Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Zone 4 [Mission]

Kato Hana

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As the debris cloud finally subsided Manzo was finally able to take a breath. He may be quick but ninjutsu was far from his specialty. He was concerned that he might not be able to protect the students from the force of nature that had been coming towards them. Threats coming living things. That he was confident about. Forces of nature, that tended to spread out over an area that he was not normally equipped to deal with.

Fortunally between all of the defenses that he and Takeshi had been able put up everyone appeared to be safe. He filled a note in his head to come back to this police chief and explain in full detail how he had screwed up and nearly cost everyone their lives.

He watched as the students sent their clones in to help the survivors. He was tempted to do the same but he was confident that any enemy survivors that were inside the building would either not be coming towards them or would be taken care of by Maki. An explosion that big served a bank robbery no good. In fact was about the opposite of a good idea for a bank robbery. Which mean this was likely to be a diversion. They needed to be elsewhere, which also meant that the police could actually do some work and help the innocents. At this point, it was going to be a numbers game. The more people there to help could help move debris and get innocent people to safety. The team was anything but a large force and far to specialize to handle this.

Hearing Takeshi task him with protecting the students and listening to his other orders it sounded like he had come to a similar conclusion. ” Megu, Yukio stay close. If you want to help people, you can keep using your clones but we need to be ready to move. Let the police handle the bulk of the rescue work.“ Saying this he reached his headset, not knowing that Sera was with Shiori ” Shiori the situation has changed and the dinner break is over. I hope you got something good to eat, it is time to go to work. Go ahead and meet back up with us. Be cautious moving through the city. There is likely to be pandemonium. If you run into any trouble let us know and we will come get you”

If either of the students tried to rush into the bank he would use his Quicksilver step to wrangle them up again.

Hearing Takeshi saying that wanted to move to the power plant Manzo could only agree with him.

”Blowing up the bank makes no sense for a bank robbery. This has to be a diversion for something bigger. We were hired to take care of the power plant which means there is a big enough reason to protect it. It looks like all of the police are here at the bank leaving any and every other target open for attack.“ He spoke partly to agree with Takeshi and partly because he wanted the students to understand his, and he suspected Takeshi’s, mindset. This may be an S ranked mission for them but students should be taking every opportunity to learn to become a better shinobi. If this mission went how he suspected, this day would be a heck of a learning experience for them. It might even be enough to make them into gennin.

”Remember we are all going home after this mission is over. Let me take the hits if need be, that is what I am here for. Or even better let Takeshi’s friends draw the ire of anyone that we come across. That is why he brings them. “ He told the students with a smile on his face. He may be missing out on some good food but he was determined to have fun tonight.

When Maki would join back up with the group he would ask him. ”Did you make inside the bank before things went to hell? What happened in there?“

[TWC 3111]

Shirai Sadao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yukio was more than a bit nervous as the wave of rubble came towards him; he was not one to have many barrier or defensive jutsu to stop something of his calibre though he did have one trick up his sleeve. It wasn’t required seeing Takeshi and Manzo react almost instantly caught him off guard as the two formed a barrier between him and the debris.

He appreciated it more than they knew this blocking allowing him to save some of his own Chakra in case things weren’t over or some of those inside the bank still needed help in any way he could provide. As Manzo spoke his words made sense doing anything more here would prove counterproductive to the mission they were actually here for, and the power plant would be more than tempting if this was a distraction for the Shinobi.

“Understood, I will leave the clone here for the time being to see if it can find anything else in the area. Never know what these eyes of mine will pick up”

It made sense in his mind the two areas could be completely unrelated but on the off chance they weren’t it was better to keep the clone there just to make sure. Another bonus of keeping the clones around would be to make a good impression for the village considering the police’s reaction to this event being less than favourable. Maybe this way they could get a few points back with them at least on their part.

He moved to join the group of his fellow students and peers but kept his eyes active, he was on edge to say the least taking for granted the risks associated with a mission of this scale even just doing something for the town like this would have cost him dearly had his tutor and companions not been here.

