Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy setting storyline set in the World of Ninjas where feudal daimyo, clans and ninja villages all wage war on each other for money, glory or for a common goal.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Event Where is the Shogun? <Mission 3>

Cloud Seer

Jun 17, 2015
Yen
ASP
Kill Switch
No
The dusk falls heavy on a day of bloodshed and death. Three operations are executed by the end of the first day, taking on the Tenouza forces as the night falls; a shinobi specialty. One of these missions holds and importance that supersedes the war itself. The Shogun of Lightning, the de-facto leader of the entire country, has fallen silent despite messages sent out that war in on his doorstep. Without the Shogun, the lacking might of Kumogakure could possibly fail in the removal of Tenouzan forces at best, and at worst he could be against them. If the Shogun has sided with Tenouza then this could spell all sorts of bad news not just for Lightning but for Kumogakure itself. Even with their ninjutsu might, the lack of bodies due to ravishing war, disease, and a mysterious disappearance would not be able to fight against the Shogun’s army, his nobles’ personal armies, and Tenouza’s mysteriously powerful army, at once. The Raikage and select group of highly vetted shinobi go forth under the complete cover of night and slip towards the Capital.

The cold night brings about a special sting as the group nears the Capital, but it’s not so much the bite of the cold itself. There is something wrong in the air, Kitsune’s group will notice, something like a cloying heat despite the natural cold. It’s like spicy air, despite the cold, and continues to bite at the the chakra users the entire way towards the city. Right as the group nears the wall between the outside and the city, the bite turns and becomes a weight. The feeling is centered in their stomach where the chakra coil balances itself. It feels like the weight is being pulled down, and away. Without even trying to mold chakra or cast a ninjutsu, the group of veteran shinobi can tell; their god-like tricks that make them so feared will be useless here.

That is their only concern, however, as entrance into the Capital is stupid easy. The Samurai that normally guard the gate have seemingly been reduced from, what would normally be four, to one. The military presence inside the Capital reflects the very same. Men and women clad in traditional armor with a katana at their hip are barely seen anywhere. Those that are in the city appear to be either new, old, or grizzled in a way that clearly marks them as injured from service. Upon closer investigation it can be noted that the Samurai all guarding Raiden’s Eye also appear to all be on loan from the nobles’ personal armies. Not a single Samurai bares the crest of the Shogun’s house, leading to the question: why?

[Something is not right…]

Ziren

Oct 24, 2017
Yen
ASP
Kill Switch
Yes
OOC Rank
S
3d285317a7ce24c39d4d6e2d00c8a2df.jpg

There will always be a moment in history where things don't go as planned. And I don't really know much of these Tenouzans with the exception of that they pose a threat, something about a weapon that could destroy all of Cloud. My goal of making the world a better place, a world of peace would sometimes mean that I would have to make tough choices. I don't want to kill, but these guys are threatening a lot of people's lives right now, and they must be stopped. I had said goodbye to my family. Had a moment of silence at the graveyard where my parents were buried, and had thought long and hard of the mission before me.

I don't know much of this Shogun either, but he is supposed to be an important figure to keep the Land of Lightning safe from these Tenouzans, right? But there has been no word from this capital at all. There were too many unknown factors at play for me to think one way or another of what to theorize on. I looked over at my company, a former Hokage and the current Raikage, any normal person would probably fan girl or have their heart racing with excitement to see such figures in action, but in my mind, it was grim. Such a mission that requires the Raikage herself to take action, along with Umashi, who is no pushover, and then there's me. Such a black sheep among the flock. Even with things playing out differently than in Leaf, I can't help but think of the war with Frost.

And now here I am, in the midst of yet another war. As we have made our way into the capital, I could feel a disturbance in my own chakra. I have yet to feel something of this nature before, and because of it, I was put more on edge. Just looking around, I can see that the place isn't nearly as fortified as it should be, armed to the teeth with people, it was not.

Even still, I don't like to take unnecessary actions when not needed. "Yoru." I spoke in a small faint voice in which only the two by my side might have really heard me. A female kitsune that looks just like me, but not in secret attire, appeared out of thin air. "Scout around, take all precations to not be seen."

