Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

The wolf (free rp)

Yong

Yen
ASP
Deaths
There was a new darkness growing in her, she found herself becoming more distant from the societies of this shinobi world. She was beginning to gain a distaste of humanity in general. While she had been in these mountains she had seen mangled animals left in unchecked snares. She had seen corpses quickly being reclaimed by the forest, scattered kunai, deeply cut bones and jutsu damage evident in the surrounding trees. She would not forget, she would not forgive... This world of shinobi deserved neither.

Now she knelt over the broken form of a large she wolf, her limbs had been shattered by the bear trap she had unknowingly stumbled into. Her blood seeped into the soil, her impotent whines mingled with those of a small wolf cub. The she wolf looked up imploringly, the expected aggression absent from her pained expression.

Kiko ran her hand through the wolfs hair, a cooling aura of chakra easing some of the immediate pain though the experienced shinobi knew that nothing could save the wolf now. "Sleep now, child of the forest, your cub is safe with me... Let your soul rest now... Sleep."

The wolfs eyes closed as her chest let out a tell tale rattle, her spirit had left this plane, had left her broken body.

A tear rolled down Kiko's face as she gently lifted the whining cub off of its mother and cradled it to her body. She spoke in a soothing voice "she is gone Cub, but I am with you now." the pup licked her chin affectionately, his rough tongue tasting the tears shed for his mother.

[mft, anyone feel free to join]

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
[topic entered by Inpc Shimete]

Shimete was outside the village when she felt a pain in heart. She and her canine companion were linked (Loyalty to the Pack), but now the link was severed as if cut. Kirito was a wild wolf of Kumogakure. He was her companion, teacher and brother. Shimete runs to the mountains where she was sure he was. She comes across what looked to be someone’s hunting grounds. Animals dead in traps and kunai scattered everywhere. The sight made Shimete quickens her pace. Tears roll down her face like little streams as she prays that he is alright. Then she see him lying on the ground; the grass around stained scarlet red. She runs over to him in a panic, “No! Please no.” She checks his pulse, but there was none. “Noooooo!” He was dead. She lets out a howl to let all around know of her sadness. She then buries her face into his fur and hugs him tightly. Blood stains her maid outfit but she didn't care. This was the closest person she ever had and now he is gone.

Yong

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kiko heard someone approaching the area with reckless abandon, no attempt whatsoever to conceal their approach. She quickly faded from view with a simple jutsu (Active Camo master rank with overcharge special action) the wolf cub instinctually went silent.

A strangely dressed female ran into the chaotic clearing, making her way to another trapped wolf, one who had died before Kiko had stumbled upon the scene. She screamed in anguish as she fell onto the expired Alpha male.

Kiko reappeared, it was apparent that this person was not responsible for these traps. She moved to the newcomers side still cradling the cub to her chest, she spoke in a consoling tone "I am sorry... So sorry... I will avenge this needless slaughter."

She placed the cub gently onto the ground before crouching next to the girl, placing her hand comfortingly on her shoulder "...Who was he?"

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
afac6a10.jpg

Topic enter by the following Dnpcs:
Hakkai, Zakuro, Yaone
Ranma, Lirin​

Shimete’s previous howl was more than just a cry of sadness, but the howl of the pack. Soon a whole group of wolves joined her in her mourning. They sat around the three of them in a circle with the heads bowed in prayer. There were five of them of different ages, genders and species of wolf. It was a little strange to see such a congregation of breeds. One even wore a collar with clouds insignia on it. Shimete lifts her head and wipes the tears from her face with her sleeve. “He was family. As are the rest of us. We are all the adopted children of Moro.” Shimete begins to tear up again as she stares at the corpse. “Kirito was like a father to me. He taught me everything I needed to know.” Shimete never had a father before. He died before she was born and her mother not too long after. To loose someone s close was absolutely heart breaking. “Who would do such a thing? I understand the need to hunt but this is just too much.” She places a hand on Kirito’s shoulder. “I remember the first lesson of hunting he taught me. He taught me is to ask myself a simple question, should I truly kill this beast? The wolf hunts not for sport, but to survive. We believe that all creatures have a right to live as they will and thus we only take what we need.”

Yong

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kiko stood and watched in semi amazement as five more wolves entered the clearing, moving to the falen alpha that the girl cried over. Cub cautiously moved behind Kiko's legs and gave a small wimper, these were obviously not wolves of his pack. The girl responded, and again Kiko was amazed at her responce Moro... The mother of wolves? How strange she adopted a human...<i></i>

She responded to the girl, a hint of hatred entering her voice "This world is a cruel one girl, humans do not hunt out of necessity, they are a plague... They move, destroy, rape and consume... Then once they have gotten what they desire they move on..."