The clone joined Megu’s by Maki within the bank looking back to the them its eyes wandering the area as it scans around.

“We can say this is a royal mess but at least with us here we can possibly find anyone still stuck and or alive in this place, at least the damage has been reduced by a great deal you are truly skilled”

It looks directly to maki though still using the power of the Hyuuga to join Megu in keeping an eye out for any more traps or people who may have less than respectable intensions towards them, the last thing they needed while trying to help civilians out of the debris was to have someone try stab them in the back.

“Mega as for our eyes and ears think we should still keep an eye on things in a more literal matter though how long we can keep ourselves here is another matter, need to be careful in case something greater draws our attention.”

[WT: 3632]

Seijin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Fortunately for the shinobi, the police chief had a good second in command because the man promptly fainted from all the excitement and with the fire department and paramedics arriving on the scene in short order, there was little reason for them to be there. Following the commands of the the group leader, the shinobi soon were off, and whether by default or by design, somebody thought that it would be a great idea to take a taxi cab instead of actually just running to and doing that general gravity defying shinobi teleportation (that really wasn't teleportation) thing that shinobi were known for. In what seemed like an almost comedic relief moment, the shinobi soon found themselves in evening rush hour traffic trying to get back to the city. After almost an hour in the large taxi-cab van that had picked them up, the driver began to honk his horn wildly in hopes of getting to the center of the city quicker. Unfortunately, it did none of them any good.

OOC: Comedic relief moment . . . you all are stuck in a taxi cab (van) in rush hour traffic . . . yes is just a way to beef up those post counts.

Megumareta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Megu had rushed towards his teammate, eager to offer any resistance he could, but was surprised and impressed to find that his colleague was fine. His clones entered to scout the building but found very little. None of it really made sense to Megu.

Why would someone try to rob a bank then try to blow it up? Unless...

His heart almost stopped as he heard on of his fellow Leafies speaking between themselves and the broken remnants of the police force.

Oh course! The bank power station! I wonder if this was their intention all along to draw us away from our duty.

As much as a distraction made sense, Medu couldn't help but wonder how a power plant could be more valuable than a bank. He had little concept of the true value of technological advancements, but what he could grasp the concept of was cold, hard cash. He ordered his clones to continue scouting the area, using his transformation jutsu in an effort to make them look more like police than ninja. If something happened then hopefully the clones would be able to ake him aware, and if not then they could continue to assist the police in any way they could, even if it was just handing out a mixture of water and reassuring pats on the head to the civilians caught up in the blast.

Before long ambulances and firemen filled the area as order was resumed once again as they moved on to their next task, a race against time to guard the power plant. What had begun as a race against time had soon dropped to below a snails pace after someone had the wise idea of taking a taxi to their destination. Several Shinobi fresh from battle crammed into such a small space was something Megu would go to great lengths to avoid in the future. With a sigh he opened the window of the taxi, the cool air bringing at least some relief. As he turned back into the taxi he looked around at their little group, suddenly realising that even after the promise of more food than his greedy little mitts could get their hands upon, he'd somehow missed dinner again. His stomach growled as he felt around his pockets for any snacks, or even a little bit of water. Confusion mixed with annoyance gripped his face as he realised that for the first time in his short little life he hadn't brought any car snacks with him. One of the perks of working at Suo's was the constant provision of a whole boatload of food types. He sometimes wondered whether Suo made too much food so his three little prodigies could take some home with them at the end of the day. Thought of Shioiri and Hiroshi made him realise that he hadn't seen or heard from them in what felt like weeks. Shiori had stayed with the group, but was not currently with them, and Hiroshi? That one he couldn't figure out one bit.

Stifling a yawn he once more looked around the car. The sound of the driver honking was making his head pound.

"Does anyone have any food? I kind of dropped my pizza when the bank exploded."

He once more looked out of the window and after a few minutes he noticed an old man with a cart walking from car to car.

What is he even doing this is ridiculous? Why would yoube trying to sell things to people stu-OH MY GOD HE'S SELLING FOOD.