Yoru nodded. She was a ghost, but there are still some people with the ability to see the dead when the dead don't want to be seen. She was a ninja, just like the rest of them, and she doesn't make any noise when she traverses, could be a good scout as long as there aren't those that can see spirits walking around. She would scout ahead, using the night to her advantage as she moves around, keeping a watchful eye on her surroundings. I turn to look over at the two, "I got a friend looking around right now." I said in an almost inaudible whisper, in case if others were watching. Hopefully, the two would get the idea that I have a ghostly companion floating around that would only act as an extra pair of eyes and ears for us. But that can only get us so far. This feeling I have from this place has a lot of red flags. The kind that shows up, but we have no choice but to keep moving forward.

(Ghost NPC Kitsune Yoru only visible to those that have the ability to see ghosts.)

Umashiashikabihikoji

Oct 7, 2012
Yen
ASP
Kill Switch
No
CjmsEQH.jpg

Practicing his morning meditation, Umashi had prepared himself as best as he could the day before the mission. With little time to prepare in the way that he normally liked to, he instead had to rely on the intel coming from the Raikage, her Sennin and whatever the scouts and eye witness reports could give them. As far as he was concerned, things were screwed up in a way that would make it hard to reverse. Sipping his tea in front of an ornamental wall, he closed his eyes and reflected on what would allow him to endure under pressure, that of his family. With such little time between missions, he hadn't been able to make the time to go see them and with them being deep undercover, he certainly didn't want to risk them getting exposed and thus, he chose to finish yet another mission before going to see them. More meditating, more controlling his emotions and more controlling his thoughts. As the hours would go on, soon he'd find himself traveling with the Raikage and Ziren towards the Capital.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Intune with chakra as he was, it wasn't the feeling of a lack of chakra where there should have been it, but notably, there was the general feeling of dread and despair that greeted them. Not needing a tour guide to tell him what had gone on, Umashi didn't speak at first as he allowed his eyes to scan their surroundings as they drew deeper and deeper into the enemies keep. Going for a more subdued look, Umashi had opted to wear samurai centric clothing mostly for the innate camouflage of looking more like the enemy. More peculiar though was the fact that while he saw enough samurai to at least sound the alarm and provide an initial defense, the sort of numbers that he assumed would be present weren't, and the pit in his stomach began to grow heavier and heavier. If it was a coup, then it was a relatively bloodless one but even with that, there was just simply a lack of bodies period. To have turned so many against the Shogun seemed almost impossible and yet with the facts so plainly presented before him, that's exactly what it looked like. Not wanting to blow their cover, when Ziren indicated that he had a friend doing reconnaissance, Umashi didn't fight it and instead nodded in agreement and used the relative downtime to convert the facts of what he'd seen to what he knew.

For one, something was affecting chakra, but where was it being stored? Chakra was the sort of energy that couldn't truly be destroyed so if something was messing with it then manmade or not, the chakra wasn't completely gone. Secondly, where were the Shogun's people? Military coup's were rarely one-hundred percent and with little signs of a struggle, it was just as likely that via genjutsu or some other means that the Shogun's forces had simply disappeared or left peacefully. Third of all, if the other two facts were as bad as he thought that they were, then Kitsune and Ziren were especially in danger because an individual that was used to having chakra suddenly losing it would be a liability physically and have little defense in the way of stopping a genjutsu would mean that whatever had affected the Shogun's samurai would be twice as effective on them. Ziren was good with a weapon and Kitsune certainly had all the usual Uchiha tricks but without chakra, would either of them be able to make full use of their abilities? Umashi would keep his Natural Energy on reserve just in case things got too out of hand but he quietly prepared himself for a worse case scenario.

OOC: Umashi is a Chakra Attuned x Archsage and so I'm treating him as being more aware of the issue with molding chakra.

Shinrya Kitsune

11th Raikage
Staff member
Oct 23, 2012
Yen
ASP
Kill Switch
No
OOC Rank
S-Rank

It was quite the odd time. Kitsune had brought Ziren, and Umashi with her to the capital to investigate why there was no sign of life from the Shogun or his forces given the current crisis that had befallen the country, and Kumogakure especially, what with the cultists inexplicable hatred for chakra users. The closer they got to the capital, the more Kitsune felt her ability to manipulate chakra diminish, to the point where the only thing she could do was keep her Sharingan eyes active, leaving her able to see things most would miss, but not much else beyond that due to a distinct lack of chakra.

