Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Zone 4 [Mission]

Seijin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
MlS0l3E.png
Mission Title Zone 4
Mission Rank: S
Mission Type: Group Modded
Required Participants: [Open]
Client: Konoha Village Council | Hokage
Restrictions: Battle ready, there will be an opponent of at least B rank within the mission. The more participants the better.
Mission Premise: A relic of the Daimyo’s zoning schemes within the fire country, Zone 4 is home to a newly constructed nuclear power plant that’s soon to be turned on completely for the first time. Over the years, families of the personnel working on the power plant have turned the outpost into a bustling city but a new threat looms on the horizon as word of an imminent attack has reached the ears of the city elders. The shinobi of Konoha have been hired out to repel this attack so that the power plants initial run can go off without a hitch.
Note(s): This mission will count as an exam for those that qualify for ranking up via exam. This is subject to a case by case basis.​

Walking through one of the many gated entrances to the city the first thing that the Shinobi would notice will be the modern-day architecture heavily prevalent within the city. Clean sidewalks, traffic lights for drawing cards and even Corner shops and cafes were within just a few blocks of walking from any one point of the city. The whole of the hustle and bustle of the city circled the large nuclear power plant soon to go online. Having started out as a far-flung dream of a project, the scientist who were responsible for bringing it to life now stood to gain untold riches for enabling a large portion of the region to have relatively cheap and reliable power. It came as little surprise then that the shinobi were going to be paid so handsomely. The only question they had to worry about was just what sort of issues would arise from a mission that was so dangerous that an insane amount of money was being promised. The fact that the Hokage had agreed to allow his shinobi to even venture to this portion of the fire country told just how important this mission was to the whole of the country and not just Konoha. It was at this moment that while the Shinobi were busy looking around and getting acquainted with the area that the lead scientist who had requested their service walked up to them and introduced himself.

”Ah, hello there. Welcome to Crisis City! Hopefully your travel wasn’t too far harsh.” A skinny man, the scientists began to show them around the city making sure to show off all the wonderful bright spots that it had to offer. With all the great things that they were able to accomplish due to the large abundance of super important and convincingly super smart scientist in the area, it was a wonder that somehow the name “Crisis City” managed to pass the City Board of counsel. The name of the city was so foreboding and so ominous that one had to wonder if they were just begging for trouble by naming the city “Crisis City”. Since the day was still so young, the shinobi had plenty of time before they were to be officially on guard duty. Officially they weren't on duty until the following day and what they decided to do that afternoon and that evening was all up to them. Each of them was given a company card from the company that was sponsoring them, “Crisis Corp.” and told to to enjoy the stipend that was separate from their actual mission pay. Free room and board at the highest end of hotels, it seemed like the city council really wanted to make sure that they had a good time. What lay ahead of them however would really go a long way towards speaking about if this mission was in fact really a bribe towards Konoha, a way of currying favor with the now stable powerhouse of the fire country.

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeshi listened to the old man talking, a small smile on his lips as he looked around. More like a grin than anything it would seem out of this rag tag bunch of a team he was going to have an intresting time. His eyes glanced around as he looked at the team that had come together right now, pondering for a few seconds the city. It seemed they were being offered the best offers in this place. Takeshi allowed himself to look at the students that were with him and realised in a heartbeat he had to look out for them. They were out in the real world now, under pressure and this was there moment to prove themselves it would seem.

“Right listen up people, I know we all want to shoot off but let’s stick together. Remember we are being paid for this, I would like to at least keep the village in a good light coming out of this”

Takeshi glanced over to the other higher ranks of course as he would leave the Students for a split second allowing time to pass by as he began to strike a conversation up with them. He looked to the two people that were in the group that clearly looked like they could handle themselves, he allowed a small sigh to come to his lips.

“In all my time around, I have not lost an Academy Student in a mission, now as much as I hate to admit it. I really do not want to have that record Tarnished today, so if we could just go as a group I would appreciate it greatly please”

Takeshi looked at the others before returning to the Gennin group, he allowed his eyes to glance around the city scape, he knew that the job would be a serious one. Even with the turn out they had for this it was clear then that this was no laughing matter. The question was would they all be able to work together as a team.

As he looked around then down to his card for a few seconds he pondered in his head how well things were about to go. Unsure of what actions to take or what to be done in this second, though he knew full well that they would have to be careful. In a new place like this anything could go wrong and he didn’t want to have to explain to the Hokage what happened, now after his recent explination had gone so poorly.

“Right so where we want to go first, we can grab a hotel room? Grab food? I am honestly down for anything it’s your guys big exam, what you fancy doing?”

He would wait for the answers form the group and then go from there it was all down to what they fancied doing honestly. He was pretty laid back on that account to be sure, but something didn’t feel right to him. It was probably a little bit of paranoia setting in.

Kato Hana

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Manzo was looking forward to this mission, it was going to give him a chance to work out the kinks in his body after getting out of the hospital. He had pushed himself to get through the physical therapy and now he was going to reap those rewards. Nothing quite like starting a mission in a plush hotel. One that he was sure would have a hot tub to help with his “physical therapy”, sure that sounded like a good excuse.

Manzo looked around at the team, Takeshi of course he recognized, though this was the first time he had seen him since the rumors within the ANBU corps had started about him. Manzo really didn't care, what the rumors said. After all it was what really mattered was what someone did with their power, not were the power came from.

The real surprise was the other members of the team, the academy students. A mission like this was going to become a lot more complicated with them, but Manzo did not believe in stepping down from a challenge. From the speech the Takeshi gave, neither did he. The fact that Takeshi wanted to ensure that the students made it through made Manzo question the harshness of the rumors.

Giving a bow to Takeshi he introduced himself, “My name is Manzo” it felt weird not giving his family name but as far he was concerned he no longer has a family, a thought that made him a little sad. Putting on a smile he continued to address the group ” might be a good idea to partake in the restaurant and do a little bonding, or maybe utilize the hot springs. Tomorrow is going to be a big day so we should be rested. ”

Kairyuu

Supreme Leader Bone #9513
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Who the hell named this place?

Maki watches as others arrive before his employer, his frown lightening slightly at a familiar face. Others were arriving, but these were the first. Maki respectfully steps around the old man as Takeshi faces the others to begin speaking to them. He wastes little time talking over the other as the green haired man goes over things. There was often much to learn from silence. For instance, the facts of the village being paid to be here as well and the fact that some of these kids were on an exam. Apparently Konoha was in the habit of testing their kids on extremely lethal missions.

”Well, first I’d say we head to the plant and set up a perimeter of elite shinobi and lock the place down tighter than a priestess. Then we order a dozen large pizzas and play video games while nothing happens. But I don’t think any of that is going to be happening, so I would like to point out these cards also mean we can hit the arcade.”