"Over here! Hey!"

The old man turned with a grin as he rushed his little cart over, a bump nearly overturning it as he hastened to the boy. He could smell a sell and a car full of Shinobi would do his wallet a world of good.

"What can I get you boys? Meat treats, sweet treat, pickeled beets? I have some cold food, hot food, put you in a good mood! You don't like sweet? You want salty? Come and try old Nobu's balti!"

As the cart approached Megu's senses were almost overwhelmed with spice and the variety of flavour in front of him.

"I'll have the balti please! And some bread as well. Guys do you want anything it smells great?"

"300 yen or 2 for 500 if anyone else wants a bowl of anything hmmm?"

Megu admired the mans patter and was half tempted to offer him a job at Suo's. He'd wait for a second before receiving a spicy bowl of meat with a curried sauce, a weird unleavened bread to dip perched precariously on the side. The sauce was heavy with the taste of chilli, but with the occasional sweet currant that Megu hadn't often had before.

He sat contently and ate, wondering whether any of the others would succumb to the mans charms.

wc:807
total wc: 4316

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeshi sat down and listened to the talks, it was weird to consider that they were now all stuck in the same situation, though the sound of honking was irritating the Uchiha quickly, he knew that it was just the hustle and bustle of the traffic that was there. It was becoming irritating that they had managed to get themselves stuck in what would be considered the hell of the city traffic and that much was to say the least in this situation, as he glanced at the group that had just gone through an experience as a team it was safe to say that they needed to get to their destination.

Takeshi’s attention was instantly turned to the sound of Megu ordering food it was clear that the boy was hungry he didn’t blame him at that moment, it was of course the day that they had not expected. Things had quickly changed and situations had thrown them into difficult decisions that much was clear. Though right now they needed to keep themselves prepared he would not scold the boy for trying to order some food, it wasn’t exactly like they were moving in this journey he smirked slightly.

“Here Megu, this is on me for anyone that wants food, I will be paying for it. It’s the least I can do for the team so make sure that you are able to get what you want people. I suggest everyone takes this chance as it’s the only time I will ever pay for something now considering you are all about to move out of the student life, it’s weird since the first time I met you guys to now you have all grown in strength it is something that is quite amazing honestly and something I am proud of.”

Takeshi declined the offer of food but still produced the cash out to cover those that wanted food, the traffic was killing them slightly and right now they needed to make sure that everything was being completed on time. Though getting to their destination seemed to be proving more of a problem than was expected, but what could they do. They hit rush hour after a disaster one that he was still annoying him was the actions of the police, they had of course. It was a simple mess at the best other times it could be described as a complete accident, but they had done their best and that much was sure. Though what the future would hold for this team was still to be seen as they had not managed to head in with the main actions of the mission. They needed to make sure the job was completed but Takeshi still had an offer to give those that were in the taxi with them and it seemed the best time to do so.

“For each of you that pass this task, complete the mission and reap the rewards of this task, I have another offer for you and that one is simple. You will be welcome into the ANBU branch, this goes no further than those inside of the taxi as this offer is one not given lightly. Each of you have proven yourselves in one way or another and have potential inside of the branch that much I am sure of. As such I will make sure that you are given a fair chance, to learn develop and create yourselves inside of the branch inside of leaf. This offer can be thought on at the end of the mission come to me with what your decision is and we will go from there.”

Takeshi allowed his words to resonate around the taxi as he offered them the chance, the honking of cars and constant sound of noise from the busy streets meant this would not be overheard by anyone outside but to all those that have been offered the job inside. It would be the end of the day that this offer would come out of course. Knowing full well that this offer would have to sink in he went silent as he looked outside, still paying for the food that would be brought he smiled at the students and members of this team that had come together to answer the call of this mission that had been set out by the Hokage.

“It seems that all of us are working out best here, I look forward to seeing the team complete this mission and know that each of you have the potential here to make sure everything works out well in the end. I have no doubt of your abilities. Just remember that working as a team we can easily complete this mission of course, so let’s see what happens. Besides Megu enjoy the food man it smells great at least.”