She was dressed in a suit, as she normally would be during her day to day business, appearing like any other civilian, only the suit had an armored weave between the layers of cloth, giving a certain degree of physical protection, but that was about it. In her inner pockets were vials of chemicals she could use to produce smoke screens, tear gas, or other similar crowd controlling effects. Sadly nothing that could do a more direct form of damage, but then again, they were there to investigate, not do actual combat. Well. Hopefully.

When Ziren said they’d got a friend scouting around, Kitsune nodded and gave a thumbs up. ”Good job. Hopefully we’ll be able to figure out just what’s going on here.” she said, looking around the area ”I wonder where all the shogun-aligned samurai are... There’s supposed to be four on guard at the city gates, not one. But lets get inside, and see what we can discover, shall we?” she queried the others and nodded towards the gates, hoping they were fully aware that they’d have to rely on blending in, and stealth tactics. Chakra would likely not be an option here.

Cloud Seer

Jun 17, 2015
Yen
ASP
Kill Switch
No
The whispers of death would come to Ziren’s ear and tell him that the ghost could not find anything out of the ordinary, despite a very thorough search. Umashi’s molding of Nature Chakra would grant him a bit more stamina than the rest. His vision became clearer, his aged muscles strained by the pull at his gut could relax, and a bit of fog that was quietly effecting everyone lifted ever so slightly for the veteran. Despite this, it didn’t appear that that the group could find anything super out of the ordinary that wasn’t already being openly proclaimed. They were able to enter the city and walk through the streets completely unhindered. It was as if they lived there and no one questioned their presence. At one point, it became abundantly clear that stealth wasn’t more than an action that was just taxing their bodies to maintain as the Loan Samurai didn’t even so much as look at the three ninja infiltrating their city.

The Capital, was, as it always had been. People moved around the hidden Kumogakure warriors as they went about their daily lives. There was a group of youths that appeared to be the children of nobles from the coast touring the city while excitedly talking up the food. Two lawyers were discussing a possible illegal business practice being abused by some rich asshole within Radien’s Eye. A group of poor urchins harassed a Loan Samurai while one of them stole bread from a stall near the open markets; stuff that would go on even if the Shogun’s personal army would of been on patrol. On a surface level, everything seemed to be on the up-n-up. It was as if the war outside of the Capital just didn’t exist. As the cold of night settled in everyone slowly made their ways towards their end-of-the-day routines.

And yet…

Kitsune’s eyes would just barely catch it. Her powerful dojutsu ever working to move between people witnessing their daily tasks and weak chakra signals would nearly be blinded by a force of overwhelming chakra darting just over her head at high speeds. The Arcsage would feel it, too, a horribly heavy chakra that brushed against his flesh like a stranger trying to push past. Yoru, the undead companion to Ziren, would be the one who managed to look up and see what had just pushed its presence onto the two shinobi who could sense it; a man-shaped pile of rags leaping between roofs. Now, this was a bit of a concern considering that two out of three could tell that whatever just leapt above their heads, had a ungodly amount of chakra compared to what they could hold onto. It would have been unnerving to witness outside of the city where chakra just didn’t seem to work, but to see it within surely raised all kinds of questions.

However, another problem rang through the air. The sounds of bells, tiny at first and then louder as the Samurai began pulling down on the strings attached to the metal clappers with abandon. It was the city’s High Alert system going off, meaning that something or someone important was destroyed or dead; considering the lack of explosions, it was probably safe to assume the latter. Loan Samurai that were lazing about suddenly had a look of high stress as they tied their swords tighter and all made way towards the Shogun’s palace. Some where far slower than others, clearly on purpose as fear etched easily onto their faces, but it left no doubt in the high-ranking shinobi in their midst that something bad had just happened; and someone knew what.

[So many roads…which is the right path?]