Most of the words were in jest. Most. ”Greetings all. I am Isaki Tsukiakari, native of Fire Country, former Mednin of Leaf before the Daimyo went stupid. I’ve been hired on as outside help. What this means I do not override any of you. What it also means is I’ve survived without the protection of a village for quite a while so if I give advice, take it to head and think on it a bit.” A fun speech, but not untrue. He has no place in the village’s chain of command for obvious reasons, but frankly he knew he could dance through most of this group without them noticing if he wanted to.

”Much like you guys, my job doesn’t officially begin until tomorrow, but I think it might be wise to set up a rotational watch tonight in case anyone tries something before hand. Rather we not line up nice n shiny tomorrow and find out sabotage happened overnight on us while we were comfy in a nice hotel room.”

He looks over to Takeshi, giving a nod.

Shirai Sadao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Joining the others in the area Yukio would be lying is he said he wasn't nervous, it was his first real mission and it wasn't a small job at that taking it for an exam no less but seeing those who were already there he felt confident that they could complete it with some effort. He took a moment to look over the gathered members recognising most of them from previous lessons or sparring with only a few he didn't know. Looking over to Isaki as he gave his greeting he knew there was wisdom in his words and that if you let the mind wander out here there was more than a slightly high chance you would end up dead.

"My name is Hyuuga Yukio and I would agree with both Manzo and Tsukiakari we should get to know each other before beginning but at the same time we can't let our guards down otherwise something might slip past us and through the gaps"

He knew he should make use of lessons learned through training and his time in the classroom but was more than aware that most of the people here have spent time in the field as Isaki said he'd been outside the village without help and every day in the field was probably worth more than a week in experience compared to sitting in a classroom. He took a moment to look over the area in detail wondering what kind of people they would meet and become acquainted with during their time here as he took what Takeshi had said to heart if they truly could pull through this it would be as a team and leaving someone alone especially a student like him would most likely end in disaster.

With that he went back to waiting, looking over the group to wait for them to introduce themselves as well and curious how much they had all grown since that first day. He could also not help himself but wonder if they would see Takeshi in action during this mission, seeing him in the classroom was all well and good but this would be the first time seeing him in a possible combat orientated situation.

Hiyasu Shiori

Yen
ASP
Deaths
This could change everything

That was all Shiori was thinking as the scientist gave his introduction. This mission would set up Shiori’s family for a year. He would be able to buy a new set of clothes! He looked down, picking at an errant thread of his careworn and tattered garb. It would be nice not to spend every night painstakingly fixing tears in the weak cloth and then scrubbing at stains that had been set in for years. Something with enough pockets to be of any real use.

Takeshi had told him about this mission, and the possible reward. To have been noticed by his teacher for what seemed to be a dangerous mission was quite an honour. He must be doing something right. They must be seeing his potential. Yukio was there as well, he must have done something to impress Takeshi as well.

I had best keep an eye.

Lost in his own thoughts, fiddling with his ring, he hadn’t noticed the path the conversation had taken. Now everyone was conversing and making plans, Shiori was unsure as to whether he should introduce himself or weigh in with his opinion. Other than himself and Yukio, the others held themselves in a way that made it seem they were old hats at this. They were eagerly discussing plans. Even Yukio weighed in. Shiori realised he could use that as an opening.

“My name is Hiyasu Shiori, a student from Leaf. I know it isn’t really my place to say, but I think the restaurant is a good idea, followed by a rotational watch tonight.” As he finished his statement, his eyes flicked back down to the ground. He didn’t want to appear overconfident in front of these stronger ninja.

Megumareta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Megu had walked through the city, slightly overcome by the sheer number of people around him. He was much more used to the serenity that living within Konaha brought. That had all been placed aside, however, as their ambassador spoke he made sure he paid close attention.

A nuclear power plant... I don't actually know what that even means. Must be expensive though.

The thought brought a smile to his face. It was his first real mission outside the confines of Leaf and he was excited to have the chance to prove his worth to both the village and the nins accompanying him. He stood listening as Takeshi took the lead for their little group, happy that he recognised a friendly face, and somewhat relieved about his claim to never have lost an Academy Student on a mission before.

He watched the group introducing themselves closely, keen to find out who he was actually working with. There were a few other faces he recognised, his friends from the Academy Shiori and Yuukio also present, but also a couple more he was unfamiliar with. There was also one that made the hair on the back of his neck rise slightly as one of the men introduced themselves as a mercenary. He'd heard stories about ninjas who'd shrugged off the protection that the village offered but to meet one in person was a whole different kettle of fish indeed. His turn to introduce came and he cleared his throat softly.

"My names Megumareta, please just call me Megu though, I'm a student from Leaf as well."

He hesitated as people banded about restaurants, arcades or shift work. He held his hands in the front pockets of his grey hoodie, fidgeting slightly.

I'm not going to sleep tonight anyway, I might as well put myself to use...

"I agree, if something happened overnight this whole mission could be over by the time we're up for breakfast. I'm happy to take the first shift if anyone else wants in?"

He stood slightly forward as he spoke, hoping that someone else would accompany him as he guarded the facility. As much as he was confident in his abilities who knew what he would be facing.

And it'll give me time to practice my new jutsu before tomorrow. Shirori's gonna flip when he sees it.

As he waited he slunked slightly back, waiting further instructions and grasping the straps of the backpack he'd brought with him.

Naru Hiroshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
When Hiroshi had first heard about the mission he had been somewhat blown away, it seemed like an incredibly important mission for anyone as lowly as an academy student to be trusted with, but here he was. Sometimes, his father had told him, one had to take a chance that seemed foolish at first glance to really understand exactly how strong they were.

The pay will be good to be fair, let’s not forget that.

The boy knew that his friends would probably be thinking a similar thing to him with regards to the money, and he definitely couldn’t blame them. Life at the academy had felt like it was all leading towards graduation, but there was no real income to be had, and the missions that the students could undertake would be described as pathetic at best. Still, to say that his motivations were entirely monetary would be somewhat incorrect.

Wait, I think I might have missed something.

Hiroshi tuned back into the conversation that was going on around him, marvelling at the strength and easy assuredness with which some of the older ninja were holding themselves. They all spoke up and offered their opinions as a plan was formed, and Hiroshi felt himself slightly overwhelmed at the occasion. He was almost surprised when first Yukio spoke up, then Shiori and finally Megu added his thoughts into the mix.

Can’t be the only one to let the side down.

Coughing and suppressing the feeling of anxious panic that filled his stomach with a million butterflies, Hiroshi spoke aloud for the first time since the group had come together.