Sara on the other hand was having a much more of a quiet trip, it seemed that even with all the commotion that had taken place they had managed to finally meet up as a group, she glanced over to Takeshi as he spoke allowing a small roll of her eyes to come across, though it wasn’t viable to many of the people in the taxi. Of course, it would be better for her to keep quiet rather than making sure that they constantly talked besides she knew it was not her place to talk of course.

Interesting offer that you gave their Takeshi, one that might pay off but we shall see at the end of this mission, of course they still must prove themselves in all the matters and manners that will come their way. We are far from out of the woods I just hope Takeshi can keep them well here.

Sitting silently, they waited for the answer to come but of course that was something that only time would tell, this much was clear. Sitting in silence the pause in noise was interrupted by the sound of a horn blaring off in the distance that much was from the driver once more getting impatient.

[TWC:7000 + (Hit the Mission Requirement)]

Shirai Sadao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yukio kept eyes on the area staying for a short time until somewhat certain the area was clear allowing his clone to disperse, it wasn't much of a chakra loss while the clone was active however without knowing what would happen in the future of this mission it was safer to allow the authorities to finish clearing up the area and conserve his energy just in case the worst happened and either his assistance or a quick escape was required.

Shifting his gaze back towards Megu and the others he breathed a sigh of relief seeing they were both ok, a miracle to say the least considering the amount of debris that were headed their way but that was just a testament to the competence and power of the Shinobi present here the young Yukio knowing that their fast reactions and quick thinking under pressure would be what took them through this mission in relative safety but letting his guard down would be a risk he wasn't willing to take. Even with his inexperience there was always something he could do if required too.

Though not much could be done in haste as they were filed into a taxi quickly becoming stuck in the heavy traffic of the city as he leaned against the window gazing out to the city outside and the other vehicles by their sides. He wasn't used to such crowded areas being from outside the main village it was new to him to see so much activity in a small area of the city though it didn't bother him to much his focus was elsewhere at this time.

He was brought out of his daydream by Megu the smell of food filling his nostrils as he tilted his head over to him, with Takeshi's offer to pay for any food it was tempting to get something though raising his hand Yukio shook his head.

"I'll be alright for the time being, I think I've had my fill from that bank incident so i'll eat once we complete this mission. It'll have a much more rewarding feeling that way all things considered."

He wasn't lying with everything that had happened he had somewhat lost his appetite excitement wasn't the best intensive to eat afterwards though Takeshi's next statement put a smile on his face. acknowledgement that he had grown as a Shinobi but also as a person there was so much he didn't know before entering the academy and started taking missions, the sensation was somewhat strange the think back on.

His next words however were not something he had a real choice on the weight of them feeling heavy in the air, joining the ANBU branch it was something he had wanted for the longest time making his intentions clear upon becoming a ninja however in exchange for his curse seal now settled under his shirt Yukio had already made the deal to join the branch regardless. Though it didn't bother him too much it was still something he had to keep in mind with everything going on simply turning to look back out the window in thought.

Completing the mission, that was the next thing on his mind for all he had expected it to be done the time it would take to do it was rather up in the air. Who knew what other variables they would come across in this place as his eyes gazed across the individuals outside. Saying he had trust issues would not be the case though he was rather tense in case something else unexpected should come their way.

He didn't speak much throughout the trip to the plant, seeming to be deep in though most of the time only shifting his eyes slightly to watch the conversations his team mates may have while stuck in this predicament.

[WC: 640]
[WT: 4272]

Kato Hana

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was frustrating to say the least, all of them crammed into the taxi like it was a clown car, waiting in traffic knowing that they needed to be at their target location, well now. But there was nothing that could be done about it. Manzo in particular was feeling antsy, he was used to moving a speed rivaled only by the gods, only to find that he was being slowed down to the speed of mortals. Is this how normal people lived their lives? To think this could have been him if not for a twist of fate opening his eyes and his heritage to what was unlocked deep inside him.

