Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

The Comfort of Home

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Karasu was in her room packing for her new mission. She had clothes out, some scrolls out as well as some of her projectile weapons. She tried to think of all the things she needed for the mission. It was going to be a long journey. All the way back to the Lightning Country. She never thought she would be going back there. She hasn’t been there since she was a child. The memories with her mother started to flood back into her mind. Some were good memories but the ones that she remembered the most was the last one where she had to escape with her life with her dad and was not able to rescue their mother who died because the villagers were trying to kill them.

Karasu shook her head to try and not think about that. It was so long ago but it always felt fresh in her mind. She missed her mom and now that she was a Jounin she wished she was here with her now to see what she had become. Her father was home having a day off from his weapons shop. She had already told him about her mission. She wasn’t able to tell Jirou because he was still on his mission. She wondered if he would get back soon before she left. She understood that missions would take them both away from the village and seeing family and friends would have to wait until they are back. If they get back she thought to herself but instantly let that go. “They will be back and I will see them when I get back.” she said, trying to be positive.

She heard a noise and thought he was leaving before he actually left. He might just be on the backyard porch sitting and looking out enjoying his day off. She decided that was what her dad Hiro was doing. After she got all her things together she decided to get some tea and bring some to her dad as well. That way they can enjoy the day too. She opened her door and she could have sworn that she heard a bark. That couldn’t be who she thought it was. “Kashikoi?” she said, disbelieving that the wolf was home. If that was the case then Jirou would also be home. She didn’t think they would get back though they have been gone for awhile now but it just surprised her that they would arrive now. She went to see if she wasn’t hearing things, because she really missed them and if they weren’t back then she would be quite disappointed.

[WC: 439]
[MFT]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Jirou and Kashikoi finally made it back home after a long and very tiring mission. Honestly Jirou felt like he could sleep for a week. Hiro must still be in his workshop but Jirou was sure that he would see him later. He also didn’t see Karasu around but she could be out. Kashikoi reaches down and pets Kashikoi behind the ears, “You were a big help on the mission too. What do you say we unload our gear and put it away?” Kashikoi yipped in agreement and started down the hallway leading Jirou to their room. Jirou laughed and added, “I know. I know. We will see about getting some food too.” Jirou had already turned in his report about Kei into the Hokage’s office. He had not seen any sign of Kei on the way back or anywhere in the village. He could not believe that he had run off in the middle of the mission like he had. Jirou would rather die than ever abandon his teammates. This was something that was considered unforgivable in Jirou’s eyes.

However this was not something that Jirou would dwell on. The fact was that in spite of the loss of the one team member the mission was a success. Between Jirou, Kashikoi and Sen Kaito they had managed to capture and the Anbu now had bandits to interrogate and learn the motives behind their actions. Jirou was happy about that and he was pleased at how well Sen Kaito had done. The little girl had been reunited with her father, much to his relief and unending gratitude. He did not stop thanking them profusely all the way back to the village. He understood their gratitude and Jirou was glad that they were able to get his daughter back safely. The whole thing was without doubt a terrifying ordeal for her. He hoped that in time she would be able to forget the bandits and move forward without fear.

As for Jirou, he was just happy to be back home. His bed had never looked like a more welcome sight as he set his backpack down on his bed and started to unpack it. Taking his sword off he sets it down carefully knowing that he will need to clean and sharpen it before putting it away. Jirou had missed Karasu and home. It felt good to be back. Though he did hope that there would be another mission soon, as Jirou did not wish to remain sitting on his hands for very long. Jirou liked to stay busy and after a brief rest he would be ready to go out again and do what the Hokage asked of him. Jirou heard Karasu call out to Kashikoi. She must have heard him bark earlier. Calling out Jirou says, “We are in here just unpacking our gear. Come on in.”

[WC: 478]
[MFT]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Karasu went to check out the sound she heard. She could have sworn it was a bark. If so then both Kashikoi and Jirou were home. She was getting a bit excited because it has been awhile since she saw her best friend. They have never been apart from each other for a long time. Usually it's only a day but this was much longer. She heard a familiar voice as she walked by the door of Jirou’s room. A smile crept up on her face as she recognized Jirou’s voice. She yelled out with glee. “JIROU…..KASHIKOI” she said as the door opened and she saw them. She ran to give Jirou a big hug then gave Kashikoi a warm greeting by petting him fiercely. “Hey boy welcome home”

She looked up at Jirou and said “I think you have gotten taller.” she smirked then said “How was your mission? Did everything go well? You got to tell me all that has happened.” She said as she went to the bed and sat down to watch Jirou unpack. “I’m also going on a mission. I will be by myself though. I am going to the Land of Lightning to the Cloud Village. I have to go speak to the Raikage and convince him or her to come to the Leaf Village and meet with the Hokage. I hope I can because there isn’t a lot of info on the Raikage so trying to convince them to leave their village is not going to be easy.” She shrugged her shoulders “I have to do my best and try to come up with something that can be seen as an honorable request. Maybe I can get some ideas from you.” she grinned as she petted Kashikoi on his head. She was amazed at how much the wolf had grown. “You are getting so big Kashikoi. I know you will need a bigger bed.” she chuckled.

“If you need any help unpacking I don’t mind helping. I have already packed my stuff for my mission. Maybe you can give me a few tips. I must admit I can’t believe I will be heading back to the land we are from. Maybe a bit hesitant to even go to the village where my mom died. I’m not that little girl anymore. Plus going there by myself. Of course I can handle myself but I wonder how I will react when I see the village. I wish you were going with me but this is my mission and it’s kind of a test to see if I can handle this type of mission. I asked to be in the diplomat division so I’m getting a diplomatic mission.” she said as she continued petting Kashikoi.

[WC: 460]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Jirou smiles and hugs Karasu in return. “I missed you too. That is wonderful news that you are going on a mission of your own. I am sure that you will be able to convince the Raikage to come meet with the Hokage. You are really good at talking and convincing others to do things. That Raikage won’t know what hit them.” Jirou sits down on the bed and laughs while Kashikoi gets his pets from Karasu. “You know I am thinking that maybe Kashikoi needs a bed of his own. Maybe I will save up and get him his own bed for his birthday.” Jirou listens to what Karasu tells him about the Raikage while handing her his backpack to help him finish unpacking, “Here you are welcome to help me unpack. You can put stuff back in the dresser drawers if you like.” If she looks inside the drawers she would see that the drawers are very neatly organized and everything is in its place. Jirou likes being able to find things easily and not waste time hunting for what he needs.

While Karasu is sorting through the mess inside his backpack, Jirou takes his sword from its scabbard and starts to sharpen and clean his katana with precision and diligence. This was after all one of his most valued possessions and he took good care in maintaining it. “Probably the best idea I can share is to expect the unexpected and be able to adapt quickly. Even though you will be going on this mission on your own, that still applies. A mission can go South very quickly if you are not able to adapt to changing circumstances. We started off with three people. We ended it with two. That is because Kei ran off in the middle of the mission and it was up to Sen Kaito, myself and Kashikoi to subdue the bandits and their leader. The bandits are in the hands of the Anbu now to learn why they declared war on the Leaf. I still don’t know what happened to Kei. It is like he just up and vanished like a fart in the wind. It reminded me of how Hinata ran off during the birthday party we were setting up for him. So now Kei is another Missing Nin and I already gave my report to the Hokage. I should add though that Sen Kaito did really well and I would be glad to have him on a mission in the future. The mission was a success so I am glad about that.” Jirou would have hated for the mission to fail because one member of his team ran off and abandoned the team.