”The suggestions all make sense, as much as it would be nice to get paid for doing nothing, we have to assume that there is a risk more or less straight away. I’ll do a shift as lookout with whoever as necessary, oh and I’m Hiroshi a student from Leaf by the way, nice to be working with you all.”

The words had come out as a massive rush, but the boy felt infinitely better having finally contributed something to the conversation that was going on around him.

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeshi looked at the group, it seemed those that were preparing for the mission had finally arrived. This was something great to see such enthusiasm to happen. Though it seemed that a lot of them were thinking along the right lines early, which was a nice mood to be change. He was used to having this environment but seeing the faces around meant that he had a pretty confident opinion of the team that had been formed. That much he knew from just seeing how prepared they were. Most of them he had trained in the lessons as well as got updates about how they were progressing.

“Right seems like everyone is wanting to get food, this makes things easier. So, I suggest we send a group to get food while two of us take watch”

Takeshi pondered around looking at all those that had come to this mission, the group seemed even and everything would be going well. So, he had no issue with that, of course though he would have to make sure that everyone was paying attention, as he listened to the offers of taking watches and going first he frowned slightly knowing full well this task would be a hard one and that the students needed to be watched. Slowly he turned back to older members of the group before speaking.

“Manzo, Tsukiakari you two want to go take the others to get some food, myself and Megu will be the ones taking first watch for this. We will head there now and set up a perimeter, at least that way we know that the place is safe and fine. Then in an hour and a half if nothing happens send Yukio to come replace Megu.”

Pondering he figured it was best if he took the first two students on watch, they could rotate after an hour and a half and this way they would be rested for the coming day. That was if anything happened that day. Sometimes they would just end up sitting around and of course this probably was the case. But it was better to be safe than sorry in these situations.

“After three hours then I suggest Manzo and Shiori you two come and replace us so we can get some down time, at least this way I can crash for a little bit of time. Followed up by Tsukiakari And Hioshi you will come after another 3-hour gap from that one, this way we can all crash for around 6 hours each time and get some rest.”

Six hour breaks it was what he was like, at least as he turned to head away to the power plant and leave the group he allowed a small smile to come to his lips as he walked away. Waiting for Megu to catch up the two would head to the power plant and set up a boundary once they were there. But hell this was life and he wasn’t about to miss out on food even if he was taking the student to go play guard the position with him.

“Right Megu on the way we will grab some pizza, hell I won’t miss out on food and this way we can chill and talk a bit about life and how you have come since your first lesson with me…….”

He paused by now Megu probably knew he was the ANBU that he had first encountered but that was fine. That branch was a past memory to him and he was here today to help the leaf out. After teaching them he wanted to see what there combat abilities were and of course Megu was one that stuck in his mind from way back then, he had proven himself and even though the others may have made more of an impact something unique about this kid was there in the back of the Uchiha’s mind.

“So what kinda pizza are we getting?”

His words were more to get rid of time as the two of them headed to the power plant, leaving the group back there as he took first watch, he wondered how the others would get on with Maki, after all he was an interesting fellow. Something good about him still rung inside the Jounin. As he smiled to himself and walked he would happily answer any questions that the two students he would share the watch with had. Of course, he missed the friendly banter between everyone but knew that these groups made it fair and easy to protect the power plant.

“Don’t over think anything, just remember to stay calm and no matter what happens stay beside me. It may get rough on this mission, but you all have my word we will go home as a team, we started as one let’s do it justice”

His voice clam and almost cold but that was just what he was used to. Some small talk as he headed to the power plant allowing Megu to keep in the right pace with him, he didn’t like the idea of leaving students alone but knew the more of them the better. Watch at this time though was a hassle, but with the six hours rest it meant that the group would finally meet up in the morning back at the power plant. He pondered if he should have taken down a breakfast order, but discarded it instantly.

Takeshi allowed himself the time with Megu to be a learning experience, he would with Yukio as well. Giving him hints and answers that would help him in his previous life, of course he would make sure that the students learned the basics quickly and officially. He leaned into Megu so that no-one walking past could hear them before speaking to the kid.

“This is your chance to ask anything you want, I won’t lie or pretend I don’t know. Be direct if you wanna know anything outside of class. But remember this is a mission, conduct yourself with pride and give leaf a good representation in this case.”

WC – 1015
TWC - 1522

Kato Hana

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Four students, a jounin, what seemed to be a mercenary and him. This had the makings of a strange joke. But that was the hand that had been dealt to them and for the honor of the leaf, Manzo would make it work.

It was pretty obvious that Takeshi was going to taking lead on the mission, unless something drastically changed but that was ok, he had already started by making good suggestions and taking charge. It certainly helped that he had seen Takeshi spending a lot of time at the academy so the students most likely already knew him while Isaki Tsukiakari and him were unknown quantities for the students.

Getting tasked with the graveyard shift was not something that made Manzo jump up and down with joy, he doubted anyone would have, but it needed to be done and Manzo was being trusted with it. The problem with the middle shift was it was interrupted sleep. The first shift got to sleep after their shift and the last shift simply had to get up early but the middle, the middle usually got to get some sleep then pull guard and get some more sleep. It was not pleasant but not something that Manzo hadn’t done before. He was more concerned for Shiori , who was lucky enough to pull the shift with him.

That was a problem for latter though. First thing was first. ” Ok while those two get started with guarding, let's get some food. Personally I am thinking steak. Any objections?” After hashing out where they would eat and started to go there Manzo addressed the group. ” So why don’t we do a bit of tell each other a little bit about yourselves. Partially your fighting style. If something does happen while we are guarding this place it is good to know how everyone will approach a fight. You don’t need to give anything away that you might feel that is secret. Since If you have any questions for me or anyone else now is a great time to voice them.

For myself, I am primarily a taijutsu fighter that changes between sword and unarmed styles depending on the fight”

WC:366
TWC:659

Kairyuu

Supreme Leader Bone #9513
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Since his words, four more kids had made their presence obvious, something Maki found disturbing. He was hired on for a threat that apparently required skills of a rank at least his own. If that was the case, these kids would be slaughtered. While he has heard of child prodigies, the fact was natural potential could only get someone so far before experience and training trumped it. And there was no doubt in his mind these kids did not have enough of either three to get them around a band of, say, Daimyo loyalist samurai. He wondered what Leaf hopes to accomplish sending their students out to die.

”Sounds like a plan, Takeshi. Okay kids, you heard your boss. We’re doing rotations on guard duty. As for food, steak sounds good for me too.” Maki wasn’t starving, but who would turn down free steak? He could only hope this place had a steakhouse with a sushi bar. And a normal bar. While he had no intention of getting drunk, a saki before things would help his sleeping schedule and loosen him up without causing him any issues. He slips a pamphlet from his pocket and begins looking through the city directory.