Sitting in the car he could only think about the event that had transpired this evening. Why had they blown up the bank. Was it because they were about to be caught and their ruse was coming to an end? That just made it look even more like a ruse. If they had stayed to fight they could have dragged out their ruse even longer.

”No matter what happens now, “ Manzo said to the students ”I want you to know that you did a good job out there. It was quick thinking, playing to your strengths. Just because you don’t have the power that Takeshi has doesn't mean you can’t help out, as you showed today at the bank.“

As Megu hailed the food stand, Manzo’s stomach began to growl. He had almost forgotten that they were on their way to get dinner when they had been sidetracked but the bank job. He was not going to pass up an opportunity to eat. Particularly if his Sennin wanted to pay for it. He did not really technically offer to pay for Manzo’s food since he was not a student but so he would pull out his money just in case Takeshi decided that he did not want to pay for his food. After all he did make enough money at his current rank to afford some quick road side fast food. ”If I can pass on one thing I have learned over my years is never pass up an opportunity to get some sleep or get some food. Partially when you are on a mission. The opportunities come far to few and sleep and food deprivation will do nothing to help your mission. Not that i think this mission will go that far, just something to think about in the future. “ He said as he began to eat the bowl of food. It was tasty. Maybe not as tasty as the steak they were planning on getting, but he was hungry and food right now always was better than food you could have had. ”This was a good choice Megu. I hope that Shiori enjoyed his dinner, at least I hope he was able to eat before things went down tonight. As loud as that explosion was I wouldn’t be surprised if the entire city heard, and felt it for that matter. “ It did not take long before Manzo’s bowl was empty

Takeshi then gave the students an opportunity to join the ANBU corps. He could do far worse than inducting these two into the corps but Manzo was a bit surprised to hear the offer in the back of the cab. Strange that it may be but he was the Sennin and that was his prerogative. It seemed to be a bit of an open secret on who was in the corps anyway.

Trying to think of ways to pass the time he turned to Takeshi. ”Are your friends going to join us tonight? I haven’t seen Sera since our spar, really wonder if her opinion of me changed from her first initial impressions.“ He truly did not understand Takeshi’s power, nor did he really want to, those were secrets that he could keep. Manzo still had a bitter taste in his mouth from being called a puppy though.

[MFT]
TWC:3788

Kairyuu

Supreme Leader Bone #9513
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Maki was not happy to go from being exhausted, to being exhausted and crowded suddenly. He looks around as he realizes he couldn’t remember how they even got in this situation, then frowns at the others. ”Hey if we’re ordering food, someone get me a steak and some potatoes. And something with sugar.” That said, he slumps back and closes his eyes, letting rest take over.

(Sorry for the late/crappy post. Work moved me to night shift and has been destroying my brain and free time. If my being this late or the post not being up to par is an issue feel free to remove me and say Mak passed out or something.)

Seijin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Landing in the middle of the laboratory, the woman took in deep breathes in between gasp for air. Behind her, others started to appear as they quickly made light work of clearing the floor. Looking around for who she was attempting to meet, the woman walked walked up to the glass room that Ao was doing his experiments in and tapped on the glass. Turning around, he looked shocked at first but eventually put down his experiment and walked out of the room, taking off his protective gear. Smiling, Aka called her team to attention with a snap of her fingers and motioned them to get closer to her to hear what she had to say. "It's time for us to blow this joint! The block is hot and our allies in the South are calling all to the ready." Growing concerned looks on their faces, the group behind her began to look around nervously before some began to shake their heads and shrug. They were willing to live and die at the side of their glorious leader.

Speaking up however, Ao held up a finger as he had one small request.
"Before we leave, let me run by my apartment and grab something. I simply cannot leave without it!" Meanwhile, Takeshi and the team made it back to their post in enough time to do their watch for the night. It was short, it was simple, and it was to the point. Things seemed to go off without a hitch and when it was all said and done, Konoha was granted permission to use the nuclear power plant in their future expansion plans. Interestingly enough, the initial man who was supposed to be their transport didn't show up to escort them out when the mission was all said and done. In fact, no one had seen him at all after his shift had ended. While their mission was to deal primarily with him concerning their affairs, they did complete the objective . . . somewhat. Whatever the case, Konoha wouldn't complain overly much about their failure to complete things. Sometimes, things just happened and time ran out.

