now Mikaboshi seemed... easily irritated.

Moving with practiced yet somewhat obvious speed the medical aspect of Kuro did his best to catch up to the wayward deep court ancients.
"Mikaboshi-sama, Lady Michi might I take up a little bit more of your time if you can spare it?"

IC: Not stopping either of you from leaving the Tower just hoping to talk with the both of you at a later time.

Leaving Topic for a quick conversation if approved and allowed...

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back