Jirou went back to working on cleaning the blade, scabbard and handle. Once he was done he placed the katana respectfully in the two tiered wooden display stand on top of the dresser. It had been a battle to remember and one where no one had died. Jirou wanted a chance to learn why the bandits had declared war on the Leaf. Killing them would have just escalated to further bloodshed without gaining the knowledge of the why behind their actions. If they could learn the why, then they could find a way to clear up whatever misunderstandings and hatred that exists. Death was a finality that removed further options as well as the opportunity to gain understanding and turn enemies into allies. Turning back to Karasu he says, “Be careful. Even though you will be on your own and it is a diplomatic mission, there are still dangers involved. The Raikage might be in a bad mood or one of their advisors might not like you for some reason.” After his caution Jirou adds, “One of these days I would like to return to my own village and pay my respects to my family. I don’t even know if the house I was born in is still standing.”

[WC: 661]
[MFT]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Karasu was happy that Jirou and Kashikoi were home. She thought she was going to miss them when she set out on her mission. Karasu could hear her dad Hiro call out to her. “Karasu is that you sounds like you are talking to someone.” Karasu smiled as she gave Kashikoi a pet on the head. “Yes, dad Jirou and Kashikoi are home from their mission.” She grinned widely. Her eyes got a bit serious when she heard about what happened on his mission. “I see, so you have no idea where Kei is? I wonder what made him do that. I hope he is ok but if you couldn’t find his scent anywhere near you then he must have done something to make the scent go away. That means he didn’t want to be found. Of course I'm just guessing. It really is weird, I must admit. As you said, it reminds me of Hinata as well. I still wonder where he went and why he even did what he did. I thought we were a happy family, all five of us, but I guess he was too determined to get his revenge on the family he lost that he didn’t care about the new family he was accepted and loved with. “

Hiro rolled in on his wheelchair and smiled “Oh my boys” he said proudly. “I am happy to see you both safe and sound. " He came in and pet Kashikoi then went to hug Jirou if allowed. “I’m glad you made it before Karasu left. I know she would have been disappointed if she didn’t see you both before she left. Now this deserves some special dinner for you both. I bet you guys are very hungry. I will cook up something that will fill your stomachs up. Then you can tell me all about the mission and the missing Genin that I overheard you talking about.” Karasu smiled then looked at Jirou. “Yes, a special dinner would be great, right you guys?”

A couple of hours had passed and the smell of food was throughout the home. Karasu smelled the air and said "I know you both can smell that. It’s making me hungry and I know that it should be done. Let’s head into the kitchen for a bite to eat.” Karasu headed toward the kitchen where the table was all set and on top were their plates at each side as well as bowls of several different types of food. There were BBQ pork and rice balls, and ramen as well as several fruits and vegetables. “Wow dad you out did yourself. “ she said sitting down at the side of the table she favors most. This is what she missed. It had been a long while since they all sat down like this to eat. She cherished these moments and knew they will be few and far between now that they are both Jounin. “This is so nice. Thank you dad you’re the best. “ she said then clasped her hands together. “Thank you for the food!” she said before piling a lot of the various food on her plate and digging in to eat.

[WC: 530]
[MFT]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
While Jirou is listening to what Karasu is saying, he calls out to Hiro when he hears him. “We just got home a little bit ago. We had to stop by the Hokage’s office first and deliver the mission report.” Jirou nods still unsure why Kei and Hinata both just disappeared. He briefly wondered if this was an Uchiha trait but shook his head dismissing the thought. It was just a Kei and Hinata trait. Each of them had made a choice that they would have to live with no matter where they went in the future. He nods towards Karasu, “It was all very strange really. I know that there were many scents in the area especially since the bandits had engaged us in battle. Still I knew Kei’s scent and when I looked there was just no indication that he had ever been there. He had just vanished. Fortunately we were able to complete the mission. Still it bothers me that Kei abandoned his teammates in this way.”

Jirou smiled as Hiro wheeled himself into their room. Jirou allows Hiro to hug him and afterwards, continues with unpacking. At the mention of a special dinner Jirou’s stomach rumbled. He was hungry and that did sound very good. “That would be great. It was a good mission and it went well, despite the fact that Uchiha Kei abandoned the team just when a group of bandits had engaged us in battle. It was disappointing about Kei, but Sen Kaito did very well and showed that he was becoming a fine Shinobi.” He smiles and adds while Kashikoi barks, his tongue going out at the mention of dinner, “Dinner sounds very good. Kashikoi agrees and we will both be down there. I am so hungry I could eat an Earth golem.”

While Hiro wheels himself out of the room to prepare dinner Jirou says to Karasu, “I am very grateful to your dad. He didn’t have to take me in. He didn’t know me and still he accepted me as though I had always been with you both. I will never ever forget all that you have both done for me. You are my family. I hope that I never do anything to let either of you down. You both mean the world to me.” Jirou spent the next couple of hours talking with Karasu about all that had happened in his absence, while the scent of food filled the home. Jirou had finished unpacking and putting his gear away when Karasu stated that the food smelled done and they should probably head into the kitchen. It was only moments after Karasu had spoken that Hiro called them to come and eat. There was no hesitation as Jirou and Kashikoi both headed into the kitchen with Karasu to a veritable feast of delicious dishes. “I never expected all this. You really went all out. I am so hungry and glad that I don't have to eat an Earth golem. We shared the food that we had brought with travelers who had been attacked. The food pills managed to sustain us but they tasted about like how I imagine an Earth golem might taste.” Jirou grinned and sat down at the table lowering his head in thankful gratitude for the food. Once they were all seated and Karasu had started to serve herself, Jirou also started to serve himself from each of the platters. Hiro had already prepared a plate for Kashikoi and set it down on the floor for the wolf to subsequently inhale, saying to him. “There will be seconds if you are still hungry after you eat, Kashikoi.” Kashikoi excitedly started to eat, already thinking about the promised second helping. Jirou also ate the delicious food before him, enjoying every bite. The family dined and talked together over the meal sharing all that had occurred since the last time that they had all gathered together as a family. It was moments such as these that Jirou valued and kept close to his heart.

[WC: 675]
[MFT]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Karasu ate up as much food as she could eat though it may have been more than she could handle. “Oh I’m so full.” she said, rubbing her belly while staring at an now empty plate. She turned to Kashikoi who was eating furiously. “Well I know someone has a big appetite.” she giggled before looking at Jirou and her father. “This is really nice to be able to have dinner together again. I know it happens less often now that we are busy in our careers. We should always try and make time to spend time together like this when we can. I know that my mission starts soon and I have no idea when I will get back. It shouldn’t be dangerous though being on the road can be a danger. So I will be extra cautious. “

Hiro smiled when he looked at his daughter. “It’s been so long since we've been there. I don’t know if your mother’s relatives are still there or not. I met a few but they were not particularly warm to me. I think it’s because your mother decided to retire being a Shinobi and have a family with me. I think they blame me for her death, which is absurd. She was a Shinobi and everyone knows the dangers Shinobi face. Well being a mother shouldn’t have cost her her life. Also I think since I was a Sand Shinobi as well which I think they may have harboured some resentment for that too. “ he went on to say. He shook his head then looked at Jirou and Kashikoi.

