Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Training for all at the Throne of Bone

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kuro watched as they eyed and touched the blades of the chamber then Izayoi sama asked what kind of weapon would be best for defense. Shinji had chosen a fine bastard sword able to wielded by one or two hands. He would make a fine kensai (blade saint) one day. Kuro took a knee as was appropriate when speaking to a lady of the cloth as one did not stand over the messengers of the gods.

"Well Lady Izayoi the weapon must suit your needs, if you want your hands to be free we have runic wraps, studded gloves, and shields, which would sit upon your forearm. Any weapon can be used defensively but until you figure for yourself how you want to face the evils of the world I can only offer options. Now if you want me to advise you on how best to wield yourself with the capabilities you have then I can do so but it would not be best if I were to control the destiny of your evolution as a warrior priestess as I could cause you to train into something you don't want to be or can't relate to. As for you Shinji san that blade is very dynamic and easily used for many things I will set up a sparring session as soon as we find a proper fit for Lady Izayoi."<i></i>

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A Rank
Aoi turned towards Shinji as he suggested that she use some type of blade called a kodachi.

"That sounds like it might work for me," she replied, her serene voice not betraying her lack of confidence. "Thanks, Shinji-san."

As Lord Toraono gave his own advice, however, she began to think more deeply on the matter.

It is true that the blade is not the only weapon to exist, just the most practical and most versatile. She played with the amulet around her neck, memories flooding back to her from a bygone era. Sentama Akumaru himself had chose to use no weapons other than his bare hands, as his Outrage was so potent that he did not need the use of conventional weapons. Kamiko--the priestess who had helped Akumaru fight Zansatsu and had become his second wife--also didn't use any weapons, on behalf of her Shinto principles. Their son, however, had wielded greaves, gauntlets, and a shield as his weapon of choice.

The first of the warrior priests . . . I now know what weapon would best suit me.

"Lord Toraono," she addressed her sensei as she let go of her medallion, "I would like a shield, please."

Tategawa Shinji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The boy thought nothing of the Lady's choice nor of her shrugging off his opinion. As far as the boy is concerned, he is only here to improve himself, not to listen to what people have to say of his opinions. He was fine either way. Hence, Shinji just nodded and waited patiently for the lady and his sensei to finish their interaction. He sat on the ground, meditating, conserving his strength and chakra for the battle ahead.

Deep, calming breaths...
Deep, calming breaths...
<i></i>

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kuro found an appropriate fighting shield with a smooth almost mirrored surface across its face. The straps inside could be easily adjusted to make the shield a hat, a back pack, or truth be told a sand board for surfing the dunes. Kuro made sure to show Izayoi how to place it upon her forearm for defense and how to pull it a little forward of your hand grip to make it function as a weapon. Kuro then turned to Shinji and levitated a sword from the training rack. It was a simple ninja-to so it would require Kuro to get close to strike and it was also very easy to use defensively. With a flicker of movement Kuro was in the center of the chamber donning heavy leather armor with iron plating and rivets. Placing a mask over his lower face Kuro's eyes narrowed as he beckoned his trainees to attack.

"Okay you two, don't hold back... try to make me back up three steps."<i></i>

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A Rank
Aoi examined the shield Lord Toraono had given her. It was a fine shield as far as she could tell, suitable for both blocking and striking. There was something peculiar about its pristine surface: how did a training weapon stay in such good condition?

But she didn't have much time to ponder as their sensei chose his own weapon--a ninjato wielded by chakra alone it seemed--and issued his challenge to her and Shinji.

Three steps? This . . . this might be easy, but I doubt it.

The Miko raised her shield to her face, low enough for her to still see, and cautiously approached Kuro, ready to block any direct attacks.

Tategawa Shinji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shinji looked at Kuro and then at his apparent classmate in this session and frowned. Cooperation wasn't his best trait. He didn't work well with others nor did he want to. However, given that his sensei is his opponent and this girl is his only other companion, it seems it left him with absolutely no choice but to try and cooperate with her, see if there's anything special they can come up with. Firstly though, he just had to try something.

Shinji ran straight toward Kuro, and then threw a volley of Senbon, sword in hand. Once he was within range, he tried for a swing at Kuro's head then fell back three steps to see what happened.