Kiko bent down and gently picked up Cub in an atempt to calm him from the unseteling presence of the other wolves before she continued "These so called Hidden Villages are the worst among them, a hub of the cancer that plagues this plane... And here another spirit claimed by their rot, he looks like he was a mighty child of Moro... I am truly sorry for your loss, but I will carve vengence from these humans, these drones of the cancer... They will pay in blood and the world will thank me for it. I swear it."

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Kiko words caused a commotion amongst the wolves. Each of them debated how they are going to proceed. Of course Kiko would not be able to understand a word of it. Lirin wanted to stop Kiko for vengeance would only breed more vengeance and Ranma trying to get on Lirin’s good side agrees. Hakkai however disagrees and refuses to let the humans to get away with this attack. Zakuro quotes the rules of the hunt stating that all creatures have the right to live and thus votes to do nothing. Yaone being one who doesn’t like to fight also says to let whatever happens happen. Hakkai put his foot down. If the other will not help then he will join the human here and get his revenge. The white wolf walks to Kiko and looks up to him. “Hakkai wish to join you in your efforts, while the others believe the humans have a right to live as any other creature.” Shimete herself was unsure what to do. This death has left quite an impression on her soul. She prefers to meditate on it first, before making any rash decisions.

[ooc: With you permission I can switch Hakkai dependency over to you, if you choose to let him join you.]

Sekuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Friday : The Spine of the World : 1:12PM​

Newly recruiting this strange man who he could only call the Doctor, Kage lead the newly formed duo to a mountain range away from the Cloud village. The reason for this was so that he could reach a higher elevated area so that he could see further off. He possessed a jutsu that could increase his already insanely long visual range. The purpose was to locate a few shinobi who had abandoned their villages. As the two traveled in silence, he found himself getting bothered by the fact that he did not know the name of the man of whom he traveled with.

You can call me Kuromaru. Whats your name? As he asked the question, the blindfolded shinobi began to pick up the chakra signatures of a few people as well as several animals. Still clad in his black bandanna that hid the entire top half of his head while pushing his dreadlocks down, black hooded jacket, black pants and hiking boots with fur at the rims, he wondered if he should approach. Were they friendly or perhaps some pack of raiders using animals to aid them? Lightning country was never one of Kage's favorite places to visit.

ooc: I'm waiting on Raiden to enter with me. So feel free to ignore me until he has entered.

Kouin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He followed behind his newly partnered man who he had no idea who he was called, but that didn't bother him, he didn't really mind. He lead him up the steep mountain range of Kumogakure, most likely to get a better visual range on their target, Hopefully they're nearby... They continued to travel in silence, how long would they continue to go in silence? He was about to break the silence, but the man beat him to it. His name is Kuromaru huh? Interesting...

People in the village tended to call me Kouin, pleasure to meet you Kuromaru. After answering the question, he could see Kuromaru being alerted to something, or someone, but either way it was most likely the people they were looking for. Pulling his sash from his sack he wrapped it around his face, Perception filter. He thought for moment, if these were the people they were looking for they would have to move now, I say we move now.

[topic entered]

Yong

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kiko saw the large white wolf move to her, the others seemed to be conversing amongst themselves. The girl spoke, saying the wolfs name was Hakkai and that he wished to assist her. "Itwould be an honour to have you by my side, Hakkai... You are welcome to run with me as long as you see fit."

Her perception slipped for a moment, the wild calling to her, something was wrong. She slipped her red mask over her face and drew her knife, "Be prepared, someone this way comes."

[ooc: coolness, a wolf NPC to match my signature :)
Kagemaru and Kouin feel free to interact with your next posts]

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
“Yes I see them. There are two shinobi coming this way in that direction.” She then points to the direction the two missing nin were coming from. They were out of the field of vision for a normal person, but Shimete is anything but normal. Moro blesses all her children with a special blue right eye that allows them to see chakra to some degree. Shimete’s eye was on its final stage which works just like a Hyuuga’s Byakugan. She took notice of the flow to their eyes. “It looks like they too have ocular jutsu and are speeding up. Do you think these men could be the ones responsible for all of this?”

[ooc: Just remember I still control him. This just makes him linked to you.]

Sekuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Friday : The Spine of the World : 1:13PM​

He was a bit surprised when he noticed the girl pointing in their direction. They were clearly out of visual range for a normal person but the girl could still point to their location.