“We have all been on a great journey and I’m so proud of how all of you have handled yourselves with everything that has happened to you. I know that for you Jirou and Kashikoi.” he said to the wolf who was still eating the last few bites of his first helping. “Your family would be proud. I want you two to know that even though life gave you an uphill battle early on and created a void in your life that you can’t fill completely. I am glad that you did not fester in revenge for what you have lost because revenge would never bring back your loved ones. I am proud of you and although I’m not the father who should be here at the dinner table with you now. I do think of you as a son and I made a promise to my daughter and wife that I will always value family no matter how it came to be. This is our family and it might be a bit dysfunctional at times. It is still a family and I value us with the deepest and highest respect.”

He looked at Karasu and placed his hand on her hand. “The same goes for you. I am proud of everything you have done and are set to do. I tried to teach you early on how to act and be observant in foreign places that mistrust strangers. So when you go on your mission remember what I taught you. I know that it's been a while since you've been there. You probably don’t remember much. I want you to be on your toes and do not trust anyone. You have a good heart and want to see the best in everyone, but you know from experience that is not always the case. People may still harbour ill will. It’s unfortunate but we have to adjust and be aware.”

Karasu nodded, listening to her father. She knew he was going to worry for her when she was gone. “I promise I will be very cautious when I am out on the road. I remember a lot from the past and I have no intention of creating any attention to myself. I am going as a representative of the Leaf. I promise to be on guard for anything and everything.” she smiled toward her dad hoping to ease his worry. She could see it was time for Kashikoi’s second helping. “If only we can all eat like Kashikoi we would be alright.” she laughed to lighten the mood in their home.

[WC: 698]
[MFT]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Jirou took the words that Hiro said to heart. He had not realized just how hungry he really was until he started to eat. That did not stop him from listening intently to all that both Karasu and Hiro had to say. He nodded in agreement with Hiro as he cautioned Karasu to trust no one before adding, “It is likely they may not even remember you. Still you don’t know if the attitudes have changed and how they will react to your presence. That is reason enough to exercise caution. Many still harbor a lot of resentment towards the Leaf and Shinobi in general. I think that with your diplomatic efforts those deep resentments can begin to be healed and a healthier relationship can be established between the villages.”

Kashikoi was licking his bowl clean and Jirou could see that he was ready for his second helping. Standing up he fills the plate for the very hungry wolf before returning to sit down and resume his own meal, “There you go Kashikoi. Enjoy.” While he ate he also answered Hiro when he mentioned revenge, “Revenge seems to me to be a waste of energy. I will admit that when I was facing those bandits on this last mission, I did feel anger when I remembered the bandits who had killed my parents. Then I reminded myself that avenging my parents death would not bring them back. So what purpose did focusing on revenge hold? I had a mission to stop the bandits and an opportunity to learn why they were acting as they were. They should face their crimes and atone for their actions. They can’t do that if they are dead.”

Jirou served himself a second helping from the meal adding, “You are my family now and I like to think that my parents would be glad that I was not alone. It doesn’t matter that we are not related by blood. The Leaf village is our larger family as well unrelated by blood but instead related by the Will of Fire. That relationship transcends blood relationships. Most of the other villages see only the differences between us and not what we have in common. Maybe through diplomacy a lot of that ill will can begin to be reversed and new friendships can be gained.”

It was a nice dream and all, but just how successful Karasu’s efforts would remain to be seen. For the moment there were still many villages out there who did not want to change how they felt about the Leaf village. Many times their bad feelings were ones that went back several generations. It is not possible to force people to change their deeply held beliefs. You can only open the door for them. The steps still have to be taken by both parties. It reminded him of Ziren when they spoke to him in the library. He wasn’t willing to listen to them and was determined to do what he wanted. He believed that his wisdom alone was right. He was not the only one. Jirou understood that many of the villages did not want to let go of their old attitudes. Diplomacy was moot for those who were unwilling to even listen and be open to options that would benefit all. “I hope that we can share in more dinners like this together. I will also need to see what Soku will have for me to do next. There is so much work that needs to be done and I don’t want to be just sitting around on my hands when I could be on another mission helping others.” Before he would do that however, Jirou and Kashikoi would rest and make sure that they both would be ready for their next mission.

[WC: 632]
[MFT]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Dinner was great and filled everyone’s tummies. Karasu helped clean the dishes and let her dad take a break to sit in the living room. After she was done she came into the living room to sit down with everyone. “Oh I’m so full. That was so delicious. I’m almost ready to go to bed now.” she said, rubbing her tummy. She could tell that the others were probably just as full too. “Thank you for tonight dad.” she said, giving him a hug as he sat in his wheelchair. “You are welcome, Karasu. Like I said before we don’t get to do this often anymore. Anytime I can make a special dinner for all of you, I’m going to do it. “ Karasu nodded before her thoughts led elsewhere. She turned back to Jirou and Kashikoi before saying “It seems that now that you’re home you want to set off again on a mission. You barely put your things down,” she chuckled.

She patted Kashikoi on the head. He seemed sleepy, which was expected. The wolf as usual ate several helpings. She remembered when he was just a small wolf pup in Jirou’s arms. Now he is large. She never imagined him getting so big. Karasu smiled at him as she scratched behind his ears. “You are such a big boy Kash I guess we've been feeding you well.” she laughed “I’m sure going to miss you all when I leave for my mission. I can’t believe I will be heading out to the Land of Lightning. It seems so surreal. I will heed both your words” she looked back and forth between Hiro and Jirou when she said this. “I hope someday I can take another mission together with you, Jirou. But since I will be going alone, is there anything you like me to do while I’m away.” She looked at Kashikoi who’s head lifted up.

“I know Kash I will try and find some good treats for you.” she smiled then looked at Jirou. “Maybe something I can do like stop by and just see if the village you grew up in is there at least. I don’t know, I just want to do something that would make you feel reassured or at least curb your curiosity about the village. I know I am curious about where I lived. I will be careful and not cause attention. I learned to be invisible in many ways from my dad.” she said looking at Hiro who nodded toward her and smiled. “I’m sure so much has changed. Heck it may not even be there anymore. Still at least you will get some info about what may have become of it. Same with my village. I doubt I will be recognized since I was so small when I left. “

The couch she was laying on was really comfortable. She adjusted her sitting position as she enjoyed the company of her father, Jirou and of course Kashikoi. In her mind there was so much she wanted to do when she left. She did wonder if her former village was still there. She had gone to several villages growing up but was always pushed out by ignorance and hatred of the Shinobi. She knew it would be best to not look like a Shinobi when she entered her former village and even Jirou’s old village too, just to be safe. She looked at Jirou waiting for his reply on what she wanted him to do while she was out in that part of the country.