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kuro side stepped the senbon without taking a step back but the sword stroke that followed immediately behind the needles struck out for his head. Instinctively Kuro brought his ninja-to up into an overhead bladed forearm guard. With his arm up in blocking position his rib cage was exposed. This could give Aoi a chance to follow through with a shield tackle or a shield punch. Kuro pushed back against Shinji in a light but steadily increasing amount of strength to determine how much strength Shinji had within him.
"Quick thinking with the senbon, try aiming for the groin, the throat or the eyes to distract your opponent from your true point of assault."<i></i>

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A Rank
Aoi stared at the opening Shinji had created as she halted in her approach.

It wouldn't be very honorable to attack while he's defending another attack, but it wouldn't be honorable to not help my ally out either. And if I am to be training how to slay a demon, I will act as though my opponent is a demon: a being that deserves no honorable defeat!

An aura began to emanate from her as she let out a fierce shout. Making up for her hesistation earlier, the Sentama descendant charged at her sensei and swung her shield at his ribcage, whirling around afterwards in an attempt to hit any part of his body that was exposed.

Tategawa Shinji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It seems his attack had failed for the sensei just countered his attackwith ease although he could see it would be quite difficult to evade for someone of his level. He smiled to himself as he listened to his sensei's words. He looked at the girl as she started an attack. Shinji threw a volley of senbon at the sensei to give him something to deflect, again aimed at his sensei's face. He ran alongside her as she tried to make her attack connect. And, at the exact time of her attack, Shinji threw another volley of senbon aimed at Kuro's neck.

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It seemed Aoi had some battle instinct after all as she rushed in to shield charge Kuro's open side. Kuro smiled until he realized Shinji threw a volley of senbon at the same time to assist her. Shinji was actually promoting teamwork. This might give Kuro something to work with after all. A ruse within a ruse his head was now lowered she could broadside his face instead of his abdomen. Shinji was aiding her as they both rushed in beside one another. She stepped in with a spinning push as, Shinji threw a second volley of senbon aimed at Kuro's neck. Unable to dodge and unwilling to use his power or jutsu Kuro took a step back to dodge the attacks.

Kuro held his hands up to give a pause for both students so he could give them an evaluation. "That was outstanding, it took you no time at all to use a duet to get me to move back. This next test will be a little harder... you will both need to use ninjutsu."<i></i>

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A Rank
Winded, Aoi blinked a few times as she regained her composure. Her Outrage had enabled her to mercilessly attack her sensei in tandem with Shinji, yet she was shocked that she was able to control her inheritance without forcing herself to meditate.

Have I balanced my spirit so well that I can use the Outrage as a blessing instead of a curse?

As her breathing slowed to its calm natural pace, she listened to her sensei's words: now they were to attack him using ninjutsu.

I know a bit of Wind jutsu, but I never tried using it to attack. Only to safely cut and push distant things.

Aoi turns to Shinji and nodded, signaling him to attack first as she removed her shield.

Tategawa Shinji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ninjutsu?

Shinji blinked once. Twice. Thrice. And then blushed as he looked at his feet, wondering to himself how he should address this problem. He looked around for help and it seems the girl has an idea. He nodded at her and threw a volley of senbons at his sensei, hoping whatever she does, it would help him somehow. After which, he would wait and see what would happen. A few seconds later though, the boy looked at his feet again, blushing even harder, stuttering a little bit.

"
I-I don't know a-any ni-ninjutsu." he admitted, feeling embarrassed by the whole situation, by his own ignorance.

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kuro sidestepped the senbon and held his hands up to halt the training exercise for a moment. Using telekinesis Kuro removed his heavy armor so that he could properly teach ninjutsu. "I understand, I tend to rush things, first let me divine which elements are best for you to utilize in line with your natural chakra flow. Each of us has an elemental chakra we are best at using, some of us have two or three that bind us. I will give you a crystal and you will close your eyes and concentrate. After you have thought for a moment, tell me what picture comes to mind and when you open your eyes."<i></i>

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A Rank
The girl nodded as she took one of the crystals from Kuro, closed her eyes and began concentrating on the object in her hands.

At first she saw nothing but darkness, heard nothing but silence, and felt nothing but the floor and the crystal as she poured chakra into the crystal. A few seconds passed in this relative loneliness, then she felt the earth beneath her pulled out from under her.

I must be brave! My sensei is counting on me!