”I’m uh….good at ninjutsu. And genjutsu. And I can hit stuff with my sword pretty good.” Maki honestly didn’t have a set fighting style. Much like his current ambitions in life, everything was a spinning compass for him, and wherever it pointed when he decided to make his decision was what he went with. ”Mostly I try to keep defensive in situations like this. Our aim isn’t to kill people, it’s to protect the plant. Killing our opponents can do that, but keeping them away from it will help us to accomplish that secondary goal without sacrificing the main goal. I know of some barriers and genjutsu that will make their attack harder to penetrate our defenses.”

Megumareta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Megu stood, slightly surprised by just how many of those who had turned up were actually students. For such a serious mission it was almost worrying that it was mainly staffed by children alongside some outside help. It made him think about how strong the village had seemed when he was younger. He'd attended meetings and seen Shinobi all around the village, but maybe that was more pomp and circumstance than actual military might. Regardless, he had faith that the village would hardly send them out like lambs to the slaughter, he hoped anyway.

Although he was starting to settle the whole experience was still rather surreal. He'd been involved in some missions and some fights this really was something else. As he thought back to his first lessons in the academy their leader, Takeshi, revealed that he'd actually been his tutor. He gasped, slightly taken aback. He took a look over to the man, noticing his green hair, the pieces of the puzzle finally sliding fully into place for the young nin. Although he'd speculated that Takeshi had been Green Shark this was more in jest than actually detective work.

Wait... so that means that Takeshi is an Anbu, he's Green Shark all along. But isn't this the same Takeshi who gave us our squads in the meeting? I wonder what happened to make him leave the branch so suddenly.

The one aspect of shinobi life that Megu had yet to fathom was how tumultuous ninja life could be. When he had played ninjas with his brother when he was younger it was always 'kill this!' or 'steal that!', or occasionally if they were feeling particularly adventurous they would play 'assassinate the Daimyo', the Daimyo actually being their next door neighbours dog. He could still hear the poor things howl as he'd nailed it with an explosive senbon, cleverly disguised as a water balloon. Sneaky Megu. Whilst the thought usually brought about a smile, and admittedly some feelings of guilt, this time it brought up a slight pang of homesickness. He missed his brother, he missed his mother and more than anything he missed Suo's home cooking. Brushing those thoughts aside he tried to focus on the mission once again, or more importantly what kind of pizza him and Takeshi were having. As the gravity of the situation once more set in he felt every one of his ten years of age weighing down on him. He made a mental note to ask Takeshi about what happened, if the opportunity presented itself anyway. However, there was one more thing that he'd wanted to ask Takeshi about, what a dark sage was. He wasn't overly sure he'd get an answer but he thought that maybe he'd finally found someone he could confide in about the dark power that he'd found inside of himself. No one had explicitly told him that there was anything dark or wrong about his powers, but it hardly seemed like appropriate dinner party conversation. 'What's that? Yes the soups lovely. Pass the bread please. Hey did you know that I can pull out my shinbone and use it like a club to bludgeon people to death whilst sending bone shards spiraling out of my toes?'. No, he wanted to speak to someone about this before he potentially ruined all the relationships he'd worked so hard to form. It wasn't that he didn't trust Hiroshi or Shiroi, his friends had stood by him thus far, but the thought of losing them both made him feel sick.

Bringing himself back to the present he moved away from the group with Takeshi, a quick nod of solice towards the remainders. As they walked he stood in silence briefly, taking Takeshi's words in. Whilst he was still nervous the calming words of his captain along with the confidence he exuded did make him feel a little better, as did the idea of pizza.

"Wanna split a pepperoni with me?"

He continued walking, waiting to see if Takeshi agreed or if he had other plans. Megu fingered the coins that he held in his pocket. His mother had wanted to pack him some sandwiches but he'd left them at home, like he was going to show to the others that his mother still looked after him.

As they continued to walk Takeshi leaned closer to him, speaking just above a whisper.

“This is your chance to ask anything you want, I won’t lie or pretend I don’t know. Be direct if you wanna know anything outside of class. But remember this is a mission, conduct yourself with pride and give leaf a good representation in this case.”

This is my chance... even if he doesn't answer me at least it might give me a chance to ask him about my powers.

He looked around to make sure that no one was within earshot and took his chance, speaking softly towards Takeshi.

"I only have one question for now, Sir, in the meeting you said that you were a Dark Sage. What does that mean? I only ask because I've been keeping something a secret as well, and I don't know what to do anymore."

He cast his eyes down as they continued to walk. Whilst he knew speaking of Dark Sages may not be something his Sensei had in mind it was Takeshi's speech about honesty and openness in the main branch meeting that had led to the turmoil within himself.

wc:915
Total wc: 1325

ooc:
Sorry to post out of order, figured it didn't matter seen as we were away from the main group and not too sure how much i'll be able to post next couple of days.

Hiyasu Shiori

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Takeshi, the only ninja Shiori knew, seemed to be taking the lead here. He supposed that was best, he wouldn’t expect himself, Megu, Hiroshi or Yukio to lead. He didn’t know the other shinobi, so it was the best of the situation, he reflected. It seemed a bit unfair that Megumareta and Yukio only had to watch for an hour and a half whilst he had the full three hour stint. And he was in the middle. He sighed lightly. He supposed he wouldn’t get much sleep tonight. Takeshi had first watch, undoubtedly the best position. There were perks to stepping up and taking the lead, it seemed to the academy student.

And then the other pair were walking off, starting their shift together. It was a shame he wouldn’t spend this evening with Megu, but he would be able to spend time with his other friends, at least. He hustled slightly closer to the students.

“I hope we haven’t bitten off more than we can chew, guys. I reckon if anything goes down, we’re going to be in the way.” He whispered to Hiroshi and Yukio, eyes flicking to the pair of more senior shinobi. They both oozed confidence. He wouldn’t want to get caught in the crossfire if they engaged the enemy.

Shiori thought back to his experiences of fighting. There were only 2 so far, but he thought he had held himself well. First, there was the fight with Kaori, technically a draw, but Shiori secretly thought of it as a win. After all, he had broken her arms, and even if he had been more beat up, he was able to have kept going.

The other was during his mission escorting the spice trader, later on, when he had gained a bit more experience with his abilities. He had felt a lot more confident there, the reality-bending power he had meaning he could make quick work of the bandits. He still remembered the trader’s face when he saw the aftermath. What was his name? Ah yes, Juro. He had seemed unsettled by the work. He supposed that’s why he had stopped his ninja training after the academy, enjoying his life of spices and travel a lot more.