[WC: 593]
[MFT]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
As with all good things eventually they must come to an end. The dinner plates were cleared from the table by Karasu and Jirou while Hiro went into the living room to relax and watch what was on television. Karasu washed the dishes and Jirou dried them afterwards. While Jirou was putting the clean dishes away in the cabinets, he thought about how much taller he had gotten since first coming to live with Karasu and Hiro. Back then he could scarcely reach some of the cabinets. Even Kashikoi had grown and filled out. He was no longer a pup. Both he and his appetite had grown. As he thought more and more about his village, he remembered seeing his mum’s own wolf companion. His mum’s wolf was a large grey wolf with black markings. He remembered how that wolf was bigger than he was at the time and how they played together. That wolf was always gentle and treated Jirou like a pack cub going so far as to scold him when he wandered too far from the house. His mind tried to remember the name of that wolf while Karasu spoke to him and she might notice that he seemed distracted especially when he put the utensils in the refrigerator produce bin instead of the drawer by the sink where they were supposed to go. Kashikoi was on the floor stretched out when he yipped suddenly in his sleep. It was something that Kashikoi did when he started dreaming and the sound jolted Jirou from the middle of his own thoughts. The flash of having remembered the name of his mum’s wolf caused Jirou to blurt out suddenly, “Yuuna! That was the name of my mum’s wolf! I haven’t even thought about that wolf in so long I had nearly forgotten the name.” Kashikoi lifted his head and stared sleepily at Jirou when he heard the name ‘Yuuna’. It made Jirou wonder if Kashikoi remembered the name of the wolf who had given birth to not just Kashikoi but also three other cubs. After looking at Kashikoi for a long while, Jirou turns his attention back to Karasu adding. “Yuuna was Kashikoi’s wolf mum. I wonder if he remembers her name too. In fact Yuuna was not there the day when the bandits attacked. I think she may have been out hunting. I wonder if she might have survived with Kashikoi’s siblings. I wonder if it would be possible to find out.”

These thoughts were still in his mind as the three of them made their way into the living room. Jirou was full and nearly ready to fall asleep himself while he listened to both Hiro and Karasu. “That meal was really delicious. Your food is even better than the food at Ichiraku Ramen shop. Maybe you can share some of your recipes with the shop owner.” When Karasu mentions bringing treats back for Kashikoi, Jirou says to her. “If you can find a package of Tamago Boro treats that would be great. They come in different flavors too like green tea and blueberry. Kashikoi likes the blueberry flavored treats especially. I will give you some money to take with you. That way you can get several packages if you happen to find a shop that carries those little egg biscuits.” Kashikoi wakes up and yips excitedly at the thought that he might get one of his favorite treats. “I know that Kashikoi would be very thankful if you are able to get those.”

Remembering Yuuna made Jirou want to know if she survived with Kashikoi’s siblings. He hoped that he would be able to make the trip back to his village someday to see what he could find. As for now he would agree with Karasu stopping by and seeing what she might find if the opportunity arose. “I don’t know if the house I lived in or the village is even still there. Maybe you can find out and let me know. Only if you have the opportunity though. You don’t have to make a special trip. Maybe someday I might even be able to return there and find out for myself if Yuuna and any of her other cubs survived.” For the moment however Jirou’s eyes were becoming very heavy and he wanted to sleep. The call of his warm bed was something he could not resist much longer as evidenced by the succession of yawns emerging from him.

[WC: 745]
[MFT]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Karasu sat on the couch relaxed from all the food she previously ate. Having a good conversation with her family, Things felt really right. She was a little nervous for her mission only because it was bringing up the terrible events of her past. A past she thought she left behind but now will either find closure or a continued pain. She knew it was up to her on which way the matter went. Karasu was happy with her life now and found a renewed hope and energy that she never thought possible when she set foot with her dad here in the Leaf Village. It was only through a continued tragedy of events that had marked her and her father for what seemed the longest time, that her fate had changed. Of course at the time she didn’t know it was going to change.

Karasu looked at Jirou who through her may be reliving the events of his own past which had a similarity to her own. She listened as her best friend in the whole world started to speak on what Karasu could do when she arrived in the Land of Lightning. Her eyes blinked when a name came to Jirou. Yuuna was the name he spoke. She tilted her head wondering who he was referring to. Could it be his mother possibly? She continued to listen as Jirou started to explain what he meant by the name. He mentioned that Yuuna was Kashikoi’s wolf mum. Her eyes opened widely because she never heard the story or anything about Kashikoi’s wolf mum.

From what Jirou was saying Yuuna had other pups as well. It was a forgotten name of his past but it seemed to give him a renewed energy wondering if the wolf survived or any of the cubs which now how to be as big as Kashikoi was. Karasu nodded her head understanding. “I see, well I will try and see if there are any wolves that have similar markings of Kashikoi. That may be a hard task but If you have a scent of something that they may recognize it’s possible that they will appear. There is no guarantee of course but there is always hope,” she replied back before listening to other things she could do for him while she was away.

Jirou mentioned some treats she could bring back for Kashikoi. A smile crept onto her face. “Tamago Boro treats, got it. That is more of a possibility to achieve. I will try and find something for you as well, Jirou. You too Dad" who was just listening to them in his wheelchair. Hiro suddenly motioned to them and spoke up as if he had been wanting to tell them something for a while. “Both of you, I have something to say. While you are away Karasu I have been scheduled for a surgery. I wasn’t sure I could get it but I was able to gather enough Yen from the weapons shop to afford it. It is to try and regain walking again. I don’t know if it will work. It was offered to me before but I couldn’t afford it then so I just left it for not thinking I will never be able to get it done. I have always had feeling in my legs and I have done some therapy. The healers seem to be optimistic but still overly cautious on if it will be completely successful. So I am hoping that when you get back from your mission I will be on my way forward to walking again. Here is to wishing to the Buddha.” he smiled at both of them.

Karasu’s eyes started to tear. “OMG dad that is amazing and I do hope it works but if it doesn’t It’s ok I love you no matter what. I won’t be disappointed if it doesn’t work. I don’t want you to be either. It’s nice to be able to have an opportunity like this but do not count your eggs in all baskets.`` She smiled, saying a common saying that Hiro has told her a million times. Hiro smiled at his daughter then back to Jirou he nodded. “Thank you for your support as always. I do appreciate and love the both of you. I don’t think I will be a Shinobi again even if I get back to walking. I am happy with the shop and have left that life behind. I do wish to travel, especially back to the Sand Village so I can sort out some things that I feel is a misunderstanding. “ He left the rest unsaid as he continued to smile proudly at the both of them.

[WC: 785]
[MFT]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Jirou was feeling very relaxed as he listened to Karasu and Hiro speak. This was one of those moments that Jirou had tremendous gratitude for. Jirou remembered very well that it was really not so long ago when he and Kashikoi were on their own. Their family was gone and they had only each other to rely on. So much of their lives had changed from that time to the present day that Jirou had to wonder if it wasn’t just a dream that he was living in. Dreams are real to those who are inside the dream. At least until they wake up and find that the reality is quite different. Jirou did not believe that this was a dream. Something about it felt right as though he were meant to be here at this particular moment. Kashikoi was meant to be on the floor snoring away while Karasu spoke. When Karasu asked about something with their scent on it for Yuuna to smell, Jirou stood up and walked quickly to his bedroom, returning moments later with a very old and somewhat threadbare looking neck scarf.