As she clenched the crystal, she could feel herself drifting downwards until finally she landed on another level. The darkness dissipated revealing a world that was a twisted reflection of reality itself. Whereas Shinji had been to her right just moments ago, an imp now eagerly hopped up and down to her left. The dojo consisted of living, albeit mutilated and bound, sandworms. And their sensei--or rather what would have been their sensei, was some tentacled monstrosity with a single eye staring back at her.

"I was afraid I had to hunt the last one down myself," the demon addressed her as its tentacle reached out and tapped the crystal, etching a twisted design on its surface. "Take this as a memento that I will enjoy watching you suffer for the rest of your days!"

An audible screech woke her from her meditation, sweat drenching her Miko attire. She looked down at the crystal in her trembling hands. The design that Zansatsu had put on the crystal was no longer there, instead replaced with a radically symmetrical design, almost like a perfect crystal blueprint. She glanced around the room, everything seemingly normal now.

Was that nightmare real?

Tategawa Shinji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
This is embarrassing. That was the theme of the stream of thoughts flooding his mind right after he told his sensei. He was so nervous, so embarrassed that he swore to himself that this would never happen again. He would never again be left without any knowledge in any field of combat. After this, he will be harness the power of illusion, of puppetry, of everything he can possibly learn. He will be the greatest weaponsmith in all of Kaze no Kuni. With this strong resolve, he listened to Kuro and heeded his words. It looks like he is about to learn which element his chakra goes by. This will be his first step towards greatness. With face hardened by determination, he nodded at his sensei and eagerly took his crystal, forcing his chakra to flow into it, powerful, wild and a bit noisy, it would seem. He closed his eyes and let the images flow freely. What he saw and what he wanted to see, apparently, were two different things. His face contorted, shocked as his closed eyelid movement exuding disbelief. When Shinji opened his eyes, he looked confused, disappointed, angry, shaken. He wanted something else. He clearly should have gotten something else other than what he saw.

"
I-I. I saw myself standing in the middle of a dark cave, wielding a sword. But the sword's shadow. It has a weird shape. It was shaped like a warrior of olden times, like the kinds of fighters I only see in history books. The shadow kept clawing at the cave, screaming, shouting. And then, the images drew back to me. I was made of metal, or iron, my eyes were weird like it doesn't have the black in it anymore. What does it all mean?" And yes, the last emotion his eyes betrayed was fear. What if he was no good? What if he was to be a cursed individual? What if he will never be as strong or as talented as he wanted to be? He had so many things to do, so much he wanted to achieve. "Does that mean I'm cursed? That I'm weak? That I will never be a good weaponsmith?" Panic was setting in and his whole body was reacting to it in shivers.

Tenrai Indou

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Indou closed his eyes his body brimming slightly with both nervous energy and concentration he would finally begin his sword play but first he must pass the trial that Gesshoku had placed in front of him

Yes Gesshoku sama
Absorbeo absorb
Semper always
Medicor to heal
Purgo purify
Oppressi overpower
Noceo to harm
Perseco cut away
Exuro set afire
Perturbo disrupt
Evanesco disappear
Lumen light
Unus all together
Inflecto inflict
Infusco enshroud
Pestilencia plague
Impero direct
Eradico eradicate
Contego shield!!!

How was that master?

He said panting slightly since he had not taken a breath during his chanting out of fear he would mess the flow of his words

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kuro could feel their destinies begin to unfurl in their minds as the chakra crystals, small whispers of steel and a demon curse mirror chakra for the priestess, and metal for the blacksmith in training. Excellent potential in both of them and now Kuro knew exactly how to train them, first he would have to have Shinji forge her a shield that could channel mirror jutsu and then he could have Shinji master the giant demon blade behemoth he was certain from what his mother had announced that Sousuke would not want it. It was long overdue for the sword to have a master that could understand its needs and who better than a weaponsmith.

Kuro charged their crystals with his unique chakra signature to signify they were learners of jutsu.