In truth, Shiori had been thrilled during the fighting. He couldn’t explain it, but he felt more free, more liberated in those moments. The small struggle to be the best in the purest way. And, as he had fought, he had learnt, developed, improved. He was growing stronger, he knew it. He was eclipsed by the titans in front of him, but maybe, someday, he could match them.

As his mind went back to the strengths of the two senior ninja, he looked at Manzo, the man he would be spending his watch with. He was a small guy, Shiori was almost as tall as him, and must be quite a few years his junior. But if he was on this mission, he must be strong. Maybe he could learn something from him during their watch. There might be a few moments of peace to freely converse.

” Ok while those two get started with guarding, let's get some food. Personally I am thinking steak. Any objections?”

Shiori shook his head. He hadn’t had steak in over a year, before he had come to leaf, bundled into a ship’s hold, to their hovel they now inhabited. All he had been living off was thin stews, homemade flatbread, and leftovers from Suo’s. Those leftovers were a godsend, adding a small amount of mass to the boy’s slight frame. Once Manzo mentioned steak, he couldn’t get the thought out of his head. He was going to have it blue, like his brother Ichirou and his mother used to have. He hadn’t enjoyed it in the past, but he wanted to try it that way now.

“Sounds good to me. I reckon we can get some nice steaks with these cards.” He proffered the company card, with its untold riches. He could probably buy some other items whilst he was at it as well…

The group then began sharing bits about themselves, as per Manzo’s suggestion. He was unsure. Should he act like he did in the class, and twist his answers slightly? Simply give up the information? Manzo had framed it as a way for the team to work out their differing specialities and how to blend them together into a useful whole, one person making up for another’s weakness. It sounded innocent enough, he supposed. And he imagined that something would happen, seeing as the plant was so very important. It might be life or death information.

Manzo explained his specialisation in taijutsu. If he was a sword user, he might be able to help Shiori with a few of the new moves he had been learning. He would decide later on if he would cover by using his bread knife, or show him the ability he had. The ability to create a blade of pure energy. It was a useful power, but it might be more useful to keep it hidden, it might make people think he was unarmed. Deception could be very handy in future fights, Shiori had read in Takeshi’s survival pamphlet a week ago.

Shiori made his decision when Tsukiakari decided to share information about his own fighting style. If the mercenary was willing to share with a group of leaf shinobi, then there was no harm in Shiori doing the same. He smiled a bit, he was thinking of himself as a ninja, not as an academy student, a jumped up child. Tsukiakari seemed to focus on defence. That would be incredibly valuable here, Shiori thought. And he could use Genjutsu, something Shiori had a very limited grasp on. When he had finished, Shiori cleared his throat.

“I know I’m only a student, so I won’t be much use in a fight, but I fight mainly using my knife, and some vapour jutsu I have been practicing with recently. If anything happens, I’ll try and stay out of the way, though.”

With his explanation done, he carried on moving with the group, on the hunt for steak.

WC-1033 [1324]

Shirai Sadao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yukio listened to Takeshi as he gave the different roles to the team they had assembled for this missions, most of them were young and unexperienced which was not the best turnout for a high ranking missions but he was certain they could make it work. If worse came to worse it was just a matter of not getting in the way of those who could fight for themselves and Yukio knew that. If he tried to help in a fight of ninja at the level of his teacher he would only be a burden for them to protect.

Hearing that he would be relieving Megu in a brief time, he prepared himself mentally for taking watch alongside Takeshi it would be his first time alone with the seasoned Shinobi and wondered if there was anything he may want to talk to him about while he had a moment to speak.

Looking to Shiori as he came closer he sighed being glad he wasn’t the only one thinking they were batting a bit above their league coming on the mission following Shiori’s gaze over to Tsukaikari, Manzo and Takeshi whispering back to Shiori.

“We’re both thinking the same thing, I mean this is my first mission too and I can’t help but feel we’re causing some concern for the more seasoned vets here.”

He knew he had at least grown from the days before this mission, making sure that all the jutsu he knew were at a level he could at least defend himself if he had to and work with the other students, if anyone was going to have to fight together it would be them.

Wondering how Hiroshi felt about this he didn’t want the fact he hadn’t been on a mission yet let the others lose confidence in him and for all he didn’t want to seem like he was an upstart kid with something to prove but the fact of the matter was he would have to pull his weight in the right direction so everything would go smoothly.

He was somewhat pleased he had trained with the ANBU branch before this mission their more unique training method teaching him to expect the unexpected and never let your guard down until the enemy had been defeated with utmost certainty. Then he had his sparring match with Hiroshi which showed him that standing your ground and continuing the fight is not always the best way to go around completing a task.

The spar in question had also given him insight into the fighting abilities of one of his team mates and he felt Hiroshi would realise the same, giving them a better chance of being able to synch their jutsu with each other to fight as a unit rather than separate entities.

During the time he began to think through this he heard Manzo’s suggestion for steak, telling the truth he had never actually tried it before eating mostly rice and light food in his time at his old home so more time could be spent training and so he wouldn’t become greedy for certain foods. Nodding his head to the suggestion.

“Sounds good to me I’ve actually never had it before so it’ll be good to try something new. At least the cards will cover everything we need.”

After walking with them for a while longer Manzo suggested they speak about themselves and what they could do. He was expecting this moment, it would be handy for each of them to know what the others could do as he listened to Manzo and Tsukaikari speak about themselves, nodding to Manzo and tilting his head to Tsukaikari his explanation giving the basics of what he could do but then again he wasn’t expecting a full list of specialties which to him make sense.

Manzo described himself as a Taijutsu fighter something he could relate to and knowing he used a similar style gave Yukio a lot of what he needed to know, the only thing he was unfamiliar with was how armed fighting styles are performed.

Tsukaikari for all he was somewhat obscure about what he could do but seemed to specialize in all forms of Jutsu showing the experience that comes from being outside of a village. If anything happened he would be able to care for himself without question. Only after his second statement did his thought process change nodding in agreement, killing anyone that appeared to them would only cause more of a scene for all it accomplished the goal it didn’t help in the bigger picture. Then the ability of being able to use barriers and genjutsu made him somewhat excited as he wasn’t familiar with what they could do.

With that he turned his attention back to Shiori for all they had been in a few classes together he had never seen or asked about what he was capable of, he felt somewhat rude for not speaking to him more in fact and what he said made sense and lined up with what they had spoken of before seeing as they were students.