Holding the scarf out to Karasu, Jirou explains. “I have had this scarf since before those bandits came to our village. It has both mine and Kashikoi’s scents on it. The scents of my mum and dad are still on it as well. That is the reason why I have never laundered it, because I didn’t want to lose those scents on it. If you do happen to find Yuuna and you show this to her she should be able to recognize our scents.” Reaching down he picks a small tuft of loose undercoat hanging off of Kashikoi and wraps the tuft of fur inside the scarf knowing it would add more scent for Yuuna and perhaps her other three cubs as well. Kashikoi flinches slightly, lifting his head sleepily and giving Jirou a look of mild annoyance when he plucks the loose fur off of him. “I really hope that they are all still alive and are okay. I hope to make that trip myself back to the village I was born in to see what is left. Please be careful with that scarf and bring it back to me.”

Jirou sits back down in the chair he had just left. Leaning back comfortably, Jirou listens while Hiro informs them of his upcoming surgery. Jirou could not even begin to imagine what it would be like to be unable to walk. Being a Shinobi was his life and having that taken away due to injuries would be unbearable to both him and Kashikoi. So hearing that it was possible that Hiro might be able to walk again was very good news to him. Jirou could see the light of hope in Hiro’s eyes while he spoke. Jirou would also make sure to be there to support Hiro when he went in for the surgery. “That is great news. I will do my best to be there the day of your surgery. It would be great if we could all travel together someday. Both of us will make sure to help during your recovery. Maybe by the time when Karasu returns from her mission you will be able to walk to the door to greet her. That would be great if it happens. I am sure losing the use of your legs was a hard adjustment. You have done great and now your shop is getting to be well known. I know there is always a chance it might not succeed, but I feel hopeful that it will. It is meant to be and proves that you can’t keep any Shinobi down, at least not for long.”

Jirou smiles happy to have heard this news. He is enlivened with the hope that they might all be able to travel together one day. He looked over towards Karasu adding, “Don’t worry about anything. I will look after Hiro while you are away. I may even get another mission before you get back. It is a long way there and I have no idea how long it will take for you to convince the Raikage and make the return trip to the Leaf village. You may have to do a whole lot of smooth talking to get the Raikage to agree. I have heard that the Raikage can be very stubborn. I have confidence though that the Raikage will come around… eventually.”

[WC: 747]
[MFT]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Hearing the news that her dad is going to have surgery on his legs so he can walk again made Karasu so happy. She knew that many things could go wrong and felt bad that she couldn’t be with him at the hospital. “I wish I could be there for you dad, but I know that Jirou and Kashikoi will be there and I feel safe knowing that they will be there supporting you all the way. “ She looked at Jirou and said “Please make sure he is ok. I imagine he will need therapy and whatever else is needed. “ she said to him. Hiro nodded then said “I know Jirou and Kashikoi here” Hiro pets Kashikoi’s head though he is resting off the food he ate. “They will take care of me. Don’t you worry. Everything will be alright. We got the best healers in the whole world.”

Karasu smiled knowing that was actually true. Still she couldn’t help but worry. She would hate to come back and find out the worse. She shook her head not wanting to think about anything negative. Tomorrow seemed like a long way off but she knew that it would come sooner than she thought. “I will have to leave early before you leave to go to the hospital. I won’t be able to say my goodbyes. I want to make sure you get all the rest that you need.” Hiro looked at her with disbelief in his face. “What do you mean?” he asked as if she lost her mind. “Of course we are going to see you off in the morning. I will make a good breakfast for you so that your tummy is all filled and you wouldn’t need to stop anywhere for a good while to eat.” he smiled at her.

Karasu conceded and nodded at her father. “Alright alright. I was only trying to make things easier for you and plus going into a surgery can be a long process. Just wanted to make sure you got all your rest.” Hiro nodded “I know and we all are thinking of each other. We don’t need to walk on eggshells with each other. I’m not a glass house.” Karasu nodded knowing her father was not the type to like to be protected or looked down upon. “I’m sorry I said that I can't wait for our breakfast in the morning, although I must admit I’m too full and tired to even think of food right now.” She laughed hard.

After a good laugh Karasu looked at her family. “I’m so grateful to all of you. I don’t know what I would do without any of you. I want you all to know that I love each and everyone one of you. You are my life and so happy that you Jirou and Kashikoi are able to be a part of it. Thank you again for being there for me and my dad. I can’t think of him in better hands than with you. “ she smiled warmly. She was starting to yawn and knew it was time to head to bed. “I think I’ll turn in now since I gotta get up early to head out. But yes dad I am looking forward to our breakfast in the morning." She got up and gave him a hug and a kiss then turned to Jirou and gave him a big hug as well. She gently petted the sleeping Kashikoi. “Goodnight everyone see you in the morning.” She went into her room and after a few minutes of rechecking that she got everything packed and ready to go in the morning she finally went to bed and fell right to sleep.

[WC: 620]
[MFT]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
While Jirou listened to the conversation between Karasu and her father, his own thoughts turned sad that his best friend would very soon be going on a mission to the cloud village alone and he would not be going with her. What if something happened to her? His own memory about the cloud village was minimal. Jirou's parents had been killed by bandits and he had not been back once since that time. Karasu and her father had been lucky to escape or they may have met the same fate as her mum. To him the Cloud village was a very dangerous and unknown place. What if the Raikage didn’t like Karasu for some reason? Though for the life of him he could not think of any good reason why the Raikage would not like Karasu. Karasu was his best friend. Jirou just hoped that the Raikage agreed and didn’t turn out to be an ass. Karasu’s success would go a long way in strengthening their bonds with the Cloud village.

Jirou sat up straight staring in disbelief when Karasu said she would be getting up early without saying goodbye. “Oh no you won’t. Both me and Kashikoi will be up and you need to have a good breakfast before you leave like Hiro said. Besides, you have to say goodbye to your dad. What if some…” Jirou stops himself from finishing the sentence. He was of course concerned about Hiro, though he knew that Hiro was at least still here in the Leaf village and he would be surrounded by the best healers available. Jirou’s most pressing concern was for Karasu’s safety. She was going into a strange and unfamiliar country surrounded by new faces who may or may not prove to be hostile to anyone from the Leaf village. Jirou would be glad when she returned home.

Once Karasu conceded to having a good breakfast and saying goodbye to them all, Jirou leaned back in his chair again. “I understand you want to get an early start and all, but it might be a while before you return. A lot can happen and we might just forget what you look like,” he tells her with a teasing tone in his voice. “You wouldn’t want that would you?” It was actually getting late in the evening and Jirou knew that Karasu would need a good night’s rest before her mission, “At this point I couldn’t eat another bite. I know that will be very different come morning. I am looking forward to seeing you off on your mission. Don’t let the Raikage give you a hard time and make sure to come back safely.”

Jirou sits forward and replies to Karasu, “We are a family. I am the one who is very thankful that we met. I can’t imagine what my life would have been like without you in it. Family takes care of each other and I will always be here for both of you.” Standing up Jirou adds, “As for right now though it is late and I think it is time for me and Kashikoi to get some sleep. We will see you in the morning.” Jirou walks over to Hiro leaning down to give him a hug good night and if allowed he would also embrace Karasu in a hug before heading into the kitchen to get Kashikoi’s nightly cookies, “Good night to both of you.” Kashikoi got up quickly when Jirou called him and the pair headed down the hall into their room for the night.