Ziren

Oct 24, 2017
Yen
ASP
Kill Switch
Yes
OOC Rank
S
My eyes scanned around, looking for anything out of the ordinary, and even Yoru had picked nothing up, and she was freely able to traverse around without a care in the world. But beside my two companions of legend, they both have the ability to sense chakra or anything out of the ordinary of that nature, me? I'm just a dude, chick, kitsune, you know what, forget all that, I'm ordinary compared to these two. But even so, my brain is hardwired differently than others. Having served in all three branches, I know more or less how everyone operates. Had the most time in the ANBU, so I have the mindset of an anbu, but medical branch the second most, and always considered myself a combat medic.

My own chakra has felt like it has been taken away from me. But what is more curious is the fact that we had merely walked passed a single soldier who didn't even blink an eye in our way. I was unaware of our roof jumper until Yoru had whispered in my ear. My mind ran through as much possibilities that I can think of. Now before we get into possibilities, I have to surmise that this person is of chakra capabilities, for the main reason of that being they were roof jumping. Silly as it may seem, all ninja use an ever so small amount of chakra for feats such as jumping from one building to another. The only other two possibilities was that this is what people call a parkour or an extremely athletic person that likes to jump buildings. But... there was the attire that would most likely throw off the other two theories. From what Yoru had told me, this individual was wearing layers of rags. things like that would impair a normal person if they want to do something as reckless as building jumping.

I don't really know if they had caught sight of what Yoru had seen, but I relayed the information to them, "Roof jumper, wearing layers of rags, possible enemy." I said in a soft whisper. I don't know if this individual was the chakra drainer person, or an accomplice, or maybe even a third party, but chances can't really be taken here and now with how things are.

But that's when things got really crazy, bells were ringing. The guards were all going crazy, moving straight to an important looking building. My thoughts went to the citizens as I was always a people person, but I can only imagine what other crazy things may be happening further ahead of us that would need my utmost attention. I wanted to rush in, but we were a team, and the Medic is vital. I turned to the Raikage, "What's your call? I'll standby for your orders." I never really liked to be someone to standby for orders, but there is a time and place for everything. I am sure this woman was chosen to be the Raikage for a reason.

Umashiashikabihikoji

Oct 7, 2012
Yen
ASP
Kill Switch
No
As mundane as it might have been, Umashi found himself partially tuned in to the current drama of the day. Illegal business in Raiden's Eye . . . for a fact Umashi wanted to know more and even while keeping tabs on the mission at hand, he couldn't help but to let his mind wander at what sort of deals he could extract from such a source. Everyone and everything in his life had a purpose and information was sometimes the only currency that mattered in the world. Filing the gist of the conversation away, he at first saw Ziren reacting to something before he realized that something was amiss.

Not planning to die anytime soon, the only way that Umashi could describe the sensation was as if someone were walking over his grave. In a place devoid of chakra, the mere bumping into it, invisible as it often tended to be, was one that couldn't be ignored. Not quite aware of the who, when Ziren spat out a quick summarization of what he'd witnessed, Umashi had no choice but to believe that it was true.
"Sounds like somebody who doesn't want to get caught." Able to keep his tone even and unafraid, he was about to say more but the sound of bells began all around them. So much for blending in, if people weren't aware of them before, then the heightened alert would have everyone looking at their neighbors sideways.

With little chakra to go around and certainly needing every ounce of it to take down the threat that he'd just felt, to Umashi there was no best decision, only one that they'd have to live with. Split up and whoever went after the "Ragman" would have to either avoid being spied out or risk an encounter that would be hard to pull through without help. If they ran towards whatever the bells were calling attention to then they'd risk outing themselves as not being locals and let a possible threat get away. A tough decision had to be made and no doubt that's what the roof runner had anticipated.
"This has trap written all over it in all caps but say the word and I'll follow." Against his better judgement, Umashi was leaving the mission in the hands of an Uchiha . . . the Raikage, true, but an Uchiha with whom he hadn't fully vetted nonetheless.