With each of their explanations over he had a general idea of what they could all do so far, between them they had the basics covered so far Ninjutsu, Genjutsu and Taijutsu each of them could cover one area only Hiroshi remained to tell what he could do. Though saying that the students there could cover some of these areas was hopeful at best, they would be a better shield at this point than actual fighters if anything were to happen.

“I specialise on unarmed Taijutsu and know Jutsu from water, wind and Mirror and i am a member of the Hyuuga clan so i can keep an eye out for anything. so I can do something though not much as Shiori said I’ll do my best not to get in the way if anything goes downhill”

With that he had said what he needed continuing to walk with the group to find this steak they spoke of while trying to stay as attentive as he could in case anything happened while they were out and about.

[WC: 1010]
[WT: 1379]

Seijin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
As the blue haired scientist left the shinobi to their own devices, he ducked away to his own particularly secluded dwellings. Though it was at the top of one of the taller buildings, he was able to look down on the city with the greatest of views. Taking his shoes off and then further taking off his coat, he put on his house slippers as he moved about his spacious penthouse. Passing by luxury furniture and his slippers making a soft noise along his costly wooden floors, the scientist went towards his home office as he closed the door behind him and drew the curtains closed despite it still being early midday. Turning around towards the large doors to the rooms closet, he opened it as the room was bathed in an eerie green light.

Before him was a large container with a floating yellow specimen in a bluish liquid. The yellow of the creatures fur and the blue color of the liquid gave the room its green hue, and no sooner had the scientist opened the doors, computers and assorted electronic devices began to beep and whir to life. Standing back and smiling, the scientist could barely contain his joy as he poured over readings about how the specimen was doing and what sort of feats it would soon be able to achieve. Though the creature was clearly sleep, the scientist spoke to it like it was alert and waiting for instructions.
"You've done well today, just as he told me that you would. Rest my friend, soon we'll take over this city, this country and maybe even the world." Nodding to himself with a firm conviction, the scientist packed up the instruments and turned them back to their sleeping state. He'd let them continue to monitor things while he went about the rest of his day. It was while he was passing by the door man to his building as he was moving to exit that he caught a passing conversation about a bank robbery in progress on the Western side of the city. Shaking his head, he continued on towards the office. his long lunch break was over for the day.

OOC: An alert has come over the airwaves that one of the larger banks on the Western side of Crisis City is in a hostage situation. While the mission is not tied to the bank robbery, you all are allowed to attempt to thwart it. For those choosing not to thwart the bank robbery, there will be a time skip to early evening of approximately 6 hours. What you will have done in that 6 hours is up to you. For those that wish to go after the robbers, there will be a response from me concerning it, just mark in your post at the bottom in an OOC note [Skip] for skipping the Bank Robbery or [Bank] for attempting to thwart it.

~Details~
Bank Name: Increase City Bank
Situation: Numerous hostages are being held up by a red haired female bank robber and her goons. The local Crisis City police are on the scene but aren't pushing the front and are instead trying to talk the robbers into letting the hostages go.

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeshi was walking with Megu as he listened to the younger student speak, taking in his words for a few seconds he allowed a smile to come to his lips. It was not sinister or forced it was just the truth of it. The boy seemed to want to know all the answers to the question and he was right to do so at his age. Everything was changing for them, they were adapting and becoming stronger. They needed to know the information, truly what the world could throw at them, and it seemed Megu was already trying to get as much information as possible.

“Hmm, well how to sum that one up in a nut shell. See there are things in this world called Kinjutsu. Also known as a dark or forbidden technique. Since you asked and I said you could ask any question I will answer it the best of my abilities. I will not try and get your head round it or sugar coat the whole thing to say the least”

Pondering how to word it right, and how to explain it Takeshi continued to walk with Megu, the two of them turned the corner of the roads and twisted threw the city. Stopping at food shops and of course each one seemed to be offering some sort of food, he knew that the kid was hungry, and he didn’t blame him. The power plant was there mission, but this stroll they had time to stop and grab some food. He was willing to bet anything that Megu would appreciate the small pit stop as well.

“Right, so try to explain it as easy as possible. I am able to create an army of undead, Zombies, Bone Giants…. Even bring dead Shinobi into a fight to fight for my side. It’s dark I know and I don’t expect you to understand fully. Just know that this ability is only ever used in times of need. I fight to protect the village and keep student’s safe. It’s not a nice ability but it I use it for good reasons”

Takeshi wonders how Megu would take all that information that was being passed to him, it seemed a lot to take in at once. Being told that the person you trusted to be taught by knew such a cruel ability was certainly an issue to say the least. Of course, it came with responsibilities and he knew that all that training had paid off for the team that he had been given, each of them ready to fight and prove themselves.

“I know it’s probably a lot to take in, but hell you will come to a point when you will understand what things exist in this world. Megu….the point I am trying to make, even though this ability might sound horrifying.”

Takeshi stopped for a second as he ordered a pizza, before the box was handed over it would probably seem like a life time of waiting for the younger academy member. He knew this but what could be done about it, after all food was food and they were both staring at that moment. As the Pizza was given to Megu he turned and continued to walk towards the power plant, paying for the meal form his own card that had been given to him. It was normal for a teacher to pay for students food but this time it was free for both of them kind of a bonus moment. Takeshi thought for a few seconds before resuming his conversation trying not to keep Megu waiting to long.

“Ah right back to it. Listen some abilities seem dark, twisted and horrible. If I teach you one thing Megu, even if I fall, or am not around. I want you to remember this moment and these words. Take them to heart and use them how you will but they are the truth. Shinobi use their abilities for good or evil. The ability itself is not good or evil, the actions of that person that has that power is. Remember that and learn from it. Make yourself stronger if you want and prove that you stand for what you believe in.”

He had finally answered the question that was given to him, though it may have not been in the right ay he still had managed to answer that question. As they were walking a buzz came through as an emergency call when out. Cursing under his breath the Uchiha listened to the words that were being spoken, pondering on them for a few seconds before he turned and ran forward beckoning Megu to follow him and quickly. He had picked up speed and already was into what would be considered a full run before the blink of an eye could have been made.

“This is Takeshi and Megu, on route and responding to the call. Anyone else please feel free to meet at the Bank, I will be arriving shortly meet there and we will deal with this situation. Remember team work will get this job done quicker. Over and out”

The words came free from his voice as the two of them headed straight to where the issue was happening. He knew that it would be interesting to see what would be taking place, and of course to make sure that he represented the village in the best way possible. As his footsteps echoed down the street he wondered if Megu would be ready but passed that though free from his mind, the two of them headed with speed straight down to the incident that was taking place.