Well then Kouin, I had spotted a couple of women in the distance with a pack of what looks like wolves, but apparently they spotted us as well. I'm not sure if they are hostile or not but perhaps we should move up just so that we're not unprepared. Hastening his pace somewhat, so that he would reach a part of the clearing so that both parties could see each other equally. He figured that Kouin possessed normal eyes so it would be better if they could see roughly the same things.

The one with the mask has pulled out a knife, so be prepared. If a battle breaks out, I'm a close to mid ranged unarmed fighter. No genjutsu but I've got some nice tricks up my sleeve if need be. You? They hadn't been traveling together long enough to discuss how they would fight together if prompted so Kage was unsure about how Kouin would react or if he would even be useful. But if worse came to worse, Kouin could always serve as a sacrificial lamb. He had only known this man for a short time and yet to develop any sense of bonding as far as being a comrade was involved. However, he wasn't the type to abandon teammates no matter how much he disliked them. As he began to gaze at the two for a bit longer it only just hit him that THAT was Kiko. Being able to see through her mask quite easily, he could tell the features were those of the picture he saw when he began his mission. This was extremely lucky indeed. But now he had to think about how he would approach this situation.

Kouin proceed with caution. The masked one is actually one of my targets. Former ANBU and expected to be highly dangerous. I don't know if its extremely lucky that I found her after only a day of searching, or if Kami is playing a cruel joke on me. The two of them were still very far away from the girls and the wolves and Kage was making no attempt at getting closer to agitate them. Hopefully, Kiko hadn't possessed any kind of ability that would alert her to who he was. This situation could blow up before Kage even got a chance to resolve it in another way other then blindly rushing into battle.

[ooc: Seems to be a tad bit of confusion. We haven't actually made any actions that would signify we were dangerous. But its fine, I'll play along (the speeding up part in Anii's post didn't happen, but I made it happen in this post. We can just RP for a bit. No need to jump to conclusions. The safety is on.]

Kouin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Clever girl. She pointed him and Kuromaru in a split moment, she probably has some kind of ocular doujutsu that allows her to see chakra patterns.

He nodded conclusively as Kuromaru describe the people in the distance, he appeared to have a similar doujutsu, which could prove handy in future endeavors. He quickened his pace to keep up with Kuromaru, and they reached an equal ground in a clearing. Everyone could see each other, no tricks or gambits.

I'm guessing he is also the target? Kuromaru spoke of his specialty in mid-range and unarmed combat, it was an interesting style; it reminded him of the monks of Lightning Mountain that practiced a chakra drained style that involved taijutsu, I prefer a health dose of back row fighting using nin, but I'm not limited to just one element. He had no idea how well Kuromaru could fight, or if he could even fight at all, but this standoff might tell him that, but hopefully words will prevail, and everyone will go home alive, or severely damaged. And he preferred severely damaged of dead any day.

I expect everyone to be highly dangerous, never underestimate your opponent or your doomed to fail. Truer words have never been spoken, but he had a feeling he truly underestimates Kuromaru's abilities, and that might be his downfall.

Yong

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kiko eyed the newcommers as they moved into sight, her voice ran clear and loud, "Is this slaughter your doing?"

She knew it was rather a direct question, but there seemed very little reason for these two men to be this far out of the Vilage propper unless they were hunters returned to claim the spoils of the traps in the surounding forest. Her mind raced through the other possibilities.

Another reason could be that they had followed the girl from wherever it was that she had come from but that seemed unlikely as she seemed as unaware as Kiko was as to the identity of the two.

Perhaps they were simply travelers who had happened to stumble on the same small clearing at the exact same time. A simple coincidence.

The third option seemed almost far fetched but she allowed her paranoia to entertain the idea... Perhaps these two were leaf Anbu come to return her to Konoha... Or at least her head. Perhaps the girl was in on it too and this was all a sadistic trap that had been set for her?

Well she hoped their responce would clear some of the turmoil going on in her thoughts. She highly doubted she would be able to best three leaf anbu if indeed that is what they were. The girl had seemed genuine, perhaps Kiko was just over reacting... Only time would tell.

[ooc: welcome guys :) ]

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Shimete uses her enhanced sense of smell to sniff the wind. They did not smell like someone for the village. Now the question was; were they visitors or invaders? “What brings you foreigners to my country of cloud?” Shimete looks at them with her special eye to see anything unusual. Was that two hearts she saw in that one man? It was quite obvious these two are shinobi indeed and of high caliber, which only made Shimete even more cautious. “What symbol does your crest bare?” Each country has a crest and shinobi of that country normally wears the crest on their headband. Missing-nin tent to cross out this crest to show that they are no longer a part of that country.

Sekuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Friday : The Spine of the World : 1:15PM​

The situation was indeed tense and it could suddenly shift any which way. But when Kiko spoke, that was just enough information to take control of the situation and poke it with a stick.

And so what if we are? He asked in response to their inquiry about the slaughter of wolves before them. He was about to say more but then the smaller of the two spoke more. This one was quite intuitive. A dangerous trait to have in this situation. If she was too intuitive, she'd be considered a threat, and threats were removed from the equation as soon as possible.

What makes you think we are foreigners? And our crest is of no business of yours. Those who ask, should tell before speaking so freely. He wanted to know who he was dealing with before he gave them any information. Even if it was false information, he believed any form of information was a measure of strength. Those who knew more were naturally at an advantage then those who remained ignorant. So far, he believed he had a mental handle on the situation but wouldn't make any risky moves until he was more certain.

What he did know was that his target was in front of him. What he was unsure about was the accomplice that was with her as well as his own accomplice. He had yet to solidify if he would even be helpful so Kage was trying to move the situation in a way where this Doctor fellow would be forced to help Kagemaru. Actions proved louder then words and nothing spoke more volumes like fighting along side a fellow shinobi. While he waited for a response, he'd activate his Snapshot technique. It was a simple as him blinking. Luckily for him, his eyes were hidden by a bandanna as was the entire top half of his head. A very useful technique that allowed him to track the person he was taking a snapshot of. With his doujutsu he could do this from miles away and the person he was tracking would be none the wiser. He only needed this piece of information. If the situation grew undesirable, he'd be able to back out before it got into a conflict. With his snapshot, he'd be able to track Kiko wherever she went.

[ooc: I'm a bit confused Anii. You said you could see chakra. So I just took the person's word for it when I was told you were a Tsuchimikado. But you just rp'd having an increased sense of smell. So does that mean you're an Inuzuka? I need to know because there are certain characteristics -I- can see for sure ICLY which I need to know oocly in order to RP correctly.

PS: Snapshot is treated as a Hidden Action]

Kouin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He chuckled slightly, Such open hostility, and quick to judge. It's almost hurtful really. It was a shock to these a healthy greeting returned with hostility, was every country this way to foreigners?

It was quite cute, they thought we did the murdering her, and simply coming back for their gain, but what if it's all a ploy? Them cleverly setting a trap to pounce on the unexpected and take their possessions, who knew? We might, but any speculation you have against could equally be pinned on you two. You both were here first, so who is to say these weren't your traps to begin with? He kept a calm demeanor not letting them see clearly though his facade, but he could be right.

Either they were very keen, or just simply guessing, but they assumed they were from some village, and guessed not of kumo, judging from our skin tones, we were clearly from two different countries, but we didn't have to tell them that, they could both be from mist or leaf, hell even sand if he wanted to throw them off. Our origin is our business, we have no reason to tell you, nor you to ask. The younger looking one in his opinion asked what brought them to her country, like she was claiming ownership.. What brings us here you ask? What be you? Raikage? Daimyo? Sennin even? If you're anything less your worth no time in telling. He started treating their reactionary hostility with responsive hostility; he felt like seeing how they would react exactly, This could be a show.

Yong

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kiko looked at the girl, the initial trust fading quickly, Cub, her newly adopted wolf cub moved behind her, growling impotently towards all in the clearing, somehow sensing Kiko's unease.

The other two spoke, and her aggressive assumption had been quickly overtaken with logical progression. No they were not the hunters responsible, they had come onto the scene expecting to find the shinobi, there had been no surprise as would have been expected by the absent hunters... No these two were here for another reason altogether and she suspected she knew what it was.

"My name is Hirato Kiko, former Anbu of Konohagakure, now missing ninja of the wilds." she still held her Knife to her side, though she bowed shallowly in greeting. One of the new arrivals had a mask which covered his eyes, which led to the asumption that he was from one of the three legendary bloodlines, namely Hashigaki, Uchiha or Hyuuga. The other man showed no discerning features to denote any of his specialities. Either way she hoped that a conflict could be avoided...

"I am sorry for my aggressive demeanour but the site of the slaughtered animals had shaken me a little..." she moved to put some distance between the two new arrivals, the wolf girl and herself, silently reprimanding herself for trusting the girl so easily.

"Now please answer me this... Am I the reason you are here?" if indeed they were Anbu of Konoha it would seem that the Village of leaf had been grossly underestimated by both her brother and herself.