[WC: 592]
[MFT]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Jirou stared up at the ceiling as night gave way to morning. The morning air held a chill and Jirou wondered to himself if Karasu was able to sleep at all during her journey to the cloud village. He knew that today was the day that Hiro was scheduled to check himself into the hospital for the surgery on his legs the following day. Ever since he had known Hiro, he had been confined to a wheelchair. Hiro was by no means helpless. Hiro had made Jirou’s sword which Jirou treasured as one of his most valued possessions. He had started his own business that he ran himself. He got around amazingly well from what Jirou could tell. Still Jirou thought that it must have been a difficult adjustment for him losing the use of his legs. If this surgery is successful, then it would be a second chance for Hiro. Jirou was happy at the thought of seeing Hiro regain the use of his legs. He knew that Karasu would be happy to see her father walk again. But now it was time to wake up and start their morning routine. Turning to Kashikoi who was sprawled out on his own bed, Jirou called to him. “Come on boy. Time to start the day. We are going with Hiro to the hospital. He needs to get checked in for his surgery first thing tomorrow morning.” Kashikoi sprang to his feet and trotted to the door while Jirou put on his jacket and shoes.

Hiro was already awake and in the kitchen preparing breakfast when Jirou and Kashikoi returned from their morning walk. Hiro called out to them when he heard the front door close, “Morning you two. Breakfast will be ready shortly. I am also preparing some meals for you to warm up while I am in the hospital. They will be in the refrigerator.” Jirou heard what Hiro said and smiled. He had been wondering if he was going to be eating all his meals at the ramen shop while Hiro was recovering from his surgery. Poking his head into the kitchen he replies to him, “Thanks. I really appreciate that. At least now I can save the money I would have spent eating at the ramen shop. I will be in for breakfast right after I shower.” Hiro smiled at Jirou and added, “One of these days I am going to show you how to make a few basic meals. A Shinobi should always be prepared for any eventuality.” Jirou nods and replies to him before heading off to take his shower, “I would like that.”

After showering and putting on a clean outfit, Jirou joined Hiro and Kashikoi in the kitchen for a hearty breakfast consisting of steamed rice, miso soup, salted salmon, tamagoyaki, mashed tofu salad with greens, salted salmon, pickled daikon and seasoned seaweed. Lastly the meal was served with hot green tea. Kashikoi was happy with his serving of salmon and brown rice that Hiro had just set on the floor for him when Jirou walked into the kitchen, “Wow this looks amazing.” Hiro motions for Jirou to sit at the table and serve himself, “Well you are a growing boy and since I will be in the hospital for a few days at least relegated to hospital food I figure that you can smuggle what is left into my hospital room.” Hiro smiles and the two start to eat the sumptuous breakfast.

After several very quiet minutes spent stuffing his face with the assortment of delicious dishes, it is Jirou who speaks first when he asks. “Are you nervous about this surgery, Hiro?”

Hiro looks up from his plate and replies, “When they first explained the risks and various complications that might happen from the surgery, I have to admit that it did make me nervous. I am not exactly a young man anymore and they did tell me that the healing process and rehabilitation would take longer. I spent a long time thinking it over before I finally decided that even the possibility of walking again was worth the risks. A Shinobi should never let their fear paralyze them into non-action. A Shinobi takes all the facts before them along with the risks and then decides on the course of action that they will take, trusting that their decision is the right one. Always trust yourself, Jirou. You are a Shinobi that I am glad to know. I know that you will always do your very best to walk the Way of the Shinobi. You have the will of Fire and a good soul.”

Jirou looks at Hiro, at first smiling at the kind words from Hiro. Afterwards Jirou’s brow furrows a bit with concern and he asks. “What type of complications and risks?”

Hiro can see his concern and he replies hoping to alleviate Jirou’s worry, “Just really the usual concerns from any surgery. Try not to worry. No matter what happens I have lived a good life and I am very proud of both you and my Karasu. This is a choice I have made and no matter what happens I know that I am still very much a Shinobi. Despite the risks I believe that the Buddha is beside me and will help me to walk again. I still have much I hope to do in my life.”

Jirou nods and smiles in understanding. He knows that it will do him no good to worry. “We will be right there waiting for you to come out of surgery. I believe that you will walk again and you might even be walking when Karasu returns from her mission. Wouldn’t she be surprised when she sees you standing at the front door? I will do what I can to help you too.”

Hiro replies to Jirou and laughs, “She might just faint from the shock. Anyway I think it is time we clean up the dishes and put what is left away in the refrigerator. We need to be at the hospital in an hour.” Jirou nods and the two of them clean up and prepare to walk to the Leaf General Hospital. Shutting the door behind them, Jirou carries Hiro’s overnight bag containing a clean change of clothes, several scrolls to read and a few other personal items to help pass the time. Together the two of them start off on a journey of renewed hope and possibilities.

[WC: 1079]
[MFT]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
The Leaf Hospital was not very far from their home. The day was sunny and the walk was a pleasant one. Kashikoi checked out different smells and chased several cats from their perches overlooking the passing humans. The cats had their own job to do in the village. They acted as population control for rats and mice. Everyone in the village had a purpose. While they walked Jirou watched while parents sent their children off to the Academy with their lunch boxes. Hiro stopped his wheelchair and waved to Gushiken Akemi, greeting her as well. “It is good to see you outside today, Gushiken Akemi san. It is beautiful weather for being outside.”

The older woman looked up from sweeping her walkway when she was addressed bowing towards Hiro and also towards Jirou, “Thank you, Hiro san. My arthritis was acting up but it seems a little better today. Where are you both off to today?”

Jirou bows to her, adding. “I am sorry to hear that, Gushiken Akemi san. I am going along with Hiro to the hospital. You are looking well today.” The woman was nearing sixty and her life had not been an easy one. She had lost her husband not even five years before to the complications of an injury he had sustained while on a mission to the Sand village. Jirou knew only as much as he had heard about how they had lost their farm and been through many financial hardships before arriving at the Leaf village.

When Gushiken Akemi hears that Hiro is going to the hospital she becomes pale asking, “Is everything all right, Hiro san? I hope you are not ill.” She approaches Hiro and reaches her hand to feel his forehead as though he were her own son and not a man who was just eight years her junior. Hiro reaches out to her, taking her hand in his gently reassuring her, “No no. I will be having surgery on my legs to restore my ability to walk.”

The older woman looked at Hiro in surprise and asked him, “Can they really do that? Are there any risks? I would hate to think of anything happening to you and never seeing you again. You were a good friend to my husband before his death.”

Hiro responded, “The only risk is that I will not walk. If that happens then I will take it as Buddha’s will. But if there is a chance that I can walk again, then I must at least try. The effort is also a part of Buddha’s will and with his blessings I will walk again.”

Akemi smiled and replied, “That would be wonderful. I will pray to the Buddha and light incense for blessings and success to be bestowed on you.”

Jirou smiled and replied to her, “I will be waiting to learn how the surgery goes. When I know I will be sure to let you know. Kashikoi and I will be helping Hiro. We hope that Hiro will be walking by the time Karasu returns from her mission. Right now we should get to the hospital since he needs to check in. The surgery will be taking place tomorrow.”

Hiro added after looking at his watch, “Yes we should get to the hospital. I do not want to be late. Your prayers will be most welcome.”