“Megu, whatever we come across we will face as a team, both of us working together will get this solved quickly and efficiently. No point holding matters up by arguing and getting in each others way, you are my team mate and I am yours. Please remember that for what we are about to find. Saving of civilians comes first and always will, you ready?”

[Bank]

Kato Hana

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Manzo listened to each of their responses. He was most encouraged by the students responses. They seemed to understand that they had the potential to become liabilities on a mission ranked this high. Too many times students think they can take on the world, only to find that the world hit back much harder than they could have ever imagined. Their skills could still be put to use but just the simple self awareness that they possessed spoke volumes on their maturity as well as their training. Manzo was less concerned that they would charge into battle trying to take on something that was bigger than they were.

That was Manzo’s job, he liked his job.

At least he hoped that they wouldn’t, the problem was at least two of them had expressed a taijutsu fighting style, which if they used that would put them into the thick of any fight. Manzo wondered how well he would be able to protect them if it came to that.

Tsukiakari seemed to have a good head on his shoulders as well. In a fight it sounded like he would be a good person to back him up, which was always a good thing. He liked the comments about playing defensive though he wasn’t sure how realistic that would be if they were attacked. It was important to protect the civilians as well as the power plant but if they could eliminate the threat quickly that tended to also have the same effect.

Deciding to address the students that had spoken up ”Well as I said I am pretty handy with a sword and unarmed, after this is over if you need any help working on any techniques I would be happy to help.” He had not spent much time teaching but that did not mean he could not help if they needed it. Manzo felt it was the duty of the older generations to help the younger one.

Just as they reached the steak house the call came out about the hostage situation. Manzo almost felt bad for the poor saps that picked this time to rob the bank. To many shinobi were standing around he suspected that more than just one would go to help just to see a little bit of action. He carefully considered the spending card that would offer him one of the nicest meals he has had in a long time, but while it was carefully considered it was still fleeting. His honor would not let a hostage perhaps sit in harm's way when he could possible do something about it.

” The mission has not started and personally I have a few hours before my guard shift. I am going to see if I can help out with this situation. As the mission has not started you are free to come with me or you can continue on to get something to eat.” He wanted to stress that this was not part of the mission so their free will and conscious dictated their actions this night.

”If you want to come with me speak up now, otherwise i would say if you are on this mission you are nearly gennin which means you are free do as you wish with your down time. Just be sure to show up for your guard shift.

Manzo would see who was going to go with him before he headed out to the bank.

As he approached the crime scene he would slip in amongst the police to observe the situation before speaking up. ”What can I do to help?”

[WC 607]
[TWC 1266]
[Bank]

Naru Hiroshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hiroshi had the uncomfortable feeling that the group which had been assembled to complete this mission was somewhat underpowered, but even so he was hopeful that they would all prove to be more than up to the challenge. He listened as the plan was laid out by the older, more experienced ninja, and found his stomach growling as he realised he had foregone his last meal in an attempt to not be late and still get some studying in.

The life of a student, always trying to impress.

“I hope we haven’t bitten off more than we can chew, guys. I reckon if anything goes down, we’re going to be in the way.”

Hiroshi surreptitiously turned his head, trying to keep on listening to the wider conversation while also listening to the conspiratorial whisperings of his friend. Before the youth had a chance to reply the other member of the trio of remaining students whispered as well, imparting his own thoughts upon Hiroshi and Shiori.

“We’re both thinking the same thing, I mean this is my first mission too and I can’t help but feel we’re causing some concern for the more seasoned vets here.”

Hiroshi looked around at the older members of the group and had to admit that Yukio had a point; they did seem somewhat perturbed by the appearance of this group of students and were more than a bit concerned about how they would handle themselves, and whether they would get in the way. In truth, the Sunaku couldn’t blame them for being cautious about the number of youths on the team, but by that same token he knew that every one of the student’s that was taking part in the mission would do everything that they could to contribute and help with the success of the group’s endeavour.

”Either way, we are here because we want to help, and as long as there is something that we can do then we will do it. This isn’t a game, and we know that. Hopefully soon the rest of these guys will see that we aren’t just here for a day off from school.”

The boy smiled wryly as he turned his attention back to the larger conversation that was going on around him. He would be paired with one of the stronger members of the team, and it looked as though they would be the final pair to take on guard duty which suited the boy perfectly fine; he was in no rush to make an embarrassment of himself in front of these strangers, even less so his friends. As Hiroshi cringed at the mental images that flashed through his head which depicted him making a fool of himself in various ways, his attention was brought fully back to the fore by the mention of steak, and he had to work hard not to look too enthusiastic. Instead, the young boy adopted the appearance of serene disinterest, although he doubted very much whether the act would have fooled anyone who bothered to examine it.

Members of the group, along with agreeing to the idea of steak being a good one, began to explain the ways in which they fought and their individual strengths and weaknesses. Hiroshi felt the saliva that had flooded his mouth at the mention of steak seem to dissipate at the prospect of explaining how it was that he chose to fight. ‘Flailing about and hoping I hit something’ didn’t seem like the best response, and definitely not one that would inspire confidence in anyone who might have to work with him and stand beside him in battle, and the silver-haired youth began to wrack his brain as he tried to come up with a suitable descriptor of his fighting style. He heard his friend Shiori talk about how he fought, and found himself admiring his friend’s apparent ease at talking about how he goes about the business of fighting.

I want that confidence, maybe it’s time to push myself more in that respect?

Even as Hiroshi was thinking this, he heard Yukio speak up about his own style and abilities and, having seen them first hand, Hiroshi had to admit that the eye pun the boy made was quite well done. The duo had fought in preparation for the battles which they knew they would face as shinobi working for Leaf, and the combat had been intense and gruelling. While Hiroshi had successfully knocked out his opponent on the day, he knew that it was more down to luck than technique and following the bout had redoubled his efforts to improve himself and become stronger. Day after day he had poured himself with a single minded focus into becoming the strongest version of himself that he could be, and he hoped that he would be able to contribute in some small way to the success of this mission and prove how effective he could be out in the field.

Come on, time to speak up and share your story.

”I focus on sand jutsu mainly, with some fire as back up and I am more or less entirely ninjutsu based. I operate better slightly away from the main lines, as I’m not overly gifted with the use of taijutsu, although I know how to throw a punch.”

Having finally found his voice, the young boy felt the butterflies that had threatened to burst from his stomach vanish as though they were never there. He felt himself relaxing with every step he took with the group towards their destination and its delicious steak-y prize. One of the older ninjas spoke up, offering his services for teaching the youngsters any tips or techniques that they might find useful, and Hiroshi felt as though some of the group were starting to lose some of their doubts with regards to the younger members of the team. It was a warm feeling, and one that he very much appreciated.