OOC: Grrr, didn't want to drag this out. Sorry folks . . . that 7k just seemed monumental to reach at the current rate. Mission ended as of this post. Go ahead and post leaving the topic/city.
OOC #2: Failed rewards for all . . . that's 11,250 yen and 42 ASP
OOC #3: Megumi given AiT status. (Yukio already gained his, not sure about the rest. Takeshi can RP who else gets it).
OOC #4: Konoha gained access to an energy efficient nuclear power plant for expansion goals.

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeshi allowed himself to look at the others, it seemed that the day was done right now and the work had been completed. Though it had not gone to plan they still had managed to achieve something and that was at least a small fact in this situation. As he allowed himself sigh slightly as he looked around at the group knowing full well that they had done their best, that was all he could ask for from them to be honest and he expected them to do their best. At least they had managed that much and he had no issue with that.

“For those of you that wish to join the rank of ANBU please feel free to do so, you have proven yourself and the offer for the position is there if you indeed wish to join. Other than that, I am sure I will catch some of you around soon, knowing full well that the future will only improve from this point forward. Expect to have to push yourselves to the limit in the future”

With that being said Takeshi allowed himself to turn around and walk away, deciding to head home right now and make sure that everything was ok back there. He allowed a small smile to come to his lips as he looked back. Wondering what potential, he had seen what they could do in the future, this seemed to be a slow progression for the group. But progress was always going to be slow even he knew this one, he just hopped they reached their potential.

[Topic Left]

Kato Hana

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Despite all the activity for the night before it seemed that their guard shift was uneventful. Perhaps the events at the bank scared anyone off and perhaps Manzo was wrong in thinking that it was part of a bigger plot. Either way Manzo was glad that the power plant was safe for now.

Now to see if they were going to be any new ANBU recruits. The floors in the HQ always needed cleaning.

[topic left]

Megumareta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Megu sat eating his food in silence. There wasn't really much to say as the taxi slowly moved towards their objective. Not that he really wanted to speak that much anyway. Whilst he was originally fine from the encounter at the bank, the adrenaline that had been coursing through him had seeped away during their leisurely ride back to the plant. He felt a cold shiver run through him slightly, nausea staring to build from within. He'd been chakra sick a few times in his life from overuse and it had left him feeling weak for days.

Not now Megu, you need to hold it together. People are relying on you, you're with the Anbu Captain you can't show weakness, not now. Put it in your hurt locker.

His eye lids weighed down heavily, just a moment he told himself as he contemplated a danger sleep.

No, not here, not now. Sleep is for the weak.

As he drew up his chakra once more he pushed the sickness down, the fire flowing through him, reinvigorating him from deep recesses within. He could go on for now, but he was somewhat nervous about what was to come.

Luckily once they got to the plant they found the place to be intact. Infact more than intact, Megu could have sworn someone had been round cleaning in the past hour or so. The rest of the guard duty passed without incident, but he didn't get another chance to talk to Takeshi about his powers. As they returned to Leaf Takeshi's offer of joining the Anbu kept repeating over in his head.

This was what I wanted a long time ago. But what about now? Is that where I see myself heading?

Although they'd stopped a bank robbery their mission hadn't exactly gone to plan. They hadn't escorted anyone and the mission was therefore a failure, but even failures could bring great lessons. If anything it steeled his determination.

No. Not like this. As much as I want to be part of the Anbu, I want to get there on my own terms through proving myself.

With that he silently left the others, wondering whether he'd blown his chances of ever joining the branch, but either way he had a lot of discovering to do before he was ready to confirm his allegiances, and he knew what places this searching would take him.

[Topic Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back