Akemi made a movement with her hand as though sending them on their way, “Yes do let me know as soon as you are able, Jirou san. I don’t really leave my house anymore. My knees just won’t let me, but I would like to know if the surgery is successful. It is very good of you to help Hiro as you are doing. My dear sweet husband, Tetsu and I were never blessed with offspring. If we had been, I would like to think that they would have been good and kind like Jirou and Karasu are. You are also very blessed to have one such as Hiro in your lives. Now you both continue on your way and stop listening to this old woman prattling on.”

Jirou bows to the woman and smiles at her, “Thank you.” Hiro backs his wheelchair up and turns in the direction of the hospital, “I am also very fortunate and I could not be more proud.” Together the three of them move away from Akemi's home and arrive at the hospital not long after. Jirou follows behind Hiro who approaches the front desk, “I am Nakano Hiro here to check in for my surgery tomorrow morning.” The receptionist replies, “Yes we have been expecting you. Please fill out these forms. Once you have finished the paperwork, a nurse will take you to your room.” When Kashikoi jumps up and places his front paws on the desk, the receptionist stands up and points to the door. “Please remove the animal from the premises. This is a hospital not a kennel.” Kashikoi looks at the receptionist, actually looking offended at being called an animal and he barks in protest. Jirou speaks up and says, “This is my wolf, Kashikoi. He is very clean.” The receptionist gives Jirou a LOOK and points to the door, “It would be better if he waits outside.” Hiro pats Kashikoi on the head and says, “They won’t stay long. The wolf goes everywhere with Jirou. Please let them stay.” When the phone rings the receptionist sits back down pinching the bridge of her nose as she reaches for the phone to answer it. Hiro finishes the forms and places the clipboard on the desk in front of the receptionist. With the receptionist still busy on the phone, a nurse comes and takes the clipboard, checking it over to see that everything is in order. “Everything looks to be in order. Let’s take you to your room.” The nurse leads Hiro, Jirou and Kashikoi to a private room on the fourth floor.

[WC: 995]
[MFT]​

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
The room that they were led to was a private room. The view from the hospital room faced the courtyard and in the distance Hokage Rock could be seen. A nurse came in to see whether Hiro needed any help. There were still the usual medical preparations that had to be completed before the surgery. Jirou set Hiro’s bag on the bed and asked, “Is there anything else I can do to help?”

Hiro had wheeled himself into the room and over to where his bag was replying, “You have been a very big help already. I should be fine. I don’t want to keep you here any longer. You and Kashikoi can head back to the house. You might have received a message from Soku.”

Jirou nods and motions to Kashikoi to follow him, “I know and if I do I don’t want to keep her waiting. If not, we will be here waiting for you when you wake up after your surgery. Let’s head home, Kashikoi, and let the nurses do what they need to do.” After jumping up on Hiro and licking his face, Kakashi follows Jirou out of the hospital room.

Shoving his hands into the pockets of his coat, Jirou walks through the streets on the way home. Jirou was relieved to be out of the hospital with all the scents that assaulted his senses. The scents of the sick, the dying and even those who had already departed this life were a menagerie that pummeled his heightened senses. All of these covered over by the scent of cleaners and perfumes provided a nearly overwhelming cocktail for both Jirou and Kashikoi. This was probably why Jirou dreaded the hospital and tended to avoid it as much as possible. Jirou appreciated the fresh air as he and Kashikoi approached the shops. “What do you say we stop at the Ichiraku’s Ramen shop for some lunch, Kashikoi?” Now the wolf understood any word that was associated with food and he yipped excitedly. Jirou laughed as he sat down across the counter from the proprietor’s daughter, “Hello Yuri san. Do you think that we can get two orders of ramen please?”

Yuri was a girl who was not that much older than himself with her brown hair pulled back into a kerchief that framed her slender face. She blushed when Jirou spoke to her and answered quickly, “Of course Jirou san.” She tried to hide her reddening cheeks but just about everyone, except Jirou, knew that she liked the Inuzuka.

Jirou was oblivious to this fact while he waited and made small talk with her while she readied their order, “How is your father doing today? He left you in charge of the shop it looks like.”

Yuri smiled at him, taking extra care to make his order as special as she could. “Yes, my father has traveled to a nearby village to discuss opening a ramen shop there. My uncle would be running the shop for us. I heard that you are on your own while Hiro is in the hospital. If you would like, I will bring meals to you. That way you won’t need to worry about food while Hiro is recovering.” Yuri averted her eyes away shyly. She was very much hoping that the handsome boy would agree.

Jirou thought that Yuri was just being very nice making such an offer. However, meals delivered daily would end up costing him more than he was willing to spend, “That would be great. Except I think that would get too expensive. Besides, I really don’t mind cooking meals for myself and Kashikoi.” He smiles at her as she sets the bowl of Ramen before him, “I hope that is okay with you.”

Yuri looks down clearly disappointed, knowing full well that her father would be very angry with her if she didn’t charge Jirou or anyone else for that matter. She knew that Karasu was on a mission and this might be her only opportunity to get Jirou interested in her. Thinking fast Yuri offered, “I was not thinking Jirou san. I apologize. Perhaps I can come over and we can make a meal together. That way we can make something from what you have at home. You have always been a good friend to my father and me. I would like to do something special for you.” She smiled softly towards Jirou hoping that he would agree.

Jirou looks at her and after thinking it over he sees no harm in agreeing to what Yuri offered. “I think that would be very nice and afterwards we can watch television if you like.” Yuri was a very nice girl and a friend. He had not even the first clue that Yuri was interested in anything more than friendship.

Yuri smiled brightly and in her giddiness she leaned over and kissed Jirou on the cheek, backing away quickly, “Oh I am sorry. I am just so happy that I will be able to help you. Please enjoy your food.” She was blushing furiously as she rushed into the back to take the whistling teapot off of the stove.

While Yuri was in the back a patron sitting two stools down moved to sit on the stool beside Jirou. The man gave him an elbow in the side smiling at him, “You are very lucky. That young lady likes you a lot. It is good to meet you lad. I am Makato.”

Jirou looked over at the man who introduced himself, “No she is just a friend. Besides I like…” Jirou does not name Karasu by name since this is a stranger in the village. “I am Jirou. I don’t recall having seen you around before.”

Makato smiles and replies, “No, I am here on a mission of trade. Take it from me lad. That girl will have you liking her if she has any say at all in the matter.” Makato grows quiet as Yuri returns with his pot of green tea adding only, “Thank you, Yuri san.”

Jirou was at a loss for words as he finished his ramen. Looking over he can see that Kashikoi has already finished his bowl. He was not sure if what Makato said was true and now he had agreed to have her over. Jirou couldn’t be rude and say no. Maybe he could ask Hiro after his surgery what he should do. No, that would mean that he couldn’t handle it himself. He was not a child. He would have her over and see if it was true. Then he would try and let her down easily, if he learned that it was true. No way was he going to betray Karasu. Jirou set several coins on the counter to pay for the ramen. “Thank you for the ramen, Yuri. I guess I will see you tomorrow then, unless I get called to go on a mission of course.” At that moment Jirou could only hope that Soku summoned him for a mission. Any mission at all would be welcomed.

Yuri bowed humbly her hands folded before her while smiling brightly, “I will see you tomorrow, Jirou san.”