The group’s final approach to the steak house was interrupted by a call coming through about a bank heist and some hostages being taken not far away, and the young boy’s heart sank slightly. While a large part of him wanted to plant his fingers firmly in his ears, ignore the plight of these strangers and grab himself some food, he also knew that he wouldn’t be able to live with himself if he might have been able to do something to help other people and had been selfish and chosen to ignore it. The man who had offered to teach the student’s spoke up, explaining that he would be going to help the hostage situation and how he had come to this decision before offering an ultimatum of sorts to the group. Hiroshi found his voice and spoke, quelling any signs of disappointment at skipping a good meal as much as he could.

”I don’t know how much I will help, but I want to do whatever I can to assist so I’ll be coming with you. If any of you decide not to go, grab me a to-go bag from the restaurant so I have something to snack on when I get on watch.”

Hiroshi would wait with Manzo for any other people to join them before heading on to the bank, and waiting to hear what sort of a plan would be thought up to deal with the situation.

WC – 1235
Total WC – 1591
[Bank]

Megumareta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Megu stuck close to Takeshi as the two wandered through the city, on their way to guard duty.The words Takeshi spoke sounded out in Megu's mind as he considered what Takeshi had said. He hadn't really thought about how it was the user that made a power or ability evil, not the power that corrupted the user, but it made sense it his mind. Luckily It turned out that even on a mission Takeshi was still in teaching mode, as he revealed to him what Kinjutsu's were, as well as outlining what his own was. Although Megu had seen a lot during his brief stint as a ninja so far but what Takeshi spoke of really was something else indeed.

Can he really create an army of zombies? And what even is a bone giant? But bringing dead shinobi back to life... he wasn't joking when he said that this is a dark power.

"That's... that's incredible."

As Takeshi mentioned this Megu's thoughts immediately sprang to his father who had been killed years previously in a gas explosion that destroyed their restaurant. Every time he thought of his father he felt a deep pain in his chest, the same pain he felt every time he saw his mother find one of his fathers possessions tucked away in a cupboard, or a lost jumper hidden under the bed.

If I learnt something like that I could see my dad again. But at what cost?

As young as Megu was he knew that things in life very rarely came for free, but this was definitely something he wanted to speak to Takeshi about. His thoughts had taken over and before he realsied where they even were a pizza was placed in his hands. He looked up at Takeshi and smiled, grateful for both the lesson and the free food. As they continued walking he decided that he trusted Takeshi, enough to reveal what had really been bothering.

"I'm a Kaguya."

The words left his mouth in a burst before he'd even had time to decide what he actually wanted to say. He looked down at his feet, clutching the warm pizza box to his chest, the hunger briefly forgotten.

"Apparently it's an inherited ability in my blood but no one in my family have ever really spoken about this, or aren't around to ask anymore. I can extend the bones out through my skin, or even take them out and use them as weapons."

For a moment he considered showing Takeshi what he'd been practicing recently where he extended the bones of his fingers out into sharp claws, before realising that for one even though people were out of earshot, they'd still be able to see. More importantly though it was crazy hard to hold a pizza without shredding it when your hands had razorlike shards protruding from your fingers.

"I showed my brother once and he said that I'm a freak. That people like me are hunted down and killed and I shouldn't tell anyone. I don't want to hide who I am and it's been really useful so far, but I'm worried how others will react. What do you think I should do? Were you ever worried about how people would react?"

He'd finished his little piece and kept silent, awaiting any advice that Takeshi may offer.

Suddenly their earpieces sprang into life and Takeshi answered, stating that they were both on their way to the scene. He pushed their previous conversation from his mind as they changed their pace.

"Takeshi, what about guard duty? I want to help but I don't want to leave the station unguarded. I'm with you though."

As much as he'd love to represent the Village freeing innocents and saving lives he was slightly concerned about the job they'd been given. They picked up pace and Megu stayed beside Takeshi, slightly behind allowing him to take lead in both the decision and the direction their mission was taking.

MFT-663
Total wc: 1988
[Bank]

Shirai Sadao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yukio kept walking with the group as he listened to the rest speak of their abilities and talents they all had potential in some areas and could cover the weak spots any of them had picking up on Manzo's mention of being able to use unarmed Taijutsu and his offer to tutor anyone wishing to advance in that area putting it into the back of his mind for later, looking over to Hiroshi as he spoke to them.

”Either way, we are here because we want to help, and as long as there is something that we can do then we will do it. This isn’t a game, and we know that. Hopefully soon the rest of these guys will see that we aren’t just here for a day off from school.”

He had to agree with his team mate to a degree for all they had to try not to be a hindrance it was also a chance to show they could be useful and had potential in all kinds of situations.

“Agreed as it stands I think we can show we aren’t just bystanders to stay on the side-lines with it counts.”

As he moved on to speak of his abilities, for Yukio they needed no introduction being on the receiving end of his sand based jutsu had been more than a memorable experience to say the least and he couldn’t help but rub his side remembering where he’d taken the last hit sighing slightly at the passing memory.

Seeing the steak house ahead of them helped take his mind of the seriousness of the situation even if only for a moment for all they were on a mission he found it healthy to not be so tense about it lest such actions lead to distraction or paranoia. If he started seeing things that weren’t there because he was becoming stressed then that would more than prove himself a liability to the mission at hand.
Just as he was about to step in with the others hopeful to try something new he heard the announcement something was going on at the bank and it was nearby at that. Hearing this he had a choice to make, His watch with Takeshi would be in an hour and a half and was rather important at that, but if he went and left this alone he doubted he would be able to call himself a true Shinobi shortly after hearing Manzo speak.

”If you want to come with me speak up now, otherwise I would say if you are on this mission you are nearly gennin which means you are free do as you wish with your down time. Just be sure to show up for your guard shift.”

Seeing the others react by following suit it was all but decided at that point what they should do. If anything his Hyuuga bloodline would be useful in a situation like this his eyes able to see in more detail than the average individual and would be able to pick out specific people in potential chaos as he went to follow Manzo and Hiroshi towards the bank.
Using the short time on the way there he wondered who else would follow, the more of them who turned up the easier it would be to finish this decisively and quickly in order to return to their original objective without much hindrance.

Arriving at the scene he immediately activated his Byakugan taking a position beside Manzo as he spoke to the officers paying more attention to the bank and surrounding area to make sure there weren’t any additional suspicious activities going on in the general area trying to locate the robbers and any hostages there may be.

Using his sight to pay attention to the bank he kept his hearing focused on the conversation Manzo was having any additional information they could gain from this would be more than helpful in resolving the situation.

[WC:660]
[WT: 2039]

[Bank]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back