"It seems you Aoi-sama have the element of wind, while you Shinji san have the element of earth, you also have advanced potential in you both, but let us start with the basic jutsu necessary for completing your time as a student and work our way up into specialized jutsu for you to master for yourselves."</COLOR><i></i>

Indou awakened in a bed inside the mentat chamber he could feel he had drawn out nearly every iota of his chakra and seemingly damaged himself. His hands were covered in ancient runic terran used by the First Men, symbols of his Uchiha heritage were now intricately runed into his back along with the ancient runes for mystic words that only Uchiha and their descendants could speak. His right hand had markings for sand jutsu and ancient sword techniques. His entire body throbbed with spent energy and markings carved into his body and soul by sorcerous rites slowly rising from within his genetic memory. Sunaku Sashi smiled as he woke up, <COLOR color="orange">"Glad you are okay overachiever Indou, You stayed inside the mentat chamber longer than Lord Kuro ever did at your age. Somehow you drew chakra out of your body despite not having any and damaged yourself but you will be fine with 3 days more rest."

Tategawa Shinji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The element of earth huh? Interesting. Very interesting. At the very least, Kuro didn't tell him he had no connections with the earth whatsoever. In his mind, a weaponsmith must always have this innate connection to the earth so that he can forget good weapons made of the earth. However, Kuro also didn't tell him he wasn't cursed, nor that he wasn't going to be a great weaponsmith. However, with Kuro's next words, he decided to file all of these in the back of his mind for later. For now, he would have to focus on the task at hand. Basic jutsu training. Seems logical. However, he had just one more question, Shinji sat down on the floor, the armour weighing him down, tiring him more if he keeps standing up. All those physical movements exhausted him alot. Hence, he chose to sit down, take deep breaths and ask calmly.

"
Sensei, does that mean I can harness the power of iron since I am of the earth? Or does that come through advanced training?"

Tenrai Indou

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Indou took a deep breath as he sprang upwards from his unconscious state, a mistake by every possible meaning

GAH!

He gasped falling backwards onto the bed his body pulsating with pain forcing a strained grimace upon his face as his body tried to deny him from getting up and resuming his training something that all things considered he should probably take into consideration his body was already physically drained from his grandfathers sword training not to mention what he had just endured while trying to live up to the expectations of not only the wraith of Gesshoku but the strict expectations that he had for himself ever since finally gaining a purpose he did not want to allow anyone to take it from him.

It took the boy a moment to notice the person sitting next to him and talking.

It's not over achieving if you haven't done anything at all outside of existing for the past decade... I... I am sorry I should not have taken that tone with you I am just frustrated I feel like i haven't made any progress at all and yet here I am reaching my limits already

The frustration was overly abundant in the boys tones but he did his best to pay attention to what was being said to him.

How is that possible? To bring forth chakra when you yourself have none? I know that every living thing has chakra but not everything can manifest it and I have never met anyone who could call forth the power to pull chakra from their environment though a skill like that if it did exist would be legendary within itself let alone the possible applications for it.... bah

He threw his hands in the air and then his eyes shot open as he forced himself to a sitting position on the bed side looking at his body

Just what the hell... what is all this I can't even read it perfectly... sand? why are there marking for sand on my hand and all of these other things

Ah... um... forgive me you have taken care of me and I do not even know your name I apologize for that and I would hate to inconvenience you any further but... I would like to know just what happened to me if you could...

His voice trailed off as he heard the sounds of combat in the main hall outside of the mentat chamber and being one that did not want to miss out on a single type of combat learning experience Indou pushed himself up onto what could at best be described as shaky legs and slowly made his way to the door to witness the end of the fighting and the beginning of chakra divination something that he himself was very interested in he knew by blood alone that most if not all Uchiha started with the fire attribute at least but the markings on his hands made him wonder if he had also held the potential for wind and earth elements that made up the sand element three elements at once would be quite the feat for the young Uchiha who had always been so frail, something that was magnified now by his slow and shaking steps.

Ah... perhaps Kuro sennin would allow me a crystal later... I don't have any chakra to spare at the moment

Indou wasn't over exaggerating that fact his chakra channels felt like a completely empty void with only enough chakra left to sustain his life force at the moment which did cause him to be frustrated but he knew that even resting was a part of good training and so he sat down on a bench not wanting to be segregated from everyone else and hoping that the kind person who had taken care of him would join him he did have many things that he needed to ask and they seemed to be the only one free to answer his questions.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A Rank
"Thank you Toraono-sensei," Aoi said with a bow. Although she already knew a bit of wind jutsu, she wasn't opposed to the idea of learning more. After all, Zansatsu had seemingly visited her in her own subconscious, and she was not prepared to face him now. "May I ask something as well? Is there a way to suppress my battle instinct? I'm afraid I'll endanger myself or those I cherish if I cannot demonstrate proper constraint."

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back