Jirou rubbed the back of his neck and motioned for Kashikoi to follow, “Let’s go Kashikoi.” Kashikoi and Jirou left the ramen shop and continued towards home. Jirou’s thoughts were reeling from what Makato had told him. He only hoped that he would be able to deal with this situation that he now found himself in.

[WC: 1255]
[MFT]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
After a good night’s rest Jirou and Kashikoi wake early to get ready to go to the hospital, so that they can wait for Hiro to get out of his surgery. Hiro was scheduled to go in for surgery at eight in the morning. Jirou had no idea how long such a surgery would last, but he wanted to be there beforehand to show his support. After feeding Kashikoi, Jirou grabbed a rice ball taking several bites and they both left the house in a hurry to get to the hospital. There was a different nurse at the front desk and Kashikoi was not allowed to go up to the fourth floor. Jirou had no choice but to tell him to wait by the door. Kashikoi did as he was told, taking up his own position at the front door and laying down his head resting on his front paws while he waited.

They had arrived just in time and Jirou entered Hiro’s room to see the nurses making the last preparations before taking him into surgery. Hiro looked up and motioned him over, “My boy you made it. Today is the big day. The nurses here just gave me a shot that is supposed to relax me for the surgery. I thought I was already relaxed, but apparently not enough.” Hiro laughs already a bit giddy from the shot that was making him start to slur his words. “What is in this shot? This is better than saki.”

Jirou blinked, having never before seen Hiro in such an intoxicated state. Still he was glad that he was able to arrive before he was taken into surgery. He smiles and says, “I am glad you are feeling good. I will be waiting for you to come out of the surgery. They made Kashikoi wait outside, but he would be here too if they let him.”

Hiro looks to the nurses and asks a bit louder than expected, “Why wasn’t Kashikoi allowed?” Jirou would answer him, “The hospital has its rules. I will take Kashikoi for a good walk later.” Hiro seemed to accept the answer when the orderlies arrived ready to take Hiro in for surgery. It was time and Hiro reached out and grabbed Jirou’s hand firmly, “Take care of Karasu, my boy.” Jirou smiled and answered, “Don’t worry. I give you my word. I will also be right here when you come back from surgery.” With that Jirou watched as Hiro was wheeled off down the hall to surgery. It was going to be a very long day and he sure couldn’t just leave Kashikoi downstairs the whole time while he waited in the waiting room. Jirou would wait downstairs with Kashikoi. He had left word to please let him know as soon as Hiro was out of surgery.

That was how Jirou and Kashikoi spent the day. They sat perched atop the wall outside of the hospital entrance. The surgery would be taking much longer than expected. Jirou could only hope that there were no complications. Each time he went back inside to get an update, there was nothing new to report. He could tell that the nurses were becoming annoyed. Jirou looks over at Kashikoi who was still pouting for not being allowed in the hospital. That’s when Jirou decided that they needed to take a walk. The waiting was going to drive them both crazy otherwise. They both stopped for lunch at the ramen shop, despite Jirou feeling embarrassed by the girl who worked at the ramen shop liking him. They didn’t stay long and after they had both eaten they would make their way back to the hospital. It had already been five hours and Jirou was hoping that Hiro’s surgery was successful and that he would be back in his room by the time they got there.

[WC: 644]
[MFT]​

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Jirou and Kashikoi make their way back to the hospital hoping that when they arrive they will learn that Hiro was out of his surgery. As it so happens the desk nurse was away from her desk. This gave Jirou and Kashikoi a chance to go up to the fourth floor together. They didn't take the risk of taking the elevator knowing that would get them caught before they could get to Hiro’s room. Jirou knew that he could hide Kashikoi under the bed once they were safe inside Hiro’s room. The trick would be getting down the hall without being seen. So far the stairs were not a problem. Most preferred taking the elevator which was definitely to their benefit at this moment. Jirou and Kashikoi bounded up the stairs quickly until they were at the door that opened onto the fourth floor hallway. Thinking back, Jirou remembered that the stairs were at the end of the hallway away from the nurses station. Hiro’s room was located diagonally across from the stairwell. Opening the door a little, Jirou could see the way was clear. Jirou nodded to Kashikoi and said quietly, “Let’s get inside Hiro’s room fast. We can wait there.”

Inside the room Hiro was just waking up from his surgery. Hiro was groggy and his mouth was very dry. At first he wasn’t sure where he was or why he felt like he had gone several rounds against a sumo wrestler and lost. Once the hospital room started coming clearer into view, Hiro knew where he was and what had happened. Pushing the blanket back from his legs, he looked down still having no idea if the surgery worked or not. He tried to move them, but it strained him and he was just not able to. Undeterred, Hiro tried to move his legs two more times desperately hoping to see even a little movement. It was on the second try that he thought he could see a tiny movement. It was hard to tell and the exertion left him sore and exhausted. Nothing worthwhile ever came without a lot of hard work and effort. He would just have to keep trying. Hiro leaned back to rest for a few moments wondering where Jirou and Kashikoi were. He hoped Jioru could sneak Kashikoi upstairs. He knew that the wolf would worry about him if he didn’t get to see him. Hiro made a mental note to speak with the Hokage about how they treat Ninja companions in the hospital. Leaning back Hiro became aware that he was hungry. As though on cue his stomach growled, while his mind wandered to what Karasu might be doing now. He hoped she was safe and that her mission was successful. It did not take long for Hiro to come out of his thoughts, when he thought he had heard a noise outside of his hospital room. He wondered what was going on out in the hall.

[WC: 496]
[MFT]​

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
The nurses were all in an uproar as they were scrambling around. One nurse who was coming down the hall wondered what the commotion was all about so she asked one of the other nurses that was in a craze. “We saw a canine in here and we are looking all over for him. He is with someone we believe is his owner.“

Jirou and Kashikoi emerged from the stairwell, wasting no time in making a dash for Hiro’s door. There was a great commotion in the hallway with several nurses and orderlies running around and searching the various rooms. Jirou had a sneaking suspicion that one of the eagle eyed nurses had become aware of their presence on their way upstairs. This could be very bad if they were caught now. Jirou and Kashikoi opened the door to Hiro’s room and slipped inside, shutting the door behind them. Hiro was right there sitting up and staring at them as they entered the room. “What is all the commotion about outside?”

Jirou put a finger to his mouth and looked at Hiro. “Shhhh.. I think the nurses are looking for us because of Kashikoi. If we are quiet enough maybe they won’t think to check in here,” Jirou told him. Kashikoi who would normally bark with a greeting instead jumped on to Hiro’s bed and gave the man several licks on his face. Hiro smiled and gave him a pat, “That’s alright boy, I appreciate you coming in to see me. I won’t say a word to anyone. If it sounds like they are coming I will have you two hide in the closet.”

For now it seemed that Jirou and Kashikoi were able to lose the nurses but it was just a matter of time when one of them came in to check on Hiro. They needed to be alert and use their senses to know if someone was coming. They looked at the closet and nodded to Hiro. “That should be a good spot to hide.“ Jirou said as Kashikoi got down from the bed. He would wag his tail with excitement. Hiding from the nurses was fun to him like some kind of hide and seek game. Kashikoi may have also thought of it as another of their training exercises. Kashikoi remained alert, making sure to listen for the nurses while spending time with Hiro.

[WC: 398]
[MFT]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back