The situation was about as undesirable as possible, she was in an unfamiliar place surrounded by unknown people. If they chose to attack her and they were indeed the Anbu she had suspected then she had little chance of survival. She wished her brother were here, he would know what to do.

[mft]

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
It seems like we will have a battle of wit for these two unsheathed there silver tongues and lashed at her. “Alas I am but a maid of a noble family, but what hostesses would I be if I did not ask the needs of those who graciously visits.” She stands up and bows honorably to the both of them. “Without a name or place of birth, how shall I address thee? I would give you mine but alas as a humble maid I am unworthy to be call by such. However, as a child of the forest shall give the name my brothers and sisters call me.” She directs their attention to the wolves around her. “I am Fenlen.”

All the wolves took aggressive postures towards the two newcomers, especially Hakkai who stood next to Kiko. The scene was rather tense. The grey wolf, Zakuro, walks next to Shimete and spoke to her in canine tongue. He expresses concern about the location. There could easily be numerous traps lying about waiting to be set off. A battle here would be most unwise and thus he suggests retreat if these men decide to attack. Looking around with her unique eye she could see many traps just as he said. “Agreed.”

Sekuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Friday : The Spine of the World : 1:18PM​

The situation remained the same as they continued to speak. It was a tense feeling, but once Kiko opened her mouth to give an address as to who she really was, Kagemaru no longer saw a reason to keep it secret. She was suspicious of them already and due to coming across her unexpectedly, the element of surprise was somewhat ruined.

My name is unimportant. But you can call me Nobody. Kage's Leaf ANBU name. Kiko if she were a half decent ANBU should have heard of Kage's call sign at some point in her time as an ANBU. He was a skilled fighter and high up in the ANBU ranks. If he wasn't, he wouldn't have the balls to speak down to the actual ANBU sennin. But Kage's balls were the size of bowling balls and he REALLY didn't like Senju. So when it came to Kazuki, Kage didn't even like being reminded that the man existed.

Your suspicions are correct. Finding you here was not planned, but perhaps its because Kami saw fit for us to drag you back to the Leaf. He took a moment to subtly widen his stance, extend his arms slightly as well as lower his center of gravity.

You have the option of submitting here and now, or we do this the hard way. He was all but ignoring the other girl there. The wolves may be a problem if they were to gang up on him but he was reletively certain he would be alright. He'd fought hoards of lizard men successfully, Kage was sure he could take on a few wolves. He was still uneasy about Kouin's allegience into this agreement, but the man showed no sign so far of betrayal. However, if he were to do so, Kagemaru was more then capable of fighting multiple people at once. It was one of the things his battle style excelled at. Moving his head slightly to only partially look at Kouin, Kage would speak before moving his head back to focus on Kiko and the other girl.

So, are you going to keep your word?

Kairyuu

Supreme Leader Bone #9513
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
”Or perhaps I can offer a third option.” A voice carried over the wind, a voice of silk over iron, a voice that was used to people listening to it. The crunch of his boots on the ground below would follow his voice and preceed Hoshikata himself stepping into view. He had heard only the tail end of everything, but he had heard enough to know he might be able to twist this to his advantage. A schemer to the end, he would find some way to do so.

”I am Isaki Hoshikata, second Mizukage and leader of the Isaki Clan.” He was just under six feet in height, and wore robes as black as the void with a gold trim and black runes set in the trimming. Boots, supple but well made, matched the color of his robes. Under the pulled up hood was a flood of white hair that framed a face seemingly carved out of gold itself, and his eyes were the same. But the pupils were not little black dots, oh no. They were in the shape of hourglasses, and if one looked closely enough they could almost imagine the sand falling through them as time went on. His hands were ungloved, and in his left was a long staff nearly his own height. It was capped on the bottom by a blue crystal gem, and at the top it split into four talons holding a clear globe, inside of which colors swirled about on their own.

”I see a fight brewing where there need not be one. After all, a poor girl fleeing her village doesn't warrant bloodshed, you know. Maybe she would agree to follow willingly. I even have a group of people who can offer protection to you all on the trip to wherever you hail from. Safety in numbers and all that, you know.” And then he lays eyes on Kouin and a smile blossoms.

”Kouin, my friend! We wondered where you vanished off to. Tell your friends here about the group. We're always looking to expand and if we need to head to another village to handle business, well, there's certainly no harm there. And I'm sure this lovely woman has her reasons to be here, perhaps hear her out before resorting to threats, hm?”

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back