Shinrya Kitsune

11th Raikage
Staff member
Oct 23, 2012
Yen
ASP
Kill Switch
No
OOC Rank
S-Rank
As the force of chakra zoomed past overhead, Kitsune spun around, following it with her eyes. It was quick decision time here. Would they go for the massive chakra signature that somehow seemed unaffected by the force subduing the three shinobis innate power? Or would they go for where the alarm came from? Or perhaps both? Kitsune looked at her two companions and narrowed her eyes a bit as she formulated a plan in her head. ”Whatever that was, it wasn’t suppressed like we are.” she stated to the two of them in a muted tone, ”I think the correct choice here would be sending the two of you after the ragperson.”

She gave the two another quick glance, ”I’ll check out the alarm, see if I can figure out what happened, and if I can find the shogun at the center of it all.” she said, before re-stating her orders ”You two take down ragperson. Ideally alive for questioning, but if there’s no choice otherwise, take them out completely. Ensure to preserve as much as possible, as there might be clues as to what the heck is going on here. And, of course, if they’re involved with the crazy zealots.”

With the orders given, Kitsune strolled towards where the alarm came from, taking care to look as inconspicuous as possible, and dipping into the shadows whenever required to avoid being spotted by guards and passers-by. Hopefully she’d mostly seem to be a busy businesswoman of some kind, heading from location A to location B. After all, the best way to appear as if you belong somewhere is looking determined and going to wherever you need to go. Or if it’s a work-site, grab a hardhat, high-visibility vest, and a clipboard, and you’re basically good to go and almost nobody wants to stop you.

Umashiashikabihikoji

Oct 7, 2012
Yen
ASP
Kill Switch
No
Umashi couldn't say that it was the worst plan but it certain probably wasn't the best plan either . . . maybe. If he thought about it too long, he would realize that like many a decision that had to quickly be made on the ground, that some things just weren't going to ever run as smoothly as they could go. There was something about sending the leader of a village to assess a threat themselves that didn't quite sit right with him but he wasn't the one calling the shots, she was. Nodding in agreement at the Raikage, Umashi motioned to Ziren with a nod of his head and ushered him towards the direction of the ragman. "I'll do the pirate thing if you do the fox thing and hopefully we don't die in the process." Shrugging he cautiously but assuredly slinked off towards the threat, using his natural affinity for sensing chakra to guide him. While not a fine tuned skill of his, the being that they were following was such the big fish in a small pond that it wouldn't have taken an expert to get their general whereabouts. The biggest question to answer would be what would they find when they finally confronted them. Rushing past all the people going in the opposite direction, Umashi would have to rely on improvisation and a general expectation of the unexpected.

Reactions: Ziren

Ziren

Oct 24, 2017
Yen
ASP
Kill Switch
Yes
OOC Rank
S
The Raikage wants to solo whatever had set off the alarms? I would have stayed with the whole group thing, but if she is confident in her abilities despite the whole chakra draining thing, then I'll have to put my trust in with her. Which reminds me of our raggedy friend, pun intended. I have a few theories of this individual. Either they are an ally of these Tenouzans, so as they are not affected by such things, they have a near immeasurable amount of chakra to shrug off the draining feeling, or they have found a way around that whole fiasco. All of which didn't sound good to me.

Then Umashi had told me of a very vague plan. He's going to do a pirate thing, whilst I do a fox thing. What? My mind ran through of what he meant by all of that, I know next to nothing of kitsunes much less how to act like one, but I ran my mind through how a fox is usually thought of in terms of stereotypes. Sneaky, hard to get a read on, and thieving. I think the last part I shouldn't do, but I got an idea for the other two.

I decide to trail behind Umashi, flanking around, going around one block, holding my yo-yo in my hand, hidden under my own attire. It would be good to entangle their foot or to hit them to catch them off their guard. I know full well that if a fight were to break out, I'll have to work with solely my own skill in fighting without the use of chakra. I began to run scenarios through my head of what to do, where to strike, how to strike.

Kitsune Yoru was a little bit further ahead of me, to be my eyes of if she would see the rag man, whilst I trust Umashi's more direct approach, my aim would be to cut off a path, but also act as support for Umashi by being further behind, using my innate power as an exalted to give the man a sense of calmness and a clear headed state. Maybe it will also hopefully reach the Raikage as well. I was also filled with it, something I am glad to have as it doesn't use any chakra.

white blessing passive x2= group has +2 accuracy or just Ziren and Umashi if there is a range for which white blessing is effective